Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
White Dragon
Genin

White Dragon is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default How does the Sharingan work?

I have been thinking about this for a while, and thought I would post it.

In the Zabuza arc (original series, first arc), it was stated by Zabuza that the sharingan merely controls the other person, a hypnosis.

However, almost everywhere else, it seems that the Sharingan can literally just see a move, and have the holder copy it.

The latter seems to be true, due to the overwhelming evidence (sasuke's lions barrage, Hundreds of kakashi's jutsu, etc.). But, what about the first point? The Sharingan can control others, using genjutsu. So, can the Sharingan do both (hypnosis and copying)? Just one? What does everyone think?

White Dragon of Aura
Click
Spoiler:
Guess What?
Spoiler:
Keep on clicking and you'll find out!
Spoiler:
Or...Well,anyway it's...I lied...keep waiting
Spoiler:
And waiting
Spoiler:
And......................I just wasted 30 seconds of your life!
Spoiler:
Why are you still clicking?
Spoiler:
Stop..joke's over
Spoiler:
Honestly, stop.

White Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
Ishtar
Banned

Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: How does the Sharingan work?

Its both. Genjutsu, Copying, and well......ALOT of other things
Ishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
pery sage
Freshmen Academy Student

pery sage is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

hypmotism an other
pery sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Kakashi used hypnosis against Zabuza. And Kakashi copied Zabuza's Water Dragon Jutsu. So it's both.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
Ishtar
Banned

Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ishtar finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

What about "certain" jutsus?
Ishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
sasuke uchiha1
Apprentice Genin

sasuke uchiha1 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

read there moves. because if u could do that then why doesnt kakashi hipnotise zabuza and make him stab him self and them not be in a gen jutsu. (tobi is awasome)

(/_
(^-\) Art...Is an Explosion!
/_!_\ Put this on your sig if you love Deidara

<((:))> <((:))>
.'l'.
.'l'.
----
Pain (The God Of Peace)
sasuke uchiha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #7
White Dragon
Genin

White Dragon is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Well, I don't think it's that kind of hypnosis. More like a stunning. But, I assumed it was both.

White Dragon of Aura
Click
Spoiler:
Guess What?
Spoiler:
Keep on clicking and you'll find out!
Spoiler:
Or...Well,anyway it's...I lied...keep waiting
Spoiler:
And waiting
Spoiler:
And......................I just wasted 30 seconds of your life!
Spoiler:
Why are you still clicking?
Spoiler:
Stop..joke's over
Spoiler:
Honestly, stop.

White Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #8
garra12345
Chunin Exam Proctor

garra12345 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

If you read the manga it might make more sense than the show.
garra12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:26 PM   #9
AkiraNeko
Chunin Exam Proctor

AkiraNeko is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It's both.
Nous ferons tout droit
Mon bel amour, mon bel amour

Village Hidden in the Aura

"Sometimes I wish I could disown my sister, but then I realize we're the only two in the room."

"Peace will find us with Harmony.."

BF: Ishtar

I love small, hard-to-read font, don't you?
AkiraNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #10
Uchiha Mitsuo
Apprentice Genin

Uchiha Mitsuo is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Pixie Dust. Tinkerbell gave some of it to Kishimoto so he could have this supa kewl eye trick.
Uchiha Mitsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #11
Mayuri
Genin

Mayuri is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Genjustu mostly and the abilty to caculate your oppenents moves before they strike
Mayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #12
Saturi
Apprentice Genin

Saturi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It's more the copying jutsu and anticipating the enemies movements than anything else. But Genjutsu is a small part of the use of the Sharingan.
Saturi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:18 AM   #13
BlazingStar
Genin

BlazingStar is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Basically it can read movements before they happen(this ability varies depending on the users abilities), it can copy Jutsu, and preform Genjutsu. Again, these abilities vary from user to user.
BlazingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #14
Level6Ninja
Genin

Level6Ninja is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

why doesnt itachi, madara, or sasuke ever use the copying part? sasuke does it once in the chunin exams, but kakashi is the only one who does it multiple times.

