Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

View Poll Results: Who would win between the Nara Clan and the Yamanaka Clan?
Nara Clan 52 77.61%
Yamanaka Clan 4 5.97%
Tie 11 16.42%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
The Anbu's Fiery Rose
Chunin

The Anbu's Fiery Rose is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Nara Clan vs. Yamanaka Clan

Honestly, I would think the Nara clan would win because of their tie with medicine and especially, Shikamaru. His strategies would probably be the end right there, but what if you didn't include Shikamaru and his dad or Ino and her father? Just a battle between Nara and Yamanaka.

Nara clan has Possession jutsu and medicine...
Yamanaka clan has...Well, flowers and mind manipulation.

Any ideas who would win? I honestly have no idea because basically, it seems it would be down to basic techniques. Possession jutsu and mind manipulation basically render the user helpless so...Wow, that would be a long, drawn-out fight.

EDIT: I take that back. I remember Shikamaru being able to strangle opponents and other such things as that. I assume the other Nara clan members, or at least some of them, have these techniques. I don't remember if Yamanaka clan are able to do much else though.

Last edited by The Anbu's Fiery Rose; 06-07-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Remembered something.
The Anbu's Fiery Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Nara Clan vs. Yamanaka Clan

The Nara clan could win with Shika and his dad's planning abilities. Or the Yamanakas could do some wacky stuff with mind manipulation and poisonous flowers, we haven't seen them do a lot yet so I don't know how many good jutsu they have. It would probably be a tie from what Kishi has shown about the two clans in the manga.
Kuromaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:49 AM   #3
The Anbu's Fiery Rose
Chunin

The Anbu's Fiery Rose is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuromaki View Post
The Nara clan could win with Shika and his dad's planning abilities. Or the Yamanakas could do some wacky stuff with mind manipulation and poisonous flowers, we haven't seen them do a lot yet so I don't know how many good jutsu they have. It would probably be a tie from what Kishi has shown about the two clans in the manga.
Yeah, I wish they would especially show more about those two clans. All we ever hear about is Uchiha, Uchiha, Uchiha lol. That doesn't bother me really though since Uchiha is one of my favorite clans. But still, Kishimoto needs to focus on other clans once in a while and give a bit of history on them so fans who like those clan members can get more out of the manga.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:55 AM   #4
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

well, i would say the nara's because the yamanaka need a target that isnt moving to hit them with their mind transfer, but with mind destruction, you dont, besides, the nara clan has more techniques, they have like 6 techniques to do with shadows (probably more but i cant remember them) and yamanaka has 1 mind technique that is used to fight, 1 that is used to spy, several to read minds when the enemy is incapacitated, and then the rest are flowers that they throw and such, which could be beaten with a simple possesion jutsu and kunai to the face

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
The Anbu's Fiery Rose
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Tasogare View Post
well, i would say the nara's because the yamanaka need a target that isnt moving to hit them with their mind transfer, but with mind destruction, you dont, besides, the nara clan has more techniques, they have like 6 techniques to do with shadows (probably more but i cant remember them) and yamanaka has 1 mind technique that is used to fight, 1 that is used to spy, several to read minds when the enemy is incapacitated, and then the rest are flowers that they throw and such, which could be beaten with a simple possesion jutsu and kunai to the face
"...beaten with a simple possession jutsu and a kunai to the face" That sentence made me laugh so hard. XD Fricken hilarious. Yeah, and even if the Nara clan didn't have Shikamaru or his dad, they still had a fairly good chance of winning. The shadow possession jutsus they possess are definitely more effective in damage when compared to the Yamanaka's mind techniques. The battle might be unfair technique-wise as well as healing-wise since the Nara clan has those medical resources. As far as we know, the Yamanka clan really has nothing to heal them or protect them. Yamanaka clan isn't really for fighting, more for interrogation and spying. Nara clan could definitely hold up a pretty good fight.
Spoiler:

We saw this when Shikamaru went up against Hidan. But when Ino went up against Kakuzu, there wasn't much she could really do...
Old 06-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
kakashi842
Chunin Exam Proctor

kakashi842 has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.
Send a message via AIM to kakashi842

remember ino's dad has a jutsu that he can read peoples mind and also we really dont know what kind of jutsu's they have
kakashi842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via AIM to Kisame

Probably the Nara clan.

