Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Itachi's gift = power

I don't know where people are getting at the Itachi's gift is a talking to Sasuke

Itachi said power not a talking to Sasuke.

Itachi said

Quote:
I transferred some of my power to you. I hope you never have to use it.
If it's a talking to Sasuke why bother calling a power and telling Naruto not to use it.

And if it's a sharingan how that is possible to give anyone the Sharingan throws a crow in the mouth? Are you saying that because of what Nagato did if the Path of Pains? And if it is a sharingan why say not to use it?

You guys have to consider that

• It's one of Itachi's powers that we have/haven’t seen yet
  • It's a power
  • And Naruto was told not to use it if he can help it

So Talking to Sasuke is out of the question and having the Sharingan is out of the question too, unless it will do so major damage to Naruto or someone/something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Itachi's gift = power

While I do agree that it is most likely some sort of power. I disagree that the power itself is bad or dangerous. I take the "I hope you don't have to use it" to mean Itachi doesn't want Sasuke to become someone that Naruto needs to use this power. This is of course the reason some people think it's Itachi talking because that would work with what Itachi said.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
Mari Kunn Saifan
Genin

Mari Kunn Saifan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

RIP ITACHI UCHIHA x.X
Old 03-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
Hozuki Suigetsu
Chunin Exam Participant

Hozuki Suigetsu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It is a power! I wouldn't be suprised if it was some legendary Jutsu or weapon like the sword his Susanoo used. Itachi has many secrets.

Heck, Naruto could learn the Reaper Death Seal (since his Father used it...) on Sasuke.
Spoiler:
Then Naruto would be right! they would both die!

Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.

[U]

Last edited by Hozuki Suigetsu; 03-13-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
X__Sasuke__X
Special Jonin Candidate

X__Sasuke__X saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

He may have meant "I hope you'll never have to use my power to talk to Sasuke to knock some sense into him." Though. That's always a posibility! :3
~*~
The city looks so pretty do you wanna burn it with me till the skies bleed ashes, and the f*cking sky crashes!!

I pledge alligance to the mask. To carry wiskey in my flask. And anyone to diss H U. I'll leave a bloody mess of you. For we are family you and I. 3 Tears for you we all shall cry. All day and night our flags will fly. The Undead Army till the day we die.

...From the sky lines on top of the world

Old 03-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #6
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by X__Sasuke__X View Post
He may have meant "I hope you'll never have to use my power to talk to Sasuke to knock some sense into him." Though. That's always a posibility! :3
But talking isn't a power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozuki Suigetsu View Post
It is a power! I wouldn't be suprised if it was some legendary Jutsu or weapon like the sword his Susanoo used. Itachi has many secrets.

Heck, Naruto could learn the Reaper Death Seal (since his Father used it...) on Sasuke.
Spoiler:
Then Naruto would be right! they would both die!
I've hurd some some awesome thoeys about what Itachi guft maybe. FFFFF they even had truck lods of proff to back it up too

One of the have something to do with Naruto and swords
One of them about a fox and a craw

Yea but Naruto can't get close enough to Sasuke to use that Jutsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari Kunn Saifan View Post
RIP ITACHI UCHIHA x.X
Spam?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
While I do agree that it is most likely some sort of power. I disagree that the power itself is bad or dangerous. I take the "I hope you don't have to use it" to mean Itachi doesn't want Sasuke to become someone that Naruto needs to use this power. This is of course the reason some people think it's Itachi talking because that would work with what Itachi said.
HOw can people dissagree thats it's a power anyways. Itachi him self said it's a power.

Itachi though that Sasuke would go good after Sasuke kill him. Itachi also knew Madara would try to go after Sasuke and show him his Sharingan.
But Itachi never though that Madara would live after Sasuke seeing his Sharingan. Therefor why would Itachi give Naruto a gift that might be meant to stop Sasuke.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:48 PM   #7
Nine-TailedSage_Naruto
Chunin

Nine-TailedSage_Naruto is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Itachi's gift IS a power...but that Power is in the form of a message..
ok here's my theory :

Itachi possibly gave naruto a pretty powerful genjutsu attack..that genjutsu would have to be strong enough to keep sasuke locked in it till it was over(cause there is a chance sasuke might not want to hear it and try to escape) ...and that genjutsu would have to be especially made by itachi for sasuke..maby Itachi might reveal some hidden truth about the uchiha massacre that he could never tell sasuke while he was alive..and that truth might make sasuke see the light again... obviously it would have to be something really convincing for that to happen..but i think itachi would have already had that in mind while making the genjutsu(message)...
Furthermore, the only way that the power(genjutsu) would get activated is upon seeing sasuke's sharingan. Obviously the only reason that sasuke would be using the sharingan on naruto would be because he has been influenced by madara and that he has turned bad..so it would make sense for itachi to "programme" the power that way..

