Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:02 AM   #41
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
I think what we're all forgeting is that Karin really into S&M. Maybe it's not that she won't mind, maybe she really liked it. She certainly likes Sasuke bitting her. But that's as far as I am going to carry this analogy.
Do you honestly think Karin's fantasies of Sasuke will make her think that it's okay for him to put her life in serious danger? There's a difference between him biting her and him driving Chidori Sharp Spear through her.
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/
Old 01-31-2010, 08:41 AM   #42
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Karura View Post
Do you honestly think Karin's fantasies of Sasuke will make her think that it's okay for him to put her life in serious danger? There's a difference between him biting her and him driving Chidori Sharp Spear through her.
How would I know? It depends on how much Karin likes pain. Karin is a nut, and I'm not going into her mind for something like this.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:59 AM   #43
3littlepigs
P-Chan

3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShounenLover View Post
I agree with you, but after this, I don't think she'll ever see him the same way again, unless she's completely suicidal and wishes to be used that way again. This being said if she actually survives. She knew Sasuke was becoming way dark,but she really had no idea to what extent, to go as far as sacrificing her life for his revenge and seeing him smile afterwards with no regards towards her.
I don't know if she's suicidal to be honest...but I do know she's obsessed so it wouldn't surprise me if she stays by his side if she doesn't die. Especially if she can heal herself and Sasuke knew this or if he "missed" her vitals....
Quote:
Your right of all the members of Taka, Karin would be the most "evil." At least Suigetsu and Jugo were prisoners. Of course, Sasuke has roared right past her in recent chapters. People may say Sasuke's not evil, but he is still Sasuke the Insane.
But wait does that mean your giving the eye roll to Naruto? Leave him alone, he's collasped in a snow bank right now.
Wait when did I roll my eyes to Naruto? Honestly I would rather see Naruto collapse instead of having to see Sasuke all the time....
Quote:
  • When Karin was intoduced, she was a heartless character who's only care seemed to be crushing on Sasuke. Since then, she's undergone a lot of character development. That's why she now cares if her boss is evil, even though a few months ago she was evil herself. Also, that whole thing about her murdering prisoners was filler.
  • Different perspectives I guess because I see no character development...at least not more than other not so important characters in the story. When has she cared about anybody else other than Sasuke? and well I guess Oro when she was first introduced....even if it was filler she was still a guard working for Oro because she chose to and she didn't even want to let the prisioners go (and yes, I'm talking only about the manga).
-_-... Pay attention to her character development. In the beginning, she was actively hoping that Jugo and Suigetsu would kill each other. Now, she has been shown to care for thier well-being on several occasions.
-_-... Again what character development? The only reason for her existence is healing/saving Sasuke and having a female character be part of Taka, nothing else. Please be so kind as to point me to the chapter/page where you say she has been shown to "care for their well-being on several occassions". (since you know so much about the manga)

For all your talk about knowing the manga so much better than me, you seem to have a fairly bad understanding of it yourself. (Responses in orange.)
I never said I was a Naruto manga expert or that I knew the manga better than you...if my post sounded that way I apologize but your post at the beginning of the thread which was mainly aimed at people who think like me wasn't very nice either. (Also I can easily see your replies since they're bright orange)

Even if we both read the manga we might still see or understand things differently, so with what I've read so far Karin isn't an important character and there has been no real character development. She was created so that she could give us (the readers) some insight during the fights, so that she could heal Sasuke and to basically replace Sakura as the female character when Sasuke's shown. So yeah I do think she's just a fangirl who will most likely not let what just happened end her obsession for Sasuke. I'm not saying you might not be right because I'm not Kishi but that is my honest opinion...you obviously like Karin so maybe you're not seeing things objectively.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #44
3littlepigs
P-Chan

Quote:
How would I know? It depends on how much Karin likes pain. Karin is a nut, and I'm not going into her mind for something like this.
LOL That made me laugh so hard...but you're right I wouldn't want to go in there either
Old 01-31-2010, 06:18 PM   #45
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
Quote:
  • When Karin was intoduced, she was a heartless character who's only care seemed to be crushing on Sasuke. Since then, she's undergone a lot of character development. That's why she now cares if her boss is evil, even though a few months ago she was evil herself. Also, that whole thing about her murdering prisoners was filler.
  • Different perspectives I guess because I see no character development...at least not more than other not so important characters in the story. When has she cared about anybody else other than Sasuke? and well I guess Oro when she was first introduced....even if it was filler she was still a guard working for Oro because she chose to and she didn't even want to let the prisioners go (and yes, I'm talking only about the manga).
  • Ok, even with nothing else, she's not going to stay with a person who doesn't think twice about stabbing her becuase of some teenage crush.