Shikamaru and his Dad have been shown to be extremely smart. From that we could assume the other clan members have above average intellegence. Ino's clan hasn't shown to be all that powerful. Ino was useless in pretty much all fight. Her dad who appears to be the strongest is overashadowed by Shikamaru's dad, Shikaku. Shikaku was in the voting for the new Kage so he's probably stronger then other jonin. I'd say Nara but it's hard to tell with the clan's lack of screen time.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #8
Life AKA Death
Veteran Chunin

Life AKA Death is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Life AKA Death

tie..
This dark despair this breathless pain grows great and tall these severe marks it leaves on me i try to hope tht it will leave me in piece but it flows through my blood and destroys the only happiness that barely runs in my veins i feel this evil conquering me i wish to fight but in the end joy dies

NARUTO(me) JIRAIYA(itachiuchia85) relation
BROS:KaiokenX5 Karo, Lou!e, yuukimaru
SIS:KIBAFAN321,Yoruichi,darkdemonofthemist 2hyper4uAKASloth, LaGueraUchiha
Life AKA Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #9
The Anbu's Fiery Rose
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisame View Post
Probably the Nara clan.

Shikamaru and his Dad have been shown to be extremely smart. From that we could assume the other clan members have above average intellegence. Ino's clan hasn't shown to be all that powerful. Ino was useless in pretty much all fight. Her dad who appears to be the strongest is overashadowed by Shikamaru's dad, Shikaku. Shikaku was in the voting for the new Kage so he's probably stronger then other jonin. I'd say Nara but it's hard to tell with the clan's lack of screen time.
Lack of screen time always makes it so these hypothetical battles are made just short of somewhat real.

But I'm starting to agree with the idea that the Nara clan would win. We can definitely tell that Shikaku is greatly respected amongst his fellow jounin and higher ranked shinobi since he was allowed to vote for the 6th Kage. I don't even believe Ino's father was present at that meeting. If Shikaku was at this meeting, then that must mean the Nara clan has more power when it comes to the political situations than the Yamanaka clan. I don't know if that's just because of intelligence, power, or what though. Quite honestly, I didn't think he'd be there, but of course, Kishimoto loves to put in those little twists into the story. That's definitely keeping reader's on their toes.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #10
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to Konoha'sGreenThunder

Quote:
Probably the Nara clan.

Agreed.

I wondered why Kakashi wasn't at the meeting..
Old 06-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konoha'sGreenThunder View Post
Agreed.

I wondered why Kakashi wasn't at the meeting..

Wasn't he busy bringing Naruto back to the village while the meeting was taking place?
Old 06-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #12
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Wasn't he busy bringing Naruto back to the village while the meeting was taking place?
Well, I thought they'd gotten back by then because wasn't everyone greeting Naruto while someone came and got Shikaku for the meeting? Hm.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #13
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konoha'sGreenThunder View Post
Well, I thought they'd gotten back by then because wasn't everyone greeting Naruto while someone came and got Shikaku for the meeting? Hm.

Oh yeah, now I remember that did happen. Who knows, maybe they wanted Kakashi to stay with Naruto or he doesn't usually participate in those kinds of meetings.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #14
The Anbu's Fiery Rose
Chunin

Quote:
Oh yeah, now I remember that did happen. Who knows, maybe they wanted Kakashi to stay with Naruto or he doesn't usually participate in those kinds of meetings.
I just wonder if Kakashi would rather avoid those kind of meetings. Do you think he knew he was a possibility for Hokage?

Oh, and who do you think is more respected -- Kakashi or Shikaku? Honestly, I would think Kakashi, but that's just because he was a choice for Hokage. Not to mention he was the "Great White Fang's" (I hope that's the correct title for his dad) son and was a student of the 4th Hokage.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #15
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Honestly, I'd say Kakashi because about everyone he fights seems to know who he is. Although, I can't be sure, because we've seen Shikaku in what, one fight? Even that was just a small clip of him killing some sound ninja. (I don't remember seeing him in any others.) Anyway, I'm saying I don't think Shikaku has enough screen time for us to really tell, but it's probably Kakashi.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #16
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anbu's Fiery Rose View Post
I just wonder if Kakashi would rather avoid those kind of meetings. Do you think he knew he was a possibility for Hokage?

Oh, and who do you think is more respected -- Kakashi or Shikaku? Honestly, I would think Kakashi, but that's just because he was a choice for Hokage. Not to mention he was the "Great White Fang's" (I hope that's the correct title for his dad) son and was a student of the 4th Hokage.

Kakashi does seem like the type to not like to go to those serious meetings and I guess he at least suspected it. Besides Tsunade he seems to be the 3rd strongest person in the village and is famous in other villages, so he'd get taken seriously.