Proof(up until now) to support my theory :
1. The power did not get activated during naruto and sasuke's recent encouter...reason? Sasuke never used the sharingan on naruto in this encounter..
2. Itachi was a master of genjutsu...his tsukayomi was one of the most powerful genjutsu ever seen...almost impossible to escape out of ( yes i know sasuke did it..but thats only because itachi wanted him too) so it would make sense for him to give naruto a message,in the form of a genjutsu, for sasuke..
3. When naruto got the power Itachi crows(which are a part of illusion) went into naruto...in a way ,when you think about it , Itachi literally gave naruto a PART OF HIS GENJUTSU...
4. We have already seen how good itachi is with moves that get activated upon seeing someone's sharingan...so why not have the same kind of thing for use on sasuke?

Last edited by Nine-TailedSage_Naruto; 03-13-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #8
junchurikioftheleaf
Lonely Murkrow

junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri View Post

I've hurd some some awesome thoeys about what Itachi guft maybe. FFFFF they even had truck lods of proff to back it up too

Spam?

HOw can people dissagree thats it's a power anyways. Itachi him self said it's a power.

Itachi though that Sasuke would go good after Sasuke kill him. Itachi also knew Madara would try to go after Sasuke and show him his Sharingan.
But Itachi never though that Madara would live after Sasuke seeing his Sharingan. Therefor why would Itachi give Naruto a gift that might be meant to stop Sasuke.
the power could be a failsafe set by itachi incase his plan didnt work what exactly its suppost to do i got no idea on
espada #0 of the escudo arrancar
I am the wayward espada, the embodiment of madness

Quote:
You sound Like a child.

And you're calling Jun an amateur? JUN of all people? The Jun who could possibly solo everyone? and YES,he can destroy you
for once someone gets it right
Old 03-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #9
toad
Chunin Exam Proctor

toad is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i believe that itachi planned that sasuke might not turn good after their battle and would just travel further into the dark, so maybe he knew naruto was the only way he could save him, and if all else fails with naruto, he wiould use the "gift" on sasuke
Toad's already a villain's name
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by toad
i like that ur thing says great toad sage! the toads rule!! lol
Toads unite!!

Old 03-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #10
Mari Kunn Saifan
Genin

Mari Kunn Saifan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:

Spam?

Not spam. But anyway I don't know what itachi's gift was.???
Old 03-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #11
natsumiuchiha16
Special Jonin Candidate

natsumiuchiha16 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i already read the latest chapter and i think itachi gave him a speacial power to defeat sasuke but itachi doesn't want naruto to us that power cause he thinks that naruto and put some sense into sasuke but if that doesn't work naruto can use the power that itachi gave him as a last resort

my demon form

my theme

the love of my forum life flamey234
Old 03-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #12
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
i believe that itachi planned that sasuke might not turn good after their battle and would just travel further into the dark, so maybe he knew naruto was the only way he could save him, and if all else fails with naruto, he wiould use the "gift" on sasuke
Itachi never would of Though Sasuke would of just gotten darker and more evil.

Itachi did know that Naruto is the biggest impact on Sasuke life. And that Sasuke only listen to Naruto the most even though it doesn't seem like it.

But either way I don't thing it's a talk for Sasuke
Quote:
Originally Posted by junchurikioftheleaf View Post
the power could be a failsafe set by itachi incase his plan didnt work what exactly its suppost to do i got no idea on
Itachi's 1st failesafe plane failed. So Naruto seems to be his 2nd failsafe plan. So fair it's been failing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine-TailedSage_Naruto View Post
Itachi's gift IS a power...but that Power is in the form of a message..
ok here's my theory :

Itachi possibly gave naruto a pretty powerful genjutsu attack..that genjutsu would have to be strong enough to keep sasuke locked in it till it was over(cause there is a chance sasuke might not want to hear it and try to escape) ...and that genjutsu would have to be especially made by itachi for sasuke..maby Itachi might reveal some hidden truth about the uchiha massacre that he could never tell sasuke while he was alive..and that truth might make sasuke see the light again... obviously it would have to be something really convincing for that to happen..but i think itachi would have already had that in mind while making the genjutsu(message)...
Furthermore, the only way that the power(genjutsu) would get activated is upon seeing sasuke's sharingan. Obviously the only reason that sasuke would be using the sharingan on naruto would be because he has been influenced by madara and that he has turned bad..so it would make sense for itachi to "programme" the power that way..

