Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2009, 07:46 AM   #3041
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 35,949
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

first off you fail to see sakura hardly ever strikes naruto in part 2. When she does, its how she straightens up a knuckleheaded fool. Its true that she would at the chunin exams call him spazy, but it was more geared to there are 200 hundred ninja you just pissed off, showing concern. LoL I don't know how her comedic scences where she hitts him do anything but strengthen NS.
About Naruto____
1. He doesn't flirt with other women, which is amazing because kohona has tons of beutiful girls.
2.He tried to hide it from Sai,but he failed when doing so.
3. Back in chapter 3, naruto was almost thinking like sakura in an eerie way when she thought about her forehead. This shows if not soulmates, that naruto is crazy for sakura from the get go.As for this whole concept of deserving, who are you to judge that? The fact is I'm trying to read it,but it's just an unintelligent rant because we are debating what happened in the manga. If you have hypothetical theories take them to a fanclub because that wasnt debating
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:48 AM   #3042
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 35,949
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by narugirl View Post
she was too shy, duh..
so his the possibility of his death isn't enough motivation? Well then you just killed your own argument because she will never get over herself to talk to him.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:50 AM   #3043
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 35,949
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightLink20xx View Post
@narugirl

I'll reply to that in a little bit, I have some homework I need to do, but I find your argument fundamentally flawed, though I will admit I've seen those arguments plenty of times. I think what you're missing overall though is the context of Naruto and Sakura's interactions. I'll elaborate later, but you are taking things out of context to make it work towards your vision, rather than taking it for what it's worth.
lol, stupid ps3 cut me off ><
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #3044
flamie_chan
Chunin
 
flamie_chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In a place I fail to mention...
Posts: 1,005
Rep Power: 0
flamie_chan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Maybe I went a bit overboard with the character type thing? -_-

I agree with you bacon.
__________________
spam officer and proud
I don't like people who spam my threads or any of my friends threads. So please keep in mind that I will politely direct you to leave. Keep the peace please!

Fcs you would find me in
The NS, NH & SS debate thread
The Haruno Sakura FC (firegirl's)

my forum siblings
Spoiler:

big bro azmerk, big sis firegirl & big sis major_redd.

NS supporter &proud! Join the NS allience if you love the pair together!
flamie_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #3045
Kagura
Makes Pretty Things
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I used to be firegirl
Posts: 4,206
Rep Power: 9
Kagura has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kagura has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

flamie you are totaly right ^^ sakura is a tomboy character, in part one she tried to hid her true tomboish additude with inner sakura


ex naruto prank on kakashi(she totaly loves it)
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.





Kagura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:00 AM   #3046
flamie_chan
Chunin
 
flamie_chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In a place I fail to mention...
Posts: 1,005
Rep Power: 0
flamie_chan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegirl View Post
flamie you are totaly right ^^ sakura is a tomboy character, in part one she tried to hid her true tomboish additude with inner sakura


ex naruto prank on kakashi(she totaly loves it)
True, I find Rukia is the same in Bleach. It's a typical female Shounen trait. I've read a allot of Shounen's and there's always one whose the tomboy type lol
__________________
spam officer and proud
I don't like people who spam my threads or any of my friends threads. So please keep in mind that I will politely direct you to leave. Keep the peace please!

Fcs you would find me in
The NS, NH & SS debate thread
The Haruno Sakura FC (firegirl's)

my forum siblings
Spoiler:

big bro azmerk, big sis firegirl & big sis major_redd.

NS supporter &proud! Join the NS allience if you love the pair together!
flamie_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:01 AM   #3047
Kagura
Makes Pretty Things
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I used to be firegirl
Posts: 4,206
Rep Power: 9
Kagura has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kagura has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamie_chan View Post
True, I find Rukia is the same in Bleach. It's a typical female Shounen trait.

true rukia is a tomboy but that woman is obssed with chappy
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.





Kagura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:02 AM   #3048
flamie_chan
Chunin
 
flamie_chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In a place I fail to mention...
Posts: 1,005
Rep Power: 0
flamie_chan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegirl View Post
true rukia is a tomboy but that woman is obssed with chappy
lol yeah, but back onto topic XD
__________________
spam officer and proud
I don't like people who spam my threads or any of my friends threads. So please keep in mind that I will politely direct you to leave. Keep the peace please!

