Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default How Do You Create A New Forum?

I'm sure it probably isn't possible for someone of my caliber to be able to create a new forum but I wanted to confirm that I was correct. Please help.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
darkXotaku
Special Jonin Candidate

darkXotaku is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: How Do You Create A New Forum?

you can but idk how. ask rainbowrazor
darkXotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I think I will just wait for somebody to tell me here, I won't go hunting, thanks for the information!
Old 12-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #4
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Do you mean a completely new forum? I know some people here confuse "forum" for "thread" or "post".
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

A new section of the forums.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:31 PM   #6
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

i think he really meant forum...

well you can't create a new forum...only the green guys (that's admin) can...xD
Shkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #7
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Are there certain requirements that you have to meet to get them to do this?
Old 12-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru9 View Post
A new section of the forums.
Ah, you mean Topics. Yup, what shkin said. Just imagine if all members could do that... what a mess that would be.
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #9
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Are there certain requirements that you have to meet to get them to do this?

1: State what you want clearly.
2: provide good sound reasoning for your request and explain how it will help the forums.
3: Convince them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:40 PM   #10
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

I think I'll try it Toma!
Old 01-02-2010, 04:29 AM   #11
JCTKNE4E
has a red hand print on his cheek

JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
I'm sure it probably isn't possible for someone of my caliber to be able to create a new forum but I wanted to confirm that I was correct. Please help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
1: State what you want clearly.
2: provide good sound reasoning for your request and explain how it will help the forums.
3: Convince them.

4. Ensure that your new request is organized. But more importantly, make sure that the topic/theme/reason behind your new forum request cannot reasonably be placed into an already existing section of the forums.

Like if you want to make a chat forum, then just give up, as there are a few sections that you can already chat in, another would be unecessary. Be sure to carefully think out your explanation to them so that they cannot come to the conclusion that an already existing section is suitable for what it is you want.

Good luck!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
they dealed my thread why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
can any1 pm me some yuri please

Quote:
thats why we call you reatard.

Quote:
私は、スーパー倒錯者。
Quote:
supposedly japanese but i have my doubts lol

JCTKNE4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:16 AM   #12
Windking
Banned

Windking is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Windking Send a message via Yahoo to Windking

Try posting your Forum Idea in the Feedback Forum Section.
Windking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #13
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTKNE4E View Post
4. Ensure that your new request is organized. But more importantly, make sure that the topic/theme/reason behind your new forum request cannot reasonably be placed into an already existing section of the forums.

Like if you want to make a chat forum, then just give up, as there are a few sections that you can already chat in, another would be unecessary. Be sure to carefully think out your explanation to them so that they cannot come to the conclusion that an already existing section is suitable for what it is you want.

Good luck!
Sage said no to my request.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #14
Tobi65
Chunin Exam Proctor

Location: mommy, mommy some pervert iz trying to stalking me using the internet!...
Tobi65 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

well what waz your request?...
Old 01-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #15
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi65 View Post
well what waz your request?...
1. I want to make a poem corner with Kizomaru Yukimoto because we seem to be a good team when it comes to making poems. We have decided on it's name to be "ShikaKizo's Poem Corner". We would like it to be placed in the off-topic section that way spammers cannot get any posts even if they do spam.

2. It will help the forums because people will be able to express their feelings through the beautiful art of poetry. This will provide us the wonder of less flamers. I also think that Kizomaru Yukimoto deserves it so I am trying to convince you...

3. I will take care of the topic with Kizomaru Yukimoto and make sure that there are no spammers. We will take all the spammers and Kizomaru will - rep them because my rep power is near nil.

I hope you make the decision that favors me but you may do what you wish, not that it is my place to tell you. Thank you!

~Shikamaru9
Old 01-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #16
InvaderChelsea
Chunin Exam Participant

InvaderChelsea is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to InvaderChelsea Send a message via MSN to InvaderChelsea Send a message via Yahoo to InvaderChelsea Send a message via Skype™ to InvaderChelsea

Doing a poem corner with that person seems a bit selfish if you ask me.
"Die!"
Put this if you love
Tei Sukone!
InvaderChelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #17
Tobi65
Chunin Exam Proctor

Location: mommy, mommy some pervert iz trying to stalking me using the internet!...
Tobi65 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
1. I want to make a poem corner with Kizomaru Yukimoto because we seem to be a good team when it comes to making poems. We have decided on it's name to be "ShikaKizo's Poem Corner". We would like it to be placed in the off-topic section that way spammers cannot get any posts even if they do spam.

2. It will help the forums because people will be able to express their feelings through the beautiful art of poetry. This will provide us the wonder of less flamers. I also think that Kizomaru Yukimoto deserves it so I am trying to convince you...

3. I will take care of the topic with Kizomaru Yukimoto and make sure that there are no spammers. We will take all the spammers and Kizomaru will - rep them because my rep power is near nil.

I hope you make the decision that favors me but you may do what you wish, not that it is my place to tell you. Thank you!

~Shikamaru9
but that waz a good idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderChelsea View Post
Doing a poem corner with that person seems a bit selfish if you ask me.
don't be so mean...
Old 01-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #18
InvaderChelsea
Chunin Exam Participant

InvaderChelsea is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to InvaderChelsea Send a message via MSN to InvaderChelsea Send a message via Yahoo to InvaderChelsea Send a message via Skype™ to InvaderChelsea

But having a forum dedicated to you and that guy that is not even Naruto related, it's selfish.
"Die!"
Put this if you love
Tei Sukone!
InvaderChelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:06 AM   #19
JCTKNE4E
has a red hand print on his cheek

JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Them being allowed to run it would have been slightly selfish to request, yes, as I don't believe they are currently mods, temp mods, or users with infract power. However, as I stated in my response, make sure your request couldn't reasonably fall into another currently existing section's designated topic. In this instance, yours could have simply been a thread posted in Off Topic. It also sounds as if it could easily fall into the Stories, Art, and Fanfictions section, making an entire new section superfluous.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
they dealed my thread why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
can any1 pm me some yuri please

Quote:
thats why we call you reatard.

Quote:
私は、スーパー倒錯者。
Quote:
supposedly japanese but i have my doubts lol

JCTKNE4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:33 AM   #20
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Shika9, how will that help the Naruto Forum? the subforum you were asking for is only for the two of you and has nothing to do with Naruto. Your idea can fit into the Fanfic forums or the off topic. Just make a thread there and see what happens.
Shkin is offline   Reply With Quote