Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #2981
narugirl
Banned

narugirl is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

ok then try this

Okay, now into the Forest of Death, where Sasuke protects Sakura once more against attackers while Naruto fights off Orochimaru's huge snake.

Orochimaru finds Sasuke and Sakura and scares the sh!t out of both of them, but mostly frightens Sasuke. And this is where the SasuSaku dynamic changes a bit, because Sasuke's fear breaks Sakura's childish vision of Sasuke as the strongest ninja around, of him as the invincible, and the ideal. Sasuke shows weakness and the idealism Sakura had for Sasuke is shattered when she calls him a coward.
narugirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #2982
Major_Redd
Chunin Exam Proctor

Major_Redd saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narugirl View Post
the Chuunin Exam Arc, here's where we get a lot of Sakura/Sasuke interaction. Sasuke, after the Wave Country experience, realizes that he's not half as strong as he needs to be in order to defeat Itachi and also realizes that he's more caught up in Team Seven then he would, perhaps feel comfortable with. This makes him edgy and nervous and leads him to snap at Sakura when she suggests spending time with him. Basically his words are, "if you have time to spare you should use it to practice, because right now you're weaker than Naruto."

Sakura--who becomes depressed at the realization that unless she gets stronger, she's never going to hold Sasuke's attention--becomes even more depressed at the knowledge that Kakashi's entered them in into the Chuunin Exams. She knows she can't keep up with the boys as she is currently.

So, a large driving force that allows Sakura to become stronger is wishing for Sasuke to acknowledge her. Please notice, SasuNaru fans, that this is the same thing that drives Naruto to become stronger during the Chuunin Exams: acknowledgement from Sasuke. You can't privledge Naruto's reasons and degrade Sakura's just because she's a girl.
No, she does not express a wish to become stronger until he leaves. After he made that quote, Sakura didn't do anything about it, she sulked. It was Naruto's promise to her and the desire to bring Sasuke back WITH Naruto that caused her to want to become stronger. So she wouldn't be staring at her teammates' backs. This was not just Sasuke's influence. Sasuke's words alone had no positve effect on her, they just made her more immature.

Sasuke's acknowledgement was one of MANY thinks that drove Naruto into becoming stronger. He is/was his rival.

"Edgy and nervous," are we talking about the same Sasuke?

Big Sis & Best Friend firegirl
Big Bro azmerk Big Sis MelisaArtemis Lil Sis flamie_chan

Redd Heart
*~The Little Red Queenie~*

`@_
(^_^')) "Let these be the Flowers of Hope that never die."
/_ ! _\ Redd's madly in love with Konan, the Lady Angel. ~
Major_Redd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:29 AM   #2983
Kagura
Makes Pretty Things
Special Jonin Candidate

Kagura has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kagura has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
ok then try this

Okay, now into the Forest of Death, where Sasuke protects Sakura once more against attackers while Naruto fights off Orochimaru's huge snake.

Orochimaru finds Sasuke and Sakura and scares the sh!t out of both of them, but mostly frightens Sasuke. And this is where the SasuSaku dynamic changes a bit, because Sasuke's fear breaks Sakura's childish vision of Sasuke as the strongest ninja around, of him as the invincible, and the ideal. Sasuke shows weakness and the idealism Sakura had for Sasuke is shattered when she calls him a coward.

thats true but it wasent a development for the paring it was a devellopment for saukra

sakura has alwasy seen sasuke as the best but after seeing even the stongest and gifted rookie scared and hurt. causes her to changes her view of what is a strong being

it also shows that he is her teammate and needs help

and(i know more) it was a sasuke development of wanting power and becomeing an anvenger.

she even saw a diffrent veiw in naruto calling him brave by calling sasuke an coward

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kagura; 12-29-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Kagura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #2984
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

narugirl, the chunin exams are the only positive development ever established by NH and SS fans. This event is when those pairs died

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #2985
narugirl
Banned

I think it's important to recognize that SasuSaku is also a valid ship. Maybe even the most valid ship in terms of outwardly stated romantic relationships, because while the SasuNaru bond might be more intense, it is also described more in terms of brother/rival relationships instead of love interest relationships.

And while some people have described SasuSaku as ultimately a one-sided ship, with Sakura chasing after Sasuke (against her better judgement) and Sasuke ignoring her, brushing her off, or generally being cruel to her, which is not actually the case. Through this essay I've tried to show that Sasuke does notice Sakura-- perhaps, in those early chapters, even more than Naruto does--and makes an effort to let her understand him, makes an effort to reassure her and protect her emotions. For someone as traumatized and emotionally stunted as Sasuke, this effort he makes at a relationship with Sakura (which is different from the rivalry/friendship relationship he sets up with Naruto) signifies how important she is to him.

