Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #21
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasu_girl View Post
i'm sorry but that statement just really got to me. human bodies specifically are not the most complex thing. all living bodies are very complex. do not simply say human because it is ignorant and stupid and i hate it.
Actually, it's scientifically proven that human beings have the most complex anatomy out of all living creatures we know of so far. We have the most intricate bodies on Earth, right down to the chemical level. No living being has more chemical reactions in one body than we do proportionally. It's not ignorant, it's a fact. If you choose to believe otherwise, I won't hold it against you. It can be argued that I'm wrong. However, I have yet to have somebody prove to me that there is any sort of organism that is more complicated than ourselves.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #22
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
i'm sorry but that statement just really got to me. human bodies specifically are not the most complex thing. all living bodies are very complex. do not simply say human because it is ignorant and stupid and i hate it.
There is nothing wrong with calling people, who are the conglomerate of individual cells a complex being.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #23
kiba3882
Chunin Exam Participant

kiba3882 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

god is real to anyone who believes in him/her i myself believe in him and if you dont then that is your own faith ...some thing out there created us or is of a higher being and evolution did happen ..im sure the story of god got messed up over the trillions of years kinda like a giant game of telephone..but if hes there or not we will never find out

Kisamesgirl's Long Lost Sister...Reunites at last!
Mangagirl's Crazy Alcoholic Auntie...now go get auntie a brewsky!
kiba3882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #24
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
Agreed. I see religion more as a sort of guideline on how a person can live ideally according to our interpretation of divine messages. Overall, it's not a bad system. I mean, "Thou shall not kill" is usually a nice law to live by. The Ten Commandments provide a fairly well thought out list of ways to live free from the negative repercussions of "sin," otherwise known as breaking the law.
Don't get me wrong, there are definitely good things that religions can teach you. But any religion that teaches that, "it's our way or the highway," loses all my respect.

Ashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #25
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenREAPER View Post
Don't get me wrong, there are definitely good things that religions can teach you. But any religion that teaches that, "it's our way or the highway," loses all my respect.
Again, I agree. There is no "one way" to live, despite what a religion may tell you.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #26
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenREAPER View Post
For any idea to survive it has to assert it's self over others. Not everyone can be right, nor can everyone be pleased.
Quote:
Again, I agree. There is no "one way" to live, despite what a religion may tell you.
That's not what he was talking about and we both know it. Obviously there are more ways to live than just one, but if said religions way wasn't supposed to better the religion would have no backbone.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #27
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
oh, sorry, i read it wrong x3 tehe ^^ yeah, i just dun like people thinking that we're better than everything else
We are. That's not inclusive to those who don't think we are. They aren't.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #28
sasu_girl
Lovely Girl :3
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Actually, it's scientifically proven that human beings have the most complex anatomy out of all living creatures we know of so far. We have the most intricate bodies on Earth, right down to the chemical level. No living being has more chemical reactions in one body than we do proportionally. It's not ignorant, it's a fact. If you choose to believe otherwise, I won't hold it against you. It can be argued that I'm wrong. However, I have yet to have somebody prove to me that there is any sort of organism that is more complicated than ourselves.
oh, sorry, i read it wrong x3 tehe ^^ yeah, i just dun like people thinking that we're better than everything else

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
sasu_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #29
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
For any idea to survive it has to assert it's self over others. Not everyone can be right, nor can everyone be pleased.

That's not what he was talking about and we both know it. Obviously there are more ways to live than just one, but if said religions way wasn't supposed to better the religion would have no backbone.
I'm not sure what this has to do with my post. I simply stated that there's no exact one way to live. In other words, there is no perfect way of life. Certain religions say otherwise, which is the "my way or the highway" mentality I thought he was conveying. Therefore, I simply replied that there is no "best" way to live, as each individual has their own needs, wants, desires, etc.

