Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
W U B Z
Genin

W U B Z is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default User avatars plz ??!

does ANYONE else think we should be able to upload our own avatars ???!

Last edited by W U B Z; 03-23-2010 at 04:31 PM.
W U B Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Sai's brother
Jonin

Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Default Re: User avatars plz ??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W U B Z View Post
does ANYONE else think we should be able to upload our own avatars ???!
No I do not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sai's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
Onyx_Skies
Genin

Onyx_Skies is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Problem: Fan art photos would get Viz in huge trouble; which is why we can't. So no.

Onyx_Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
W U B Z
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx_Skies View Post
Problem: Fan art photos would get Viz in huge trouble; which is why we can't.
whys that ??
Old 03-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
whys that ??
copy rights law

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
W U B Z
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri View Post
copy rights law
lol hundreds of other forums and websites allow this .. ?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #7
Onyx_Skies
Genin

Quote:
whys that ??
Viz doesn't actually own Naruto (they only have rights to sell the manga, show the anime on TV, toys, DVD's, etc), and that means that if any fan art is posted or used here, Viz can get sued by Japan.

EDIT: Other forums aren't run by Viz themselves, so that's why they can use fanart.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #8
W U B Z
Genin

Quote:
Viz doesn't actually own Naruto (they only have rights to sell the manga/anime, toys, DVD's, etc), and that means that if any fan art is posted or used here, Viz can get sued by Japan.
though cant we put practically anything in our signatures ? whats the difference there ?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #9
Sai's brother
Jonin

Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Quote:
lol hundreds of other forums and websites allow this .. ?

Well this is a OFFICIAL naruto forum owned by Viz

Old 03-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #10
Onyx_Skies
Genin

Quote:
though cant we put practically anything in our signatures ? whats the difference there ?
Yes; as long as you don't put Viz pics on there, you can put anything you want in your sig. The avatars are a no-no though.

The difference is that other anime/manga not owned by Viz can be put in, anything Viz-related can't be posted or-like I said-Viz can get sued by Japan at anytime.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #11
W U B Z
Genin

Quote:
Yes; as long as you don't put Viz pics on there, you can put anything you want in your sig. The avatars are a no-no though.

The difference is that other anime/manga not owned by Viz can be put in, anything Viz-related can't be posted or-like I said-Viz can get sued by Japan at anytime.
so what your saying is if i googled kakashi and picked a random picture to use as an avatar i couldnt use it because viz owns it ? what are the chances of that ?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #12
Sai's brother
Jonin

Quote:
so what your saying is if i googled kakashi and picked a random picture to use as an avatar i couldn't use it because viz owns it ? what are the chances of that ?

Viz owns Naruto which has Kakashi is in it. Therefore Viz owns Kakashi

Old 03-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #13
ThePurpleChidori
Chunin Exam Proctor

ThePurpleChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
so what your saying is if i googled kakashi and picked a random picture to use as an avatar i couldnt use it because viz owns it ? what are the chances of that ?
It wouldn't even work because you can't upload your own avatars.

Oh.
Quote:
More like no more sasuke lovers.
we come when there are real humans with brains and a high IQ to argue with. oh wait sasuke lovers do not have any of those qualities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK
I am starting to think people should have to take a basic competency test to use the internet.
ThePurpleChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #14
Onyx_Skies
Genin

Quote:
Yes, and it'd most likely be 100% that you can't. Even if you tried, there isn't an option to upload the picture yourself.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #15
W U B Z
Genin

Sai's Brother :

Quote:
Viz doesn't actually own Naruto
Old 03-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #16
W U B Z
Genin

Quote:
Yes, and it'd most likely be 100% that you can't. Even if you tried, there isn't an option to upload the picture yourself.
well whatever i think they should figure out a way to do it ..
Old 03-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #17
Onyx_Skies
Genin

Quote:
well whatever i think they should figure out a way to do it ..
They can't, because whatever way they get to do that (Which I highly doubt) they still won't allow anything Naruto related. (Or anything Viz-related)

EDIT:
Quote:
Sai's Brother :

That is true, but they also have rights to the characters just as much as they do the series. They don't own them, but they have rights to them.

Last edited by Onyx_Skies; 03-23-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #18
Sai's brother
Jonin

Quote:
Sai's Brother :

-.-''

Old 03-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #19
W U B Z
Genin

Quote:
They can't, because whatever way they get to do that (Which I highly doubt) they still won't allow anything Naruto related. (Or anything Viz-related)
whatever dude im confused as hell right now lets just leave at it cant be done .. unfortunately ..
Old 03-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #20
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori

Sage Mode, Srhyse, Toma, and others can explain it much better and I'm sure they'll get around to this thread to give you a good explanation.

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.

Space Cowboy Sasori is offline   Reply With Quote