Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

View Poll Results: Itachi vs Sasori
Itachi 9 56.25%
Sasori 7 43.75%
Tie 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Sage Of Six Paths
Special Jonin Candidate

Sage Of Six Paths is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Itachi vs Sasori

Distance: 200 feet apart

Mindset: Holy crap, they are mad.

Area: Where Sasuke fought Deidara

Limitations: There are none...

(Yeah, I know I copied that, oh well...)

I hope nobody made this thread already...

I say Sasori.

Susano'o would take too long

and genjutsu would have no effect...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
ByakuKage
Chunin

Location: Listening to heavy metal in the Hidden Metal Village
ByakuKage is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Itachi vs Sasori

I actually think Itachi would win this one. Even though Susano might take too long, Itachi still has Amaterasu, which is almost instant, as well as Fire Style Ninjutsu. And because the puppets in Naruto are mainly wood, they would burn very quickly
Old 06-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #3
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

I'd say Sasori.

First off, genjutsu is already just about useless on Sasori.

Second, Itachi's only long range is Amaterasu, and Susanoo. Not much for a forest and that much distance.

Third, Sasori WILL use Third Kazekage if he's pissed at Itachi, and Itachi has little to survive against Sasori's onslaught.

Sasori wins.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByakuKage View Post
I actually think Itachi would win this one. Even though Susano might take too long, Itachi still has Amaterasu, which is almost instant, as well as Fire Style Ninjutsu. And because the puppets in Naruto are mainly wood, they would burn very quickly
It's 200 ft apart. Amaterasu and Fire Style attacks won't hit if he can't find his opponent. Plus, Sasori has water. Itachi doesn't. He'll probably kill himself rather than Sasori if he uses fire jutsu in a forest.

Also, where does it say the puppets are made of wood?
Old 06-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
age54321
Apprentice Genin

age54321 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

you people forget that Itachi does not just use Genjutsu, even if it is his strong point. Itachi is very FAST and in my opinion, he'd win hands down.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by age54321 View Post
you people forget that Itachi does not just use Genjutsu, even if it is his strong point. Itachi is very FAST and in my opinion, he'd win hands down.
Itachi's only faster than Sasori by a small bit, and that's not enough to kill Sasori.

Really now, Sasori can switch puppets quite easily to dodge attacks. Plus, he is pretty fast himself.

Itachi will eventually tire from using Mangekyo Sharingan. He's strong, but people overrate him.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
The Anbu's Fiery Rose
Chunin

The Anbu's Fiery Rose is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I just wonder how long the battle would last...If the distance really is that far, then it could last quite a while. Yes, genjutsu doesn't work on Sasori considering he can move from puppet to puppet and etc., but Itachi does have his much stronger jutsu no matter how slow progressing they can be...I don't know, I'd think Itachi would win, but both Akatsuki members are intelligent and strong (mind and physically).

Haha...May I ask how in the heck you made them pissed at each other? :P
Old 06-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to Konoha'sGreenThunder

It'd be a good battle, but I think Itachi would win.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #9
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anbu's Fiery Rose View Post
I just wonder how long the battle would last...If the distance really is that far, then it could last quite a while. Yes, genjutsu doesn't work on Sasori considering he can move from puppet to puppet and etc., but Itachi does have his much stronger jutsu no matter how slow progressing they can be...I don't know, I'd think Itachi would win, but both Akatsuki members are intelligent and strong (mind and physically).

Haha...May I ask how in the heck you made them pissed at each other? :P
Amaterasu would probably kill Itachi first, causing a huge forest fire. Susanoo will be easy to dodge and plain to see for Sasori, while Itachi will still not know where Sasori is.

