Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #21
Amani
Chunin Exam Participant

Amani is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The legendary Sannin vs Pein

My vote goes out for the Sannin. Pein barely beat Jiraiya, and even when he did, it was a tough fight. But THREE people, all of whom are Sannin? Hahaha, he'd get his BUTT kicked!

Heck, Naruto kicked Pein's butt!
/_!_\ Put this on your siggy if you love Deidara.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #22
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amani View Post
My vote goes out for the Sannin. Pein barely beat Jiraiya, and even when he did, it was a tough fight. But THREE people, all of whom are Sannin? Hahaha, he'd get his BUTT kicked!

Heck, Naruto kicked Pein's butt!
Pain barely defeated Jiraiya? He used 3 out of his 6 bodies, and only one of them was Top 3 combatwise. He didn't even use Deva or Asura, his two strongest bodies. Yeah it was a really tough fight, right after Jiraiya took out 3 bodies Asura blew his arm off and Jiraiya got stomped frmo there.

Naruto won against Pain solely due to plot, Pain only lost since he sought to capture, not kill. If he was bloodlusted then he could've killed naruto like 5 times during the fight.

Anyway, bloodlusted Pain wins, Chibaku Tensei and GG.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #23
Frost ninja
debates with determination

Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee_112713 View Post
Pain barely defeated Jiraiya? He used 3 out of his 6 bodies, and only one of them was Top 3 combatwise. He didn't even use Deva or Asura, his two strongest bodies. Yeah it was a really tough fight, right after Jiraiya took out 3 bodies Asura blew his arm off and Jiraiya got stomped frmo there.

Naruto won against Pain solely due to plot, Pain only lost since he sought to capture, not kill. If he was bloodlusted then he could've killed naruto like 5 times during the fight.

Anyway, bloodlusted Pain wins, Chibaku Tensei and GG.
Chibaku Tensei isnt quite GG. Takes all of the pains and sannin and put them into a ball for containment, which is nifty fine... I mean, unless Orochimaru decided to kill one of his partners in the ball for Edo tensai.
Bring back Sage of the Six Paths, then its GG for the other team, but lol...

Do you think Deva path can solo orochimaru while he's still recharging?
Because orochimaru can do "Leech All Creation: Attack Prevention" and combine with the ball of rock it makes, then he can just literally come out of it. Maybe pop out some boss summons mid air like madna and eight-headed snake. Then maybe Sea of Snakes and Myriad Snake Net formation. After flooding the entire area, simply sort through the snakes and find deva, chakra seal and wreck it from there.

If its possible, then wouldnt that mean the sannin win?
Also lulz at orochimaru just slipping out and leaving jirayia and tsunade in there.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #24
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost ninja View Post
Chibaku Tensei isnt quite GG. Takes all of the pains and sannin and put them into a ball for containment, which is nifty fine... I mean, unless Orochimaru decided to kill one of his partners in the ball for Edo tensai.
Bring back Sage of the Six Paths, then its GG for the other team, but lol...

Do you think Deva path can solo orochimaru while he's still recharging?
Because orochimaru can do "Leech All Creation: Attack Prevention" and combine with the ball of rock it makes, then he can just literally come out of it. Maybe pop out some boss summons mid air like madna and eight-headed snake. Then maybe Sea of Snakes and Myriad Snake Net formation. After flooding the entire area, simply sort through the snakes and find deva, chakra seal and wreck it from there.

If its possible, then wouldnt that mean the sannin win?
Also lulz at orochimaru just slipping out and leaving jirayia and tsunade in there.
OK, say Orochimaru DOES slip out of the ball. What then? The second he comes out the other side he gets sucked back in by the gravitational pull. There is literally NOTHING the Sannin have to counter CT. Nothing. Not only would the gravitational pull crush them all under the weight of hundreds of tons of debris, but the shockwave and explosion would easily take out both the Sannin and most of the surrounding countryside.

Hence, Chibaku Tensei, GG.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #25
Frost ninja

Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
OK, say Orochimaru DOES slip out of the ball. What then? The second he comes out the other side he gets sucked back in by the gravitational pull. There is literally NOTHING the Sannin have to counter CT. Nothing. Not only would the gravitational pull crush them all under the weight of hundreds of tons of debris, but the shockwave and explosion would easily take out both the Sannin and most of the surrounding countryside.

