Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

View Poll Results: What's your opinion on Sakura?
She's stupid and selfish! She should die fighting Sasuke! 18 27.69%
This chapter made me like her character again. 26 40.00%
This new chapter has bumped her up to one of my favorite characters! 21 32.31%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2009, 08:29 PM   #41
shikamarulover18
Veteran Chunin

shikamarulover18 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why Is Everyone Being Stupid About The Sakura Situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtoSeptic View Post
Saying she's gonna get Sai, Kiba, and Lee killed really isn't a fair argument; if they weren't helping her, they'd be going after Sasuke with Shikamaru instead. Saying Sakura's being rash and not thinking about them is, subsequently, saying that Shikamaru is rash and not thinking and gonna get HIS group killed.
personally, i would rather die a thousand times under shikamaru's command than once under sakura's. shikamaru is a worthy leader who is a GENIOUS, and doesn't let emotions detract from his fighting ability. at least they would have a better chance of survival with shikamaru as their leader. sakura is too emotional and too emotionally invested in her battle with sasuke which would just be another disadvantage on her part. i just think it's a lose/lose situation for her.

Forum Family: Ishtar (brother), ~blackstar~ (sister), i_love_kakashi (father), JapaneseAnimeForLife (little bro), Sasukegal (big sis), TOKIE_TOKIE (cousin), konan9 (sister, naruto_jock (sketchy neighbor)

(./_\.) Mangekyo Sharingan!!!
/_!_\ Put this on your siggy if you love Itachi
<3Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, Kisuke, Byakuya, Ichigo, Ishida, Renji, Hanataro, Aizen, and Noba<3
Old 12-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #42
OtoSeptic
Genin

OtoSeptic is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamarulover18 View Post
personally, i would rather die a thousand times under shikamaru's command than once under sakura's. shikamaru is a worthy leader who is a GENIOUS, and doesn't let emotions detract from his fighting ability. at least they would have a better chance of survival with shikamaru as their leader. sakura is too emotional and too emotionally invested in her battle with sasuke which would just be another disadvantage on her part. i just think it's a lose/lose situation for her.
Ah, but couldn't they actually be safer with her? We saw what happened when Sasuke got angry at those Samurai attacking him: he obliterated them. If Shikamaru and a bunch of other Leaf chuunin -- who Sasuke has no emotional attachment to -- come after Sasuke, what's to say he won't snap like he did before and try to kill them all? But we've seen that he still cares about Team 7, so if Sakura's there, he DOES have an emotional bond that might help him keep his head and avoid going into Crazy Killer Mode.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #43
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

I actually agree with you.

Sakura had gone from "bottom of the pit" to "awesome" in just a couple of chapters, I'm glad she's willing to finally deal with Sasuke, unlike SOMEONE.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:58 AM   #44
Reala
Chunin Exam Proctor

Location: You know when i said i wouldn't come your house when you weren't there anymore? I LIED
Reala saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
well i think it's optimistic to assume that sakura would be able to get close enough to hit sasuke.. and the reason i called her weak is because i judge her in relation to the other characters she's fighting against. if she was fighting against ten ten, then i would say she'd stomp. but since she's going against sasuke, i think she's royally screwed and weak in comparison to him. and i don't think sakura's newfound desire to do something is as righteous as you all wish it is. i think she should leave sai, kiba, lee, and shino out of it. why should they die because of her emotional attachment to sasuke? i think she needs to calm down, take a step back, and re-assess the situation to where she would have a better chance of living than what she's currently doing--which is acting like a vigilante and taking things into her own hands.
Sasuke, even if he gets healed by Karin, if Sakura finds him and starts a fight, he'll still be exhausted, he's just fought four kages and their body guards, a bunch of samurai and used susano'o, he's at least going to wear down quicker.
Also, if Sakura does manage to land a hit, Sasuke is going to break a few bones.
And Sasuke might have a sight relapse, he may be fast, but if, even for one second, he gets a relapse, he's the one who's screwed.
Plus, she probably won't be fighting alone, so that means she has two other highly skilled chunins and a member of the anbu who are fighting with her, that's 4v2, and Karin is very useless so she's not going to be much help. plus i have a feeling Sai will take Karin down if Sakura doesn't.

So Sakura does have a chance, but only by luck and Sasuke's stupidity, although if Suigetsu and Juugo find Sasuke and help him out, Sakura's more likely to be defeated, but she does infact have a chance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Believers NEVER Die!
Old 12-06-2009, 06:00 AM   #45
valtreck
Genin

valtreck is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to valtreck Send a message via Skype™ to valtreck

after reading this chapter, i realised that sakura really have guts to take on somebody she loves
Old 12-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #46
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Sakura may have incredible strength.
But it won't matter if she can't match Sasuke's speed
or if he is using S'suano.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #47
3littlepigs
P-Chan