-_-... Pay attention to her character development. In the beginning, she was actively hoping that Jugo and Suigetsu would kill each other. Now, she has been shown to care for thier well-being on several occasions.
-_-... Again what character development? The only reason for her existence is healing/saving Sasuke and having a female character be part of Taka, nothing else. Please be so kind as to point me to the chapter/page where you say she has been shown to "care for their well-being on several occassions". (since you know so much about the manga)

Check out Pages 4-5 of Chapter 415. She sees the Eight-Tails about to crush them, and she hurriedly grabs the wounded Jugo, Suigetsu, and Sasuke and runs out of the way. If that were Original Karin, she would have ditched Jugo and Suigetsu and only grabbed Sasuke. She would probably be glad to see them die, as then she could "have Sasuke all to herself". Now, she's willing to risk her life to make sure they're safe. (You know, character development isn't always as obvious and blatant as Neji's or Sasuke's. Sometimes it's much more subtle.) Anyway, sorry if I seemed arrogant, but I was a little annoyed when I wrote that, since I had thought you were being arrogant, too.

I don't know if she's suicidal to be honest...but I do know she's obsessed so it wouldn't surprise me if she stays by his side if she doesn't die. Especially if she can heal herself and Sasuke knew this or if he "missed" her vitals....
Regardless of whether he missed her on purpose or not, she's been shocked by his behavior all day.

Wait when did I roll my eyes to Naruto? Honestly I would rather see Naruto collapse instead of having to see Sasuke all the time....

I never said I was a Naruto manga expert or that I knew the manga better than you...if my post sounded that way I apologize but your post at the beginning of the thread which was mainly aimed at people who think like me wasn't very nice either. (Also I can easily see your replies since they're bright orange)

Even if we both read the manga we might still see or understand things differently, so with what I've read so far Karin isn't an important character and there has been no real character development. She was created so that she could give us (the readers) some insight during the fights, so that she could heal Sasuke and to basically replace Sakura as the female character when Sasuke's shown. So yeah I do think she's just a fangirl who will most likely not let what just happened end her obsession for Sasuke. I'm not saying you might not be right because I'm not Kishi but that is my honest opinion...you obviously like Karin so maybe you're not seeing things objectively.
So you think I'm a person who's letting their appreciation of Karin get in the way of seeing the facts? Fair enough, since I see you as one of those people who decided they didn't like Karin back at her introduction, and hasn't bothered to notice she's changed.
I think OtoSeptic put it best:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtoSeptic View Post
I haven't seen anyone say that she'll still stand by him (yet), but yeah, no. She's a fangirl, but she's not a moron. If she lives, I'll be very surprised if there's not some hesitancy in her loyalty to him.

I've been saying that it would be awesome if this caused her to turn against him, and as unlikely as I figured that was, it's much more possible than Karin dusting herself off and going, "OMG YOU WERE SO HOT DOING THAT, TOO. WHERE TO NEXT?"
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #46
3littlepigs
P-Chan

Quote:

