Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:36 AM   #1
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Chapter 481 fails/error's

I just got done reading (from 1 manga)

And their are so many fails and error's on every page. One page 15 Akumaru says,
"Meow"Akamaru: "Woof woof"

I am not kidding you one bit, kamaru said meow. I have no clue on how the translation person mixed up 'Woof woof' with 'Meow'
(I'll Pm anyone who wants to see the picture)

And their was mark out's and then a bad transltion on top of the mark out.
Their was even some missing pages. *I believe*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zerosameri; 02-04-2010 at 03:39 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:39 AM   #2
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Chapter 481 fails/error's

It did say LQ

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
sasu_girl
Lovely Girl :3
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

i laughed when akamaru meowed ^^

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
Old 02-04-2010, 04:08 AM   #4
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
It did say LQ
If that person used common scenes there would be no 'Meow'. Akamaru had never said anything but 'Woof.' Even if the person had no idea what was going on or couldn't read Japanese, but had knowledge of Naruto (even if it was a little or none) there would be a 'Woof' and not a 'Meow'.
That person put the 'Meow' there for kicks. :/

-

Plus it said "little LQ", it wasn't a little LQ but a lot.

Last edited by zerosameri; 02-04-2010 at 04:11 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:10 AM   #5
sasu_girl
Lovely Girl :3
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri View Post
If that person used common scenes their would be no 'Meow'. Akamaru had never said anything but 'Woff.' Even if the perosn had no idead what was going on or couldn't read Japanese, but had knowlage of Naruto (even if it was a little or non) there would be a 'Woff' and not a 'Meow'.
That person put the 'Meow' their for kicks. :/

-

Plus it said "little LQ", it wasn't a little LQ but a lot.
please don't hate me but you used the wrong there....

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
Old 02-04-2010, 04:12 AM   #6
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasu_girl View Post
please don't hate me but you used the wrong there....
My bad, and fixed

Old 02-04-2010, 04:57 AM   #7
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I pretty sure it was intentionally atrocious. It was trying to be funny, but failed. Did you see what Sai said at the end, "****s about to get real."

Last edited by Wooster; 02-18-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:43 AM   #8
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
I pretty sure it was intentionally atrocious. It was trying to be funny, but failed. Did you see what Sai said at the end, "S***s about to get real."
yea I noticed that. And in Danzou flash back he said ";););););)" and it was sapost to say "damnit". Same thing when Danzou, said "I did not become Hokage"; He did become Hokage, no one wanted him too, or like the dude, but he was consider Hokage for the time being

Last edited by zerosameri; 02-04-2010 at 06:10 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:06 AM   #9
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

This is why I prefer the volumes

...At least in my case.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:15 AM   #10
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

Quote:
The chapter translation are ushaly awesome. But their is all ways the fail, even in the book's. Like in book 43 (For some reason it's only book.) they spelled Sasuke wrong, and in the online chapters when Madara was telling his 'Moon eye plan' they translted the part were he talks about the moon into "I shall get the Moon people and put a Genjuts on them! Then I will rule the world". (that was later fixed)

But every thing's fails and some not as bad as this.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:19 AM   #11
Maxtone
Special Jonin Candidate

Maxtone is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Maxtone is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Maxtone is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Maxtone is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Maxtone is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Maxtone is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Maxtone is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Maxtone is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Maxtone is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Maxtone is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Maxtone is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I pretty sure it was intentionally atrocious. It was trying to be funny, but failed. Did you see what Sai said at the end, "S***s about to get real."
That was so unreal when I read it I laughed and the Meow too can't wait for a better translation and scan

Old 02-04-2010, 07:06 AM   #12
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri
The chapter translation are ushaly awesome. But their is all ways the fail, even in the book's. Like in book 43 (For some reason it's only book.) they spelled Sasuke wrong, and in the online chapters when Madara was telling his 'Moon eye plan' they translted the part were he talks about the moon into "I shall get the Moon people and put a Genjuts on them! Then I will rule the world". (that was later fixed)

But every thing's fails and some not as bad as this.
The volume translations are decent. I would call them servicable. They get the intent across, but they lose some of the emotion and subtle meaning. I actually think the dub translation are the best, they're really very good. There's more to translational than the literal, it also requires a good writer in the translated language. This is why I think the manga translation and subs fail a bit. The dubs have just the right pop. Of course, you also have to put up with the added stuff in the anime, but that's not the translator's fault. In otherwords, good job VizMedia.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:11 AM   #13
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
The volume translations are decent. I would call them servicable. They get the intent across, but they lose some of the emotion and subtle meaning. I actually think the dub translation are the best, they're really very good. There's more to translational than the literal, it also requires a good writer in the translated language. This is why I think the manga translation and subs fail a bit. The dubs have just the right pop. Of course, you also have to put up with the added stuff in the anime, but that's not the translator's fault. In otherwords, good job VizMedia.