Level6Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:33 AM   #15
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Wright

What? Zabuza thought he was being controlled but Kakashi mindraped him, made him think that by copying his jutsu.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Phoenix Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #16
Kitsujiro Fuyu
Chunin Exam Participant

Kitsujiro Fuyu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

With eyes in general, you gain the sense of sight; which can be also divided into two subcategories of seeing and perceiving. To use an example to clarify, say I'm looking at something far away from me, such as an airplane flying over head. My range of sight tells me that there's something above me, but it doesn't tell me immediately what it is. One's perception is the ability to recognize its shape and other physical characteristics and tells my brain that what is above is an airplane. To simplify what I'm trying to say, Sight only tells us what is around us while perception is the link between our eyes and our brain which has us figure out what the stuff around us is.

In my opinion, I believe Kishi first divided the occular powers into these two categories of seeing and perceiving(this is excluding the Rinnegan, as I don't want to get to far off track as trying to reason how it works). In my opinion, I believe that seeing went to the Byakugan, allowing the user to see great distances away from them and being able to sense one's Chakra flow. However, even though they can see great distances, a Byakugan user cannot determine immediately what they are looking at, as shown in the anime and manga, which they have to focus in on what they want to see out of everything in their increased field of vision.

However, the Sharingan works mainly on the perception level of our sense of sight. While the Sharingan can't see long distances, its ability allows the user to literally turn what they see around them into information, send it to the brain, and act within miliseconds, such as during Obito's final fight with Kakashi against that two bladed guy. This heightened sense of perception is what gives the Sharingan its ability to not only copy its opponents moves, but to percieve what their opponent's action is the same moment their oppenent launches an attack. That ability to think the same moment as your opponent launches an attack relies mainly on the user's ability to percieve what they are seeing and act upon it is what makes the Sharingan such a formidable ability to get over. Since it also deals more with perception, it would also make sense that the Sharingan is to some extent able to create Genjutsu, which affect their opponent's perception of the world around them.

Of course, this goes to say that all of this is my opinion, but having an interest in Biology, this is how I reasoned to myself how both the Byakugan and Sharingan would work.

Kitsujiro Fuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #17
Kuro 14
Apprentice Genin

Kuro 14 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

if you were Sasuke and u had your sharingan activated you would see a shadow or out line of ur opponent next move. it is an eye to eye contact as long as u are looking at their eyes you can copy and see their move. Sometimes you can finish their justu before they do
Old 04-24-2010, 03:10 PM   #18
Mangekyou Sasuke
Special Jonin Candidate

Mangekyou Sasuke has completed a tough C-rank mission!Mangekyou Sasuke has completed a tough C-rank mission!Mangekyou Sasuke has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro 14 View Post
if you were Sasuke and u had your sharingan activated you would see a shadow or out line of ur opponent next move. it is an eye to eye contact as long as u are looking at their eyes you can copy and see their move. Sometimes you can finish their justu before they do
Ya like seeing into the future by seconds
Old 04-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #19
Danzi
Special Jonin Candidate

Danzi finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danzi finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danzi finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danzi finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danzi finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danzi finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danzi finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Danzi finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
I have been thinking about this for a while, and thought I would post it.

In the Zabuza arc (original series, first arc), it was stated by Zabuza that the sharingan merely controls the other person, a hypnosis.

However, almost everywhere else, it seems that the Sharingan can literally just see a move, and have the holder copy it.

The latter seems to be true, due to the overwhelming evidence (sasuke's lions barrage, Hundreds of kakashi's jutsu, etc.). But, what about the first point? The Sharingan can control others, using genjutsu. So, can the Sharingan do both (hypnosis and copying)? Just one? What does everyone think?
It can scan every thing Taijusto genjusyu and nijutsu and allows to cast gentustus

All humans have a demon inside them. Its when we let them out that the world burns.- Danzi

True strength is earned not given. - Danzi

It is harder to protect than to destroy.- Danzi

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many."- the Doctor.
Spoiler:

Danzi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #20
UchihaSasuke19
Apprentice Genin

UchihaSasuke19 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Ninja45 View Post
Kakashi used hypnosis against Zabuza. And Kakashi copied Zabuza's Water Dragon Jutsu. So it's both.
i agree

(teleports away)
Sensei:kay
UchihaSasuke19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sharingan, uchiha