Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:01 PM   #21
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
I'm one of those people who have said that she's a blind obsessed fool and that she'll probably stand by him even after all this (that's if she survives) and I still think that way even after reading your post. May I remind you that your description makes Karin seem like a complete saint when that's not the case:

1) If she could follow Oro willingly, I'm sure she does not care if Sasuke's a "good" guy or an "evil" guy as long as she likes him.
  • Honestly Karin does not care if people are killed without a just reason...she never cared for all those prisoners that Oro kept there against their will and not only that but she killed a whole bunch of them just so she could "control" the situation. Do you think she admired Sasuke because he didn't want to kill anyone? If he starts killing people that won't make her like him less.
2) She has never liked Suigetsu or Juugo and if it had been up to her Taka would've been just Sasuke and her from the very beginning.
  • As long as she's with Sasuke she obviously doesn't care who's left behind.
3) She mostly judges people based on their "chakra appeal"...which is why she can't stand Suigetsu but she's obsessed with Sasuke.
  • I'm going to say that her being surprised when Sasuke's chakra felt all dark and different wasn't because she liked Sasuke the "good guy" but it was just probably that his chakra didn't have the same appeal for her when he goes dark.
So I have read the manga and I re-read most chapters anyway so maybe you're the one who should go back and read it carefully. You obviously not agree with the comments because you like Karin...it's like people who still say Sasuke's not evil just because they like him
Your right of all the members of Taka, Karin would be the most "evil." At least Suigetsu and Jugo were prisoners. Of course, Sasuke has roared right past her in recent chapters. People may say Sasuke's not evil, but he is still Sasuke the Insane.
But wait does that mean your giving the eye roll to Naruto? Leave him alone, he's collasped in a snow bank right now.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #22
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
I'm one of those people who have said that she's a blind obsessed fool and that she'll probably stand by him even after all this (that's if she survives) and I still think that way even after reading your post. May I remind you that your description makes Karin seem like a complete saint when that's not the case:

1) If she could follow Oro willingly, I'm sure she does not care if Sasuke's a "good" guy or an "evil" guy as long as she likes him.
  • Honestly Karin does not care if people are killed without a just reason...she never cared for all those prisoners that Oro kept there against their will and not only that but she killed a whole bunch of them just so she could "control" the situation. Do you think she admired Sasuke because he didn't want to kill anyone? If he starts killing people that won't make her like him less.
  • When Karin was intoduced, she was a heartless character who's only care seemed to be crushing on Sasuke. Since then, she's undergone a lot of character development. That's why she now cares if her boss is evil, even though a few months ago she was evil herself. Also, that whole thing about her murdering prisoners was filler.
2) She has never liked Suigetsu or Juugo and if it had been up to her Taka would've been just Sasuke and her from the very beginning.
-_-... Pay attention to her character development. In the beginning, she was actively hoping that Jugo and Suigetsu would kill each other. Now, she has been shown to care for thier well-being on several occasions.
  • As long as she's with Sasuke she obviously doesn't care who's left behind.
3) She mostly judges people based on their "chakra appeal"...which is why she can't stand Suigetsu but she's obsessed with Sasuke.
  • I'm going to say that her being surprised when Sasuke's chakra felt all dark and different wasn't because she liked Sasuke the "good guy" but it was just probably that his chakra didn't have the same appeal for her when he goes dark.
  • Wow, that whole thing about liking people's chakra was filler.
So I have read the manga and I re-read most chapters anyway so maybe you're the one who should go back and read it carefully. You obviously not agree with the comments because you like Karin...it's like people who still say Sasuke's not evil just because they like him
For all your talk about knowing the manga so much better than me, you seem to have a fairly bad understanding of it yourself. (Responses in orange.)
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/
Old 01-30-2010, 03:16 PM   #23
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Your right of all the members of Taka, Karin would be the most "evil." At least Suigetsu and Jugo were prisoners. Of course, Sasuke has roared right past her in recent chapters. People may say Sasuke's not evil, but he is still Sasuke the Insane.
But wait does that mean your giving the eye roll to Naruto? Leave him alone, he's collasped in a snow bank right now.
What do you mean, Karin was the most "evil"?! She kept prisoners locked up, but Suigetsu was noted to enjoy chopping off the arms and legs of his enemies before cutting thier head off.
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:25 PM   #24
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Karura View Post
What do you mean, Karin was the most "evil"?! She kept prisoners locked up, but Suigetsu was noted to enjoy chopping off the arms and legs of his enemies before cutting thier head off.