Ok, even with nothing else, she's not going to stay with a person who doesn't think twice about stabbing her becuase of some teenage crush.
That is not just "some teenage crush" she's really obsessed just like Sakura and Ino so that's why I say it's not so farfetched to think that she will stay by his side even after he hurt her without even hesitating. Honestly for someone who likes being bitten (so I think she's kind of masochist) it wouldn't surprise me if she thought he was "cool" while he used that Chidori jutsu through her to get to Danzou.
Check out Pages 4-5 of Chapter 415. She sees the Eight-Tails about to crush them, and she hurriedly grabs the wounded Jugo, Suigetsu, and Sasuke and runs out of the way. If that were Original Karin, she would have ditched Jugo and Suigetsu and only grabbed Sasuke. She would probably be glad to see them die, as then she could "have Sasuke all to herself". Now, she's willing to risk her life to make sure they're safe. (You know, character development isn't always as obvious and blatant as Neji's or Sasuke's. Sometimes it's much more subtle.) Anyway, sorry if I seemed arrogant, but I was a little annoyed when I wrote that, since I had thought you were being arrogant, too.
I did and honestly I couldn't really make out anything from the manga so I checked out the Anime episode and yes she does push Sasuke and Juugo (who's carrying Suigetsu) out of the way. I'm sorry but even with that I still don't think she was doing that out of the kindness of her heart...I'm going to say she did it because it was convenient. You're probably going to say Suigetsu couldn't move and Juugo had just given his chakra away when he healed Sasuke so they were useless but Karin can't fight at all so I'm sure if things got worse Juugo would've intervened one more time to save Sasuke...she couldn't very well have gotten Sasuke out of there alive by herself. I wasn't really comparing her to Sasuke or Neji (believe me)...you say her character development isn't as obvious yet in your first post you kind of made it sound "obvious".

That's ok it was a misunderstanding on both sides no big deal.

Regardless of whether he missed her on purpose or not, she's been shocked by his behavior all day.
I'm not saying she hasn't been shocked "all day" but I just don't think it's enough to end her "obsession"

So you think I'm a person who's letting their appreciation of Karin get in the way of seeing the facts? Fair enough, since I see you as one of those people who decided they didn't like Karin back at her introduction, and hasn't bothered to notice she's changed.
Yes, a little bit if I might say. No, I did not decide I didn't like her when she was first introduced, I decided that a few chapters later. Regardless of when I started not liking her, me saying she'll probably stay by Sasuke's side after this has nothing to do with whether I like her or not. I'm giving you my opinion based on her personality and how she's reacted to Sasuke's decisions/actions all along.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:53 PM   #47
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Ok, even with nothing else, she's not going to stay with a person who doesn't think twice about stabbing her becuase of some teenage crush.
That is not just "some teenage crush" she's really obsessed just like Sakura and Ino so that's why I say it's not so farfetched to think that she will stay by his side even after he hurt her without even hesitating. Honestly for someone who likes being bitten (so I think she's kind of masochist) it wouldn't surprise me if she thought he was "cool" while he used that Chidori jutsu through her to get to Danzou.
When Sasuke bites Karin, she starts moaning and is visibly enjoying it. Based on her reaction panel, I'm going to say she is not enjoying it. Besides, I really don't think Kishi would do a cliffhanger designed to cause this much debate, and then solve it all with some throwaway joke about Karin finding it sexy.

I did and honestly I couldn't really make out anything from the manga so I checked out the Anime episode and yes she does push Sasuke and Juugo (who's carrying Suigetsu) out of the way. I'm sorry but even with that I still don't think she was doing that out of the kindness of her heart...I'm going to say she did it because it was convenient. You're probably going to say Suigetsu couldn't move and Juugo had just given his chakra away when he healed Sasuke so they were useless but Karin can't fight at all so I'm sure if things got worse Juugo would've intervened one more time to save Sasuke...she couldn't very well have gotten Sasuke out of there alive by herself. I wasn't really comparing her to Sasuke or Neji (believe me)...you say her character development isn't as obvious yet in your first post you kind of made it sound "obvious".

That's ok it was a misunderstanding on both sides no big deal.

In the manga, she picks them all up and runs out of the way with them. Anyway, look at Panel 5 on Page 4. The tail is only about 1 second away from hitting them. Karin does not have time to contemplate who will give her the best odds of survival if she helps them. Her immeadiete reflex is to save Jugo and Suigetsu, as well. Maybe it's different in the anime, but we're talking canon here. (If your fan site is too blurry, PM me for the one I use.) (Also, this debate is causing me to look at Karin's character a lot more closely. I hadn't realized how subtle it's been until I had to prove it to you.)

I'm not saying she hasn't been shocked "all day" but I just don't think it's enough to end her "obsession"
I don't think we're ever going to solve this one. I guess it's more of a matter of opinion whether Sasuke's moral values will affect how she thinks of him enough to make her leave. Still, regardless of how he's treating other people, the stabbing might make her realize he's never going to love her.

