Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #21
tyler
Genin

tyler has completed a tough C-rank mission!tyler has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Itachi's gift = power

A couple things:

1) Itachi asked Naruto what he would do if Sasuke attacked Konoha. He asked if Naruto would kill Sasuke. Naruto said no and then Itachi gave Naruto some power.

2) Itachi had hoped that Naruto would never have to use this power. This means that Itachi hoped that the Amaterasu he was going to plant into Sasuke would kill Madara. Itachi knew that Madara would be able to turn Sasuke evil. Itachi knew that if Sasuke turned evil, he would go on a rampage. A loving older brother would not wish this on his younger brother. Thus, Itachi didn't want Naruto to have to use this power because it would mean that Madara wasn't killed and Sasuke was attacking Konoha and killing people.

3) I have thought that the power itself would be a Genjutsu to talk some sense into Sasuke. However, recent events made me realize that the only way Naruto and Sasuke talk is with their fists.

4) There is also the possibility that The gift isn't meant for Sasuke at all. It could be meant for Madara. Itachi could have recognized that Naruto is good enough to fight with Sasuke without any help.

5) There is the off chance that the gift could be a means to prevent a Sharingan from controlling the Kyuubi inside Naruto...thus getting the best of Sasuke and Madara with one move.

I'm right behind you.

HTML Code:
What's the point of the HTML tags here if they don't render as HTML???  Goash.  
<a href="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sense</a>
Old 03-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #22
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Duh!
It's a Sharningan-Rasengan!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #23
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

I think that Itachi's gift = power has been pretty much assumed by everyone. It's probably some sort of new jutsu that Itachi has never shown before. It somehow will activate if Naruto fights Sasuke. (which means we might get to see what it is here soon)

Old 03-16-2010, 05:47 AM   #24
Twilightsage
Freshmen Academy Student

Twilightsage is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Hi, sorry to ask but what episode of the anime or chapter of the manga did itachi make the crow go down naruto's throat? I havent been able to find it, Thanks
Old 03-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #25
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I hope everyone knows I was kidding about the

Rasengan-Sharnigan

or

Rasen-Sharnigan

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #26
naruto_jock
The Asian Sensation

naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.naruto_jock is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post

Rasengan-Sharnigan

or

Rasen-Sharnigan

Yes stick-man.....we all knew that you were joking.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #27
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post

Rasengan-Sharnigan

or

Rasen-Sharnigan
I knew that. But it would be cool if Naruto did a resengan the looks like like that Sharigan XD

Old 03-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #28
9tail
Chunin Exam Proctor

9tail has completed a tough C-rank mission!9tail has completed a tough C-rank mission!9tail has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Spoiler:
well...we probley wont know what the gift is for a while since the development in the chapter
Old 03-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #29
Hozuki Suigetsu
Chunin Exam Participant

Hozuki Suigetsu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I'm will be suprised if Naruto doesn't learn a new jutsu or technique in the next coming chapters. He needs something cool and new!

Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.

[U]
Old 03-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #30
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozuki Suigetsu View Post
I'm will be suprised if Naruto doesn't learn a new jutsu or technique in the next coming chapters. He needs something cool and new!
Ah yea I know. Whatch Itachi's gift is something lame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tail View Post
Spoiler:
well...we probley wont know what the gift is for a while since the development in the chapter
Who knows?

Old 03-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #31
AphroditeUchiha
Chunin Exam Participant

AphroditeUchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler View Post
A couple things:

1) Itachi asked Naruto what he would do if Sasuke attacked Konoha. He asked if Naruto would kill Sasuke. Naruto said no and then Itachi gave Naruto some power.

2) Itachi had hoped that Naruto would never have to use this power. This means that Itachi hoped that the Amaterasu he was going to plant into Sasuke would kill Madara. Itachi knew that Madara would be able to turn Sasuke evil. Itachi knew that if Sasuke turned evil, he would go on a rampage. A loving older brother would not wish this on his younger brother. Thus, Itachi didn't want Naruto to have to use this power because it would mean that Madara wasn't killed and Sasuke was attacking Konoha and killing people.

3) I have thought that the power itself would be a Genjutsu to talk some sense into Sasuke. However, recent events made me realize that the only way Naruto and Sasuke talk is with their fists.

4) There is also the possibility that The gift isn't meant for Sasuke at all. It could be meant for Madara. Itachi could have recognized that Naruto is good enough to fight with Sasuke without any help.

5) There is the off chance that the gift could be a means to prevent a Sharingan from controlling the Kyuubi inside Naruto...thus getting the best of Sasuke and Madara with one move.
this makes sense!

My DeviantArt:
Spoiler:

Old 03-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #32
Hozuki Suigetsu
Chunin Exam Participant

I have a feeling the kyuubi will kill Madara somehow...

Every moment, thank God.

[U]
Old 03-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #33
kitsune no naruto
Academy Graduate

kitsune no naruto is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri View Post
Originally Posted by zerosameri
If it's a talking to Sasuke why bother calling a power and telling Naruto not to use it. And if it's a sharingan how that is possible to give anyone the Sharingan throws a crow in the mouth? Are you saying that because of what Nagato did if the Path of Pains? And if it is a sharingan why say not to use it?