Hence, Chibaku Tensei, GG.
Thats easy, once he gets out of the ball there is no more gravitational pull.

If there were more of a pull there wouldnt be a formed ball now would there? There would be more and more added. Its not sage's ball, its Deva's which isnt near as strong.

Besides, 8 tails punched his way out of the ball which left an open area for the gravity to pull through but he didnt get pulled back in. Its made so things cant get out, once they do theres nothing really keeping them in.
Also orochimaru wouldnt get crushed. He can slip into a rock using the jutsu I mentioned and then just course his way through the wall of the ball. Then he pops out of the other side and basically what I said before.

On the note of the explosion and the shockwave, Orochimaru is already part of the ball so the shockwave wont affect him... and what explosion exactly? I didnt see one.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #26
shikamarulover18
Veteran Chunin

shikamarulover18 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

okay but for those of you who think pain would win, are you aware that if you think the sannin can beat pain, that in turn, you are implying that naruto alone could take on all the sannin? because logically, naruto beats pain, and pain could supposedly beat the sannin, so then, naruto could single-handedly beat the sannin?? i think that's a bit of a stretch..

i think the sannin would win because they would all do their summons, jaraiya goes into SM, orochimaru reanimates a few hokages, and bam--we have a win for the sannin. pain even said that jaraiya alone could beat him if he had known his secret.

Forum Family: Ishtar (brother), ~blackstar~ (sister), i_love_kakashi (father), JapaneseAnimeForLife (little bro), Sasukegal (big sis), TOKIE_TOKIE (cousin), konan9 (sister, naruto_jock (sketchy neighbor)

(./_\.) Mangekyo Sharingan!!!
/_!_\ Put this on your siggy if you love Itachi
<3Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, Kisuke, Byakuya, Ichigo, Ishida, Renji, Hanataro, Aizen, and Noba<3
Old 12-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #27
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamarulover18 View Post
okay but for those of you who think pain would win, are you aware that if you think the sannin can beat pain, that in turn, you are implying that naruto alone could take on all the sannin? because logically, naruto beats pain, and pain could supposedly beat the sannin, so then, naruto could single-handedly beat the sannin?? i think that's a bit of a stretch..

i think the sannin would win because they would all do their summons, jaraiya goes into SM, orochimaru reanimates a few hokages, and bam--we have a win for the sannin. pain even said that jaraiya alone could beat him if he had known his secret.
I'm tired of hearing that Pain could be soloed by Jiraiya. He can't be soloed by Jiraiya. Pain was referring to the fact that if Jiriaya had known there were more than the three Pain's he took out he could have hunted down one by one the rest of the Path's and beaten them. In solo fights Jiraiya can take all the Paths with the possible exception of Deva.

As for Naruto beating the Sannin, that isn't nearly as much of a stretch as you seem to think. Four Tails was shown to take out base Jiraiya with about one solid hit. Of course it was a surprise hit against him, but it just shows how much damage Naruto can do as the four tails. He also was beating Orochimaru pretty easily in Four tails, and probably would have done so if the fight had been to the death. Now imagine that happening in Eight tails. It's safe to assume that when Naruto is eight tails he's twice as strong as when in four tails, if not stronger. That means Orochimaru is overly screwed no matter what, SM Jiraiya gets speedblitzed, powerhoused, and thoroughly raped, and Tsunade dies from looking at Naruto because she sucks.

Now, as for Frosts' statement that when Orochimaru leaves the CT: Eight tails Naruto is both denser and larger than Orochimaru by massive amounts, not to mention multiple times more powerful. You cannot compare the eight tails to Orochimaru at all. I also fail to see how if Orochimaru morphed into the rocks that he still wouldn't be crushed, since tons of pressure is crushing the rocks as well. He'd become gravel in seconds. Orochimaru cannot survive becoming gravel.

As for the explosion part I was talking about the fact that Pain could just smash the CT into the ground and release the Jutsu, causing the entire thing to basically explode. It would be like setting on the largest grenade ever. Sorry, I should have explained that. Either way, there is no way Orochimaru can survive something like the explosion or the massive pressure of being inside the CT to begin with.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #28
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I'm tired of hearing that Pain could be soloed by Jiraiya. He can't be soloed by Jiraiya. Pain was referring to the fact that if Jiriaya had known there were more than the three Pain's he took out he could have hunted down one by one the rest of the Path's and beaten them. In solo fights Jiraiya can take all the Paths with the possible exception of Deva.

