Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2009, 10:25 PM   #21
mrsticky005
 
mrsticky005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the White Text House
Posts: 14,109
Rep Power: 27
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtoSeptic View Post
THA~NK you. I'm so tired of people insisting that Naruto give up on Sasuke -- first of all, he's not going to give up. He's promised too many people, he loves Sasuke like a brother, and giving up would be going back on just about everything he's ever said. Secondly, what would be the moral of the story if he just gave up after all this? "Oh, hey, kids, ya win some, ya lose some!" No. The theme behind Naruto is teamwork and friendship and family. Anyone who says Naruto should give up doesn't understand that.

+rep for you.

Well some people want to make Shippuden more mature than it really is.
I mean yes it IS a tad bit more mature than Naruto. But any good story
will become more "mature" as it goes on. Stories that don't evolve usually
suck. It's better to have more dynamic than static characters.

At first I didn't care for the "Rescue Sasuke" mission of Naruto's.

But now without it Naruto's character wouldn't be as awesome as he is now.

The thing I like about Naruto and Sasuke is that they developed into characters I liked. Instead of someone like Rock Lee who I liked from the beginning.
mrsticky005 is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 10:52 PM   #22
brunz
Chunin Exam Participant
 
brunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Somewhere in Australia
Posts: 729
Rep Power: 0
brunz is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Am I the only one...

i agree with you 100% ...
__________________
(/_
(^-\) WEE! ART IS A BANG! UN
/_!_\ Put this on your siggy if you love Deidara

(^))) TOBI'S A GOOD BOY!
/_!_\ Put this on your siggy if you love Tobi

(^:_:^) I AM GOD!
/_!_\Put this on your siggy if you love Pain

HIDDEN MOONLIGHT VILLAGE!
brunz is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 11:02 PM   #23
mrsticky005
 
mrsticky005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the White Text House
Posts: 14,109
Rep Power: 27
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunz View Post
i agree with you 100% ...
awesome
mrsticky005 is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #24
LaGueraUchiha
Chunin
 
LaGueraUchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ☆Hidden Leaf Village •Konoha•
Posts: 1,081
Rep Power: 10
LaGueraUchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to LaGueraUchiha Send a message via Yahoo to LaGueraUchiha
Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Well some people want to make Shippuden more mature than it really is.
I mean yes it IS a tad bit more mature than Naruto. But any good story
will become more "mature" as it goes on. Stories that don't evolve usually
suck. It's better to have more dynamic than static characters.

At first I didn't care for the "Rescue Sasuke" mission of Naruto's.

But now without it Naruto's character wouldn't be as awesome as he is now.

The thing I like about Naruto and Sasuke is that they developed into characters I liked. Instead of someone like Rock Lee who I liked from the beginning.
Well the whole idea, of the story actually changing in time, or "maturing", is bound to happen sooner or later, or else the story will eventually get boring, because there won't be any new or interesting things to know, and I agree with you in how at first the sasuke resc-arc, was kinda ehhh, but needing it in the story does bring more attention to naruto.(which he is awesome)
__________________
SasuSaku
|★Loverholic Robotronic Loverholic Robotronic★|
Geobu hal su eopneun neo ae maryeok eun●══●Key
<3Fam ;D

-Kakashi FC member-Uchiha FC member -Tobi FC member-ItaDei FC member
[]-샤이니
-JUST SAW YOUR FACE..DIDN'T LIKE IT xD

LaGueraUchiha is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #25
mrsticky005
 
mrsticky005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the White Text House
Posts: 14,109
Rep Power: 27
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGueraUchiha View Post
Well the whole idea, of the story actually changing in time, or "maturing", is bound to happen sooner or later, or else the story will eventually get boring, because there won't be any new or interesting things to know, and I agree with you in how at first the sasuke resc-arc, was kinda ehhh, but needing it in the story does bring more attention to naruto.(which he is awesome)

In short Sasuke is Naruto's motivation.
mrsticky005 is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #26
3littlepigs
P-Chan
 
3littlepigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 0
3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
It's like this...

