Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:15 AM   #41
Agent Spectre
Chunin Exam Participant

Agent Spectre is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Agent Spectre Send a message via Yahoo to Agent Spectre
Default Re: The Reputation system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurega View Post
I think these ranks should be displayed whenever someone posts. Right now it's only hidden by the box and need to be mouse-overed to display it.

I think the 1 rep power every year is a little too long. I mean, people can easily earn 1000 posts or 100 points in say a month or 2, so 365 days seems to be way too long. How about making it something like every 60 days?

PS: the names of the ranks are terrible... I assume you put them together in a hurry eh?

-Aurega
I agree that the rank should show rather than the rep power, But it would probably take some serious coding to do that.

I disagree about your proposed time length. think about it from the other point of view, people will easily be getting more power every two months just simply for being registered? They could very well not have contributed anything and get rewarded for it.
Six months, maybe... but I'm not arguing with a whole year, since like you said... there are far easier and more meaningful ways to gain power.

lol... well.. as for the rank "names"... Toma did say
Quote:
Though I am hoping once things calm down the mods can make this more "naruto styled" like the ranks.
So the ones there are obviously the defaults, and hopefully the mods will change them when they have time.

Another question I had... What exactly IS Neutral Rep, and how does one get it?
I notice the rep given in the image of the original post is neutral (grey), and I also have received one with no comment.
"I don't define reality as only that which I am able to see, hear and touch..." ~Shizuka Domeki
Agent Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #42
narutorocks
Veteran Chunin

narutorocks is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I like this new reputation system, I think it's good that people can be um..? appreciated for their useful posts with information(or an answer to a question but I think you know what i mean) instead of posts that just say "lol".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"But... but... my paw pads are so soft and supple!"~Pakkun
narutorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #43
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Spectre View Post
I agree that the rank should show rather than the rep power, But it would probably take some serious coding to do that.

I disagree about your proposed time length. think about it from the other point of view, people will easily be getting more power every two months just simply for being registered? They could very well not have contributed anything and get rewarded for it.
Six months, maybe... but I'm not arguing with a whole year, since like you said... there are far easier and more meaningful ways to gain power.

lol... well.. as for the rank "names"... Toma did say

So the ones there are obviously the defaults, and hopefully the mods will change them when they have time.

Another question I had... What exactly IS Neutral Rep, and how does one get it?
I notice the rep given in the image of the original post is neutral (grey), and I also have received one with no comment.
Neutral Rep is Rep given (or taken) by someone who has less than 50 posts or negative reputation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #44
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
However, is there a 'subtract' rep system in place right now to combat spammers or people who create multiple accounts to accumulate rep?
Just check disapprove instead of approve. That subtracts your power rank instead of adding it to the persons reputation.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 06-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #45
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

Quote:
Excellent system! I approve of it!

However, is there a 'subtract' rep system in place right now to combat spammers or people who create multiple accounts to accumulate rep?

I assume mods have the power to subtract rep form people.

And people, PMing Toma RNK won't make the battle system come any faster. It will be released when it is ready, and not before. In fact, for every pointless PM the council get, they have to waste time to read, and reply to that PM and thus they will have less time to spent on working on the actual system. Now it might not seem much to read and reply to a single PM, but once you get like 100 of them, it will take a lot of time.
yea, you can disaprove of the post when you click on the link to give rep

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #46
slayer95
Genin

slayer95 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Wink Re: The Reputation system.

Thanks, I was wondering what the rep system was about, so thanks again.

Danzo haters unite

evil side- Danzo is a cockroach, YOU MUST DIE.
slayer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:48 PM   #47
zachrex33
Genin Elite

zachrex33 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think that over all the rep system and the post rank system balance out each other, because now you know what a rank and how many post that person has and then rep tells you if there post are are spam or not.

~Village Hidden in the Lightning~
Jonin/Jutsu Creator/Co-Kage
~War Council Member/On Probation~
Member Of The ANBU, We Are Here To Help Just Pm me your question or post it at the topic below.
Bro-Skylar
zachrex33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:30 AM   #48
seannfma
Special Jonin Candidate

seannfma is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to seannfma

I totally agree zachtrex its a great balace between quanity and quality.

Close Friends: animelover, shinobi665, 2hyper4u, mangagirl, SakuraGirl

"The ones who didnt do anything are to blame the most"-me

"I made a promise to her, thats the most precious memory I have left!"-Sora-Kingdom hearts
seannfma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #49
Agent Spectre
Chunin Exam Participant

Agent Spectre is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Agent Spectre Send a message via Yahoo to Agent Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by seannfma View Post
I totally agree zachtrex its a great balace between quanity and quality.
The only reason the system is faulty is because only the most popular individuals seem to pick up any sort of reputation.

Even if you make a really bad or a really good post... the majority of people just aren't going to add to the rep of that post. Things go ignored.

That and people who have spammy friends with a high "rep power" get a lot of rep for basically nothing.

Ah the bliss of ignorance in society... -_-;
"I don't define reality as only that which I am able to see, hear and touch..." ~Shizuka Domeki

Last edited by Agent Spectre; 06-07-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Agent Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:07 AM   #50
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

While I can agree spectre, it is the closed an automated system with user input can get to assessing someones post quality. IT is probably as fair as the faults of human nature can allow for.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 06-09-2009, 06:09 AM   #51
Uchiha_Itachi
Chunin Exam Participant

Uchiha_Itachi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

This is a good system, It'll probably boost the quality of posts in the forums, leading to success.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:08 PM   #52
TheViolletteHeart
Special Jonin Candidate

TheViolletteHeart is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasendori View Post
Its a good system but people can make mistakes. Some person gave me bad reputation because he thought I was the guy who posted above me because we had the same avatar. the guy had a spelling error.
Someone would reduce rep over a spelling error? I've just learned to ignore minor ones because everybody makes mistakes and misses errors sometimes. Besides, some words have multiple spellings, like color vs colour and theater vs theatre. Other multiple spellings come from when Japanese words are written in their romantisized form, such as Hyuga/Hyuuga.
TheViolletteHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:08 PM   #53
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I've already got something in the works that's going to tie your rep and rank together, and make it a lot more 'tactile' and visual.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #54
TheViolletteHeart
Special Jonin Candidate

TheViolletteHeart is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasendori View Post
no the guy wrote village as villah
That's still kinda minor. The 'g' is right by the 'h', and there is such a thing as a 'villa' anyway.
TheViolletteHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:46 AM   #55
<Aurega?>
Because having a blank username couldn't possibly be any more annoying

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Is there currently an appeal system where users can appleal rep given/taken from them to a mod? And the mod can then go in and see if it is a valid reason why the rep was given that way and if it is simply flaming, they can undo the changes in rep?

I'm sorry this will mean more work for you mods, but I think this is the issue most people are afraid of. After all, you get paid to do this and no pain no gain right? xD

What do the rest of you think?

-Aurega
<Aurega?> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:50 AM   #56
Hinata_Byakugan
Genin

Hinata_Byakugan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

hello
Hinata_Byakugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:50 AM   #57
Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Sometimes...at night...I cover myself in Vaseline, crawl on the floor, and call myself a slug.
Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
I've already got something in the works that's going to tie your rep and rank together, and make it a lot more 'tactile' and visual.
Thank you!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #58
LaydeeWundarfullness
Ninja Academy Student

LaydeeWundarfullness is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

can i hav rep?
LaydeeWundarfullness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:03 AM   #59
<Aurega?>
Because having a blank username couldn't possibly be any more annoying

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

If you ask like that, chances are, you'll get negative rep...
<Aurega?> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:51 AM   #60
BaneDeidara
Special Jonin Candidate

BaneDeidara is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think its kinda pointless if anyone can give rep. I keep getting negative rep for no reason at all...
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" ~ うちはイタチ
"Your life was only spared on a whim, but this time you will lose your life on a whim." ~ うちはサスケ
"Cower in awe! Cry your heart out! Because my art ... is an EXPLOSION!" ~ デイダラ
BaneDeidara is offline   Reply With Quote