As for Naruto beating the Sannin, that isn't nearly as much of a stretch as you seem to think. Four Tails was shown to take out base Jiraiya with about one solid hit. Of course it was a surprise hit against him, but it just shows how much damage Naruto can do as the four tails. He also was beating Orochimaru pretty easily in Four tails, and probably would have done so if the fight had been to the death. Now imagine that happening in Eight tails. It's safe to assume that when Naruto is eight tails he's twice as strong as when in four tails, if not stronger. That means Orochimaru is overly screwed no matter what, SM Jiraiya gets speedblitzed, powerhoused, and thoroughly raped, and Tsunade dies from looking at Naruto because she sucks.

Now, as for Frosts' statement that when Orochimaru leaves the CT: Eight tails Naruto is both denser and larger than Orochimaru by massive amounts, not to mention multiple times more powerful. You cannot compare the eight tails to Orochimaru at all. I also fail to see how if Orochimaru morphed into the rocks that he still wouldn't be crushed, since tons of pressure is crushing the rocks as well. He'd become gravel in seconds. Orochimaru cannot survive becoming gravel.

As for the explosion part I was talking about the fact that Pain could just smash the CT into the ground and release the Jutsu, causing the entire thing to basically explode. It would be like setting on the largest grenade ever. Sorry, I should have explained that. Either way, there is no way Orochimaru can survive something like the explosion or the massive pressure of being inside the CT to begin with.
Agreed about Jirayia soloing pain, though he did a good job of fending him off.

Now for my section: I'm not just stating how he got out and why gravity didnt affect HIM. He broke a hole in the ball, but nothing filled that gap. Thus, there was no longer a gravitational pull outside of the ball.

As far as him surviving becoming gravel, He could just pass into the rock layers being set on. In fact, once they condense enough they become one mass. This dosent compress orochimaru to gravel... if anything it makes it even easier for him to move around in the ball.

If he drops the thing, orochi wont get hurt. Once it comes in contact with the ground, orochi can just slip into the earth. I'm actually not wanking this one, with the solid mass it'll be like swimming. Once it hits the ground, orochi just slips from one part of earth to the next.

As far as the comparison goes, naruto needed 8 tails to break out when orochimaru can just morph through it and come out the other side.

I dont think Deva can just drop it either. Once nagato uses something of this proportion, he loses control of Deva for several minutes. So after using it, it gives orochimaru a nice open window to come out and attack Deva. Once deva is gone, then orochimaru only has Nagato to take care of.

So in full respectful responce, Orochimaru could actually survive both the explosion and the pressure.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #29
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

Quote:
Agreed about Jirayia soloing pain, though he did a good job of fending him off.

Now for my section: I'm not just stating how he got out and why gravity didnt affect HIM. He broke a hole in the ball, but nothing filled that gap. Thus, there was no longer a gravitational pull outside of the ball.

As far as him surviving becoming gravel, He could just pass into the rock layers being set on. In fact, once they condense enough they become one mass. This dosent compress orochimaru to gravel... if anything it makes it even easier for him to move around in the ball.

If he drops the thing, orochi wont get hurt. Once it comes in contact with the ground, orochi can just slip into the earth. I'm actually not wanking this one, with the solid mass it'll be like swimming. Once it hits the ground, orochi just slips from one part of earth to the next.

As far as the comparison goes, naruto needed 8 tails to break out when orochimaru can just morph through it and come out the other side.

I dont think Deva can just drop it either. Once nagato uses something of this proportion, he loses control of Deva for several minutes. So after using it, it gives orochimaru a nice open window to come out and attack Deva. Once deva is gone, then orochimaru only has Nagato to take care of.

