Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
Hatake Girl
Chunin Exam Participant

Hatake Girl is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default just a comment...

um, i think it would be really cool if this site allowed us to do visitor messages on people's pages. its a lot easier and nicer than just pming all the time.

also, i was wondering why we can not use our own avatars? just a question, which probably has a good reason.

Im a Pwincesssss!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bf: no one at the moment...
Spoiler:

Quote:
to laugh when things are funny. Even if someone gets killed. That's the way of the twilight. All our shinobi will live on with that in mind even if the village falls. Long live the twilight

*FOREVER A VILLAGE*
Hatake Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: just a comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatake Girl View Post
um, i think it would be really cool if this site allowed us to do visitor messages on people's pages. its a lot easier and nicer than just pming all the time.

also, i was wondering why we can not use our own avatars? just a question, which probably has a good reason.
Too high risk people using Copyrighted Images and Mods/Admins can't check every single one of them.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
Hatake Girl
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Valentine View Post
Too high risk people using Copyrighted Images and Mods/Admins can't check every single one of them.
yeah i figured...
but still, is there a reason we cant do visitor messages? that would just be so much more convenient.

Im a Pwincesssss!

Spoiler:

Quote:
to laugh when things are funny. Even if someone gets killed. That's the way of the twilight. All our shinobi will live on with that in mind even if the village falls. Long live the twilight

*FOREVER A VILLAGE*
Old 01-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
evil buzzard
Special Jonin Candidate

evil buzzard saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to evil buzzard

Quote:
yeah i figured...
but still, is there a reason we cant do visitor messages? that would just be so much more convenient.

Same reason people might post content that would be against the rules.
And not being a member of the sight makes mods unable to ban them.

Just a question to you, what is wrong with PMing?

EDIT: fixed.

┌─┐ ─┐
│▒│ /▒/
│▒│/▒/
│▒ /▒/─┬─┐
│▒│▒|▒│▒│
┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌

Lives in AgentShayd's skirt.
evil buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
Akatsuki X
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki X has completed a tough C-rank mission!

yeah i agree it would be a lot better :/

I like videos,
I like making videos,

Me and my friends are funny,
we make funny videos.

See where I'm going?

Akatsuki X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #6
Hatake Girl
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil buzzard View Post
Same reason people might post content that would be against the rules.
And not being a member of the sight makes mods unable to ban them.

Just a question to you, what is wrong with PMing?

EDIT: fixed.
I meant that whenever you view a persons page, there could be a section for you to leave a message instead of pming. You would still have to be a member of the site inorder to post, so mods could ban you if bad things are posted. And nothing is wrong with pming. It's just tedious in some cases.

Im a Pwincesssss!

Spoiler:

Quote:

*FOREVER A VILLAGE*
Old 01-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I meant that whenever you view a persons page, there could be a section for you to leave a message instead of pming. You would still have to be a member of the site inorder to post, so mods could ban you if bad things are posted. And nothing is wrong with pming. It's just tedious in some cases.
The main reason I haven't turned that feature on is because many users in our early beta tests of the forum didn't understand the difference between private and visitor messages, resulting in them freaking out that everyone on the internet could read what they thought was private messages from them to another user.

So right now, the argument against visitor messages is that it's got too much support overhead from us having to deal with the people that don't get it.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
The main reason I haven't turned that feature on is because many users in our early beta tests of the forum didn't understand the difference between private and visitor messages, resulting in them freaking out that everyone on the internet could read what they thought was private messages from them to another user.

So right now, the argument against visitor messages is that it's got too much support overhead from us having to deal with the people that don't get it.
Maybe we could write a big warning message that says, "WARNING: THIS MESSAGE CAN BE VIEWED BY ANYONE WHO LOOKS AT THIS PROFILE." before they make the post. For anyone who doesn't know the difference between "VMs" and "PMs" although I personally prefer PMing over VMing any day.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #9
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
Maybe we could write a big warning message that says, "WARNING: THIS MESSAGE CAN BE VIEWED BY ANYONE WHO LOOKS AT THIS PROFILE." before they make the post. For anyone who doesn't know the difference between "VMs" and "PMs" although I personally prefer PMing over VMing any day.
In my experience thus far on the forum and in life, warning people about things tends to have little influence over whether or not they fall prey to them .
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:05 PM   #10
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

I think just using PMs works fine. Adding comments on profiles would just be a pain to the mods, who would have to monitor every single profile page.

Hidden Ninja45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #11
ANIMELVR4EVR
Chunin Exam Proctor

Location: under a shady tree listening to music while doodling horribly
ANIMELVR4EVR is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Ninja45 View Post
I think just using PMs works fine. Adding comments on profiles would just be a pain to the mods, who would have to monitor every single profile page.
i agree. pming is fine. plus the mods have a lot to deal with and best not to add more to the list.

╔═══╗
║███║
║ (●)
╚═══╝
======۩۞۩======
███ANIMELVR4EVR███
======۩۞۩======
I <3 SHIKIBAME
ANIMELVR4EVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:10 PM   #12
darkjam
Special Jonin Candidate

darkjam is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I dont really mind, whilst it would b nice to VM, it is a lot of work for the mods and PMs r fine...
darkjam is offline   Reply With Quote