A religion may claim to be better than another way of life, but it all depends on the person within that religious groups. If one religion truly did have a better way of life, we'd all be part of the same religion. Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism, and all the other world religions would cease to exist, and we'd all become part of that one main religion.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #30
TheAkatsukiClanPM9999
Chunin Exam Proctor

TheAkatsukiClanPM9999 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to TheAkatsukiClanPM9999 Send a message via Yahoo to TheAkatsukiClanPM9999 Send a message via Skype™ to TheAkatsukiClanPM9999

God does exist, I don't know why people think he is not real, how is there suchthing as earth, did it create on its on?NO. Why is there such thing as good spirits? God sends part of there soul back to earth.

Spoiler:

18-0

TheAkatsukiClanPM9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #31
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Quote:
I'm not sure what this has to do with my post. I simply stated that there's no exact one way to live. In other words, there is no perfect way of life. Certain religions say otherwise, which is the "my way or the highway" mentality I thought he was conveying. Therefore, I simply replied that there is no "best" way to live, as each individual has their own needs, wants, desires, etc.

A religion may claim to be better than another way of life, but it all depends on the person within that religious groups. If one religion truly did have a better way of life, we'd all be part of the same religion. Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism, and all the other world religions would cease to exist, and we'd all become part of that one main religion.
I'm simply pointing out the fact that you said you agreed with his statement, but then changed the content of what you actually agreed with.

And there is no perfect way obviously. As a Jew and a Christian we both realize that being human prevents us from doing anything perfect by G-d's (I hope you don't mind me using this, but it actually it is a good habit in principle) standard.

And I actually disagree with this next part. People have the opportunity to live better more comfortable lifes all the time, but instead they choose to do things detrimental to their existence such as smoking, etc.

I don't think one has to be apart of a religion to experience the best way to live, either. I think all one has to do is realize that there are more important things out there than themselves. Once they get that and stop living entirely for their own advancement, their existence will be much more fulfilling. I'm also not saying this singular to a single religion. I believe Judaism and Christianity share this ideal.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #32
TheAkatsukiClanPM9999
Chunin Exam Proctor

TheAkatsukiClanPM9999 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to TheAkatsukiClanPM9999 Send a message via Yahoo to TheAkatsukiClanPM9999 Send a message via Skype™ to TheAkatsukiClanPM9999

Quote:
umm, the earth is a compression of minnerals and pressurised into a circle by the gravity from the sun.
Like I didn't know that.

Spoiler:

18-0

Old 03-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #33
sasu_girl
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtatsukiClanPM9999 View Post
God does exist, I don't know why people think he is not real, how is there suchthing as earth, did it create on its on?NO. Why is there such thing as good spirits? God sends part of there soul back to earth.
umm, the earth is a compression of minnerals and pressurised into a circle by the gravity from the sun.

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
Old 03-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #34
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
I'm simply pointing out the fact that you said you agreed with his statement, but then changed the content of what you actually agreed with.

And there is no perfect way obviously. As a Jew and a Christian we both realize that being human prevents us from doing anything perfect by G-d's (I hope you don't mind me using this, but it actually it is a good habit in principle) standard.

And I actually disagree with this next part. People have the opportunity to live better more comfortable lifes all the time, but instead they choose to do things detrimental to their existence such as smoking, etc.

I don't think one has to be apart of a religion to experience the best way to live, either. I think all one has to do is realize that there are more important things out there than themselves. Once they get that and stop living entirely for their own advancement, their existence will be much more fulfilling. I'm also not saying this singular to a single religion. I believe Judaism and Christianity share this ideal.
I was agreeing with his dislike of the "one way to live" mentality some religions share. Then I went on to say that there isn't "one way". Looking back, it was poorly worded, so I apologize for that.

As for the G-d thing, I actually encourage you to use it. It's been a habit of mine since I was little, and it's refreshing to see somebody else use the hyphen, actually.