So in full respectful responce, Orochimaru could actually survive both the explosion and the pressure.
Alright, say he does get past CT somehow. I'm not saying he could, I'm just saying what if. How does he beat Nagato himself? He's a more than capable ninja possesing the Rinnegan. It's been stated that Nagato himself can use all the powers of the Six Paths, and he can also summon that giant dragon statue thing to suck out souls. The blast from that thing could easily take Orochimaru if he's by himself. Chakra disruption blades would trump Kusenagi Sword, since Orochimaru would have no chakra control to back up any attacks made with the blade. Basically even if he survives CT he can't beat Nagato singlehandedly, and likely can't even beat him with Edo Tensei prep time.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #30
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Alright, say he does get past CT somehow. I'm not saying he could, I'm just saying what if. How does he beat Nagato himself? He's a more than capable ninja possesing the Rinnegan. It's been stated that Nagato himself can use all the powers of the Six Paths, and he can also summon that giant dragon statue thing to suck out souls. The blast from that thing could easily take Orochimaru if he's by himself. Chakra disruption blades would trump Kusenagi Sword, since Orochimaru would have no chakra control to back up any attacks made with the blade. Basically even if he survives CT he can't beat Nagato singlehandedly, and likely can't even beat him with Edo Tensei prep time.
Pretty simple, if we're saying he got out of the CT.

Nagato himself can make the giant dragon state that has one shot basically before Nagato is out of it. If your proposing he uses it, what stops orochimaru from simply doing the Leech All Creation back into the earth itself and coming back up by Nagato?

Nagato wont be able to stop Orochimaru thanks to the strain, and all of the other pains are either disabled or dead.

Chakra disruption blades? You do realize theres only one of them now, yes? Its doubtful Nagato himself can even do much since CT puts so much strain on him, and when you have a sword to stab somebody with, chakra disrupters wont mean much since he'd have to be close to land it anyways. And after he's dead, the disrupters wont matter much anymore since theres no chakra flow to them.

Deva wont be apt to stop Orochimaru either, he cant use any of his skills or techs for a good few minutes. Shadow clone, stab, move on.

As far as Nagato goes he may be a skilled ninja on his own, however using CT and fighting afterwards just wouldnt work for him. After all that strain and exhaustion, in fact, orochimaru could probably white snake body swap with him and have the rinnegan, sharingan, and byakugan. He'd basically reach his goal then and become the ultimate being.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #31
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

Quote:
Pretty simple, if we're saying he got out of the CT.

Nagato himself can make the giant dragon state that has one shot basically before Nagato is out of it. If your proposing he uses it, what stops orochimaru from simply doing the Leech All Creation back into the earth itself and coming back up by Nagato?

Nagato wont be able to stop Orochimaru thanks to the strain, and all of the other pains are either disabled or dead.

Chakra disruption blades? You do realize theres only one of them now, yes? Its doubtful Nagato himself can even do much since CT puts so much strain on him, and when you have a sword to stab somebody with, chakra disrupters wont mean much since he'd have to be close to land it anyways. And after he's dead, the disrupters wont matter much anymore since theres no chakra flow to them.

Deva wont be apt to stop Orochimaru either, he cant use any of his skills or techs for a good few minutes. Shadow clone, stab, move on.

As far as Nagato goes he may be a skilled ninja on his own, however using CT and fighting afterwards just wouldnt work for him. After all that strain and exhaustion, in fact, orochimaru could probably white snake body swap with him and have the rinnegan, sharingan, and byakugan. He'd basically reach his goal then and become the ultimate being.
You are severly underestimating Nagato. Remember that after he used both CT, fought for hours via the Paths, and fought Naruto, he still had the strength to revive the entire Hidden Leaf Village. That's the equivalent of giving life to hundreds, if not thousands, of people all at once. Given, it did kill him, but the fact that he could even accomplish something like that means he's got insane durability, and the strain isn't as great as you're proposing. Also, Orochimaru can't just spam Leech to beat Nagato. Otherwise he'd be the same as Tobi in the sense that he can't be hit by any attack. Also, Nagato doesn't have to use the dragon. He could just as easily gravity smash Orochimaru into a wall for a few minutes until one of his Paths is back up and running, or if his Paths are all dead he just keeps right on smashing. Orochimaru wouldn't even get near Nagato, let alone body swap him. Also, if a normal Sharingan could beat the body swap, then the vastly superior Rinnegan should rape any Orochimaru technique in general.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #32
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
You are severly underestimating Nagato. Remember that after he used both CT, fought for hours via the Paths, and fought Naruto, he still had the strength to revive the entire Hidden Leaf Village. That's the equivalent of giving life to hundreds, if not thousands, of people all at once. Given, it did kill him, but the fact that he could even accomplish something like that means he's got insane durability, and the strain isn't as great as you're proposing. Also, Orochimaru can't just spam Leech to beat Nagato. Otherwise he'd be the same as Tobi in the sense that he can't be hit by any attack. Also, Nagato doesn't have to use the dragon. He could just as easily gravity smash Orochimaru into a wall for a few minutes until one of his Paths is back up and running, or if his Paths are all dead he just keeps right on smashing. Orochimaru wouldn't even get near Nagato, let alone body swap him. Also, if a normal Sharingan could beat the body swap, then the vastly superior Rinnegan should rape any Orochimaru technique in general.
Thats Zetsu, not Tobi.