Uchiha and Senju create an alliance.
The only person who complained about this was Madara.
Madara fought with Hashirama over the role of Hokage but lost.
Since Madara is a sore loser he decided to get revenge on
not only the Senju clan but the Uchiha clan who had "betrayed" him.
Madara's will is passed down to an Uchiha faction. Now Uchiha and Senju
distrust each other. Madara releases nine tails on Uchiha. Mangekyo Sharnigan can control Nine Tails. However since Madara is believed
to be dead he won't get the blame. So Uchiha in general is blamed
and made as the collective scape goat. Itachi is forced to kill the
clan to prevent Civil War (likely what Madara was trying to do).
I still don't get how you arrived at the conclusion that the Uchiha clan wanting to overthrow the 3rd and take power was Madara's fault. Everything you said is correct and it makes Madara a "villain" but ultimately the Uchiha decided on their own he didn't force them, which brings me again to my point about Sasuke. Madara didn't FORCE Sasuke, Sasuke made a choice and that is not Madara's responsability. Look at Itachi, he made a decision to kill his whole clan in order to achieve something greater, he's my favorite character yet I don't feel sorry about the consequences he got by making that choice, because no one forced him to. However I admire him because unlike Sasuke that didn't change who he was at heart, he was super powerful but also strong mentally and emotionally. Naruto's another example, no parents, not even knowing who they were, rejected by everyone, has the kyuubi, and all of that pretty much happened because of Madara yet you don't see him going crazy and wanting revenge because of his luck. Instead he's trying to achieve someone else's dream, he's grown so much but Sasuke only keeps getting stronger physically and weaker mentally, is that also Madara's fault? Sasuke doesn't know what he wants, he changes depending on what someone else says...that's nobody's fault it's his.

Sorry if I sound harsh, it's not my intention. I can see we have different opinions and that's ok we just have to wait and see if Naruto's gonna be able to bring him back. If when he meets Sasuke and after they fight he can't bring him back, then he should do what Sakura wants to do now- kill him. IMO
I'm pretty sure Madara just wanted the destruction of Konoha, including the Uchiha but not just the clan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
In short Sasuke is Naruto's motivation.
I would say Naruto's main motivation right now is to change the Ninja world. To have peace somehow and finally achieve Jiraya's, Minato's and Pain's dreams. Of course he's motivated and determined to find Sasuke but now instead of just finding strength in his bond with Sasuke or Sakura's promise, he's thinking of what actions he should take if he wants to achieve permanent peace.
3littlepigs is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #27
sharingandeamon24
Chunin Exam Participant
 
sharingandeamon24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 790
Rep Power: 0
sharingandeamon24 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
....Who does NOT think Naruto should not turn his back on Sasuke?


I actually like the fact that Naruto keeps on with his wanting to save Sasuke attitude. If more people were like Naruto the world would a better place.
If Naruto gives up on Sasuke I feel as if the story will be ruined because
really when you think about it that IS the story.


Also Sasuke is NOT the problem.

The problem is Madara.

It's only a matter of time before people realize that.
exactly what i think
__________________
bro:[shikamaru]
sis:jiveh125
adopted:kushina
Bud:iNerdy
fan of:itachi,sasuke,asuma,kakashi,naruto
i like selena gomez
my best characters to play as on clash of ninja revolution III:itachi,sasuke,anbu kakashi,kakashi,hiruko

∩∩Hidden Mountain Village
sharingandeamon24
sharingandeamon24 is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #28
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 36,005
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
....Who does NOT think Naruto should not turn his back on Sasuke?


I actually like the fact that Naruto keeps on with his wanting to save Sasuke attitude. If more people were like Naruto the world would a better place.
If Naruto gives up on Sasuke I feel as if the story will be ruined because
really when you think about it that IS the story.


Also Sasuke is NOT the problem.

The problem is Madara.

It's only a matter of time before people realize that.
no actually when sasuke met naruto and sakura at the reunion, people including me think taht he only views itachis as a worthy o[pponent. well when he said hes just murder his freinds, yet spare jugo. it means sasuke is a insane loser. he felt nothing wrong with aiming to stab sakura so i find him the problem. he has vowed vengence on the leaf regardless if theyre shinobi or not. he just wants to kill them indiscrimanently. oh and when you say hes not evil for attacking the kage, in most cultures thats considered attempt murder. sasuke is too dangerous to help, and is coldhearted and an akatsuki. hes long past help and naruto needs to worry about the village, and not the emo,selfish no good sasuke.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now  
Old 12-07-2009, 11:34 AM   #29
mrsticky005
 
mrsticky005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the White Text House
Posts: 14,109
Rep Power: 27
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
I still don't get how you arrived at the conclusion that the Uchiha clan wanting to overthrow the 3rd and take power was Madara's fault. Everything you said is correct and it makes Madara a "villain" but ultimately the Uchiha decided on their own he didn't force them, which brings me again to my point about Sasuke. Madara didn't FORCE Sasuke, Sasuke made a choice and that is not Madara's responsability. Look at Itachi, he made a decision to kill his whole clan in order to achieve something greater, he's my favorite character yet I don't feel sorry about the consequences he got by making that choice, because no one forced him to. However I admire him because unlike Sasuke that didn't change who he was at heart, he was super powerful but also strong mentally and emotionally. Naruto's another example, no parents, not even knowing who they were, rejected by everyone, has the kyuubi, and all of that pretty much happened because of Madara yet you don't see him going crazy and wanting revenge because of his luck. Instead he's trying to achieve someone else's dream, he's grown so much but Sasuke only keeps getting stronger physically and weaker mentally, is that also Madara's fault? Sasuke doesn't know what he wants, he changes depending on what someone else says...that's nobody's fault it's his.

Sorry if I sound harsh, it's not my intention. I can see we have different opinions and that's ok we just have to wait and see if Naruto's gonna be able to bring him back. If when he meets Sasuke and after they fight he can't bring him back, then he should do what Sakura wants to do now- kill him. IMO
I'm pretty sure Madara just wanted the destruction of Konoha, including the Uchiha but not just the clan.


I would say Naruto's main motivation right now is to change the Ninja world. To have peace somehow and finally achieve Jiraya's, Minato's and Pain's dreams. Of course he's motivated and determined to find Sasuke but now instead of just finding strength in his bond with Sasuke or Sakura's promise, he's thinking of what actions he should take if he wants to achieve permanent peace.

I'm not saying that Sasuke is some kind of Saint or whatever.
I'm saying that it would be a mistake to go after him when
Madara is the REAL problem. I mean do you actually think
everything will be fine if Sasuke was killed? Madara is using
Sasuke as a red herring. All the Kages are paying too much
attention on Sasuke rather than Madara.

Madara is the leader of Akatsuki.
Sasuke is merely a pawn.

Naruto's motivation is Sasuke.
His goal is to become the greatest Hokage ever.
mrsticky005 is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #30
OtoSeptic
Genin
 
OtoSeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Reality. Unlike most.
Posts: 274
Rep Power: 0
OtoSeptic is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon_army17 View Post
no actually when sasuke met naruto and sakura at the reunion, people including me think taht he only views itachis as a worthy o[pponent. well when he said hes just murder his freinds, yet spare jugo. it means sasuke is a insane loser. he felt nothing wrong with aiming to stab sakura so i find him the problem. he has vowed vengence on the leaf regardless if theyre shinobi or not. he just wants to kill them indiscrimanently. oh and when you say hes not evil for attacking the kage, in most cultures thats considered attempt murder. sasuke is too dangerous to help, and is coldhearted and an akatsuki. hes long past help and naruto needs to worry about the village, and not the emo,selfish no good sasuke.
As for Sasuke trying to stab Sakura, we've seen that he's perfectly capable of cutting people up without killing them. There's no proof that he was trying to kill her.

And really, what we THINK Naruto should do doesn't really matter. XD
OtoSeptic is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #31
Uotsan
Apprentice Genin
 
Uotsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 161
Rep Power: 0
Uotsan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
I'm not saying that Sasuke is some kind of Saint or whatever.
I'm saying that it would be a mistake to go after him when
Madara is the REAL problem. I mean do you actually think
everything will be fine if Sasuke was killed? Madara is using
Sasuke as a red herring. All the Kages are paying too much
attention on Sasuke rather than Madara.

Madara is the leader of Akatsuki.
Sasuke is merely a pawn.

Naruto's motivation is Sasuke.
His goal is to become the greatest Hokage ever.
Sasuke is not Naruto motivation. Like someone said earlier Naruto main motivation is to find perminent peace like his father, Jiraya, and pain.
Uotsan is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #32
Sasuke072
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Sasuke072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: XxX[On The Winchester's Impala]XxX
Posts: 832
Rep Power: 0
Sasuke072 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to Sasuke072
Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
....Who does NOT think Naruto should not turn his back on Sasuke?


I actually like the fact that Naruto keeps on with his wanting to save Sasuke attitude. If more people were like Naruto the world would a better place.
If Naruto gives up on Sasuke I feel as if the story will be ruined because
really when you think about it that IS the story.


Also Sasuke is NOT the problem.

The problem is Madara.

It's only a matter of time before people realize that.
I agree.

Naruto going after Sasuke and Sasuke being his motivation most of the time to get stronger is what really makes the series. Really, without that the series would suck. I like it that even though everyone's against Sasuke right now, Naruto keeps trying to save him. Naruto's never been a quiter and he won't start being one now no matter how ugly things seem to get for Sasuke. Sasuke's just too important to him. And their relationship is what I like the most about the series.
Sasuke072 is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #33
mrsticky005
 
mrsticky005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the White Text House
Posts: 14,109
Rep Power: 27
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uotsan View Post
Sasuke is not Naruto motivation. Like someone said earlier Naruto main motivation is to find perminent peace like his father, Jiraya, and pain.


Are we even reading the same series? Saying "saving Sasuke" isn't Naruto's
motivation and what keeps him going and keeps him training is like saying
that Naruto's goal is to work at Ichiraku Ramen.

Seriously how many times have you heard Naruto say

"I'm gonna save Sasuke." or something like that?


Yeah Naruto wants peace but that's what any good person wants anyways. Naruto wants peace without sacrificing Sasuke for it.

Sasuke has been Naruto's motivation since chapter 2.

Naruto wants Sasuke's approval because he admires him.

That's why they were rivals and eventually best friends

and why Naruto's immediate goal is to save Sasuke.

(His long term goal is becoming Hokage. But he can't do that until he saves Sasuke since he said so himself "How can I ever become Hokage if I can't save one friend." So if Naruto gives up on Sasuke, being a man of his word
he'd have to give up on being Hokage too.)
mrsticky005 is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #34
mrsticky005
 
mrsticky005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the White Text House
Posts: 14,109
Rep Power: 27
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke072 View Post
I agree.

Naruto going after Sasuke and Sasuke being his motivation most of the time to get stronger is what really makes the series. Really, without that the series would suck. I like it that even though everyone's against Sasuke right now, Naruto keeps trying to save him. Naruto's never been a quiter and he won't start being one now no matter how ugly things seem to get for Sasuke. Sasuke's just too important to him. And their relationship is what I like the most about the series.
It reminds me of the Naruto vs Neji fight.

Neji kept going on about how it was "impossible" for Naruto to beat him.

Then guess who won? Naruto.
mrsticky005 is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #35
Uotsan
Apprentice Genin
 
Uotsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 161
Rep Power: 0
Uotsan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Are we even reading the same series? Saying "saving Sasuke" isn't Naruto's
motivation and what keeps him going and keeps him training is like saying
that Naruto's goal is to work at Ichiraku Ramen.

Seriously how many times have you heard Naruto say

"I'm gonna save Sasuke." or something like that?


Yeah Naruto wants peace but that's what any good person wants anyways. Naruto wants peace without sacrificing Sasuke for it.

Sasuke has been Naruto's motivation since chapter 2.

Naruto wants Sasuke's approval because he admires him.

That's why they were rivals and eventually best friends

and why Naruto's immediate goal is to save Sasuke.

(His long term goal is becoming Hokage. But he can't do that until he saves Sasuke since he said so himself "How can I ever become Hokage if I can't save one friend." So if Naruto gives up on Sasuke, being a man of his word
he'd have to give up on being Hokage too.)

I didn't say that Sauske was never Naruto motivation. I'm saying that as of right know Naruto main motivation is to find perminent peace like his father, Jiraya, and Pain.
Uotsan is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #36
Sasuke072
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Sasuke072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: XxX[On The Winchester's Impala]XxX
Posts: 832
Rep Power: 0
Sasuke072 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to Sasuke072
Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
It reminds me of the Naruto vs Neji fight.

Neji kept going on about how it was "impossible" for Naruto to beat him.

Then guess who won? Naruto.
Exactly. And 'Naruto's power', like Kakashi said once, about being able to chance peoples' hearts and thoughts... the only one who Naruto hasn't been able to change for now is Sasuke. But I believe Naruto will manage to make it happen for him too. He can pull him out of the darkness, no matter how far he's in it because that's what he's done for everyone else so far.
Sasuke072 is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #37
mrsticky005
 
mrsticky005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the White Text House
Posts: 14,109
Rep Power: 27
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke072 View Post
Exactly. And 'Naruto's power', like Kakashi said once, about being able to chance peoples' hearts and thoughts... the only one who Naruto hasn't been able to change for now is Sasuke. But I believe Naruto will manage to make it happen for him too. He can pull him out of the darkness, no matter how far he's in it because that's what he's done for everyone else so far.

Remember this...