Yes, a little bit if I might say. No, I did not decide I didn't like her when she was first introduced, I decided that a few chapters later. Regardless of when I started not liking her, me saying she'll probably stay by Sasuke's side after this has nothing to do with whether I like her or not. I'm giving you my opinion based on her personality and how she's reacted to Sasuke's decisions/actions all along.
Ok.
I'm really liking this debate!

Old 02-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #48
3littlepigs
P-Chan

Quote:
When Sasuke bites Karin, she starts moaning and is visibly enjoying it. Based on her reaction panel, I'm going to say she is not enjoying it. Besides, I really don't think Kishi would do a cliffhanger designed to cause this much debate, and then solve it all with some throwaway joke about Karin finding it sexy.

Actually she starts moaning after the initial pain...it just happens fast so maybe Kishi did leave it as a cliffhanger on purpose Now for the serious stuff... actually I still have my doubts as to that actually being the real Karin. You've probably saw my thread about it maybe being Danzou's genjutsu? If it is genjutsu then for sure she'll stay by his side...if it's not genjutsu and he did hurt her she either stays or leaves like you say.

In the manga, she picks them all up and runs out of the way with them. Anyway, look at Panel 5 on Page 4. The tail is only about 1 second away from hitting them. Karin does not have time to contemplate who will give her the best odds of survival if she helps them. Her immeadiete reflex is to save Jugo and Suigetsu, as well. Maybe it's different in the anime, but we're talking canon here. (If your fan site is too blurry, PM me for the one I use.) (Also, this debate is causing me to look at Karin's character a lot more closely. I hadn't realized how subtle it's been until I had to prove it to you.)
Well from what I can tell from the Anime it happens the same as in the Manga. She initially "grabs" them but just to push them away because the Hachibi's tail is about to hit them all. There wasn't really anything to think about since Suigetsu had already passed out...technically the only one who could've helped Sasuke fight or at least escape (if Sasuke's attack had failed) was Juugo...Karin can heal and sense chakra but she can't fight (I hope we agree on that).

I don't think we're ever going to solve this one. I guess it's more of a matter of opinion whether Sasuke's moral values will affect how she thinks of him enough to make her leave. Still, regardless of how he's treating other people, the stabbing might make her realize he's never going to love her.
Yes, I do think we won't come to an agreement so it's better to agree to disagree on this one. The sad thing is Sakura, Ino and Karin, they all know Sasuke doesn't love them and that he probably never will. Sakura was just his teammate at some point so he "cared" for her only because of that, Ino he didn't even care for and Karin is just useful to him. We know Sakura and Ino continue being in denial after all this time and even after hearing all the things he's done they still "love" him. Karin met a different Sasuke than the one Ino and Sakura knew but I think she knows he only wants to use her and if she's continued to be by his side after that, that's why I think the way I do but I'm not saying you can't be right. Even if she didn't really know Sasuke doesn't love her and that he probably never will there's a difference between realizing that fact and then getting away from him. Unfortunately lots of people stay in abusive relationships even if they "know" they shouldn't.

Ok.

ok
I'm really liking this debate!
Debates are always good
Old 02-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #49
sasukefan
Chunin

sasukefan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

This debate is getting hard to follow I can't tell the original orange quotes from the new ones.

But I don't think she is some dumb blind fangirl and I don't think she will just dust herself off and say that was cool or hot or anything but I don't think she will change COMPLETELY.

Of course she will be freaking out it is just natural if you get stabbed by someone but I'm not sure if it will change her view of him completely...

Ok while I was typing this I went back to read some of the previous chapters of the summit and now my views have changed, Karin has more likely a chance to at least be hesitant and wary of Sasuke. Somehow I don't really see her turning completly against him because of what it would do to the plotline.

Think about it. If Karin goes against Sasuke what will she do? She can't go to Konaha or just leave. But if she does leave Sasuke the only thing I can even think of is her going to find Kabutomaru, I'm not necesarily sure why I think that but that's a thought.

But I don't think she will leave Sasuke or Taka but she won't be as fangirlly as she was before.