As far as gravity smashing goes, How is he going to do that when he cant use it for a while? And giving life to all the people dosent make him durible so much and mind-numbingly powerful. But fighting naruto via the paths wouldnt put a srtain on him at all. CT, however, he'd need to channel all of the power from the other pains in order for him to use it. This proves how much of a strain it puts on him since he cannot hold all of the other pain's powers while using it when that would have very little strain on him.

Its like using a giant cannon run on electricity. You'll need to drain the enitre city to fire it once. If that dosent work you are pretty much screwed because now not only can you not fire your weapon, but you lost the power to your other weapons and defences. The only reason, in fact, that Nagato had that much strength is because he no longer needed to pump more chakra into the rest of the pains and thanks to Deva's long rant on whats what and who is doing what where and peace and whatnot (you know the speech I mean). Take this added into the Chakra one of the pains sapped from naruto. Regardless of this, Nagato himself wouldnt stand much of a chance against an Orochimaru, let alone a full force orochimaru vs someone who couldnt do very much to endanger orochimaru. Dragon statue is the only real way that it might be a game winner, but with how much time it'd take to prep and have enough to fire Orochimaru could Edo Tensai the fourth from Deva's old body and have him reaper death seal Nagato.

This is coming down to the last two people, but heck, Orochimaru could Edo Tensai Jirayia and let him get revenge.

Also I'm guessing with Orochimaru being in the akatsuki with pain, he knows what a rinnegan can do. However, the rinnegan can do ocular jutsu. The biggest problem with this though is even with sharingan you'd need a fully-functional mind in order to stop the effects. The strain from CT alone would make it leagues easier.

Last edited by Frost ninja; 12-29-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:02 PM   #33
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

Quote:
Thats Zetsu, not Tobi.

As far as gravity smashing goes, How is he going to do that when he cant use it for a while? And giving life to all the people dosent make him durible so much and mind-numbingly powerful. But fighting naruto via the paths wouldnt put a srtain on him at all. CT, however, he'd need to channel all of the power from the other pains in order for him to use it. This proves how much of a strain it puts on him since he cannot hold all of the other pain's powers while using it when that would have very little strain on him.

Its like using a giant cannon run on electricity. You'll need to drain the enitre city to fire it once. If that dosent work you are pretty much screwed because now not only can you not fire your weapon, but you lost the power to your other weapons and defences. The only reason, in fact, that Nagato had that much strength is because he no longer needed to pump more chakra into the rest of the pains and thanks to Deva's long rant on whats what and who is doing what where and peace and whatnot (you know the speech I mean). Take this added into the Chakra one of the pains sapped from naruto. Regardless of this, Nagato himself wouldnt stand much of a chance against an Orochimaru, let alone a full force orochimaru vs someone who couldnt do very much to endanger orochimaru. Dragon statue is the only real way that it might be a game winner, but with how much time it'd take to prep and have enough to fire Orochimaru could Edo Tensai the fourth from Deva's old body and have him reaper death seal Nagato.

This is coming down to the last two people, but heck, Orochimaru could Edo Tensai Jirayia and let him get revenge.

Also I'm guessing with Orochimaru being in the akatsuki with pain, he knows what a rinnegan can do. However, the rinnegan can do ocular jutsu. The biggest problem with this though is even with sharingan you'd need a fully-functional mind in order to stop the effects. The strain from CT alone would make it leagues easier.
You are still ignoring the fact that Nagato could still fight after using CT. Considering that at this point Orochimaru would have had to fight his way past at least one Path, survive CT, defeat Deva, and reach Nagato himself, he'd be more than a little worn out. Even if he used OR he'd be low on chakra and tired, despite his massive stamina and chakra supply. Combine this with the fact that there are multiple ways in which Nagato could kill him aside from the dragon (chakra disruption blades, launching his pole things at Oro, summonings, basic Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu, summoning the giant spirit thing that Naraka can use, etc.) and that means Orochimaru is screwed.