While Sakura reaches Sasuke on an emotional level, Naruto is the one who forces Sasuke to confront his emotions by challenging them. All members of Team Seven drive each other to grow and develop and learn about themselves. Part of what makes Sasuke such a great character is his ability to evoke these stages of growth from Naruto and Sakura, but sometimes I think people are more inclined to point out his effect on Naruto more than his effect on Sakura, while most of the time completely bypassing the effect Sakura has on Sasuke. SasuSaku, then, can't really be brushed aside as a one-sided ship as it's one of the relationships driving the plot of Naruto. And while the relationship between Sasuke and Sakura might not be an entirely healthy one, or the ones fans think is the best for both parties involved, it is a relationship that is represented in canon.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #2986
Major_Redd
Chunin Exam Proctor

Major_Redd saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

The chuunin exams are Part I, they're highly irrelevant now. What Sasuke might have felt for Sakura is irrelevant now because he wishes to sever all ties with Konoha. He has said this a few times and intended to kill them all at the reunion.

Big Sis & Best Friend firegirl
Big Bro azmerk Big Sis MelisaArtemis Lil Sis flamie_chan

Redd Heart
*~The Little Red Queenie~*

`@_
(^_^')) "Let these be the Flowers of Hope that never die."
/_ ! _\ Redd's madly in love with Konan, the Lady Angel. ~
Major_Redd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #2987
flamie_chan
Chunin

flamie_chan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
I think it's important to recognize that SasuSaku is also a valid ship. Maybe even the most valid ship in terms of outwardly stated romantic relationships, because while the SasuNaru bond might be more intense, it is also described more in terms of brother/rival relationships instead of love interest relationships.

And while some people have described SasuSaku as ultimately a one-sided ship, with Sakura chasing after Sasuke (against her better judgement) and Sasuke ignoring her, brushing her off, or generally being cruel to her, which is not actually the case. Through this essay I've tried to show that Sasuke does notice Sakura-- perhaps, in those early chapters, even more than Naruto does--and makes an effort to let her understand him, makes an effort to reassure her and protect her emotions. For someone as traumatized and emotionally stunted as Sasuke, this effort he makes at a relationship with Sakura (which is different from the rivalry/friendship relationship he sets up with Naruto) signifies how important she is to him.

While Sakura reaches Sasuke on an emotional level, Naruto is the one who forces Sasuke to confront his emotions by challenging them. All members of Team Seven drive each other to grow and develop and learn about themselves. Part of what makes Sasuke such a great character is his ability to evoke these stages of growth from Naruto and Sakura, but sometimes I think people are more inclined to point out his effect on Naruto more than his effect on Sakura, while most of the time completely bypassing the effect Sakura has on Sasuke. SasuSaku, then, can't really be brushed aside as a one-sided ship as it's one of the relationships driving the plot of Naruto. And while the relationship between Sasuke and Sakura might not be an entirely healthy one, or the ones fans think is the best for both parties involved, it is a relationship that is represented in canon.
The pairing is consireded, but it has no indication of becoming canon at this point. It's more of a stretch to think about it.

Fcs you would find me in
The NS, NH & SS debate thread
The Haruno Sakura FC (firegirl's)

my forum siblings
Spoiler:

big bro azmerk, big sis firegirl & big sis major_redd.

NS supporter &proud! Join the NS allience if you love the pair together!
flamie_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:39 AM   #2988
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

really? Thats your argument, gaara and naruto have tragic lives and they didnt turn out bad. The fact is that sasuke was too concerned with revenge that he admitted wanting to kill naruto in part 1. Then he cold heartedly tries again, and tries to kill sakura too. The fact is that SS was dead the moment sasuke turned his blade at sakura

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #2989
narugirl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon_army17 View Post
really? Thats your argument, gaara and naruto have tragic lives and they didnt turn out bad. The fact is that sasuke was too concerned with revenge that he admitted wanting to kill naruto in part 1. Then he cold heartedly tries again, and tries to kill sakura too. The fact is that SS was dead the moment sasuke turned his blade at sakura
in the manga

The first meeting with Sasuke post time-skip we get a full page reaction shot from Sakura, focusing in on her eyes. It's nothing overtly stated, but little things like the layout of a panel, the sheer amount of space given to Sakura's specific reaction, indicates that although it's been years, her feelings haven't diminished towards Sasuke at all.

And once again, loving Sasuke makes Sakura stronger, as she's seen trying to bolster Naruto's determination and reassure him.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #2990
Kagura
Makes Pretty Things
Special Jonin Candidate

Kagura has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kagura has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:

i hate beiing mean(lie)

but sasuke has no feelings for sakura in the the whole danm manga

even in part one he never gave a danm about her he was only focus on revenge.

it shown clearly at the fight with naruto in the end of part 1

we have seen sasuke evlove for the worst in part 2 hes is going deeper

i dont know if he wiil survive this whole manga but i think he might die in the end.

sasuke form part 1 to now has been a tragic character

no one can get to him(not even naruto at this point)

he has also not grown up hes gotten worse

sakura and naruto in this arc are the ones growing up sasuke is just getting deeper into the darkness

at this point if he does not learn form the mistakes hes done sasuke is a goner

just to add from the above

sakura has gotten stronger for naruto

in the KN4 fight it was sakura POV and who thinking of Naruto

all her thoughts was naruto.

the dumbst of thing for naruto

tears for naruto

runing to stop the kid from hurting himself for naruto

yamato speach directed torwds sakura about naruto

seems that everything about sasuke just dimishe their

Last edited by Kagura; 12-29-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #2991
flamie_chan
Chunin

flamie_chan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
in the manga

The first meeting with Sasuke post time-skip we get a full page reaction shot from Sakura, focusing in on her eyes. It's nothing overtly stated, but little things like the layout of a panel, the sheer amount of space given to Sakura's specific reaction, indicates that although it's been years, her feelings haven't diminished towards Sasuke at all.