Fcs you would find me in
The NS, NH & SS debate thread
The Haruno Sakura FC (firegirl's)

my forum siblings
Spoiler:

big bro azmerk, big sis firegirl & big sis major_redd.

NS supporter &proud! Join the NS allience if you love the pair together!
flamie_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:25 AM   #3049
♥Mira Blossom♥
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
♥Mira Blossom♥'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the process of dragging Sasuke to Karoake♥
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 9
♥Mira Blossom♥ is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to ♥Mira Blossom♥
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
]Sakura's Character Type

Highlighted aspects of her character

The Tomboy
Tough and independent, with a short fuse and a tendency to beat the stuffing out of the hero with very little provocation. Often, the Tomboy claims to have no interest in the hero, even when her attraction to him is painfully obvious. She's usually the primary love interest, and if the hero is forced to choose a mate by the end of the series he will almost certainly pick her. Their inevitable union does nothing to solve the central mysteries of the Tomboy: Why would a spirited, outgoing girl be attracted to a boy with the personality of a wet dishrag? And why would a boy
This is why I dont support the couple as a whole. It's a cliche and overused plot and I wish one time someone would change it up, make it interesting, but unfortunately I believe it will be the same. I just find it boring, to say the least.
♥Mira Blossom♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:32 AM   #3050
Kagura
Makes Pretty Things
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I used to be firegirl
Posts: 4,206
Rep Power: 9
Kagura has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kagura has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Mira Blossom♥ View Post
This is why I dont support the couple as a whole. It's a cliche and overused plot and I wish one time someone would change it up, make it interesting, but unfortunately I believe it will be the same. I just find it boring, to say the least.

jeez i hate this agument


ok its not
its more of a trope alot of mangaka do do this i mean its not that cliche since sakura in part 2 is more dere dere and layback compair to part one sakura. she only hit him 3 times in the manga in part 2 but is showing more of soft side torwds naruto. sasusaku fan like the unpriditable of sasuke and sakura to me that can go for any sasuke paring. but this is narusaku not sasusaku or naruhina which i think is cliche in shoujo mangas which they seem to think their reading.

naruto and sakura to me are the most unpredictable characters iv ever read, sometimes its seems in part one that sakura grows affection since she did blush a few times but still adore sasuke. naruto hiding his feelings shows that hes dosent know what he want either sakura love or her happyness and his selflessness always win. some times i dont know what theses two would do next but yeah their cliche look at kagome and inyuyaha they had a love triagle not as crazy but all these things are cliche

really the guy just wants drama
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.





Kagura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:40 AM   #3051
♥Mira Blossom♥
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
♥Mira Blossom♥'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the process of dragging Sasuke to Karoake♥
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 9
♥Mira Blossom♥ is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to ♥Mira Blossom♥
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegirl View Post
jeez i hate this agument


ok its not
its more of a trope alot of mangaka do do this i mean its not that cliche since sakura in part 2 is more dere dere and layback compair to part one sakura. she only hit him 3 times in the manga in part 2 but is showing more of soft side torwds naruto. sasusaku fan like the unpriditable of sasuke and sakura to me that can go for any sasuke paring. but this is narusaku not sasusaku or naruhina which i think is cliche in shoujo mangas which they seem to think their reading.

naruto and sakura to me are the most unpredictable characters iv ever read, sometimes its seems in part one that sakura grows affection since she did blush a few times but still adore sasuke. naruto hiding his feelings shows that hes dosent know what he want either sakura love or her happyness and his selflessness always win. some times i dont know what theses two would do next but yeah their cliche look at kagome and inyuyaha they had a love triagle not as crazy but all these things are cliche

really the guy just wants drama
You just proved my points. In other mangas this is how the story goes.

Main girl likes an emo boy who treats them like crap
Main girl hits Main boy hiding affection
Emo Boy does something or in this case leaves the village
Main girl starts to acknowledge and recognize Main Boy
Main Girl develops feelings for the Main Boy
Main Girl X Main Boy

NaruHina and SasuSaku are both cliche, ill admit that, but NaruSaku is the most overused plot and you cant say it isnt

At the end of stories the Main Girl always loves the Main Boy and they become a canon pairing.

WHY does everything have to be so predictable? Anyone will say that NaruSaku is the most predictable pairing in the whole shounen manga.