And I heard someone previously mention how she was as fangirlly as Sakura and Ino, well Ino turned from Sasuke to Sai and Sakura, if I remember correctly, wants to kill him so that's an example of how they went from obsessed to not caring.
By the eyes of a hawk soaring high above in the sky"
Sasuke Uchiha
Old 02-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #50
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

no 3lil if this is a genjutsu i will die. HATE sharingan battels oh that was a genjutsu OMG STABBED YOU nope im a genjutsu AAHHHH WHAT F*** (BEEPING SOUND) its worse than itachi vs sasuke fight ugh so many flippin eyes its like being in a demon doll house... this whole fight might be 1 big genjutsu T.T

On a different note idk bout karin i really don't karin is going to be like "AWWW F*** YEAH SASUKE DO IT AGAIN. Is that blood i taste." *bam* (floor vs face floor wins!)

Then again sakura was going to follow sasuke to orochimaru a 12 year old girl going to a child rapist (but i think oro only likes lil boys think about it guren is like 30 and he put karin on a rock in the middle of no where and anko bless her name! acts like a boy) but this is on another degree all sasuke did was pimp chop her in the neck (again face vs floor floor wins hooray!) and this time sasuke takes and eletric spear staright through her heart with a creepy face (ALL HE NEEDS IS A HOCKEY MASK! JASON NUMBRE DOUS HE LIKES TO STICK SHARP STUFF IN TEENAGERS DANG HE IS STArTEN OFF EARLY MUST BE AN INTERNSHIP) so idk karin is a freak OMG EMO MEETS SUPER EMO <3
Old 02-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #51
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Actually she starts moaning after the initial pain...it just happens fast so maybe Kishi did leave it as a cliffhanger on purpose Now for the serious stuff... actually I still have my doubts as to that actually being the real Karin. You've probably saw my thread about it maybe being Danzou's genjutsu? If it is genjutsu then for sure she'll stay by his side...if it's not genjutsu and he did hurt her she either stays or leaves like you say.
I can see it being just another genjutsu. The only problem is, we see Karin thinking a reaction to the stabbing. ("Wha?"). If it's Danzo using it on Sasuke, why would Karin be silently thinking that?

Well from what I can tell from the Anime it happens the same as in the Manga. She initially "grabs" them but just to push them away because the Hachibi's tail is about to hit them all. There wasn't really anything to think about since Suigetsu had already passed out...technically the only one who could've helped Sasuke fight or at least escape (if Sasuke's attack had failed) was Juugo...Karin can heal and sense chakra but she can't fight (I hope we agree on that).

Yes, we will agree that Karin cannot fight. (She has shown some Superhuman feats, though, so she's not quite as useless at physical things as most people think.)

Yes, I do think we won't come to an agreement so it's better to agree to disagree on this one. The sad thing is Sakura, Ino and Karin, they all know Sasuke doesn't love them and that he probably never will. Sakura was just his teammate at some point so he "cared" for her only because of that, Ino he didn't even care for and Karin is just useful to him. We know Sakura and Ino continue being in denial after all this time and even after hearing all the things he's done they still "love" him. Karin met a different Sasuke than the one Ino and Sakura knew but I think she knows he only wants to use her and if she's continued to be by his side after that, that's why I think the way I do but I'm not saying you can't be right. Even if she didn't really know Sasuke doesn't love her and that he probably never will there's a difference between realizing that fact and then getting away from him. Unfortunately lots of people stay in abusive relationships even if they "know" they shouldn't.

Grr... I'm an Ino fan, so I get annoyed when people think Ino is still some Sasuke fangirl. She gave up on that crush a LONG time ago. Most people haven't bothered to notice that her character has dramatically changed since the Chunin Exams Arc, even if her abilities haven't. (Also, if Karin is left on the ground for dead by Sasuke, and then found by someone else who heals her, she might come to trust them enough to join thier side. She won't know where Sasuke is, and she'll have have found other people she considers close, and that might help her adjust to a new life.)
How can we make following the debate easier for others?

Old 02-02-2010, 05:20 AM   #52
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Heh, you just did it. Leaving the previous response and then replying usually works pretty well.

I'm not going to interfer with your debate, but only add that we actually haven't really seen any character development from Karin. She seems the same throughout. I would say the character we've seen just isn't really consitent with an Orochimaru prison keeper. If that makes you feel any better.