And once again, loving Sasuke makes Sakura stronger, as she's seen trying to bolster Naruto's determination and reassure him.
I think it was to show her pain and shock in seeing him again. She was the last to see him leave and first to see him again. Also the single panel sequence was for drama.

Fcs you would find me in
The NS, NH & SS debate thread
The Haruno Sakura FC (firegirl's)

my forum siblings
Spoiler:

big bro azmerk, big sis firegirl & big sis major_redd.

NS supporter &proud! Join the NS allience if you love the pair together!
flamie_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:46 AM   #2992
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Quote:
in the manga

lol, i saw it but it was more relief unless you put naruto in the same boat. Oh and by the way, explain how her feelings are still romantic and how attempted murder doesnt kill SS?

Quote:

Old 12-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #2993
narugirl
Banned

Quote:
lol, i saw it but it was more relief unless you put naruto in the same boat. Oh and by the way, explain how her feelings are still romantic and how attempted murder doesnt kill SS?
cuz she wants to save him by killing him, duh
Old 12-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #2994
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Quote:
cuz she wants to save him by killing him, duh
heh, this is fun...if she had any romantic feelings shed go against common sense and betray kohona.

Quote:

Old 12-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #2995
Kagura
Makes Pretty Things
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
heh, this is fun...if she had any romantic feelings shed go against common sense and betray kohona.

speaking the truth. but we know she was offering as a desperate selfish attempt to be with him when whshe was at age 13

sakura is now 16 going on 17 and adult she is not that selfish 13 year old girl anymore

people just dont see her development(shes not just about the danm parings)

sasuke only brought out the worst in her

Old 12-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #2996
Bacon

Awards Showcase

lol xDD dizzy, i agree sakura has gone through major changes

Quote:

Old 12-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #2997
Hippocrite
Freshmen Academy Student

Hippocrite is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
sasuke clearly did not want to attack sakura
there was at least three panels of just his eyes and a ..... speech bubble
and when he did aim his sword it was over her head because when yamoto jumped in it hit him in the high shoulder
far above sakura's head
Hippocrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #2998
Hippocrite
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
we don't know her true intentions yet
we only know what sai is assuming
Old 12-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #2999
Kagura
Makes Pretty Things
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippocrite View Post
sasuke clearly did not want to attack sakura
there was at least three panels of just his eyes and a ..... speech bubble
and when he did aim his sword it was over her head because when yamoto jumped in it hit him in the high shoulder
far above sakura's head

really seriously because i could of sworn that yamato went in front of sakura because of sasuke eyes being DANGERUS?

Old 12-29-2009, 12:32 PM   #3000
Hippocrite
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightLink20xx View Post
@Hippocrite

Were you even paying attention to what was said in what panel? This is a visual story, and with that in mind, you have to disect it panel by panel. The panels that came across as "off" are the instances when she was talking about Sasuke, and THAT was what made Naruto not believe the confession. Sakura was hiding something, and it had to do with Sasuke, he knew it. Lo and behold, she withheld the fact that she has agreed to killing Sasuke. THAT is what you are picking up on. The issue is that Naruto is the first to call the whole thing a bunch of crap because of that one instance, and we STILL don't know Sakura's motives completely.

Naruto doesn't see the same Sakura that was confronting him, he still sees her as the same girl from 3 years ago. He loves her, but he still thinks she hasn't changed, just as he still sees Sasuke as the boy who has yet to do any wrong, even though he now has. Multiple times. Until we see Sakura's point of view, we will not know what was a lie and what was not. Until then, you cannot call in bogus, and it cannot be called truth. Yes, I'm saying agree to disagree, but I'm also saying that you can't look at it as a general thing, you HAVE to focus on the little details to see the whole story. I see SS shippers grasping straws doing that for proving Sasuke had feelings for her back in the day, maybe they should do that when it isn't helpful for their ship. I certainly have, and I can still safely say that NS has the most development among all the bonds in the manga, Naruto and Sasuke's brother bond included, point blank.
she never once looks him in the eye when she is talking to him or she closes her eyes
they even focus panels on her feet shuffling
then when he tells her to stop
she nervously trys to keep um with it blushing and even using dumb phrases summarizing her feelings
and then the only time they make eye contact is when he tells her she is lying
then what do you know
she gets flustered and angry
not upset and saddened he doesn't believe her
but that her lie was found out
and then she runs away
thinking
naruto I'm sorry
if that was a true confession then what is she sorry for
it can't be that she is sorry she lied to him and gave a false confession to distract him could it

Tags
debating, naruhina, narusaku, pairings, sasusaku