The dub translations are going to be the most "natural" but probably the least accurate. I like the volumes in that they give the most detail. But dubs are good because they sound the best...and not just because of the voice
work but what they actually say. It's sound more like what people would say.

...At least in my case.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #14
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
The dub translations are going to be the most "natural" but probably the least accurate. I like the volumes in that they give the most detail. But dubs are good because they sound the best...and not just because of the voice
work but what they actually say. It's sound more like what people would say.
You hit it right on the head.

Yes, the manga are the most accurate, so if you want facts the volume translations are the go to source.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:27 AM   #15
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
You hit it right on the head.

Yes, the manga are the most accurate, so if you want facts the volume translations are the go to source.
Subtitles are probably the worst of the translations since they
have to match the timing (to a certain degree not as much as dub)
but they also have to try to be accurate. This can be difficult.

Also subtitles are obviously the most distracting. I don't really prefer them
but I much rather have them then no Naruto episode at all (or having to wait for the dubs. I'm just not that patient.)

As far as image quality goes I think the DVDs might be the best bet for the anime and the volumes are best quality even compared to the magazine
because the shading tends to look better when the image isn't so big.

...At least in my case.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:31 AM   #16
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

Quote:
The dubs are fare the least accurate . Even if viz traslate it them self and have no one else translate or change any thing. Their are going to be changes and edit's. Like in the pure Japanese version Sai said something to Naruto when they frist met and it was change and edited, even durring the Sassori vs Sakura, in the pur Japanese version Sassori say's "Like hell you would!" but in the dub he say's "You whish."

Nothing is going to be 100% accurate in the U.S any way. :/ even in the books

Old 02-04-2010, 07:41 AM   #17
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri View Post
The dubs are fare the least accurate . Even if viz traslate it them self and have no one else translate or change any thing. Their are going to be changes and edit's. Like in the pure Japanese version Sai said something to Naruto when they frist met and it was change and edited, even durring the Sassori vs Sakura, in the pur Japanese version Sassori say's "Like hell you would!" but in the dub he say's "You whish."

Nothing is going to be 100% accurate in the U.S any way. :/ even in the books
It's true nothing is gonna be 100% accurate. If it was everything would sound weird because the Japanese language is quite different from the
English language. Often the problem with the scanlations is that they
are TOO literal. Also I'm not very fond of when they don't translate
stuff. For instance I think the moves should be translated with a few
minor exceptions (Chidori and Rasengan since "A Thousand Birds" and "Chakra Spiraling Sphere" don't sound so great.) But stuff like
Fuuton I prefer as "Wind Style". I mean Fuuton sounds like a couch.

...At least in my case.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #18
valtreck
Genin

valtreck is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to valtreck Send a message via Skype™ to valtreck

Akamaru:"MEOW", i was laughing when i read it. Just waiting for better translations.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:56 AM   #19
shikamarulover18
Veteran Chunin

shikamarulover18 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

*obviously this thread has spoilers so don't down rep me for not tagging. you shouldn't be here if you don't want to get spoiled.

sakura is a freaking idiot in this chapter. omg. and here i was thinking she couldn't get any more ridiculous. she was going to put her team to sleep.. really?? the only chance of survival she has and she's putting it to sleep!!!! what an idiot!!! does she think she can handle sasuke AND madara uchiha alone??!?!? that's just insanity. akamaru fighting them alone would have a better chance.

i don't know what sakura thinks she's doing but if she wants to die so badly, she could do something a lot less dramatic and annoying. i'm tired of her idiocy. i wish they could replace karin with sakura and just have her get killed by the girl she really loves, sasuke.

Forum Family: Ishtar (brother), ~blackstar~ (sister), i_love_kakashi (father), JapaneseAnimeForLife (little bro), Sasukegal (big sis), TOKIE_TOKIE (cousin), konan9 (sister, naruto_jock (sketchy neighbor)

(./_\.) Mangekyo Sharingan!!!
/_!_\ Put this on your siggy if you love Itachi
<3Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, Kisuke, Byakuya, Ichigo, Ishida, Renji, Hanataro, Aizen, and Noba<3
Old 02-04-2010, 07:57 AM   #20
zerosameri

Awards Showcase

Quote:
It's true nothing is gonna be 100% accurate. If it was everything would sound weird because the Japanese language is quite different from the
English language. Often the problem with the scanlations is that they
are TOO literal. Also I'm not very fond of when they don't translate
stuff. For instance I think the moves should be translated with a few
minor exceptions (Chidori and Rasengan since "A Thousand Birds" and "Chakra Spiraling Sphere" don't sound so great.) But stuff like
Fuuton I prefer as "Wind Style". I mean Fuuton sounds like a couch.
Japanese is really different but it's more proper the English (well just about any other language is more proper then English). Is there isn’t as mush slang or slang-slang. (I.E- If --> ify --> Diffy)

Futon is a bed/couch all they did was add another U to the word.

Last edited by zerosameri; 02-04-2010 at 08:03 AM.