Ill even make a whole thread on it, and lets see votes there. Ill bet that NaruSaku will have the most.
♥Mira Blossom♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #3052
Kagura
Makes Pretty Things
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I used to be firegirl
Posts: 4,206
Rep Power: 9
Kagura has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kagura has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Mira Blossom♥ View Post
You just proved my points. In other mangas this is how the story goes.

Main girl likes an emo boy who treats them like crap
Main girl hits Main boy hiding affection
Emo Boy does something or in this case leaves the village
Main girl starts to acknowledge and recognize Main Boy
Main Girl develops feelings for the Main Boy
Main Girl X Main Boy

NaruHina and SasuSaku are both cliche, ill admit that, but NaruSaku is the most overused plot and you cant say it isnt

At the end of stories the Main Girl always loves the Main Boy and they become a canon pairing.

WHY does everything have to be so predictable? Anyone will say that NaruSaku is the most predictable pairing in the whole shounen manga.

Ill even make a whole thread on it, and lets see votes there. Ill bet that NaruSaku will have the most.
\

look mira i didnt say it was an cliche but a TROPE

its apart of the manga, and lots of magakas do it in their own way

i dont want other peole opinons i just stick with my own

oh and for record i think kishi trying a shoujo in it with the whole love triagle thing

oh and if you want clichie here it is

shy girl meets happy boy

shy girl learns to be OPENbecause of happy boy (which i still dont see hinata having that because shes still in the backround.)

happy boy has dark secret, shy girl wants to help(still where is hinata help)

shy girl falls in love with happy boy because of his flaws(which hinata does not see but idols it)

happy for shy girl because of her help

and they live happly ever after


SASUSAKU i used a fan so this is what i thought

happy insercure girl inlove with jerk boy(who dosent give a danm about the girl only as a friend)

jerk boys sees the happy insercure girls love(i think sasuke knew sakura liked him alot more tha a fan girl before the confession)

jerk boy starts to ask she loves him

happy insercure girl says because all the good he does(NEVER SAW IN THE MANGA WHAT SHE THOUGHT WAS GOOD ABOUT HIM EXCEPT HES CUTE AND A GENIUS. when she started seeing his flaws thats when she started to have fear from sasuke)


boy crys and girl hugs

haply ever after
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.






Last edited by Kagura; 12-30-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Kagura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:51 AM   #3053
♥Mira Blossom♥
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
♥Mira Blossom♥'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the process of dragging Sasuke to Karoake♥
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 9
♥Mira Blossom♥ is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to ♥Mira Blossom♥
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Well in all truth, its not opinions, because it is cliche. Any pairing that happens in

this manga are going to be cliche, to say the least. No pairing idea hasnt been

overused, and beaten to death. So, any couple were routing for SasuSaku,

NaruSaku, NaruHina, are all cliche and can be proven to be so. So, its not

opinions, they are facts.
♥Mira Blossom♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:00 AM   #3054
Kagura
Makes Pretty Things
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I used to be firegirl
Posts: 4,206
Rep Power: 9
Kagura has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kagura has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Mira Blossom♥ View Post
Well in all truth, its not opinions, because it is cliche. Any pairing that happens in

this manga are going to be cliche, to say the least. No pairing idea hasnt been

overused, and beaten to death. So, any couple were routing for SasuSaku,

NaruSaku, NaruHina, are all cliche and can be proven to be so. So, its not

opinions, they are facts.

why are you making it a huge agument if their all cliche it is a pathetic argument because their all cliche
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.





Kagura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #3055
♥Mira Blossom♥
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
♥Mira Blossom♥'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the process of dragging Sasuke to Karoake♥
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 9
♥Mira Blossom♥ is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to ♥Mira Blossom♥
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegirl View Post
why are you making it a huge agument if their all cliche it is a pathetic argument because their all cliche
All im trying to prove is that, NaruSaku is the most cliche. Thats why I dislike the pairing.

Moving on now....


We need another topic to debate about.
♥Mira Blossom♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #3056
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 35,949
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Mira Blossom♥ View Post
All im trying to prove is that, NaruSaku is the most cliche. Thats why I dislike the pairing.

Moving on now....


We need another topic to debate about.
you need to stop spamming
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #3057
TwilightLink20xx
Genin Elite
 
TwilightLink20xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Unknown in the USA
Posts: 449
Rep Power: 10
TwilightLink20xx is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Mira Blossom♥ View Post
You just proved my points. In other mangas this is how the story goes.

