Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 02-26-2010, 03:09 AM   #1
Silver Fang
Apprentice Genin

Silver Fang is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Who had it worse?

Kakashi & Sasuke were very similar at age 13. They both had pretty messed up childhoods, so I want to ask, who do you think had it worse? And which one was more distant & hard with their team?
Silver Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:41 AM   #2
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Who had it worse?

sasuke had it so hard he has gone mad...
Shkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
Shinobi killer
Special Jonin Candidate

Shinobi killer is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Well, that's da truth...
Shinobi killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
VampireCat
Special Jonin Candidate

VampireCat has completed a tough C-rank mission!VampireCat has completed a tough C-rank mission!VampireCat has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shkin View Post
sasuke had it so hard he has gone mad...
I agree.
VampireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #5
Sasori-sempai
Academy Graduate

Sasori-sempai is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I agree too, poor sasuke.
Sasori-sempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #6
Cobrinha
Apprentice Genin

Cobrinha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori-sempai View Post
I agree too, poor sasuke.
Poor Sasuke??? Itachi had it WAY worse.
Spoiler:
He had to make the toughest decision anyone could possibly make. He had to choose between the two things he loved the most, his clan or his village.
Cobrinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #7
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Sasuke did, but Itachi was the worst...
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #8
kokojojo
Banned

kokojojo is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

yea but isnt this thread about kakashi and sasuke ONLY?
kokojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #9
VampireCat
Special Jonin Candidate

VampireCat has completed a tough C-rank mission!VampireCat has completed a tough C-rank mission!VampireCat has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokojojo View Post
yea but isnt this thread about kakashi and sasuke ONLY?
Yup, we're not talking about Itachi.
VampireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #10
Muffintop
Special Jonin Candidate
Quasi-Admin

Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Kakashi had it bad, but sasuke's was much worse in my opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Muffintop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #11
Cobrinha
Apprentice Genin

Sasuke just made it seem like he had it worse then he really did. He's just a baby.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #12
kokojojo
Banned

are you serious? his whole family and everyone he cared about were killed by the person he loved the most, and that same person pretended to turn against him only to find out later on that that person really loved him all along and did what he could to protect him, but was forced to make a horrible decision by his village. his 'reality' has been turned upside down twice in his short life. you make it seem like he's a child having a tantrum cuz he didnt get a toy
Old 02-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #13
OnyxBlossom
Special Jonin Candidate

OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Sasuke had it way worse; Kakashi found his resolve, but Sasuke has yet to. kakashi's dad did kill himself, but Sasuke entire family was brutally murdered, and he still hasn't gotten over it, while I think Kakashi already has.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OnyxBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #14
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Spoiler:

Differences: Kakashi's dad commited suicide. He wasn't murdered.

Sasuke's dad was.

Kakashi's comrade, Obito, died. Kakashi actually killed the person responsible for Obito's death. Rin died under unkown circumstances.

Sasuke's Father, Mother, Aunt, Uncle, and all of his other relatives and friends in his clan were killed by his own brother. Sasuke got his revenge to find out his brother was forced to do either this or assist in the destruction of the village, so of course he could never get over it. He hunted down his own brother for YEARS, gave up everything he had to kill the guy, and after he does he finds out that his brother had no choice, and it was the Leaf elders who were mostly responsible.

After re-reading some of the old manga chapters, if people hadn't continued to bring up his revenge, such as Gaara (the whole "you have hateful eyes" thing), Orochimaru (the whole "I can get you stronger" thing), and Itachi (the whole "You gotta hate me more dude" thing), he might've turned out allright. It was just that the memory of that ateful night wouldn't stop haunting him once he finally joined Team 7. Orochimaru, Danzo, and Madara have basically taken turns screwing around with Sasuke's life, and it's driven him crazy.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #15
Kakuzu
Special Jonin Candidate

Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakuzu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kakuzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrinha View Post
Sasuke just made it seem like he had it worse then he really did. He's just a baby.
Exactly!

Spoiler:

Quote:
No I think how you almost blew my brain out is pretty cool! I wish I could be that intelligent and say stuff like you just did.

Quote:
wanna know what I love?How when Kakuzu comes right in the middle of our drama in here.
Kakuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #16
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrinha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakuzu111 View Post
Exactly!
Since when is someone a baby for being traumatized with the death of their aunt, uncle, mother, father, and every single relative they had and not getting over it? I've actually read books where people have wanted revenge and it was something that happened to them that wasn't even as bad as what Sasuke went through.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #17
Cobrinha
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
Since when is someone a baby for being traumatized with the death of their aunt, uncle, mother, father, and every single relative they had and not getting over it? I've actually read books where people have wanted revenge and it was something that happened to them that wasn't even as bad as what Sasuke went through.

I never said it wasn't bad. He's just taking it to an unnecessry level. Altough it's good for the readers sake because it makes a good story. The only just killings would be Danzo and the Village elders. Evryone else he kills is just him being a baby. What does the rest of the villagers have to do with anything. Naruto, Kakashi, Sakura and everyone else would never have just slaughtered a clan.

Also keep in mind the Uchiha were going to overthrow Konoha and take control for themselves. I'm sure that plan involved the Uchiha killing plenty of inocent people. Itachi wasn't really forced into doing what he did. He did it because he knew that just as horrible things would happen to a greater number of people.

Wanting revenge against the people DIRECTLY involved in a situation such as Sasukes is very normal and rightfully so. Turning your back on your friends who were more then willing to help you take out (who at the you thought was) your enemy, and wanting to kill them and slaughter an entire village who was completely unaware that your clan was going to get wiped out, is being a baby in my book. For all Sasuke knows, if the rest of the village knew about what Danzo and the elders ordered, they might have lashed out and not allow it to happen (even though the Uchiha wanted to take control of the village, but the rest of the villagers wouldn't have known that).

Look at Kakashi at that age. What happened to him may not have been as bad, but still. His father killed himself because he wouldn't betray his friends, and the rest of the villagers chastised him for it. Kakashi grew up with evryone speaking ill of his father, while Sasuke grew up with everyone praising his family, and he still chose the darkness while Kakashi chose to love his village.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #18
Silver Fang
Apprentice Genin

Silver Fang is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Look at Kakashi at that age. What happened to him may not have been as bad, but still. His father killed himself because he wouldn't betray his friends, and the rest of the villagers chastised him for it. Kakashi grew up with evryone speaking ill of his father, while Sasuke grew up with everyone praising his family, and he still chose the darkness while Kakashi chose to love his village
I agree. Kakashi would've had even more reason to go bad than Sasuke, but he stayed straight.
Silver Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:38 PM   #19
kokojojo
Banned

the difference is that kakashi didnt have people trying to manipulate his mind and push him over the edge to the dark side. the fact that kakashi was promoted to jounin at such a young age shows that he was well respected throughout the village
Old 02-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #20
Jason Uchiha
Chunin Exam Participant

Jason Uchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

whose to say what is worse haveing your family killed by your brother or your dad comiting suicde persnaly i think they would both mess you up really badly

it would have been worse for kakshi if he had ssen his father kill himself now that would mess you up

but to answer the question i guess sasuke because itachi showed him the whole thing
when he used his tsykomui on him