Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
Shinobi killer
Special Jonin Candidate

Shinobi killer is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Question God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

What do you think, does god really exist?!
Discuss...

Last edited by JCTKNE4E; 09-03-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Shinobi killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:42 AM   #2
Memitim
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard

Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
Send a message via Skype™ to Memitim
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

don't think he does....never did

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Memitim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:47 AM   #3
Shinobi killer
Special Jonin Candidate

Why most of the people are thinking that god doesn't exist?! Are you have any motive to think so?!
Old 03-22-2010, 01:50 AM   #4
Memitim
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard

Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
Send a message via Skype™ to Memitim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi killer View Post
Why most of the people are thinking that god doesn't exist?! Are you have any motive to think so?!
...if i can't see something with my own eyes then it doesn't exist...therefore since i haven't seen you, you don't exist hahahaaha...jk but seriously

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Memitim; 06-20-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Memitim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:57 AM   #5
Shinobi killer
Special Jonin Candidate

Well, that's the best option to answer. But only for those who has a big hurt on his heart...
Old 03-22-2010, 04:22 AM   #6
sasu_girl
Lovely Girl :3
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

i need proof of something to believe in it. and since they can't prove there's a god i don't believe in one. i have no religion actually =P

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
sasu_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:24 AM   #7
Akatsuki Gord
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki Gord saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Akatsuki Gord saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

i agrree with both sasu and neisen

Currently playing - Fifa 13, One Piece and NUNS3
Akatsuki Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:25 AM   #8
sasu_girl
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki Gord View Post
i agrree with both sasu and neisen
yayz ^^

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
Sasori_X
Chunin Exam Proctor

Sasori_X is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

If you want real answers, I highly suggest posting this in the debate section.

However I am agnostic kinda. I just don't believe that everything happening to us was all just by random chance and coincidence. Expecially out of nowhere a big bang happened and cause the universe to exist. Though Stephen Hawking did come up with a brilliant hypothesis that if he can somehow prove that the universe is expanding, this only proves even more that there really was no beggining. So far I don't think he's gotten that far though.However my belief in God is much different than the Judeo-Christian God most people believe in. I think of him as some omnipotent pulling a experiment to truly see if we humans can coexist peacefully with each other or not. But thats just me.

"Snooping as usual I see"- Robotnik and his magnificent pingas

More than happy to add you as a friend.
Sasori_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #10
Jinchiruuki

The reason religion is called FAITH is because it is about you believing in it or not. I don't believe in such things but others do. I respect people's beliefs..while I may not agree with them because we are all entitled to have our own faiths.
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 03-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #11
naruto_jock
The Asian Sensation

naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I think He does exist, but that's only me.

naruto_jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:48 AM   #12
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi killer View Post
What do you think about it, is god really exists?!
Discuss...
There was a thread already made about the bible and another about athiests defending their stance.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:52 AM   #13
Jimboberino
Smasher of infedels...
Sage of Sunkist

Jimboberino has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jimboberino has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jimboberino has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jimboberino has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jimboberino has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jimboberino has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post
The reason religion is called FAITH is because it is about you believing in it or not. I don't believe in such things but others do. I respect people's beliefs..while I may not agree with them because we are all entitled to have our own faiths.
*is not a typical Christian and thinks the same way as Jin, except I'm on the "does believe" side*

Taking yet another ride on the white pony...

I am Jimboberino. P:<
Jimboberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #14
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I strongly believe in a G-d. This both has to do with my religious upbringing, years of studying various religions/ history/ science, and many personal experiences/ beliefs that lead me to believe in a higher power.

There are far too many unexplainable things for there to NOT be some sort of deity in my mind. For example, say the Big Bang Theory is true, and the universe was originally condensed into a single tiny speck of Supermatter. Well, why did that matter suddenly explode into our current universe? What existed before that matter? Why doesn't it exist now? Does it exist now?

For me, G-d is what cannot be explained, known, or comprehended, while at the same time existing as a collective summation of all conscious thought that has spanned eternity. I might not see G-d the same way the religious texts I read say He does, but I still believe nevertheless.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #15
Jimboberino
Smasher of infedels...
Sage of Sunkist

Jimboberino has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jimboberino has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jimboberino has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jimboberino has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jimboberino has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Jimboberino has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
Well, why did that matter suddenly explode into our current universe?
This reminds me of Aquinas and his "unmoved mover." Interesting philosophical argument.

/leaks more brain matter

Old 03-22-2010, 10:45 AM   #16
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboberino View Post
This reminds me of Aquinas and his "unmoved mover." Interesting philosophical argument.

/leaks more brain matter
Aquinas made his argument very effectively when compared to many philosophers before him. I mean, that whole first mover and intelligent being stuff is insane when you think about it. Every action has a reaction, so who or what made that first action? And who made the thing that made the first action? There are just too many variables and unanswered questions out there for me NOT to believe in G-d.

I also believe in the entire theory of intelligent design. I mean, when you think about it, the human body is by far the most complex thing in our universe so far. What are the scientific or mathematical odds of our being coming into existence EXACTLY they way it did without some sort of being directing the creation of the human body. For something like man to come into existence simply as a cosmic coincidence is just ridiculous. Science tells us the universe is billions of years old. In those billions of years, the chances of any organisms coming to life, let alone organisms as complex as humans, are nigh impossible by the means with which nature has presented to us.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #17
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I believe in god and that he does exist. That said, I hate the concept of religion. Namely, it's the non-sense concept that, "if you don't believe in our religion, then you'll be damned," got old fast for me.

Ashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:51 AM   #18
Jimboberino
Smasher of infedels...
Sage of Sunkist

Quote:
Aquinas made his argument very effectively when compared to many philosophers before him. I mean, that whole first mover and intelligent being stuff is insane when you think about it. Every action has a reaction, so who or what made that first action? And who made the thing that made the first action? There are just too many variables and unanswered questions out there for me NOT to believe in G-d.

I also believe in the entire theory of intelligent design. I mean, when you think about it, the human body is by far the most complex thing in our universe so far. What are the scientific or mathematical odds of our being coming into existence EXACTLY they way it did without some sort of being directing the creation of the human body. For something like man to come into existence simply as a cosmic coincidence is just ridiculous. Science tells us the universe is billions of years old. In those billions of years, the chances of any organisms coming to life, let alone organisms as complex as humans, are nigh impossible by the means with which nature has presented to us.
You're clearly more well-informed then I am, buddy. But I get the gist of what you're saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenREAPER View Post
I believe in god and that he does exist. That said, I hate the concept of religion. Namely, it's the non-sense concept that, "if you don't believe in our religion, then you'll be damned," got old fast for me.
Spirituality without religion is also something I prefer. To instantly be labeled along with a group of people who do both good and terrible things doesn't sit well with me. I'd prefer to be judged as an individual.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #19
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenREAPER View Post
Agreed. I see religion more as a sort of guideline on how a person can live ideally according to our interpretation of divine messages. Overall, it's not a bad system. I mean, "Thou shall not kill" is usually a nice law to live by. The Ten Commandments provide a fairly well thought out list of ways to live free from the negative repercussions of "sin," otherwise known as breaking the law.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #20
sasu_girl
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:

i'm sorry but that statement just really got to me. human bodies specifically are not the most complex thing. all living bodies are very complex. do not simply say human because it is ignorant and stupid and i hate it.

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~