Main girl likes an emo boy who treats them like crap
Main girl hits Main boy hiding affection
Emo Boy does something or in this case leaves the village
Main girl starts to acknowledge and recognize Main Boy
Main Girl develops feelings for the Main Boy
Main Girl X Main Boy

NaruHina and SasuSaku are both cliche, ill admit that, but NaruSaku is the most overused plot and you cant say it isnt

At the end of stories the Main Girl always loves the Main Boy and they become a canon pairing.

WHY does everything have to be so predictable? Anyone will say that NaruSaku is the most predictable pairing in the whole shounen manga.

Ill even make a whole thread on it, and lets see votes there. Ill bet that NaruSaku will have the most.
I hate to say it Mira, but it's unfortunately because it's what usually happens in real life. It is believeable. As for the main X main, that's a writing dynamic, and is NOT a cliche. If anything is cliche, it is indeed "guy likes girl, girl hates guy, falls for him eventually", but it's been used so much, it ceases to be cliche, it is now a archetype called the "Love Triangle". Now, the end result of the love triangle is not always set in stone, but usually it will go towads the one who's willing to put everything on the line, and Naruto's already proven that, so yes, it's easy to predict that he's going to win.

One thing you have to remember is the audience. A shounen isn't going to have the side character "win", why would they? The main character is going to get the girl, that's just normally how it works out. Why? Because we as the readers are supposed to sympathyse with the main character: his wants ought to be our wants, his conflicts ought to be our conflicts. For this reason, it isn't an issue of cliche or not, unless there is a conflict for the main character, then there is no reason to believe that he will end up with someone else other than who he wants to be with.

Anyways, this is why the love triangle usually ends with the main guy wining: He treats the girl with respect and the title is usually a morality tale. Naruto is a morality tale through and through; Kishimoto has kept things black and white until now, with Sasuke in that transitioning from grey to black. The only way Sakura could end up with Sasuke is if Sasuke's character changed completely, and at that point, we have different dynamics.

And still, I dobut Sakura still holds 3 year old romantic feelings. I do believe that Sakura still loves Sasuke in a more platonic sense, but she would be the first to say that she and Sasuke were NOT close (actually, she DID, just before he left the village), and it's clear that her and Naruto are far closer. A romantic bond is a close bond, it's one that can only be rivaled by familial bonds, but those are still completely different bonds, and cannot be truly compaired. With this in mind, THAT is why NaruSaku has the upper hand and why it is the way Kishimoto is going. Think about it, do you REALLY think that a gal with a jerk guy is a healthy relationship? I've seen this happen in real life plenty of times, and these relationships usually turn ugly. Fast.
__________________
Oh, but I could never prove this illusion, you aren't the one that I thought you were. For too long I've embraced this illusion, the line that separates us starts to blur........

(Red - Death of Me)

Proud Suporter of NaruSaku, SasuKarin and Sasuke X Nobody.

NaruSaku, SasuSaku or NaruHina that likes to debate?

Join us in:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TwilightLink20xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #3058
Major_Redd
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Major_Redd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In my red world...
Posts: 1,767
Rep Power: 9
Major_Redd saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Mira Blossom♥ View Post
Well in all truth, its not opinions, because it is cliche. Any pairing that happens in

this manga are going to be cliche, to say the least. No pairing idea hasnt been

overused, and beaten to death. So, any couple were routing for SasuSaku,

NaruSaku, NaruHina, are all cliche and can be proven to be so. So, its not

opinions, they are facts.
... you do realize you're knocking the credibility of your own pairings right?


Cliche is such an ugly word, for any pairing. I don't get how "cliche" is really an argument against one pairing from happening in the plot.

Anyway, is NaruSaku really that cliche? I mean cliche implies that some theme has been taken and beaten to death countless times. However, NS is not all that repetitious. What I've seen referred to is the typical "boy likes girl/girl hates boy/boy pursues girl/girl finally accepts boy."

Besides, it's not like Sakura totally hated Naruto in Part I, in fact the presence of Inner Sakura (yeah, i don't recall seeing this theme before) stands for all of Sakura's repressed thoughts and feelings. In fact, it was this side of her that even loved Naruto's pranks. So no, I don't see her gradually warming up to him, she seems to have always had a suppressed fondness.