Karin has tried to act tough toward Sasuke when others are present to swooning for him when they are alone. I think she still is annoyed by Suigetsu as much as she ever was. Of course, this interaction is cleary supposed to mimic the early Sakura reaction to Naruto's antics. She has always seemed rather indifferent to Jugo.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Karin rescuing the other during the Killer Bee battle, they were fighting a giant octopus bull. She was just doing whatever it took to survive. Not to mention afterwards she acts the same to everone else. This doesn't mean she hasn't notice the change in Sasuke, but that's becasue he has changed not her. His actions may be enough for her to leave the group, but then again she was apparently fine working for Orochimaru.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:23 AM   #53
valtreck
Genin

valtreck is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to valtreck Send a message via Skype™ to valtreck

if karin survives, she is going to leave sasuke for sure!!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #54
3littlepigs
P-Chan

Quote:
I can see it being just another genjutsu. The only problem is, we see Karin thinking a reaction to the stabbing. ("Wha?"). If it's Danzo using it on Sasuke, why would Karin be silently thinking that?

Ok maybe this sounds farfetched but what if the one who thought "what" was actually Danzou? Yeah I know the panel is a close up on Karin but if it's genjutsu then it could just be Danzou. The same thing happened when "Itachi" appeared in the middle of the fight...as a cliffhanger it could've been either the real Itachi or Sasuke's genjutsu then on the next chapter you could see immediately it wasn't Itachi. So I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe Kishi did that close up on purpose so that we would mostly think it's the real Karin?
Yes, we will agree that Karin cannot fight. (She has shown some Superhuman feats, though, so she's not quite as useless at physical things as most people think.)

lol what superhuman feats?..ok I will say she usually goes the extra mile to make sure Sasuke's ok.

Grr... I'm an Ino fan, so I get annoyed when people think Ino is still some Sasuke fangirl. She gave up on that crush a LONG time ago. Most people haven't bothered to notice that her character has dramatically changed since the Chunin Exams Arc, even if her abilities haven't. (Also, if Karin is left on the ground for dead by Sasuke, and then found by someone else who heals her, she might come to trust them enough to join thier side. She won't know where Sasuke is, and she'll have have found other people she considers close, and that might help her adjust to a new life.)

What! you're an Ino fan too?! Are there any Sasuke obsessed characters that you don't like? She is a Sasuke fangirl! What more proof than chapter 459 page 4? what a strong Kunoichi and useful too...instead of trying to do something she just sits there and cries! I'm sorry but Sakura is just as delusional as Ino but at least Sakura can say they were teammates and that they had a "connection" (even if it isn't true) but Ino? She's always been obsessed with someone who never even looked at her...that's sad.

Here we go again but please tell me how she's dramatically changed since Part I?

If she's left to die she won't make it unless she can "heal" herself even a little bit. Sakura isn't that close by and they were resting last time we saw them...Kakashi is busy trying to be Hokage and taking care of Naruto.

I think with that question anyone who wants to could give their opinion on this "debate"

Quote:
I'm not going to interfer with your debate, but only add that we actually haven't really seen any character development from Karin. She seems the same throughout. I would say the character we've seen just isn't really consitent with an Orochimaru prison keeper. If that makes you feel any better.

Karin has tried to act tough toward Sasuke when others are present to swooning for him when they are alone. I think she still is annoyed by Suigetsu as much as she ever was. Of course, this interaction is cleary supposed to mimic the early Sakura reaction to Naruto's antics. She has always seemed rather indifferent to Jugo.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Karin rescuing the other during the Killer Bee battle, they were fighting a giant octopus bull. She was just doing whatever it took to survive. Not to mention afterwards she acts the same to everone else. This doesn't mean she hasn't notice the change in Sasuke, but that's becasue he has changed not her. His actions may be enough for her to leave the group, but then again she was apparently fine working for Orochimaru.
Thank you!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #55
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Karin is a weird character as it is. She'll probaly still fallow him even if she is on the verg of death. All Karin wants is Sasuke any who. I mean she even put a pass on Sasuke. If she doesn't die, then she'll probaly be scrad of Sasuke, Fallow Sasuke, or leave Sasuke. I for one see that she'll be scard of Sasuke for a bit and then still fallow him.

Quote:
People seem to be forgeting that the past 23 chapters have taken place over one day.
How do you know it's only been 1 day? I know the time in the Naruto world is screwy but still I would like to know how you came up with 1 day.

