Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:04 AM   #21
Nurys
Chunin

Nurys is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to Nurys Send a message via Skype™ to Nurys
Default Re: Is it good to be honest?

Definitely yes.
Nurys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #22
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuyashaGirl View Post
being honest is good no matter what
but sometimes u gotta say the truth in a way thats not so blunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurys View Post
Definitely yes.
Both: Not even to make a person feel better?
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #23
nightfire
Chunin

nightfire is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i think it is "good" to be honest but not to be bruatally honest if it is going to hurt try to make it sound nicer.

as for what i do i have mad skillz at saying something that is not technically a lie but makes it sound like what i want it to, i can trick people like crazy in real life i can read facial expressions and tone of voice like no other! but i tend not to do that i really try to be a good person

"If human beings were shown what they're really like, they'd either kill one another as vermin, or hang themselves."
Aldous Huxley
nightfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:21 PM   #24
Onyx_Skies
Genin

Onyx_Skies is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It's good to be honest, but not so much that people get hurt by it and you lose a lot from doing it. Telling a lie isn't so bad, as long as you restrain from doing it all the time.

Onyx_Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #25
SakuraGirl
Special Jonin Candidate

SakuraGirl has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SakuraGirl has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SakuraGirl has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SakuraGirl has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SakuraGirl has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SakuraGirl has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SakuraGirl has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Yahoo to SakuraGirl

yes it is i am all the time, i mean i can,t lie and alot of people trust me for it
I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paster this into your sig.
put this on your siggy if you love Taker .
-I give Rep,May you give it back.
SakuraGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:57 PM   #26
Strider_Naruto
Genin

Strider_Naruto is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Strider_Naruto

Being honest really depends on the outcome of the situation. Some people use lies to get themselves out of situations, but when it's all said and done, when you are honest, it builds trust between you and your friend or whomever. Even if the person is lying, Im not going to stoop that low, and do the same. I will be honest, and very blunt all the time. You have to show people that you can be trusted because thats where it all starts from. "The trust issue" Ive always try to look at it from that point of view, but alot of people now and days arent event honest with themselves so how can they be honest to others? Sometimes honesty can get you in trouble depending what the situation is, but it shows others that you can be trustworthy without lying to them in there face. You cant always trust everyone because there's to many back stabbers out there, and when they detect that from you, theyll use that as your weakness, and take advantage of you.
Family: Violet Di, JapaneseAnimeForLife, King Dracoon
Xbox GT: KdashXI
PSN: KdashXI209
I will always protect the ones that mean the most to me!
Tatsunoko vs Capcom: 3953-8442-2891
╔══╗
║██║ Music is good for the Soul! It puts you at ease
║(●)║
╚══╝
Strider_Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:57 AM   #27
sasu_girl
Lovely Girl :3
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

it's probably best to always be honest, though in rl i am usually not ^^"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
sasu_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:32 AM   #28
darkamaru
Special Jonin Candidate

darkamaru is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to darkamaru

depends.

its very good to be honest because people will trust you and you can do more things because people think you deserve rewards for honesty.

but its bad too because you could never lie so if someone asks for an opinion on a matter,you might insult them.

so both.
[] []----Peace---[] []
|||||||----------|||||||
-|||||------------|||||
darkamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:57 AM   #29
Arctic_Legend
Academy Graduate

Arctic_Legend is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Being honest is always the best way to go, even if the truth might hurt someone, there are no excuses for lying in my book.
Arctic_Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:59 AM   #30
Sai's brother
Jonin

Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Legend View Post
Being honest is always the best way to go, even if the truth might hurt someone, there are no excuses for lying in my book.

So what if some stranger ask for you Social Sueritcy(Spelled wrong >.>) Number, Your Address and some other stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sai's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #31
Arctic_Legend
Academy Graduate

Arctic_Legend is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai's brother View Post
So what if some stranger ask for you Social Sueritcy(Spelled wrong >.>) Number, Your Address and some other stuff
Simple, either walk away and tell him its none of his business.
And if it comes down to it, beat the crap outta him out of self defense.
Simple as that. Or just don't say anything.
Arctic_Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #32
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Legend View Post
Simple, either walk away and tell him its none of his business.
And if it comes down to it, beat the crap outta him out of self defense.
Simple as that. Or just don't say anything.
Scenario: You are back in the times of the holocaust. You are asked if you know any Jewish people. You know you do, but will you still tell the truth?

Another One: You saw your brother/sister cheating on her wife/husband. The wife/husband asks you if you saw your brother/sister cheating. What will you say?

Yet another one: You got in a fight at school, the officer there will give a ticket with a fine to the person who started it. They ask you who started it. What will you say when it was you?

Last One: Your friend asks you if she's prettier than the hawtest girl in school. Hm?

A simple lie can get you out of hot water fast. Sometimes a lie is the best excuse.
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.

Last edited by Err; 12-21-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote