Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #41
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: America is overprotective. (Spoilers through Ch. 338)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazuro View Post
yeah and they get crazy with the trabslations like "Almight Push!" for Shinra tensei.

Come on, "Almight Push!"???? Shinra tensei jutsu can pull or ush things, not just PUSH! and geez, kage Summit - Gokage summit? Stop fooling around!!

Pain's overall power is repulsion/attraction.

Repulsion is called Almighty Push.
Attraction is Universal Pull.

Gokage simply means 5 Kages meaning that all 5 Kages are meeting.
It helps to clear any confusion that a Kage meeting could be Gaara
and Mizukage at a bar.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:42 AM   #42
narutonhinataschild
Genin

narutonhinataschild has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Otaku View Post
A generalization based on the edits their editors have made. Let's focus on just one.

If you read the typical graphic novel format of Naruto that you can buy at the common bookstore, a Borders or whatever, you might notice something odd looking going on with the drawings of Shikamaru immediately after Asuma's death.

In chapter 331, his mouth is opened abmnormally all the time. And then on page 5 you see his hand, as if grasping something, but there's nothing there. I thought it looked like he was smoking.

Then in chapter 338, Shikamaru holds Asuma's lighter up near his mouth, but there's nothing there. If you look at an scan online, you can see he's lighting a cigarette. And in the American thing, he throws the lighter in order to set off the bombs and kill Hidan. He was actually throwing, in the uncut, the cigarette.

Apparently, in America, manga can include smoking on any level if the person is of the legal age. We see this with Ogata 9 Dan in the A-rated Hikaru no Go and Sanji in the T-rated One Piece. But apparently, if an underage person is smoking they have to edit it. This is found in Naruto, and in volume 1-2 of Hikaru no Go, when Tetsuo Kaga "puts out his gum on the go board". They made several inconsistencies when they edited that one. Another time, in Whistle, Shigeki Sato is shown smoking and an editor's note is written next to it that says "Chocolate cigarette, no smoking!"

Just something I noticed and decided to look into.

born of the old belief of "monkey see, monkey do!"
Old 12-12-2009, 06:56 AM   #43
ThePurpleChidori
Chunin Exam Proctor

ThePurpleChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Anbu gets reps from me.

Oh.
Quote:
More like no more sasuke lovers.
we come when there are real humans with brains and a high IQ to argue with. oh wait sasuke lovers do not have any of those qualities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK
I am starting to think people should have to take a basic competency test to use the internet.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:09 AM   #44
rouge night
Special Jonin Candidate

rouge night saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to rouge night

cool 4 u

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Old 12-12-2009, 07:43 AM   #45
valtreck
Genin

valtreck is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to valtreck Send a message via Skype™ to valtreck

i think editing is not bad since kids also read mangas, but i am a teen so i don't like it at all.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #46
Sai fangirl
Special Jonin Candidate

Sai fangirl is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Sai fangirl

I kinda realized this awhile back. But it still sucks. T_T

I love music ^^

"Please take me home, too late it's gone.
I bet, you're sad. This is the best time we ever had.
Why did we have to go date, it's too easy to complicate.
Be strong when things fall apart.
Honest, this breaks my heart."- Please take me home by blink-182
Bestest Friends: Chibi Shika Fangirl, NaruCrazy2009, ccc
Forum Family:
Spoiler:
Big Sis: I<3Declan, Twin Sis: Chibi Shika Fangirl

My Star: Kiyoko *
Adopted Chibi Sai ^^
Old 12-12-2009, 08:07 AM   #47
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Location: playing pokemonxy with KazekageGaara and Fluttershy
trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88

it was just for one vol what the big deal here anyway

You stole my heart from the day we met^////^
Forum frist buddies: JAFL,KU
Member of the Forum ANBU PM me for help

Old 12-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #48
Parak111
Jonin

Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Post Re: America is overprotective. (Spoilers through Ch. 338)

Quote:
A generalization based on the edits their editors have made. Let's focus on just one.

If you read the typical graphic novel format of Naruto that you can buy at the common bookstore, a Borders or whatever, you might notice something odd looking going on with the drawings of Shikamaru immediately after Asuma's death.

In chapter 331, his mouth is opened abmnormally all the time. And then on page 5 you see his hand, as if grasping something, but there's nothing there. I thought it looked like he was smoking.

Then in chapter 338, Shikamaru holds Asuma's lighter up near his mouth, but there's nothing there. If you look at an scan online, you can see he's lighting a cigarette. And in the American thing, he throws the lighter in order to set off the bombs and kill Hidan. He was actually throwing, in the uncut, the cigarette.

Apparently, in America, manga can include smoking on any level if the person is of the legal age. We see this with Ogata 9 Dan in the A-rated Hikaru no Go and Sanji in the T-rated One Piece. But apparently, if an underage person is smoking they have to edit it. This is found in Naruto, and in volume 1-2 of Hikaru no Go, when Tetsuo Kaga "puts out his gum on the go board". They made several inconsistencies when they edited that one. Another time, in Whistle, Shigeki Sato is shown smoking and an editor's note is written next to it that says "Chocolate cigarette, no smoking!"

Just something I noticed and decided to look into.

Nothing new here. Just one of the MANY edits that were made. They should just leave the manga and the anime alone,if all they do is edit them. People want it the same, as it's in Japan...with nothing cut out! It's became a bad habit of theirs to deprive us of scenes.

Pervy Sage's last battle:

YouTube:
src="

Those who break the rules are scum, true

but

ninja who don't help their friends are even worse!

- Ultra Super Mega Giga Hug

Old 12-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #49
Anbu Psy-Ops
Ninja Academy Student

Anbu Psy-Ops is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parak111 View Post
Nothing new here. Just one of the MANY edits that were made. They should just leave the manga and the anime alone,if all they do is edit them. People want it the same, as it's in Japan...with nothing cut out! It's became a bad habit of theirs to deprive us of scenes.
Again...you can not blame the editors for many of the censoring decisions they make. The threat of low sales due to offensive material is very real; it's something every single entertainment company has to consider. KIDS may want it, but the adults are now and ever shall be a deciding factor.

Case in point: tabletop wargames. A certain popular British based company (mind you this is where people buy model armies, put them together, and play a super-advanced game of chess with them) produced a winged demon and sold it in America. People along the "bible belt" were offended because they thought its face resembled the face of Satan. They had to remodel the head just to ensure the products success.

And again...I know that the more edgy stuff makes it nice and fun, but It's hardly depriving you of anything. At least, nothing important

"All men of great caliber have a kid somewhere in their heart." ~Crim
Old 12-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #50
Hockey Otaku
is Toma's only acknowleged stalker/fangirl.

Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parak111 View Post
They should just leave the manga and the anime alone,if all they do is edit them.
Well, I don't agree with this. Life is better with crudely edited Naruto than without it.

@Anbu: How do they know what Satan looks like? xD

HOCKEY! To the BATMOBILE!!!
Quote:
/Gets in.
/realizes this is a terrible idea.

IF I AM NEVER SEEN AGAIN TELL LUNA HOCKEY I LOVE HER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Otaku
/Is sitting right next to you.
Freudian slip? I think so.
Spoiler:
You can consider me to have officially left the forums, however, I do check my messages so I'd love it* if you'd chat me up.*** =D

*That is, if we actually know each other.
**Fan of Minato. (HA!)
***DragonAngel gets a gold star!
Old 12-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #51
NARUTARD93
Special Jonin Candidate

NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Skype™ to NARUTARD93

But there is Teen rating on the back of them. If it's okay to have this kind of stuff in video games, then it should be alright in manga. If I'm gonna pay for something, I want all of it, not some watered down kiddie verison of it.

Quote:
The world may never know the secret that is NARUTARD.
Quote:
oooooooo it's a dragon! it's a lion! NO IT'S NARUTARD!
Quote:
This is the Insanity known as NARUTARD!!!!
Quote:
so your the infamous NARUTARD the terrifying
Quote:
O.O ALL HAIL NARUTARD!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #52
Hockey Otaku
is Toma's only acknowleged stalker/fangirl.

Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARUTARD93 View Post
But there is Teen rating on the back of them. If it's okay to have this kind of stuff in video games, then it should be alright in manga. If I'm gonna pay for something, I want all of it, not some watered down kiddie verison of it.
Another valid point. It is expensive, $10 for a book that takes me half an hour to read. And the parents could make a rule that their kid can't read teen books until they're ready for the content. I had that rule, I'm still not allowed to read T+.

HOCKEY! To the BATMOBILE!!!
Quote:
/Gets in.
/realizes this is a terrible idea.

IF I AM NEVER SEEN AGAIN TELL LUNA HOCKEY I LOVE HER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Otaku
/Is sitting right next to you.
Freudian slip? I think so.
Spoiler:
You can consider me to have officially left the forums, however, I do check my messages so I'd love it* if you'd chat me up.*** =D

*That is, if we actually know each other.
**Fan of Minato. (HA!)
***DragonAngel gets a gold star!
Old 12-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #53
NARUTARD93
Special Jonin Candidate

NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Skype™ to NARUTARD93

Quote:
Another valid point. It is expensive, $10 for a book that takes me half an hour to read. And the parents could make a rule that their kid can't read teen books until they're ready for the content. I had that rule, I'm still not allowed to read T+.
That or handle it maturely and be able to distinguish fiction from reality. My parents have no problem with my reading selections because they know that I'm mature and responsible enough to handle it. It should be up to the reader to choose whether or not they want to read something as teh author intended it to be. If they don't want to then, they don't have to buy it. I know that sale prices are a big issue, but seriously, If I'm gonna spend several hundred dollors buying this stuff, I want the full package. Maybe it shouldn't be marketed towards those of a younger viewing auidence in the first place.

Quote:
The world may never know the secret that is NARUTARD.
Quote:
oooooooo it's a dragon! it's a lion! NO IT'S NARUTARD!
Quote:
This is the Insanity known as NARUTARD!!!!
Quote:
so your the infamous NARUTARD the terrifying
Quote:
O.O ALL HAIL NARUTARD!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #54
Parak111
Jonin

Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Post Re: America is overprotective. (Spoilers through Ch. 338)

Quote:
Well, I don't agree with this. Life is better with crudely edited Naruto than without it.
Well,if they cut out half the action,I don't see any point in even buying it. Naruto is mainly about the fights,and blood is part of those fights. Without blood,it won't be a true fight and without a true fight,that won't be Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARUTARD93 View Post

I agree with this.I want the original product,not some watered down version.

Pervy Sage's last battle:

YouTube:
src="

Those who break the rules are scum, true

but

ninja who don't help their friends are even worse!

- Ultra Super Mega Giga Hug

Last edited by Parak111; 12-12-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #55
Anbu Psy-Ops
Ninja Academy Student

Anbu Psy-Ops is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:

@Anbu: How do they know what Satan looks like? xD
They claimed its head looked too much like a humans. Plus, the traditional color scheme for that particular model was red, it had triple jointed legs with hooves, and had enormous horns on its head. Otherwise...goooood question @_@

"All men of great caliber have a kid somewhere in their heart." ~Crim

Tags
asuma, editing, shikamaru, smoking