Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:59 AM   #21
vonshadow
Master Debater

vonshadow has completed a tough C-rank mission!vonshadow has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Deidara vs Kakazu

I don't think Kakuzu hearts have any range that they must be near Kakuzu to be active
Old 12-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #22
shantanu
Chunin Exam Proctor

shantanu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i think deidara wins
Old 12-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #23
shikimaru nara
Veteran Chunin

shikimaru nara saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

i think deidara will win
Old 12-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #24
deidara!
Academy Graduate

Location: Akatsuki hideout/The Village Hidden In The Lightning
deidara! is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to deidara! Send a message via MSN to deidara!

i already did this post deidara vs kakuzu
Old 12-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #25
Berzakinski
Genin

Berzakinski is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

This has been done many times, and I for one think Kakuzu takes it.

It wouldn't take Kakuzu long at all to realize Deidara's weakness to lightning, then it's just a matter of time before Deidara get's overwhelmed by the masks.

C1: Can be tanked by Iron Skin.
C2: Can be (arguably) be tanked by Iron Skin as well. Also, the C2 Dragon is big and slow and can easily be destroyed by any elemental blasts. I'd say Deidara could get maybe one C2 bomb tops before the C2 Dragon is blown up.
C3: Just like C2, it's big and relatively slow. Plus C3 falls in a predictable trajectory, meaning Kakuzu could Raiton it (he would've figured out Deidara's weakness by now), or blow it away with his Fuuton mask.
C4: Same as C3, it's an ENORMOUS target. All Kakuzu has to do is Raiton it before all of the nano bombs escape the Giant Deidara. Even if the Giant Deidara erupts Kakuzu should realize something is up and could escape the area while using Fuuton Atsugai or raiton blasts.

Kakuzu is I think the worst match up for Deidara, since he A) has a long range lightning jutsu, B) has multiple lives, meaning the same trick won't work twice, and C) Kakuzu can just outlast him.
((.)A(.))
/-- !--\
Shut Up Hidan!!
Put this on your sig if you think Kakuzu rocks.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #26
Spleen Boy
Special Jonin Candidate

Spleen Boy has completed a tough C-rank mission!Spleen Boy has completed a tough C-rank mission!Spleen Boy has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Kakuzu definatley. He is old and experienced, but above else he is just more powerful, and most likely imperviouse to most of Deidara's attacks and the stronger ones (like c4) he would stop with powerful elemental attacks and stretchable limbs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:
"There are those who strive to live an exciting life. So they leave their normal worlds behind to submerge themselves in a new world.
But it only takes 3 days before that becomes their new normal."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:11 AM   #27
Art is an EXPLOSION
Chunin

Art is an EXPLOSION is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzakinski View Post
This has been done many times, and I for one think Kakuzu takes it.

It wouldn't take Kakuzu long at all to realize Deidara's weakness to lightning, then it's just a matter of time before Deidara get's overwhelmed by the masks.

C1: Can be tanked by Iron Skin.
C2: Can be (arguably) be tanked by Iron Skin as well. Also, the C2 Dragon is big and slow and can easily be destroyed by any elemental blasts. I'd say Deidara could get maybe one C2 bomb tops before the C2 Dragon is blown up.
C3: Just like C2, it's big and relatively slow. Plus C3 falls in a predictable trajectory, meaning Kakuzu could Raiton it (he would've figured out Deidara's weakness by now), or blow it away with his Fuuton mask.
C4: Same as C3, it's an ENORMOUS target. All Kakuzu has to do is Raiton it before all of the nano bombs escape the Giant Deidara. Even if the Giant Deidara erupts Kakuzu should realize something is up and could escape the area while using Fuuton Atsugai or raiton blasts.

Kakuzu is I think the worst match up for Deidara, since he A) has a long range lightning jutsu, B) has multiple lives, meaning the same trick won't work twice, and C) Kakuzu can just outlast him.
C4 dosent take much time to explode 1, mines 2, 3. C3 may be slow but its probably gunna tank iron skin
Old 12-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #28
Berzakinski
Genin

Berzakinski is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art is an EXPLOSION View Post
C4 dosent take much time to explode 1, mines 2, 3. C3 may be slow but its probably gunna tank iron skin
It takes even less time to defuse C4, and I doubt Deidara will be alive long enough to use it.

:/ I don't think Kakuzu is gonna patiently wait for Deidara to drop C3 right on top of him. Fuuton Atsugai would blow it away easy, as Deidara seemingly has no control over the bomb's trajectory. Hell, Gaara wasn't even the target and he managed to block it.
((.)A(.))
/-- !--\
Shut Up Hidan!!
Put this on your sig if you think Kakuzu rocks.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #29
[Shikamaru]
Special Jonin Candidate

[Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission![Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via Yahoo to [Shikamaru]

Kakuzu stomps.

Anything Deidara can muster to destroy Kakuzu would take too long to prep for, and with Kakuzu's speed and powerful ranged ninjutsu, including his extremely accurate tentacles, Deidara most likely wouldn't even be able to get off the ground without Kakuzu capturing him by launching his arms and choking him to death.

Not to mention an explosion wouldn't do much, without killing all of his hearts, he can put himself back together with the tentacles. Not saying he would even be able to launch anything that would even wound Kakuzu before he killed him.

Hearts are overkill, and would take too much time to prep for.

Tags
deidara, kakazu