Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 01-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #41
shinmarubountyhunter
Cradle Robber

shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: DragonBall Z

I loved dragonball z, but watching some of the episodes recently the power ups were too long, not enough drama, when it transitioned from dragonball to dragonball z it was kinda weird with the aliens and what not, and gt killed the series. Other than that i liked the series. The budokai series was cool but, burst limit and raging blast sucked. Raging blast is ruined by super saiyan 3 vegeta

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

shinmarubountyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #42
Deadman 8234
Genin

Deadman 8234 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Post Re: DragonBall Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori_X View Post
Video games: Sorry but to many of their fighting games have far to many Clones.

Anime: Horrible adaption, takes forever for the characters to do anything.

Manga: Decent, but not the best. I just hate it how it turned from a Karate manga (Dragon Ball) to sci fi alien fighting with steroids (Dragon Ball Z).
What do you mean by clones.?

I see your point.

Well the manga shifted directions because they started focusing more on the Saiyans, their history, etc. Well at least thats my opinion.

NINE TAILED SAGE MODE
(<(-|-)> <(-|-)>)

PUT THIS IN UR SIG IF YOU LOVE THE NINE TAILED FOX
/\-----/\
\(|) (|)/
=\_o_/=
KYUUBI: ...NARUTO..."Destroy everything...Destroy everything that hurts you...Give your heart to me...I will save you from the pain..."

Don't blame my egotism on me. I am like a spoiled fat guy. Although I am already fat, everyone just keeps feeding me cupcakes.
Deadman 8234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #43
Deadman 8234
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinmarubountyhunter View Post
I loved dragonball z, but watching some of the episodes recently the power ups were too long, not enough drama, when it transitioned from dragonball to dragonball z it was kinda weird with the aliens and what not, and gt killed the series. Other than that i liked the series. The budokai series was cool but, burst limit and raging blast sucked. Raging blast is ruined by super saiyan 3 vegeta
the power ups really did take along time now that I think about it. But if you look back they would show episodes like that in marathons and not one episode at a time . Do you get what i'm trying to say.?

And the sseries did leave a few unexplained situations here and there.

NINE TAILED SAGE MODE
(<(-|-)> <(-|-)>)

/\-----/\
\(|) (|)/
=\_o_/=
KYUUBI: ...NARUTO..."Destroy everything...Destroy everything that hurts you...Give your heart to me...I will save you from the pain..."

Don't blame my egotism on me. I am like a spoiled fat guy. Although I am already fat, everyone just keeps feeding me cupcakes.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:38 PM   #44
zebrakiller
Special Jonin Candidate

zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrakiller View Post
dbz is great. this is why:
^^^ perfect example of power-up times...takes vegeta almost 5min. to power-up final flash. if u rewatch the series thru the new abridged series its a lot better, minimal power-up tames keeps the action a lot more upbeat.

zebrakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:44 AM   #45
Sasori_X
Chunin Exam Proctor

Sasori_X is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman 8234 View Post
What do you mean by clones.?

I see your point.

Well the manga shifted directions because they started focusing more on the Saiyans, their history, etc. Well at least thats my opinion.
I mean in Budakai Tenkaichi, how is Goku SS1 different from Goku SS2. They're both pretty much the same character and fight almost the same way IMO.

And yeah I agree with your manga statement. But I just hate it how you have to rely on super powerful attacks like Kamemeha wave or Spirit Bomb to actually do any damage to your opponent.

"Snooping as usual I see"- Robotnik and his magnificent pingas

More than happy to add you as a friend.
Sasori_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:45 AM   #46
kentaru
Banned

kentaru is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to kentaru

only this

it paved the way for all animes
kentaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:51 AM   #47
Spartacus
Apple Assassin

Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Spartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentaru View Post
only this

No that was DragonBall big difference right there.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:53 AM   #48
kentaru
Banned

kentaru is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to kentaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
No that was DragonBall big difference right there.
wat i meant was dragonball anime all together put anime on the list in america yea powerups took bout 5 min but the person they were fighting is dumb enough to just stand there instead of beating the out of the person
kentaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #49
shinmarubountyhunter
Cradle Robber

shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
the power ups really did take along time now that I think about it. But if you look back they would show episodes like that in marathons and not one episode at a time . Do you get what i'm trying to say.?

And the sseries did leave a few unexplained situations here and there.
yea i left out one thing how coul an android produce a baby? (android 18 to be specific)

Old 01-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #50
Deadman 8234
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori_X View Post
I mean in Budakai Tenkaichi, how is Goku SS1 different from Goku SS2. They're both pretty much the same character and fight almost the same way IMO.

And yeah I agree with your manga statement. But I just hate it how you have to rely on super powerful attacks like Kamemeha wave or Spirit Bomb to actually do any damage to your opponent.
Well in the series there was never really a SS2 Goku they kinda just skipped to SS3 but the difference is that he has an electric chidori stream type aura around him. Lol.

True, but it makes it more intense in a way. But the only problem with that is if they miss. But that like rarely happens. I see what your trying to say though.

NINE TAILED SAGE MODE
(<(-|-)> <(-|-)>)

/\-----/\
\(|) (|)/
=\_o_/=

Old 01-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #51
Deadman 8234
Genin

Quote:
only this

Yes it did.

NINE TAILED SAGE MODE
(<(-|-)> <(-|-)>)

/\-----/\
\(|) (|)/
=\_o_/=

Old 01-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #52
Deadman 8234
Genin

Quote:
wat i meant was dragonball anime all together put anime on the list in america yea powerups took bout 5 min but the person they were fighting is dumb enough to just stand there instead of beating the out of the person
Which is what made it so intense. Thats usually the part were you get mad and start yelling at the characters Lol.

NINE TAILED SAGE MODE
(<(-|-)> <(-|-)>)

/\-----/\
\(|) (|)/
=\_o_/=

Old 01-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #53
Deadman 8234
Genin

Quote:
yea i left out one thing how coul an android produce a baby? (android 18 to be specific)
That was something that always kept me puzzled. I have no idea. Nonetheless it was pretty awesome you gotta admit.

NINE TAILED SAGE MODE
(<(-|-)> <(-|-)>)

/\-----/\
\(|) (|)/
=\_o_/=

Old 01-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #54
zebrakiller
Special Jonin Candidate

zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
she was originally a human that dr. gero turned into an android, so her entire physiology isn't all machine.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #55
shinmarubountyhunter
Cradle Robber

Quote:
she was originally a human that dr. gero turned into an android, so her entire physiology isn't all machine.
oh ok

Old 01-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #56
Deadman 8234
Genin

Quote:
How did you know that. Lol.

NINE TAILED SAGE MODE
(<(-|-)> <(-|-)>)

/\-----/\
\(|) (|)/
=\_o_/=

Old 01-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #57
zebrakiller
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
How did you know that. Lol.
its in the anime...when the characters see krillin and his daughter they're like" wth how can 18 have a baby??" and krillin says" she was originally a human, etc. etc." not sure if thats in the manga tho.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #58
Deadman 8234
Genin

Quote:
its in the anime...when the characters see krillin and his daughter they're like" wth how can 18 have a baby??" and krillin says" she was originally a human, etc. etc." not sure if thats in the manga tho.
I do not recall that. But ok. Lol.

NINE TAILED SAGE MODE
(<(-|-)> <(-|-)>)

/\-----/\
\(|) (|)/
=\_o_/=