It's true that as humans we are incapable of obtaining perfection. The best we can do is strive to get as close as we can, though whether you use society's standard of perfect, your religion's standard, or your own personal standards I can't say, as each individual has their own free will to choose whichever one they wish.

I've studied various world religions, namely those based off of the story of Abraham (Islam, Judaism, Christianity), and I've found that they all hold true to the central belief of living your life in devotion to G-d as fully and as successfully as possible. As a result of this devotion to G-d, you also show a devotion to your fellow man, your planet, and yourself, as everything is part of G-d when you look at the big picture. Going by this sort of central code of conduct, religion can help to give people a means by which to live their lives to the fullest by simultaneously helping their fellow man, their G-d, their planet, and themselves.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #35
TheAkatsukiClanPM9999
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
then you confuse me >.<
oh

Spoiler:

18-0

Old 03-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #36
sasu_girl
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtatsukiClanPM9999 View Post
Like I didn't know that.
then you confuse me >.<

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
Old 03-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #37
Paradox Within
Special Jonin Candidate

Paradox Within has completed a tough C-rank mission!Paradox Within has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via Yahoo to Paradox Within

Oh man, if the big man upstairs does exist, then he's going to be pissed at all the people who said he didn't exist.....including me. I believe in karma and reincarnation and that our souls are simply recycled or split in two for true soul mates.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #38
pery sage
Freshmen Academy Student

pery sage is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I strongly believe in a G-d. This both has to do with my religious upbringing, years of studying various religions/ history/ science, and many personal experiences/ beliefs that lead me to believe in a higher power.

There are far too many unexplainable things for there to NOT be some sort of deity in my mind. For example, say the Big Bang Theory is true, and the universe was originally condensed into a single tiny speck of Supermatter. Well, why did that matter suddenly explode into our current universe? What existed before that matter? Why doesn't it exist now? Does it exist now?

For me, G-d is what cannot be explained, known, or comprehended, while at the same time existing as a collective summation of all conscious thought that has spanned eternity. I might not see G-d the same way the religious texts I read say He does, but I still believe nevertheless.
pery sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #39
Kakuzu
Special Jonin Candidate

Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kakuzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi killer View Post
What do you think about it, is god really exists?!
Discuss...
He does exist, in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neisen Uchiha View Post
don't think he does....never did
Yeah, all them people just made a random book (very long book) about a false God and his journeys through out his time, healing people, preaching to people, etc. otherwise known as the Bible... And some random guy just got hung on a cross and died for all of us. Yeah, it was all made up. Where do you get all this information from diffrent people of the time period?

Spoiler:

Quote:
No I think how you almost blew my brain out is pretty cool! I wish I could be that intelligent and say stuff like you just did.

Quote:
wanna know what I love?How when Kakuzu comes right in the middle of our drama in here.
Kakuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:19 PM   #40
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox Within View Post
Oh man, if the big man upstairs does exist, then he's going to be pissed at all the people who said he didn't exist.....including me. I believe in karma and reincarnation and that our souls are simply recycled or split in two for true soul mates.
I find it very hard to believe that if God existed he would be mad at people for not believing that he exists. I don't think it would matter to him, or anyone with so much power for that matter, because there are likely millions of people who did lots of good in the world and never believed in God. This is assuming God exists. I myself am undecided on whether or not God exists. Who am I to say God doesn't exist? If someone so powerful existed, could he not make it so that people wouldn't believe he existed, even if he did? Besides that, saying he doesn't exist because I've never seen or met him is like saying half of the population of China doesn't exist because I've never seen or met them. And who am I to say he does exist? Yesterday's unexplainable phenomina is today's tricked out gizmo, or today's discovery of the century. I doubt that everything someone claims to be the work of God can't be proven scientifically. So until I see something that actually proves that he exists, or a very compelling arguement saying that he doesn't, I won't thoroughly involve myself with this. I also won't be trying to convince anyone he does or doesn't exist, I'll let people believe whatever the heck they want.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote