Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate
 
C4 Karura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Forum Moon
Posts: 4,577
Rep Power: 10
C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

Ok, seriously. In the past few days, people have been all, "Oh, Karin will probabely think it's okay that Sasuke stabbed her to kill Danzo, becuase she's such a fangirl of his. Even if Sakura finds her, she won't say anything becuase she's so blindly loyal to Sasuke." Seriously, READ THE MANGA.

People seem to be forgeting that the past 23 chapters have taken place over one day. Before the attack on the Kage's Summit, it looked like Sasuke was still the way he used to be. Before, he was wouldn't kill people he didn't have a reason to kill. He told his subordinates to avoid killing people. All in all, he was still a "good" guy. After his reappearence in Chapter 449, he looked like he was still the same way. He had that menacing kill-all-of-Konoha speech back in Chapter 416, but the rest of Team Taka didn't know about that.

However, once they attacked the Summit, he started killing people left and right. Karin noticed that his chakra was now colder than when he was in CS2. She started thinking things like, "Sasuke... What's happened to you?", as he left Suigetsu and Jugo to be killed. I guess most people have thought that since she stayed with him through that, she's willing to stay through another sign of how evil he is. That almost might pass as a case, if not for the fact that this all happened over the past few hours.

Assuming that the meeting started around noon (the night before, the Kage's were far enough away that they stayed in Inns and caves), and that Sasuke attacked very shortly after, that means that only 2-4 hours have passed since he started revealing his true self. Karin didn't stay with him becuase she was alright with him ditching Jugo and Suigetsu, it's becuase there wasn't any time for her to take in what was happening. The past few hours have been a whirlwind of emotion and shock for her, as she realizes the truth. Him stabbing her is going to be what finally drives home for her that she can't follow him anymore.

EDIT: To everyone who's saying she won't mind Sasuke stabbing her becuase she was fine following Orochimaru, she's undergone some massive character development since her introduction. She's not the person she was a few months ago.

EDIT 2: Read this whole thread. I know that it's 3 pages long, but I'm having a really good debate with 3littlepigs on this. He's disproved some of my points in the Original Post, but I've come up with several new ones. He has some good points of his own, as well. Anyone looking for a better understanding of the Karin Situation should read through the whole thread.
__________________
Quote:
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/

Last edited by C4 Karura; 01-31-2010 at 09:08 PM.
C4 Karura is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Wooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38,988
Rep Power: 42
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

Well, I don't know if I would describe Karin as a blind fangirl. She's more like a Sasuke's talking medical jutsu. Which is reason enough to want her to be separated from Sasuke, he has enough power as it is.

But you are right only recently has Sasuke transformed into his new role as Sasuke the Insane. So after being stabbed ,Karin could very well abandon him. Though I wouldn't get your hopes up, she could very well be dead.
Wooster is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate
 
C4 Karura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Forum Moon
Posts: 4,577
Rep Power: 10
C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

She could be dead, but it doesn't seem like Kishi to kill off a supporting character like that.
__________________
Quote:
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/
C4 Karura is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Wooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38,988
Rep Power: 42
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

Really? He seems to have some sort of perverse glee in killing minor characters. But yes, she may not be dead.
Wooster is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
Yuuta
Chunin
 
Yuuta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: X
Posts: 1,091
Rep Power: 0
Yuuta is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

One of my friends seemed to be under the impression that Karin would stand up and say 'Sasuke, you're so cool!'

It made me sick.

I completely agree with you, she's been getting more and more wary of him as he's been fighting in the summit and ditching Suigetsu and Jugo, she's not dumb.
If she survives this, she won't follow him anymore.

Which makes me think that she might fake death so that he'll leave or something, because I don't think he'll just let her go if she happens to live through that.

But then again there's a high chance that she's actually just dead because the creator wants to set Sasuke up as an evil sonofagun that does that to his own teammates, and its worst because of Karin's crush, so he might avoid her internal conflict altogether and just have her be dead.