Kidomaru: Try all you want...But you can't stop it...Lord Sasuke...has willingly joined the sound

Neji: You're wrong. There is someone who can find and rescue Sasuke from the darkness

Kidomaru: Heh. Sasuke belongs to Lord Orochimaru. No one can...

Neji: He can...

Neji (thought): For...Naruto...you...saved me from the darkness.


Can you say "Foreshadowing"
mrsticky005 is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #38
OtoSeptic
Genin
 
OtoSeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Reality. Unlike most.
Posts: 274
Rep Power: 0
OtoSeptic is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Remember this...

Kidomaru: Try all you want...But you can't stop it...Lord Sasuke...has willingly joined the sound

Neji: You're wrong. There is someone who can find and rescue Sasuke from the darkness

Kidomaru: Heh. Sasuke belongs to Lord Orochimaru. No one can...

Neji: He can...

Neji (thought): For...Naruto...you...saved me from the darkness.


Can you say "Foreshadowing"
Ah, I love that quote. Trufax, Neji. Trufax.
OtoSeptic is offline  
Old 12-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #39
mrsticky005
 
mrsticky005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the White Text House
Posts: 14,109
Rep Power: 27
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtoSeptic View Post
Ah, I love that quote. Trufax, Neji. Trufax.
Trufax?
mrsticky005 is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #40
3littlepigs
P-Chan
 
3littlepigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 0
3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
I'm not saying that Sasuke is some kind of Saint or whatever.
I'm saying that it would be a mistake to go after him when
Madara is the REAL problem. I mean do you actually think
everything will be fine if Sasuke was killed? Madara is using
Sasuke as a red herring. All the Kages are paying too much
attention on Sasuke rather than Madara.

Madara is the leader of Akatsuki.
Sasuke is merely a pawn.

Naruto's motivation is Sasuke.
His goal is to become the greatest Hokage ever.
How are the Kages concerned with Sasuke anymore? See that's what i'm trying to say you're giving him too much importance (is he like your fav character?) The Kages stopped worrying about Sasuke the minute the war was declared, they wouldn't be very good Kages if they didn't. Gaara is an exception simply because he cares about Naruto's feelings. So it seems you agree with me that Sasuke's a pawn...at least we have that in common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uotsan View Post
Sasuke is not Naruto motivation. Like someone said earlier Naruto main motivation is to find perminent peace like his father, Jiraya, and pain.
THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Are we even reading the same series? Saying "saving Sasuke" isn't Naruto's
motivation and what keeps him going and keeps him training is like saying
that Naruto's goal is to work at Ichiraku Ramen.

Seriously how many times have you heard Naruto say

"I'm gonna save Sasuke." or something like that?


Yeah Naruto wants peace but that's what any good person wants anyways. Naruto wants peace without sacrificing Sasuke for it.

Sasuke has been Naruto's motivation since chapter 2.

Naruto wants Sasuke's approval because he admires him.

That's why they were rivals and eventually best friends

and why Naruto's immediate goal is to save Sasuke.

(His long term goal is becoming Hokage. But he can't do that until he saves Sasuke since he said so himself "How can I ever become Hokage if I can't save one friend." So if Naruto gives up on Sasuke, being a man of his word
he'd have to give up on being Hokage too.)
Yes, are we reading the same series? Obviously if you're talking about Naruto in Part I and the first half of Part II then yes, you're correct that was Naruto's motivation for everything he was doing, especially training. However, if you take a look at Naruto now, after experiencing the death of someone so close to him, after fighting Pain he is not that same kid who only thinks of Sasuke and Sakura. He said so himself, when he made that promise to Jiraya "to find true peace" he was just a kid trying to impress his master but now it's different. Pain really opened his eyes as to how difficult it is to even come up with a plan for permanent peace let alone putting that plan into action.

Naruto no longer wants Sasuke's approval, he already got in Part I. If he's looking for Sasuke it's because he cares for him like a brother nothing else. Your comparison with Ichiraku Ramen is ridiculous...Naruto is carrying Jiraya's, Minato's, Pain's, Yahiko's and now Konan's dreams while at the same time he promised Pain he would find peace for Amegakure too and you think Sasuke's what motivates him to do those things? It's the contrary, because of all those dreams is that he's even motivated to save Sasuke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uotsan View Post
I didn't say that Sauske was never Naruto motivation. I'm saying that as of right know Naruto main motivation is to find perminent peace like his father, Jiraya, and Pain.
THANK YOU! Again
3littlepigs is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.