Itachi would lose by a small inch on a simple Itachi vs Sasori match. However, Sasori has an advantage here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konoha'sGreenThunder View Post
It'd be a good battle, but I think Itachi would win.
How so? He doesn't have anything effective against Sasori.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #10
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to Konoha'sGreenThunder

I'm sure Itachi would be able to get closer to Sasori. From there he could use Amaterasu or whatever else. Plus, I see him as quite a bit faster than Sasori and he has his sharingan which lets him see/predict movements, etc.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #11
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konoha'sGreenThunder View Post
I'm sure Itachi would be able to get closer to Sasori. From there he could use Amaterasu or whatever else. Plus, I see him as quite a bit faster than Sasori and he has his sharingan which lets him see/predict movements, etc.
Sasori can switch puppets if necessary. I'm sure that as a senior Akatsuki member, he is already aware of Itachi's Mangekyo abilities and knows to avoid Amaterasu. The forest fire alone could probably kill Itachi (no, he is NOT invincible to smoke), but if not, Iron Sand can deal with Itachi quite easily.

Faster? Maybe. Speedblitz fast? no. The databook says Itachi has a 5 in speed and Sasori has a 4.5; not a very big difference.

Even if he can predict SOME of Sasori's movements, what will he use to actually KILL him?
Old 06-06-2009, 01:22 AM   #12
Kakashi_Hatake
Genin

Location: my apartment in konoha (the village hidden in the leaves)
Kakashi_Hatake is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Itachi will def win ^,.,^
1 cause i like him best
2 I havent seen shippuden so i dont no the other character

Last edited by Kakashi_Hatake; 06-07-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #13
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi_Hatake View Post
Itachi will def win ^,.,^
I just remembered that Sharingan predicts MUSCLE movement, which Sasori doesn't really have. Isn't that correct?

Wow.......people overrate Itachi.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #14
The Anbu's Fiery Rose
Chunin

The Anbu's Fiery Rose is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee_112713 View Post
I just remembered that Sharingan predicts MUSCLE movement, which Sasori doesn't really have. Isn't that correct?

Wow.......people overrate Itachi.
I can easily agree with this statement. Sadly enough though, we never saw their highest potential because they both died. And even though Itachi lasted longer in the manga, it rarely showed a fight, if any. I do see one problem with Sasori. Yes, he can switch from puppet to puppet, and once again, yes, he doesn't have muscle movement really, but that wouldn't really matter considering Shadow Clone could be used or Fire Jutsu. (Wood vs. Fire is a pretty obvious answer.) Eventually, one would run out of chakra, most likely being Itachi, or Sasori would run out of puppets.

We also have to take into account that Itachi is going blind. That's a major disadvantage. I honestly think if it had to come down to just hand-to-hand, Itachi would probably win. But if it was long-range, Sasori would win, I'm sure.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #15
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori

Sasori.

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #16
seannfma
Special Jonin Candidate

seannfma is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to seannfma

Sasori he cant be affected my Doujutsu.

Close Friends: animelover, shinobi665, 2hyper4u, mangagirl, SakuraGirl

"The ones who didnt do anything are to blame the most"-me

"I made a promise to her, thats the most precious memory I have left!"-Sora-Kingdom hearts
Old 06-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #17
kakashi842
Chunin Exam Proctor

kakashi842 has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.
Send a message via AIM to kakashi842

itachi would kick his butt
Old 06-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #18
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anbu's Fiery Rose
I can easily agree with this statement. Sadly enough though, we never saw their highest potential because they both died. And even though Itachi lasted longer in the manga, it rarely showed a fight, if any. I do see one problem with Sasori. Yes, he can switch from puppet to puppet, and once again, yes, he doesn't have muscle movement really, but that wouldn't really matter considering Shadow Clone could be used or Fire Jutsu. (Wood vs. Fire is a pretty obvious answer.) Eventually, one would run out of chakra, most likely being Itachi, or Sasori would run out of puppets.

We also have to take into account that Itachi is going blind. That's a major disadvantage. I honestly think if it had to come down to just hand-to-hand, Itachi would probably win. But if it was long-range, Sasori would win, I'm sure.

Yeah, I think Itachi's superior in taijutsu. But considering it's 200 ft apart, I'd say Sasori's got this one in the bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi842
itachi would kick his butt
No, genjutsu doesn't work on him, and Sasori could technically dodge the few attacks that would cause trouble for him.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #19
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori

I think people just think Itachi will win because he's itachi.

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #20
kakashi842
Chunin Exam Proctor

kakashi842 has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.
Send a message via AIM to kakashi842

itachi's sharigan would take sasori out

Tags
itachi, sasori