Suigetsu isn't evil he's just barbaric.
Jugo is crazy.
Karin is a rapist.

Sasuke has gone over his head with revenge.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #25
Sasuke726
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In your girlfriend's wet dreams, and in your worse nightmares.
Sasuke726 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sasuke726 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sasuke726 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via Yahoo to Sasuke726

Quote:
Ok, seriously. In the past few days, people have been all, "Oh, Karin will probabely think it's okay that Sasuke stabbed her to kill Danzo, becuase she's such a fangirl of his. Even if Sakura finds her, she won't say anything becuase she's so blindly loyal to Sasuke." Seriously, READ THE MANGA.

People seem to be forgeting that the past 23 chapters have taken place over one day. Before the attack on the Kage's Summit, it looked like Sasuke was still the way he used to be. Before, he was wouldn't kill people he didn't have a reason to kill. He told his subordinates to avoid killing people. All in all, he was still a "good" guy. After his reappearence in Chapter 449, he looked like he was still the same way. He had that menacing kill-all-of-Konoha speech back in Chapter 416, but the rest of Team Taka didn't know about that.

However, once they attacked the Summit, he started killing people left and right. Karin noticed that his chakra was now colder than when he was in CS2. She started thinking things like, "Sasuke... What's happened to you?", as he left Suigetsu and Jugo to be killed. I guess most people have thought that since she stayed with him through that, she's willing to stay through another sign of how evil he is. That almost might pass as a case, if not for the fact that this all happened over the past few hours.

Assuming that the meeting started around noon (the night before, the Kage's were far enough away that they stayed in Inns and caves), and that Sasuke attacked very shortly after, that means that only 2-4 hours have passed since he started revealing his true self. Karin didn't stay with him becuase she was alright with him ditching Jugo and Suigetsu, it's becuase there wasn't any time for her to take in what was happening. The past few hours have been a whirlwind of emotion and shock for her, as she realizes the truth. Him stabbing her is going to be what finally drives home for her that she can't follow him anymore.
that is a very interesting theory that may be true
Old 01-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #26
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Well according to Suigetsu she was a "true believer," and used him for experiments. We can assume she experimented on the other prisoners as well. So we could say she is like Kabuto in that regard. So she is a bit sadistic, not really surprising if she voluntarily works for Orochimaru.

But Karin is who she is. If you like her, why would you want her to be different? Combined with Suigetsu, she also provides the role of comedic relief, but doesn't change her other attributes. I like Danzo, but I don't want him to be a protagonist. I always want him to be the underhanded, devious, extremely practical shinobi that he is.

Last edited by Wooster; 01-30-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #27
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Well according to Suigetsu she was a "true believer," and used him for experiments. We can assume she experimented on the other prisoners as well. So we could say she is like Kabuto in that regard. So she is a bit sadistic, not really surprising if she voluntarily works for Orochimaru.

But Karin is who she is. If you like her, why would you want her to be different? Combined with Suigetsu, she also provides the role of comedic relief, but doesn't change her other attributes. I like Danzo, but don't want him to be a protagonist. I always want him to be the underhanded, devious, extremely practical shinobi that he is.

Agreed if Danzo ever had a change of heart and became like the 3rd Hokage the story would suck. At least that part of it would.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #28
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Agreed if Danzo ever had a change of heart and became like the 3rd Hokage the story would suck. At least that part of it would.
Only Danzo has the strength to resist Naruto's mysterious power. Good for him.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:45 PM   #29
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
I LOLed at this. Nice job.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #30
ANIMELVR4EVR
Chunin Exam Proctor

Location: under a shady tree listening to music while doodling horribly
ANIMELVR4EVR is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i don't like karin that much but saying that she's a blind sasuke fangirl is kinda harsh. he just STABBED her through the heart just to kill danzo. isn't that a bit crazy on sasuke's behalf??? he just killed his only medic...isn't that a bit stupid too??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

╔═══╗
║███║
║ (●)
╚═══╝
======۩۞۩======
███ANIMELVR4EVR███
======۩۞۩======
I <3 SHIKIBAME
Old 01-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #31
EternalMedic
Genin

EternalMedic is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Ok, seriously. In the past few days, people have been all, "Oh, Karin will probabely think it's okay that Sasuke stabbed her to kill Danzo, becuase she's such a fangirl of his. Even if Sakura finds her, she won't say anything becuase she's so blindly loyal to Sasuke." Seriously, READ THE MANGA.
............People actually think that she won't mind? o.o I agree with you, I don't think she's a Blind Sasuke-Fangirl. Nice post, by the way.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:01 PM   #32
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Don't forget Madara.