* It's one of Itachi's powers that we have/haven’t seen yet
* It's a power
* And Naruto was told not to use it if he can help it

So Talking to Sasuke is out of the question and having the Sharingan is out of the question too, unless it will do so major damage to Naruto or someone/something.
the basis of your theory is flawed.
in the manga itachi said "some of my chackra" not power therfor it could be used for any jutsu
and as far as not useing it goes. maybe it can only be used once and he doesn't want it wasted.
although i do agree with you. itachi would have known that a talking to would be useless and the sharingan is a bloodline so more than just a chackra exchange would be needed.
and the reningan is not a bloodline: nagato's parents never had it.
it is a chackra type like with the 1st hokage's wood style jutsu's

Last edited by kitsune no naruto; 03-16-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #34
sasuke uchia
Apprentice Genin

sasuke uchia is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

maybe the power itachi gave him is his preachyness? XD just kidding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine-TailedSage_Naruto View Post
Itachi's gift IS a power...but that Power is in the form of a message..
ok here's my theory :

Itachi possibly gave naruto a pretty powerful genjutsu attack..that genjutsu would have to be strong enough to keep sasuke locked in it till it was over(cause there is a chance sasuke might not want to hear it and try to escape) ...and that genjutsu would have to be especially made by itachi for sasuke..maby Itachi might reveal some hidden truth about the uchiha massacre that he could never tell sasuke while he was alive..and that truth might make sasuke see the light again... obviously it would have to be something really convincing for that to happen..but i think itachi would have already had that in mind while making the genjutsu(message)...
Furthermore, the only way that the power(genjutsu) would get activated is upon seeing sasuke's sharingan. Obviously the only reason that sasuke would be using the sharingan on naruto would be because he has been influenced by madara and that he has turned bad..so it would make sense for itachi to "programme" the power that way..

Proof(up until now) to support my theory :
1. The power did not get activated during naruto and sasuke's recent encouter...reason? Sasuke never used the sharingan on naruto in this encounter..
2. Itachi was a master of genjutsu...his tsukayomi was one of the most powerful genjutsu ever seen...almost impossible to escape out of ( yes i know sasuke did it..but thats only because itachi wanted him too) so it would make sense for him to give naruto a message,in the form of a genjutsu, for sasuke..
3. When naruto got the power Itachi crows(which are a part of illusion) went into naruto...in a way ,when you think about it , Itachi literally gave naruto a PART OF HIS GENJUTSU...
4. We have already seen how good itachi is with moves that get activated upon seeing someone's sharingan...so why not have the same kind of thing for use on sasuke?
maybe, itachi WANTED the amaterasu to go off when he saw madara, knowing he would escape and think itachi's plans are thwarted, when really, his power to destroy madara is inside naruto knowing that he would transfer the amaterasu trap for madara to sasuke when they finally did fight.. itachi seems like guy who would do that.

as this forum is no longer family friendly, or as toma said " if you go anywhere on the internet, damn is the least of your worries" in return of me commenting on his "proper grammar" logo on his siggy because it had a cuss in it. goodbye.

Last edited by sasuke uchia; 03-16-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:06 PM   #35
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune no naruto View Post
the basis of your theory is flawed.
in the manga itachi said "some of my chackra" not power therfor it could be used for any jutsu
and as far as not useing it goes. maybe it can only be used once and he doesn't want it wasted.
although i do agree with you. itachi would have known that a talking to would be useless and the sharingan is a bloodline so more than just a chackra exchange would be needed.
and the reningan is not a bloodline: nagato's parents never had it.
it is a chackra type like with the 1st hokage's wood style jutsu's
No he didn't dude Itachi said *exact word by word*

Quote:
I've transferred some of my power to you. I hope... You never have to use it
If you don't believe me look it up.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:31 PM   #36
kitsune no naruto
Academy Graduate

are you reading the online fan-translations or did you actually go out and get the published manga book like i did? because chackra is also a word for inner power. completely different use of the word but still an understandable mistake.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #37
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

Quote:
are you reading the online fan-translations or did you actually go out and get the published manga book like i did? because chackra is also a word for inner power. completely different use of the word but still an understandable mistake.
What book are you reading from (ie book 47, 54?)? because I got my Itachi quote from the Naruto Shippuden book.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #38
NAGATO_PAIN
Genin

NAGATO_PAIN has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari kunn saifan View Post
rip itachi uchiha x.x
agreed
Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #39
kitsune no naruto
Academy Graduate

huh. really? thats odd becuse my copy of the naruto manga book never mentions shippuden as that is the title of the anime and was never adopted into the manga's title of course you might just have a different version than i do.
witch publisher did you have?
mine was the sanfrancisco one.

Last edited by kitsune no naruto; 03-16-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #40
Hozuki Suigetsu
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
huh. really? thats odd becuse my copy of the naruto manga book never mentions shippuden as that is the title of the anime and was never adopted into the manga's title of course you might just have a different version than i do.
witch publisher did you have?
Does it really matter...

All I know is that in Volume 44, Chapter 403, a raven or crow w/ a sharingan flies into Narutos Mouth. Itachi gave part of his power to Naruto. Anti-Sharingan or something... I don't know

Every moment, thank God.

[U]

Last edited by Hozuki Suigetsu; 03-16-2010 at 06:32 PM.