As much as I'd love to continue this for another few years I actually require sleep, unlike you. :P
Perhaps we will continue this in the morning or some other time.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:21 PM   #34
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
You are still ignoring the fact that Nagato could still fight after using CT. Considering that at this point Orochimaru would have had to fight his way past at least one Path, survive CT, defeat Deva, and reach Nagato himself, he'd be more than a little worn out. Even if he used OR he'd be low on chakra and tired, despite his massive stamina and chakra supply. Combine this with the fact that there are multiple ways in which Nagato could kill him aside from the dragon (chakra disruption blades, launching his pole things at Oro, summonings, basic Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu, summoning the giant spirit thing that Naraka can use, etc.) and that means Orochimaru is screwed.

As much as I'd love to continue this for another few years I actually require sleep, unlike you. :P
Perhaps we will continue this in the morning or some other time.
You are ignoring how much strain this is putting on Nagato himself. He isnt 100% to begin with, in fact his feats are through Deva aside from dragon cannon and rebirth. And as far as taking out Deva, after he uses CT it isnt that hard. Only reason Naruto couldnt do it is because Deva still had another pain functional. Surviving CT itself is even easier. The gravity pulls orochimaru to it, he Leeches (I'll call it LaC for short) into the ball and its a done deal. If Deva drops it it still probably wouldnt kill orochi but I'll give you he may be a little tired. As far as oral rebirth goes he wont need it, though its still a valid option. He can shed skins to heal up whatever he needs and it takes little (if any) chakra to actually use.

On the matter of chakra disrupters, if your getting in that close then my counter is 5-pronged seal. This renders them useless and the rest of that list as well aside from taijutsu, which I dont think he will manage being on life support and all. Even if he's healthy, the chakra seal drops all of his possibilities so saying he's going to get in close isnt the best idea. After using CT, in fact, Nagato seemed on the drink of dying.

Using all of the chakra for CT, and then trying to fight off orochimaru would put a toll on Nagato as well. So much so that he likely wont be able to end orochimaru thanks to oral rebirth and all. Its cutting it really close, but I cant say who wins anymore. The line is blurred. I'll have to wait until tomorrow and hear the opposing side's arguments before I can honestly say.

Goodnight for now. Til we meet again on the field of debate.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:30 PM   #35
Windstorm
Apprentice Genin

Windstorm is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Gah, I accidentally pressed the backspace button outside of the text-box and my post was lost.

Alright, well, here it goes again...

Frost I like your logic, but there's a potential problem with the Edo Tensai, doesn't it require a human sacrifice? Oh well, it's not part of your main argument, so it's not important.

I think that the Sannin could win this...but I believe that Pein would have a better chance. This sounds like a pretty middle of the road stance, but that's because it is. What I want to say is that I agree with the arguments for the Sannin, but I'm leaning more towards the arguments for Pein. However, I've had just about enough of the "Pein stomps" posts out there!!!

Alright so I think the biggest thing that a lot of the "Pein stomps" arguers are missing here is the fact that teamwork can amplify the strength of a group beyond the sum of its parts. Yes, Pein potentially has more power than all three Sannin combined, but that wouldn't mean that he could easily beat them.

Yes, Tsunade can be considered to be "weak," but just because she isn't as "awesome" or "fast" or "cool" as the others doesn't mean she can't contribute a great deal to the team. I think too many of you are simply underestimating Tsunade just because you aren't particularly fond of her. Yes, she would have a difficult time beating even one of the Paths of Pein, but that doesn't mean she is going to get killed within the first second of battle. She can heal Orochimaru and Jiraiya and summon Katsuya to help protect them while they handle the bulk of the fighting (I don't care about spelling anymore haha).

While Tsunade plays the support role, the other two can tag team and attempt to take down the Paths one by one. Orochimaru might be able to hold off Pein with his vast array of techniques while Jiraiya enters Sage Mode. Keep in mind that Jiraiya could summon a few toads to help Orochimaru out beforehand. In Sage Mode Jiraiya could attempt to use Sage Art: Frog Call to incapacitate AT LEAST three of the paths. And so the battle would ensue...I don't feel like explaining every last detail. I think this all hinges on Orochimaru's ability to hold off Pein (with assistance from summons as well as Tsunade).

I think the combined offensive of Orochimaru and Jiraiya along with support from Tsunande and the boss summons could win this for team Sannin.

However, I still believe that Pein has the upperhand and would most likely win...I just want to provide logic for the minority opinion because I also believe it could be true.

EDIT: I started composing this before the two posts above, sorry if it's a tad late. lol
Old 12-29-2009, 11:39 PM   #36
Rogue Assassin
Apprentice Genin

Rogue Assassin is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm3991 View Post
no way! Sannin would kick butt! Jiraiya would know how to defeat him the second time and the other two would just make it a whole lot easier!!
How would Jiraiya be able to know what to do the second time if he died the first time? If we are talking about second time around you really should just eliminate Jiraiya completely because of the previously stated. And if you are taking Jiraiya out of the picture due to his death you may aswell take Orochimaru out of the fight too, seeing how he only exists inside of Sasuke (at that point in the story). Now with these altercations in the fight, the clear winner would be Pein seeing how he (all 6) would only be fighting Tsunade; and frankly I don't think she would be able to do much...
Old 12-29-2009, 11:42 PM   #37
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Welcome to the forums?

/\_/\ ~v(~o~<) *fear*

Frost gave your the [Frost Fear Face of Welcome]
Old 12-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #38
shikamarulover18
Veteran Chunin

shikamarulover18 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:

maybe but i think it's important to consider all the summoning that the sannin could do in these cases (naruto vs. sannin and pain vs. sannin). as i stated before, orochimaru is able to summon the dead and utilize their powers as he sees fit. so if he summoned the first hokage or the fourth, both of whom could control tailed beasts, it would be possible for the sannin to take out naruto. and pain for that matter--though i don't think they would need to go that far to do so. also, all three have boss summons so in addition to summoning gamabunta, manda, and that slug (katsuya?), they could summon the animals under them, such as gamakichi ect. sooo in total, that would give the sannin approximately between 5 and 9 animals to face kyuubi naruto while they worked on sealing him. i mean, it's not like i don't love naruto and all, i just think he would have quite a difficult time facing all 3 sannin. i do applaud him for beating pain though!

Forum Family: Ishtar (brother), ~blackstar~ (sister), i_love_kakashi (father), JapaneseAnimeForLife (little bro), Sasukegal (big sis), TOKIE_TOKIE (cousin), konan9 (sister, naruto_jock (sketchy neighbor)

(./_\.) Mangekyo Sharingan!!!
/_!_\ Put this on your siggy if you love Itachi
<3Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, Kisuke, Byakuya, Ichigo, Ishida, Renji, Hanataro, Aizen, and Noba<3
Old 12-29-2009, 11:47 PM   #39
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamarulover18 View Post
maybe but i think it's important to consider all the summoning that the sannin could do in these cases (naruto vs. sannin and pain vs. sannin). as i stated before, orochimaru is able to summon the dead and utilize their powers as he sees fit. so if he summoned the first hokage or the fourth, both of whom could control tailed beasts, it would be possible for the sannin to take out naruto. and pain for that matter--though i don't think they would need to go that far to do so. also, all three have boss summons so in addition to summoning gamabunta, manda, and that slug (katsuya?), they could summon the animals under them, such as gamakichi ect. sooo in total, that would give the sannin approximately between 5 and 9 animals to face kyuubi naruto while they worked on sealing him. i mean, it's not like i don't love naruto and all, i just think he would have quite a difficult time facing all 3 sannin. i do applaud him for beating pain though!
A little off topic, but... Meh...
Not a bad read. To be honest between me and Sage's debate it feels like bombs went off in this thread.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:52 PM   #40
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Assassin View Post
Thanks, i just got done with a week or so of almost non stop naruto and thought id check out the forums
Oh, well have some fun

Send me a friend request, that way if you ever need help you can call on me for it.

I expect great things from you though, so dont disappoint me.

Tags
jiraiya, naruto, orochimaru, pein, tsunade