Naruto will NOT be able to heel face turn Madara.

and he shouldn't.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:31 PM   #33
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalMedic View Post
............People actually think that she won't mind? o.o I agree with you, I don't think she's a Blind Sasuke-Fangirl. Nice post, by the way.
Thanks!

Old 01-30-2010, 11:16 PM   #34
EternalMedic
Genin

EternalMedic is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Thanks!
You're welcome. ^^
Old 01-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #35
OtoSeptic
Genin

OtoSeptic is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:

People seem to be forgeting that the past 23 chapters have taken place over one day. Before the attack on the Kage's Summit, it looked like Sasuke was still the way he used to be. Before, he was wouldn't kill people he didn't have a reason to kill. He told his subordinates to avoid killing people. All in all, he was still a "good" guy. After his reappearence in Chapter 449, he looked like he was still the same way. He had that menacing kill-all-of-Konoha speech back in Chapter 416, but the rest of Team Taka didn't know about that.

However, once they attacked the Summit, he started killing people left and right. Karin noticed that his chakra was now colder than when he was in CS2. She started thinking things like, "Sasuke... What's happened to you?", as he left Suigetsu and Jugo to be killed. I guess most people have thought that since she stayed with him through that, she's willing to stay through another sign of how evil he is. That almost might pass as a case, if not for the fact that this all happened over the past few hours.

Assuming that the meeting started around noon (the night before, the Kage's were far enough away that they stayed in Inns and caves), and that Sasuke attacked very shortly after, that means that only 2-4 hours have passed since he started revealing his true self. Karin didn't stay with him becuase she was alright with him ditching Jugo and Suigetsu, it's becuase there wasn't any time for her to take in what was happening. The past few hours have been a whirlwind of emotion and shock for her, as she realizes the truth. Him stabbing her is going to be what finally drives home for her that she can't follow him anymore.

EDIT: To everyone who's saying she won't mind Sasuke stabbing her becuase she was fine following Orochimaru, she's undergone some massive character development since her introduction. She's not the person she was a few months ago.
I haven't seen anyone say that she'll still stand by him (yet), but yeah, no. She's a fangirl, but she's not a moron. If she lives, I'll be very surprised if there's not some hesitancy in her loyalty to him.

I've been saying that it would be awesome if this caused her to turn against him, and as unlikely as I figured that was, it's much more possible than Karin dusting herself off and going, "OMG YOU WERE SO HOT DOING THAT, TOO. WHERE TO NEXT?"
Old 01-30-2010, 11:35 PM   #36
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtoSeptic View Post
I haven't seen anyone say that she'll still stand by him (yet), but yeah, no. She's a fangirl, but she's not a moron. If she lives, I'll be very surprised if there's not some hesitancy in her loyalty to him.

I've been saying that it would be awesome if this caused her to turn against him, and as unlikely as I figured that was, it's much more possible than Karin dusting herself off and going, "OMG YOU WERE SO HOT DOING THAT, TOO. WHERE TO NEXT?"
That last paragraph was funny!

Old 01-30-2010, 11:37 PM   #37
OtoSeptic
Genin

Quote:
That last paragraph was funny!

Sad thing is, I'm sure that's what some people are picturing.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:39 PM   #38
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

Yeah... I'm going to have to quote that when I debate with people about this.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:40 PM   #39
OtoSeptic
Genin

Quote:
Yeah... I'm going to have to quote that when I debate with people about this.
XD Go for it!
Old 01-31-2010, 05:16 AM   #40
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtoSeptic View Post

I think what we're all forgeting is that Karin really into S&M. Maybe it's not that she won't mind, maybe she really liked it. She certainly likes Sasuke bitting her. But that's as far as I am going to carry this analogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005
Don't forget Madara.

Naruto will NOT be able to heel face turn Madara.

and he shouldn't.
Villians don't count, it's not like Naruto changed Orochimaru's mind either. Besides Madara is a ghost/astral projection hybrid anyway. Woooo-ooooo.