Probably Kakashi. He's the son of someone said to be the equal of the sanin, student of one of the most powerful Hokages, and his name is in everyone bingo book, or at least I recall Zabuza saying something like that. Plus evey person who's fought him knew his name and even Pain was honored to fight him.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #17
The Anbu's Fiery Rose
Chunin

Quote:
Kakashi does seem like the type to not like to go to those serious meetings and I guess he at least suspected it. Besides Tsunade he seems to be the 3rd strongest person in the village and is famous in other villages, so he'd get taken seriously.

Probably Kakashi. He's the son of someone said to be the equal of the sanin, student of one of the most powerful Hokages, and his name is in everyone bingo book, or at least I recall Zabuza saying something like that. Plus evey person who's fought him knew his name and even Pain was honored to fight him.
I don't believe it's just Kakashi's desire to avoid meetings. I think it was more of wanting to see his students, especially Naruto. He probably wanted to make sure they were still alive and well after the battle. To Kakashi, it seems, his students are far more important than the position of Hokage. But due to Kakashi's intelligence, you can probably guess that he knew his name would be entered into that vote. He doesn't seem like someone who would want that position anyhow. I think he would prefer Naruto to have it when he's mature enough since Kakashi seems to believe in Naruto's dream as well.

Wow, with all that said, it makes Shikaku look not as respected at all, really. The only thing that I remember anyone ever mentioning about him is Tsunade, who commented about their great resources for medical supplies. Other than that, I've heard nothing but about the generation trio: InoShikaCho. Compared to Kakashi's record, it seems almost insignificant. Of course, we know it's not because every character in Naruto plays some part, no matter how small.

Obviously, Kishimoto's purpose for Shikaku was to show that more people trust Kakashi than Danzou. (Other than that, to teach Shikamaru the clan's techniques and share fatherly wisdom.) We all know that Danzou is planning something, heck, it's obvious. But because of Danzou's persuasion skills, it didn't really matter what Shikaku said, did it?
Old 06-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #18
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Quote:
I don't believe it's just Kakashi's desire to avoid meetings. I think it was more of wanting to see his students, especially Naruto. He probably wanted to make sure they were still alive and well after the battle. To Kakashi, it seems, his students are far more important than the position of Hokage. But due to Kakashi's intelligence, you can probably guess that he knew his name would be entered into that vote. He doesn't seem like someone who would want that position anyhow. I think he would prefer Naruto to have it when he's mature enough since Kakashi seems to believe in Naruto's dream as well.

Wow, with all that said, it makes Shikaku look not as respected at all, really. The only thing that I remember anyone ever mentioning about him is Tsunade, who commented about their great resources for medical supplies. Other than that, I've heard nothing but about the generation trio: InoShikaCho. Compared to Kakashi's record, it seems almost insignificant. Of course, we know it's not because every character in Naruto plays some part, no matter how small.

Obviously, Kishimoto's purpose for Shikaku was to show that more people trust Kakashi than Danzou. (Other than that, to teach Shikamaru the clan's techniques and share fatherly wisdom.) We all know that Danzou is planning something, heck, it's obvious. But because of Danzou's persuasion skills, it didn't really matter what Shikaku said, did it?

Yeah, his students seem a lot more precious to him then titles, but it did seem strange he wasn't there. They should've beed fine due to Nagato's Gedou Rinne Tensei. There's always the option he wasn't there due to plot purposes since it seems he could've stopped Danzou from becoming Hokage, but the him wanting to be with his students seems like the most viable option right now, maybe it will be elaborated upon during later chapters.

Well Kakashi makes a lot of characters look as respected due to his huge accomplishments, but it's also due to Shikaku and many characters not having as much screen time. If he was given more he'd probably seem a lot more respectable.

Yeah that does seem like Shikaku's role along with making Danzou's take over not seem as simple. Shikaku also seems to have been chosen for that role since Kishi's favorite character is Shikamaru, so he'd probably use his dad. Maybe Shikaku will make an objection next chapter, for him not too would make it seem rushed writing.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #19
The Anbu's Fiery Rose
Chunin

Quote:
Yeah, his students seem a lot more precious to him then titles, but it did seem strange he wasn't there. They should've beed fine due to Nagato's Gedou Rinne Tensei. There's always the option he wasn't there due to plot purposes since it seems he could've stopped Danzou from becoming Hokage, but the him wanting to be with his students seems like the most viable option right now, maybe it will be elaborated upon during later chapters.

Well Kakashi makes a lot of characters look as respected due to his huge accomplishments, but it's also due to Shikaku and many characters not having as much screen time. If he was given more he'd probably seem a lot more respectable.

Yeah that does seem like Shikaku's role along with making Danzou's take over not seem as simple. Shikaku also seems to have been chosen for that role since Kishi's favorite character is Shikamaru, so he'd probably use his dad. Maybe Shikaku will make an objection next chapter, for him not too would make it seem rushed writing.
I should hope so that it will be elaborated in later chapters. It wouldn't make as much sense otherwise. It would also probably reveal Kakashi's thoughts or perhaps, something he had planned for the purpose of the Hokage vote. I'm sure he has something planned. It isn't like Kakashi to move forward without one, even with his students importance still being the greater option. I'm starting to think he has a great idea of what is going on, but he might want to stay on the down-low for the purpose of another plot twist or revealing Danzou's future plans.

Yeah, screen time definitely shows the character's personalities and accomplishments more than anything else, I would think. However, I also think Shikaku would support Kakashi not just because he is greatly respected. Probably because they have similiar ideals or beliefs, maybe even were something along the lines of "friends". That may be going a bit too far, but it's still a possibility too.

Well, Kishimoto seems to know how to rush chapters these days. It explains chapter 449 and 450. By then, though, I had expected the battles and arguments to be shorter. I'm sure when it's animated though it will seem longer. I didn't know that Shikamaru was Kishi's favorite character, but I'm sure his dad then is somewhere in his top favorite's list. Shikaku has great purpose, no doubt. I would like to see more of him since he has a complex character since he seems to know more than he lets on. I'm sure he knows what he's doing. I would hope he would object more, but it seems that the title problem has been sewn up fairly decently. Danzou would have none of it, I'm sure.

Wow, this is a great discussion.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #20
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Quote:
I should hope so that it will be elaborated in later chapters. It wouldn't make as much sense otherwise. It would also probably reveal Kakashi's thoughts or perhaps, something he had planned for the purpose of the Hokage vote. I'm sure he has something planned. It isn't like Kakashi to move forward without one, even with his students importance still being the greater option. I'm starting to think he has a great idea of what is going on, but he might want to stay on the down-low for the purpose of another plot twist or revealing Danzou's future plans.

Yeah, screen time definitely shows the character's personalities and accomplishments more than anything else, I would think. However, I also think Shikaku would support Kakashi not just because he is greatly respected. Probably because they have similiar ideals or beliefs, maybe even were something along the lines of "friends". That may be going a bit too far, but it's still a possibility too.

Well, Kishimoto seems to know how to rush chapters these days. It explains chapter 449 and 450. By then, though, I had expected the battles and arguments to be shorter. I'm sure when it's animated though it will seem longer. I didn't know that Shikamaru was Kishi's favorite character, but I'm sure his dad then is somewhere in his top favorite's list. Shikaku has great purpose, no doubt. I would like to see more of him since he has a complex character since he seems to know more than he lets on. I'm sure he knows what he's doing. I would hope he would object more, but it seems that the title problem has been sewn up fairly decently. Danzou would have none of it, I'm sure.

Wow, this is a great discussion.
Yeah, I just hope it won't be elaborated upon like 300 chapter later like Itachi and Kisame coming to Konoha at that time even though they still couldn't capture Naruto. Yeah Kakashi isn't the type of guy who doesn't have a plan. Yamato knew od Danzou's desire to rule Konoha so Kakashi probably has his own suspisions as well. Right now he might have an idea at what he's attempting, so maybe in later chapters he'll reveal a plan to prevent it, but I think Danzou will stay Hokage anyways. Danzou becoming Hokage seems like it's been ste up, so when Sasuke comes to destroy Konoha he won't be fighting the good guys, but Danzou who's considered a bad guy which will make way for his redemption.

Them having similiar ideals seems like a given, them coming from Konha and believing in thw will of fire and all. It wouldn't be too far fetched to believe they were friends. They might have even been ANBU buddies back in the day. It was revealed Choza was one of Kakashi's ANBU teammate.

Yeah, 449 and 450 were rushed. Nagato's redemption was too sudden for a guy who spent his whole life trying to bring peace to the world. I'msure the anime will lenghten it, they like to bring in some filler scenes and they will probably want to make it more believeable. They do have a lot of possibilities for fillers in that arc, like the rookies unfinished fights. Yeah, Shikamaru is his current favorite. First it was Sasuke, then Naruto, and it's currently Shikamaru. Maybe becuase of that his dad will play a bigger role. Shikaku does seem to know more than he lets on, he even knew about Sage Mode while other people seem ignorant about it. If he does object Danzou does seem he'll have a counter argument.

Yeah, it's been a pretty good discussion.

Tags
battle, clans, jutsu, nara, yamanaka