In case you haven't noticed, what sets NS apart is that Naruto is NOT pursuing Sakura and is not making any confessions to her. Instead he is standing back in lieu of her happiness. That is a theme I cannot recall seeing too much of.

If we still want to talk about cliche, let's look at the ideal SS/NH.

SS: girl loves boy/boy acts coldly towards boy/girl gradually warms boys heart/they fall in love.

NH: girl loves boy/boy is oblivious/girl strives for acknowledgement/boy finally notices girl/they fall in love.

Personally, from my experience I find the arguments for SS/NH to be far more cliche than, main girl x main boy.
__________________
~Forum*Family~
Spoiler:

Big Sis & Best Friend firegirl
Big Bro azmerk Big Sis MelisaArtemis Lil Sis flamie_chan

Redd Heart
*~The Little Red Queenie~*

`@_
(^_^')) "Let these be the Flowers of Hope that never die."
/_ ! _\ Redd's madly in love with Konan, the Lady Angel. ~

Last edited by Major_Redd; 12-30-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Major_Redd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #3059
♥Mira Blossom♥
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
♥Mira Blossom♥'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the process of dragging Sasuke to Karoake♥
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 9
♥Mira Blossom♥ is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to ♥Mira Blossom♥
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon_army17 View Post
you need to stop spamming
How am I spamming? I was trying to spark a debate
♥Mira Blossom♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:24 AM   #3060
♥Mira Blossom♥
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
♥Mira Blossom♥'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the process of dragging Sasuke to Karoake♥
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 9
♥Mira Blossom♥ is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to ♥Mira Blossom♥
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightLink20xx View Post
Quote:
I hate to say it Mira, but it's unfortunately because it's what usually happens in real life. It is believeable. As for the main X main, that's a writing dynamic, and is NOT a cliche. If anything is cliche, it is indeed "guy likes girl, girl hates guy, falls for him eventually", but it's been used so much, it ceases to be cliche, it is now a archetype called the "Love Triangle". Now, the end result of the love triangle is not always set in stone, but usually it will go towads the one who's willing to put everything on the line, and Naruto's already proven that, so yes, it's easy to predict that he's going to win.

One thing you have to remember is the audience. A shounen isn't going to have the side character "win", why would they? The main character is going to get the girl, that's just normally how it works out. Why? Because we as the readers are supposed to sympathyse with the main character: his wants ought to be our wants, his conflicts ought to be our conflicts. For this reason, it isn't an issue of cliche or not, unless there is a conflict for the main character, then there is no reason to believe that he will end up with someone else other than who he wants to be with.
I agree with most of this, but what about what the Main Girl wants? What if she doesnt want the Main Guy? Although its more likely that she falls in love with him, why does she have to? Why is it all about the Main Guys feelings, its not only about his, to make a relationship you need a mutual feelings there, if the Main Girl doesnt return them, and he wants her, that wont make a good relationship.
Quote:
Quote:
Anyways, this is why the love triangle usually ends with the main guy wining: He treats the girl with respect and the title is usually a morality tale. Naruto is a morality tale through and through; Kishimoto has kept things black and white until now, with Sasuke in that transitioning from grey to black. The only way Sakura could end up with Sasuke is if Sasuke's character changed completely, and at that point, we have different dynamics.
And still, I dobut Sakura still holds 3 year old romantic feelings. I do believe that Sakura still loves Sasuke in a more platonic sense, but she would be the first to say that she and Sasuke were NOT close (actually, she DID, just before he left the village), and it's clear that her and Naruto are far closer. A romantic bond is a close bond, it's one that can only be rivaled by familial bonds, but those are still completely different bonds, and cannot be truly compaired. With this in mind, THAT is why NaruSaku has the upper hand and why it is the way Kishimoto is going. Think about it, do you REALLY think that a gal with a jerk guy is a healthy relationship? I've seen this happen in real life plenty of times, and these relationships usually turn ugly. Fast.
I have to agreee, but what if the Main girl doesnt hold the same romantic feelings and is trying to pull off a relationship with a boy who might find out she just thinks of him as a close brother or sibling figure. Thats not a healthy relationship is it?
Of course, this goes for SasuSaku and NaruHina as well. But, at least we know Sakura loves Sasuke, we just dont know how. and we dont know for sure if she loves Naruto at all.
^....
♥Mira Blossom♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
debating, naruhina, narusaku, pairings, sasusaku


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (1 members and 6 guests)
Elicit
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.