Personally I'm just worried about the whole thing.
__________________
___
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/o-o| "Bite me, quick!" ~ Karin
/_!_\ You know you like her too.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
`@__
(^_\_) "Flowers of Hope that Never Die"
/_ ! _\ I LOVE Konan, The Lady Angel
Konan might be the most underrated character in Naruto.
____
/o_0\ AAIIIEEE!!!
/_!!_\ I LOVE Shizune

Violence isn't always the answer.
Apprentice - bowserkage
Yuuta is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #6
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Wooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38,988
Rep Power: 42
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

I don't really understand why people either like or hate Karin. She is a rather minor character. It seems to me her only purpose is to heal Sasuke and gives us a window into his mind. I would assume this purpose has now been fulfiled. I would be kinda happy if she die in the sense that Sasuke wouldn't have her anymore, and it's his own stupid fault. Though I don't have malice against Karin herself, she just doesn't matter.
Wooster is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate
 
C4 Karura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Forum Moon
Posts: 4,577
Rep Power: 10
C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

I don't know why, but I've always liked her character, even though it's a minor one. Yes, she hasn't really had much of a deep personality, but that's what I'm hoping this event will change.
__________________
Quote:
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/
C4 Karura is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #8
Yuuta
Chunin
 
Yuuta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: X
Posts: 1,091
Rep Power: 0
Yuuta is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

I like her because I think she's hilarious with her double sidedness and huge crush, she brings a feel Naruto that you don't get with any other character. And she's becoming less and less minor due to her involvement with Sasuke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Karura View Post
I don't know why, but I've always liked her character, even though it's a minor one. Yes, she hasn't really had much of a deep personality, but that's what I'm hoping this event will change.
Yeah, well I'm worried that the creator won't want to expand on her that much and she'll just be dead.
__________________
___
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/o-o| "Bite me, quick!" ~ Karin
/_!_\ You know you like her too.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
`@__
(^_\_) "Flowers of Hope that Never Die"
/_ ! _\ I LOVE Konan, The Lady Angel
Konan might be the most underrated character in Naruto.
____
/o_0\ AAIIIEEE!!!
/_!!_\ I LOVE Shizune

Violence isn't always the answer.
Apprentice - bowserkage
Yuuta is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #9
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate
 
C4 Karura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Forum Moon
Posts: 4,577
Rep Power: 10
C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuta View Post
I like her because I think she's hilarious with her double sidedness and huge crush, she brings a feel Naruto that you don't get with any other character. And she's becoming less and less minor due to her involvement with Sasuke.



Yeah, well I'm worried that the creator won't want to expand on her that much and she'll just be dead.
Yeah. She's played a large enough role in the Five Kages Meeting Arc that I'm not sure if sure if she counts as a Minor Character anymore.

There's always the greater chance that she'll just be dropped out of the story. A year ago (although it's only been a few days in the manga), when Hinata confessed her love to Naruto, everyone was thinking about how Kishi would handle the situation. Instead of doing something to resolve the storyline, he just dropped Hinata out of the story. We'll get a resoulution to the story eventually, but I don't think anyone thought it would take this long. In the same way, we might just get a few pages of Karin after this before she dissapears for a long, long time.
__________________
Quote:
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/
C4 Karura is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #10
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin
 
Hidden Ninja45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Earth, Sol System
Posts: 16,462
Rep Power: 20
Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

Yeah, I agree. Her prespective of Sasuke has entirely changed since the Kage Summit. She was a blind Sasuke fangirl, but the recent events have opened her eyes to the fact that Sasuke has gone completely evil. The final wake up call for her was obviously what happened in the last chapter. If she survives, her days of being a Sasuke fangirl are over. I hope she does survive. I want Karin to die, just not like this.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hidden Ninja45 is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #11
Yuuta
Chunin
 
Yuuta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: X
Posts: 1,091
Rep Power: 0
Yuuta is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Karura View Post
Yeah. She's played a large enough role in the Five Kages Meeting Arc that I'm not sure if sure if she counts as a Minor Character anymore.