Sasuke had a plan in his head. So maybe he didn't leave Suigetsu and Jugo to die. Or maybe Suigetsu and Jugo had a plan. They were spying on the enime. So clearly Sasuke didn't leave them to die. (or maybe he did, but still)
Quote:
That almost might pass as a case, if not for the fact that this all happened over the past few hours.

How are you comming up with the passing time? And I am guess all you are doing is guessing how much time has passed.

Karin has noticed that Sasuke has gone crazy, but Karin her self is crazy in a way. She can careless about Sasuke leaving Suigetsu and Jugo. But if I rember right I think Karin said that she'll fallow Sasuke no matter what happens even if it cost her, her life.

--

I still would love to know how you are comming up with the time's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #56
3littlepigs
P-Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Uchiha View Post
no 3lil if this is a genjutsu i will die. HATE sharingan battels oh that was a genjutsu OMG STABBED YOU nope im a genjutsu AAHHHH WHAT F*** (BEEPING SOUND) its worse than itachi vs sasuke fight ugh so many flippin eyes its like being in a demon doll house... this whole fight might be 1 big genjutsu T.T
Wait will you die because you want Karin to die? or because it's confusing? Yeah me too I honestly hate getting happy or worried over something that next chapter turns out to be fake!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasukefan View Post
This debate is getting hard to follow I can't tell the original orange quotes from the new ones.
Sorry about that...it wasn't my intention.

Think about it. If Karin goes against Sasuke what will she do? She can't go to Konaha or just leave. But if she does leave Sasuke the only thing I can even think of is her going to find Kabutomaru, I'm not necesarily sure why I think that but that's a thought.
but does she even know about Kabuchimaru? I mean Sasuke himself has no idea that Oro was trying to take over Kabuto and that he's Kabuchimaru's firt "prey" so why would Karin know?

And I heard someone previously mention how she was as fangirlly as Sakura and Ino, well Ino turned from Sasuke to Sai and Sakura, if I remember correctly, wants to kill him so that's an example of how they went from obsessed to not caring.
Not caring? ok like I told C4 Karura take a look at chapter 459 page 4 and tell me that's Ino not caring! Also even though Sakura's decision is the correct one IMO and it took a lot of determination it doesn't change the fact that she still "loves" him or whatever you call her obsession...that's precisely why she's going to kill him. I mean her face when she told Naruto she loved him and didn't care for Sasuke had the truth written all over it....
Old 02-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #57
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Not caring? ok like I told C4 Karura take a look at chapter 459 page 4 and tell me that's Ino not caring! Also even though Sakura's decision is the correct one IMO and it took a lot of determination it doesn't change the fact that she still "loves" him or whatever you call her obsession...that's precisely why she's going to kill him. I mean her face when she told Naruto she loved him and didn't care for Sasuke had the truth written all over it....
Well, at least Sakura is more than a Sasuke lover, her character actually has some subtlety. Wheras Karin is pretty much a one-dimensional character that doesn't invoke any emotion one way or another. Wait I take that back, I just saw the Killer Bee episode where Karin screams after Sasuke bites her. I think my mouth hung open for about ten minutes. Unfortanetly recalling that moment has made me nauseous. Excuse me while I vomit.

Last edited by Wooster; 02-02-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #58
3littlepigs
P-Chan

Quote:
Well, at least Sakura is more than a Sasuke lover, her character actually has some subtlety. Wheras Karin is pretty much a one-dimensional character that doesn't invoke any emotion one way or another. Wait I take that back, I just saw the Killer Bee episode where Karin screams after Sasuke bites her. I think my mouth hung open for about ten minutes. Unfortanetly recalling that moment has made me nauseous. Excuse me while I vomit.
Yeah you're not the only one... She's a complete masochist! It's funny they cut out all the bloody scenes but they'll probably leave those when Sasuke bites her. If you ask me that's even more inappropriate for kids
Old 02-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #59
HaiJoylikeduh
Chunin Exam Proctor

HaiJoylikeduh is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Wow, nice Arguments C4 Karura
Old 02-03-2010, 05:12 AM   #60
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Yeah you're not the only one... She's a complete masochist! It's funny they cut out all the bloody scenes but they'll probably leave those when Sasuke bites her. If you ask me that's even more inappropriate for kids
Yeah, I don't see how they can leave that in. I assume the scream will be more of a "Ow, that hurts" not a "I'll have what she's having."