Proof(up until now) to support my theory :
1. The power did not get activated during naruto and sasuke's recent encouter...reason? Sasuke never used the sharingan on naruto in this encounter..
2. Itachi was a master of genjutsu...his tsukayomi was one of the most powerful genjutsu ever seen...almost impossible to escape out of ( yes i know sasuke did it..but thats only because itachi wanted him too) so it would make sense for him to give naruto a message,in the form of a genjutsu, for sasuke..
3. When naruto got the power Itachi crows(which are a part of illusion) went into naruto...in a way ,when you think about it , Itachi literally gave naruto a PART OF HIS GENJUTSU...
4. We have already seen how good itachi is with moves that get activated upon seeing someone's sharingan...so why not have the same kind of thing for use on sasuke?
  1. I though Sasuke and Naruto had encounter wail Sasuke had his sharingan actived.
  2. That works because it's still a power... But then why tell Naruto not to use it? If Itachi new that Sasuke would get this bad or even had hunch that Sasuke may end up like this he'll tell Naruto to use it. But he didn't
  3. Yea thats true when you think about it. But we seen all Itachi has to do to 'give' some of his power is: Touch someon on the forthead, give someone some of his chakra, or throw a crow. And every way did a differnt thing. The only one what don't know what it can do is the Crow. But I'm still leney twordsit's not a genjutsu.
  4. I guess that might work. But what if Sasuke is getting the Rinnegan, it would be pointless if that power activeting by seeing Sasuke Sharingan, because Sasuke will no longer have it.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:41 PM   #13
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by natsumiuchiha16 View Post
i already read the latest chapter and i think itachi gave him a speacial power to defeat sasuke but itachi doesn't want naruto to us that power cause he thinks that naruto and put some sense into sasuke but if that doesn't work naruto can use the power that itachi gave him as a last resort
Itachi never had though that Sasuke would end like he is. So then how can the gift be ment to kick some seens in to Sasuke? I mean thats a good thing do why say "don't use this"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari Kunn Saifan View Post
Not spam. But anyway I don't know what itachi's gift was.???
Then post farming because 'RIP Itachi" had nothing to do with this thread.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:19 AM   #14
SasukeFallen
Chunin Exam Participant

SasukeFallen is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Spoiler:
Or maybe whatever it is, it could cause both of them to die. Recent chapter stated that Naruto plans that if he can't save Sasuke, then they'll both die when they meet again. Itachi may have asked Naruto if he could kill Sasuke if he went bad, but I think Itachi knew that he never could. IMO, it's possable that the whole Itachi thing, him giving Naruto that power, was a set up for this(The both dying thing). We didn't know at that time that Itachi was a good guy, but if the 'gift' he gave did something like that, it would explain why he cared so much about Naruto not using it. It's possable that he too thought it was better that Saskue was dead, saved from himself rather then living in that darkness and this was his fail safe plan. Idk, this was sort of opiphany type theory that I havn't looked into to confirm, but rather deduced by looking at it from a differnt angle.

*If you happen to rep me, leave your name, so I know who to give back to.

',,,,,
'(o ) Tobi is a good boy!
/_!_\ put this in you sig if you love tobi ^__^

',,,,,
(/-) I IZ 6th HOKAGE!(RAWR!)
/-|\ put this in your sig if you Hate Danzo
Old 03-14-2010, 12:23 AM   #15
Camoka90
Ninja Academy Student

Camoka90 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It would be really cool if Naruto could learn to use kage bunshin explosion but i doubt Itachi can pass on this power.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:23 AM   #16
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camoka90 View Post
It would be really cool if Naruto could learn to use kage bunshin explosion but i doubt Itachi can pass on this power.
FFFFFFFFFFF that would be so cool. But then wouldn't Naruto gets hurt too in the prosses seen everything his clones feels and knows get transfer back to him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasukeFallen View Post
Spoiler:
Or maybe whatever it is, it could cause both of them to die. Recent chapter stated that Naruto plans that if he can't save Sasuke, then they'll both die when they meet again. Itachi may have asked Naruto if he could kill Sasuke if he went bad, but I think Itachi knew that he never could. IMO, it's possable that the whole Itachi thing, him giving Naruto that power, was a set up for this(The both dying thing). We didn't know at that time that Itachi was a good guy, but if the 'gift' he gave did something like that, it would explain why he cared so much about Naruto not using it. It's possable that he too thought it was better that Saskue was dead, saved from himself rather then living in that darkness and this was his fail safe plan. Idk, this was sort of opiphany type theory that I havn't looked into to confirm, but rather deduced by looking at it from a differnt angle.
You know what. I could go for this, because seen Itachi said it's a power and not to use it. I think it involes death, or some type of huge damage, to someone or something. That said Itachi's power he gave Naruto will do damage or kill someone, most likly Naruto.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:13 AM   #17
Camoka90
Ninja Academy Student

Camoka90 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
FFFFFFFFFFF that would be so cool. But then wouldn't Naruto gets hurt too in the prosses seen everything his clones feels and knows get transfer back to him?
No actually clones only transfer the experience they got from combat or training. The clone explosion wouldn't hurt Naruto because Itachi used it against Kakashi and he didn't feel any side effects from it.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #18
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camoka90 View Post
No actually clones only transfer the experience they got from combat or training. The clone explosion wouldn't hurt Naruto because Itachi used it against Kakashi and he didn't feel any side effects from it.
Ah ok.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #19
valtreck
Genin

valtreck is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to valtreck Send a message via Skype™ to valtreck

it might be power which counters mangekyou sharingan.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:19 AM   #20
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by valtreck View Post
it might be power which counters mangekyou sharingan.
impossoble. Adn even so why bother calling it a power and telling Naruto not to use it?