Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
NarutoRulez
Miss Naruto 2009 Runner Up

NarutoRulez has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoRulez has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Should apocalypse predictions be kept secret?

So, I'm pretty sure all of you know that 2012 is supposed to be the world's apocalypse according to an anciant Maja legend (I'm not sure if that's correct though). But, first of all, do you believe that? I mean, it's not completely out of the question, but is the whole word just going to be destroyed in the course of one year?

Second, do you think they should be held secret from the public? Was it a good idea to make it into a movie, or do you think this will cause panic all over the continents?

I believe that the world's doom is just a story, a mere legend that was created from ancient cultures that believed in different gods, religions and other things. IF the world is coming to an end, it would be slowly, due to the climate change and the sun's heat. The Global Warming will end more and more lifes from year to year. That is what I think.

Also, making the entire prediction into a movie was a bit ... well ... dumb, to be blunt. I mean, the movie is surely great (haven't seen it yet though) but it probably also caused panic in some way, since some people are bound to be a bit intimidated by all those floods and earthquakes and lava and bla.

But that's what I think, what do YOU think?

So, debate away !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I ish a writer. :3
Well, excuuuse me, Princess. xD
I'm not a Naruto Fangirl, I just couldn't think of a name
Conversation of the month:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori
test...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen_Chidori
...icle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami
I hate you, I was eating an apple, and now I'm coughing because it went down the wrong pipe. Go to hell you selfish bastard.

Falling head-first,
with a slight sense of fear.
Crashing through clouds,
with a sick knot of dread.
Tumbling past air

with nobody near.
Nothing but blurs,
of feelings I've fled.

Monstrous joy,
for all that appears
gone
but is really there.
And yet as I fall
all I can do,
is watch
while I'm falling through air.

NarutoRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Should apocalypse predictions be kept secret?

The Apocalypse cannot be predicted. It could end at pretty much anytime.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
The Apocalypse cannot be predicted. It could end at pretty much anytime.
What about yesterday?
Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
9naruto
Chunin Exam Proctor

9naruto saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I think it's said Mayan not Maja

"You couldn't hit me with a hollow tip even if you graduated with a sniper scholarship... this is my lyrical semi-automatic, pop-pop-pop!" ~Bulletproof
9naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
What about yesterday?
Yes. That's the problem with time machines.

...At least in my case.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
9naruto
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
I have a theory that time travel exist! If we invent it in the future they could just come back now. Bam! Time Travel!

"You couldn't hit me with a hollow tip even if you graduated with a sniper scholarship... this is my lyrical semi-automatic, pop-pop-pop!" ~Bulletproof
Old 02-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #7
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
We just need to invent a time machine, go to the future and destroy all time machines, and then return. That should work shouldn't it? There's no major glaring flaw in my plan is there?
Old 02-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #8
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
We just need to invent a time machine, go to the future and destroy all time machines, and then return. That should work shouldn't it? There's no major glaring flaw in my plan is there?
Yes, there is. How are you going to destroy them? I suggest you bring a hammer.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #9
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9naruto View Post
I have a theory that time travel exist! If we invent it in the future they could just come back now. Bam! Time Travel!
Somebody leave a post it note to remind ourselves

Note to self:
Invent time machine.
Turn the stove off.

Oh shiznapp.

...At least in my case.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
9naruto
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Somebody leave a post it note to remind ourselves

Note to self:
Invent time machine.
Turn the stove off.

Oh shiznapp.
Then we all go back to the prehistoric age forgeting to turn the sink off

Old 02-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #11
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9naruto View Post
Then shouldn't we already have time travel if the present is the past of the future? You're welcome for the mindrape.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #12
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
Then shouldn't we already have time travel if the present is the past of the future? You're welcome for the mindrape.
Time machines...

Now you can experience life's worst moments...

AGAIN!

...At least in my case.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #13
9naruto
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
Well make your brain wear some protection. I dont want to teen brain pregnacies on my hands.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #14
zebrakiller
Special Jonin Candidate

zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!

the world has been ending for the last 100+ years..who knows when it will finally topple. personally i say humanity will end before the world does...

zebrakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #15
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrakiller View Post
the world has been ending for the last 100+ years..who knows when it will finally topple. personally i say humanity will end before the world does...
I think the universe will end before the world which will end before humanity.

At least that's what I learned when I traveled to the future to destroy all time machine. Oh and also something about time machines saving all humanity.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #16
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I think the universe will end before the world which will end before humanity.

At least that's what I learned when I traveled to the future to destroy all time machine. Oh and also something about time machines saving all humanity.
Oh we won't have to worry about that.
I put the time machines in a toaster.

...At least in my case.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #17
JC.
Genin

JC. is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think the Mayan calendar ends in 2012, nothing to do with apocalypse. And besides theres only a slim chance they could actually predict it anyway.

I haven't seen the movie but to me it seems kind of stupid.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #18
Vex
Special Jonin Candidate

Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

I don't think it should be kept secret, just to themselves.

Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #19
Soccer Ninja 21
Special Jonin Candidate

Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

No, we have a right to know. But I agree with some of you. Humanity will end before the world does.

/////////////
///////////
///////
////
///
//
/

.....O"
...-/-
././

Play Soccer, Or we'll find you.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: Blue Belt Best Friend: Lunar
Quote:
Silver's my buttercup! Now you see, and be jealous, be very jealous.
Soccer Ninja 21 is offline   Reply With Quote