There's always the greater chance that she'll just be dropped out of the story. A year ago (although it's only been a few days in the manga), when Hinata confessed her love to Naruto, everyone was thinking about how Kishi would handle the situation. Instead of doing something to resolve the storyline, he just dropped Hinata out of the story. We'll get a resoulution to the story eventually, but I don't think anyone thought it would take this long. In the same way, we might just get a few pages of Karin after this before she dissapears for a long, long time.
Agreed, You're probably right on the money with that one.
__________________
___
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/o-o| "Bite me, quick!" ~ Karin
/_!_\ You know you like her too.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
`@__
(^_\_) "Flowers of Hope that Never Die"
/_ ! _\ I LOVE Konan, The Lady Angel
Konan might be the most underrated character in Naruto.
____
/o_0\ AAIIIEEE!!!
/_!!_\ I LOVE Shizune

Violence isn't always the answer.
Apprentice - bowserkage
Yuuta is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 12:12 PM   #12
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate
 
C4 Karura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Forum Moon
Posts: 4,577
Rep Power: 10
C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

This has almost 50 views!
__________________
Quote:
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/
C4 Karura is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #13
Narutorious
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Narutorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida
Posts: 1,956
Rep Power: 10
Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
I don't really understand why people either like or hate Karin. She is a rather minor character.
What do you mean by that? Hinata is a minor character, and yet she has a lot of fans for some reasons.
Narutorious is online now  
Old 01-30-2010, 12:32 PM   #14
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate
 
C4 Karura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Forum Moon
Posts: 4,577
Rep Power: 10
C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

Come to think of it, Karin's appeared in Part 2 much more than "main" characters like Lee or Hinata!
__________________
Quote:
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/
C4 Karura is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #15
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Wooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38,988
Rep Power: 42
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutorious View Post
What do you mean by that? Hinata is a minor character, and yet she has a lot of fans for some reasons.
Well, Hinata is a character used to bring out a number of Naruto's characteristics, never giving up, standing up for others, etc. So if you like Hinata, you have something to point to. Karin is almost only a plot contrivance to heal Sasuke. In minor cases to look at his chakra so we case "see" what's happening to him. If you like her that's fine, I just don't understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Karura
Come to think of it, Karin's appeared in Part 2 much more than "main" characters like Lee or Hinata!
That's true because Sasuke has been the focus lately. We needed Karin to understand Sasuke. Not so much anymore, Sasuke's insane. This may be hard for fans of other characters, such as Lee and Hinata, but they don't matter anymore. Only Shikimaru matters from the original rookies. Though Kiba and Lee might get some face time soon.

Last edited by Wooster; 01-30-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Wooster is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #16
Narutorious
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Narutorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida
Posts: 1,956
Rep Power: 10
Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Karura View Post
Come to think of it, Karin's appeared in Part 2 much more than "main" characters like Lee or Hinata!
If you want to be technical, there are only 4 characters who are main characters, and that's Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi, everyone else are supporting/side characters or antagonists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Well, Hinata is a character used to bring out a number of Naruto's characteristics, never giving up, standing up for others, etc.
Naruto always had those characteristics, Naruto had brought that out of her and other characters as well.
Narutorious is online now  
Old 01-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #17
mrsticky005
 
mrsticky005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the White Text House
Posts: 14,109
Rep Power: 27
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

She's not blind.
She wears glasses!
mrsticky005 is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #18
3littlepigs
P-Chan
 
3littlepigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 0
3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Karura View Post
Ok, seriously. In the past few days, people have been all, "Oh, Karin will probabely think it's okay that Sasuke stabbed her to kill Danzo, becuase she's such a fangirl of his. Even if Sakura finds her, she won't say anything becuase she's so blindly loyal to Sasuke." Seriously, READ THE MANGA.

People seem to be forgeting that the past 23 chapters have taken place over one day. Before the attack on the Kage's Summit, it looked like Sasuke was still the way he used to be. Before, he was wouldn't kill people he didn't have a reason to kill. He told his subordinates to avoid killing people. All in all, he was still a "good" guy. After his reappearence in Chapter 449, he looked like he was still the same way. He had that menacing kill-all-of-Konoha speech back in Chapter 416, but the rest of Team Taka didn't know about that.

However, once they attacked the Summit, he started killing people left and right. Karin noticed that his chakra was now colder than when he was in CS2. She started thinking things like, "Sasuke... What's happened to you?", as he left Suigetsu and Jugo to be killed. I guess most people have thought that since she stayed with him through that, she's willing to stay through another sign of how evil he is. That almost might pass as a case, if not for the fact that this all happened over the past few hours.

Assuming that the meeting started around noon (the night before, the Kage's were far enough away that they stayed in Inns and caves), and that Sasuke attacked very shortly after, that means that only 2-4 hours have passed since he started revealing his true self. Karin didn't stay with him becuase she was alright with him ditching Jugo and Suigetsu, it's becuase there wasn't any time for her to take in what was happening. The past few hours have been a whirlwind of emotion and shock for her, as she realizes the truth. Him stabbing her is going to be what finally drives home for her that she can't follow him anymore.
I'm one of those people who have said that she's a blind obsessed fool and that she'll probably stand by him even after all this (that's if she survives) and I still think that way even after reading your post. May I remind you that your description makes Karin seem like a complete saint when that's not the case:

1) If she could follow Oro willingly, I'm sure she does not care if Sasuke's a "good" guy or an "evil" guy as long as she likes him.
  • Honestly Karin does not care if people are killed without a just reason...she never cared for all those prisoners that Oro kept there against their will and not only that but she killed a whole bunch of them just so she could "control" the situation. Do you think she admired Sasuke because he didn't want to kill anyone? If he starts killing people that won't make her like him less.
2) She has never liked Suigetsu or Juugo and if it had been up to her Taka would've been just Sasuke and her from the very beginning.
  • As long as she's with Sasuke she obviously doesn't care who's left behind.
3) She mostly judges people based on their "chakra appeal"...which is why she can't stand Suigetsu but she's obsessed with Sasuke.
  • I'm going to say that her being surprised when Sasuke's chakra felt all dark and different wasn't because she liked Sasuke the "good guy" but it was just probably that his chakra didn't have the same appeal for her when he goes dark.
So I have read the manga and I re-read most chapters anyway so maybe you're the one who should go back and read it carefully. You obviously not agree with the comments because you like Karin...it's like people who still say Sasuke's not evil just because they like him
3littlepigs is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 01:54 PM   #19
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Wooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38,988
Rep Power: 42
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutorious View Post
Naruto always had those characteristics, Naruto had brought that out of her and other characters as well.
Of course, she just one of the characters that did this. Her major role was to give Naruto motivation to defeat Neji and, thus, start to be respected by the whole village. After that point, Hinata role is of little importance. But this threads supposed to be about Karin. Besides don't bring the Hinata lovers raining their vengeance upon me, I've already upset the Karin lovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005
She's not blind.
She wears glasses!
Thread over. How can anyone argue with this?

Last edited by Wooster; 01-30-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Wooster is offline  
Old 01-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #20
ShounenLover
Genin
 
ShounenLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: IN YOUR CLOSET.
Posts: 229
Rep Power: 0
ShounenLover is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why Karin Is Not Some Blind Sasuke Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
I'm one of those people who have said that she's a blind obsessed fool and that she'll probably stand by him even after all this (that's if she survives) and I still think that way even after reading your post. May I remind you that your description makes Karin seem like a complete saint when that's not the case:


1) If she could follow Oro willingly, I'm sure she does not care if Sasuke's a "good" guy or an "evil" guy as long as she likes him.
  • Honestly Karin does not care if people are killed without a just reason...she never cared for all those prisoners that Oro kept there against their will and not only that but she killed a whole bunch of them just so she could "control" the situation. Do you think she admired Sasuke because he didn't want to kill anyone? If he starts killing people that won't make her like him less.
2) She has never liked Suigetsu or Juugo and if it had been up to her Taka would've been just Sasuke and her from the very beginning.
  • As long as she's with Sasuke she obviously doesn't care who's left behind.
3) She mostly judges people based on their "chakra appeal"...which is why she can't stand Suigetsu but she's obsessed with Sasuke.
  • I'm going to say that her being surprised when Sasuke's chakra felt all dark and different wasn't because she liked Sasuke the "good guy" but it was just probably that his chakra didn't have the same appeal for her when he goes dark.
So I have read the manga and I re-read most chapters anyway so maybe you're the one who should go back and read it carefully. You obviously not agree with the comments because you like Karin...it's like people who still say Sasuke's not evil just because they like him
I agree with you, but after this, I don't think she'll ever see him the same way again, unless she's completely suicidal and wishes to be used that way again. This being said if she actually survives. She knew Sasuke was becoming way dark,but she really had no idea to what extent, to go as far as sacrificing her life for his revenge and seeing him smile afterwards with no regards towards her.
__________________
If you don't like me now, you probably won't like me later, because I just get worse
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ShounenLover is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.