3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
well i think it's optimistic to assume that sakura would be able to get close enough to hit sasuke.. and the reason i called her weak is because i judge her in relation to the other characters she's fighting against. if she was fighting against ten ten, then i would say she'd stomp. but since she's going against sasuke, i think she's royally screwed and weak in comparison to him. and i don't think sakura's newfound desire to do something is as righteous as you all wish it is. i think she should leave sai, kiba, lee, and shino out of it. why should they die because of her emotional attachment to sasuke? i think she needs to calm down, take a step back, and re-assess the situation to where she would have a better chance of living than what she's currently doing--which is acting like a vigilante and taking things into her own hands.
Shino? He's not with them...and while I completely agree with you she has no chance of defeating Sasuke (come on people, he just went up against 4 Kages, hurting Raikage really bad and avoiding Gaara's attacks) I do see why she's going with Lee, Kiba and Sai. Most shinobi work in teams (unlike Naruto who wouldn't really need a team anymore) and Shikamaru did plan this so there must be a reason why Lee was chosen. (I can see why Kiba and Sai were chosen but not Lee). I would be mad at Sakura though if she's not going along with Shikamaru's plan, because then she's putting everyone else in danger for being too emotional.
Quote:
so if Sakura's there, he DOES have an emotional bond that might help him keep his head and avoid going into Crazy Killer Mode.
LOL That was funny! About that though....wasn't Sasuke going to use "Kirin" on them way back when they first met in Part II? I don't think Sakura being the one trying to stop him it's going to make a big difference.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #48
dillydally
Genin

dillydally is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I respect sakura way more after this chapter, to the point where she went from a character I didn't care about to one of my new favorites.
I also think people are underestimating sakura just like how they underestimated sasuke when he said he was going to the kage meeting
Old 12-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #49
OtoSeptic
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
LOL That was funny! About that though....wasn't Sasuke going to use "Kirin" on them way back when they first met in Part II? I don't think Sakura being the one trying to stop him it's going to make a big difference.
I'm convinced that his using "THAT jutsu" in Sound was an act. He never intended to kill them; we can deduce that much from his attitude about not killing innocents until recently.

Sakura WAS the one who calmed him down when he went cursed seal in the Forest of Death; maybe it won't be anything so dramatic this time around, but I'd think she'd have some effect or another, however he may act.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #50
Hinata Hyuga's BestFriend
Chunin

Hinata Hyuga's BestFriend is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hinata Hyuga's BestFriend is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hinata Hyuga's BestFriend is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hinata Hyuga's BestFriend is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViolletteHeart View Post
I tend to prefer characters like Konan, Tsunade, and Temari because: 1) They are less selfish and annoying, 2) They are really powerful and strong, so 3) They don't need men protecting them. They can fight on their own. Basically, those three demonstrate the feminist qualities I can stand behind.
I agree completely. I am the kind of girl that doesn't like fighting; however, if something did come down to a fight (like I was with a boyfriend or just a guys friend or something, and someone was trying to hurt us), I would NOT sit back and let him do all the fighting and protecting while I just stood there. Rather, the two of us would work together to win. One thing I really, REALLY like about Naruto is that boys really aren't stronger than girls; either gender can be deadly, and Mr. Kishimoto does not have the girls sit out; rather, he has them work hard, do their best, and pwn.

And as for the topic of this thread, I agree; people need to stop being stupid about Sakura. I have always liked her, and the fact that she is actually willing to kill the person she's in love with to save him and the shinobi world is very mature. I don't see why so many people are out to get her (although some may just be haters who look for any excuse to bash her). Whether she can win against Sasuke isn't really the point; the fact that she is willing to try shows that she has grown up and matured a lot, in my opinion.

Naruto fan 7 years, forum member 3 years
Bones, Criminal Minds, Pretty Little Liars, New Girl, Harry Potter, The Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew
Owner and Founder of NaruHina Supporters United!
Fear My Girl Power!
Mega fan of Hinata, Naruto, Kakashi, and Shikamaru! ♥
Old 12-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #51
TheViolletteHeart
Special Jonin Candidate

TheViolletteHeart is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinata Hyuga's BestFriend View Post
I agree completely. I am the kind of girl that doesn't like fighting; however, if something did come down to a fight (like I was with a boyfriend or just a guys friend or something, and someone was trying to hurt us), I would NOT sit back and let him do all the fighting and protecting while I just stood there. Rather, the two of us would work together to win.
Heck yes. I'm feminist, but not your stereotypical "all men are bad" feminist. I'm more like you; we ought to be fighting side by side as equals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinata Hyuga's BestFriend View Post
One thing I really, REALLY like about Naruto is that boys really aren't stronger than girls; either gender can be deadly, and Mr. Kishimoto does not have the girls sit out; rather, he has them work hard, do their best, and pwn.
Not completely true. Although there are many strong women, their are still several such as Hinata, Ino, and Tenten who are a lot weaker than the males. They are strong, yes, but the guys greatly out power them, sadly. Other than that, I agree. The girls can pwn a lot.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #52
narutosagetoad
Banned

narutosagetoad is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to narutosagetoad

Well I think she will end up not fighting him. I think someone will save/stop sakura from actually trying Kishimoto won't act stupid enough to actually let her fight Sasuke.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:11 PM   #53
3littlepigs
P-Chan

3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
I'm convinced that his using "THAT jutsu" in Sound was an act. He never intended to kill them; we can deduce that much from his attitude about not killing innocents until recently.

Sakura WAS the one who calmed him down when he went cursed seal in the Forest of Death; maybe it won't be anything so dramatic this time around, but I'd think she'd have some effect or another, however he may act.
You think he was just pretending, fooling around? I don't know isn't Sasuke always so serious about what he says, acting like a grown up? I suppose it's a matter of opinion, to me it seemed like he wanted to try it on them and Oro and Kabuto stopped him.

In the Forest of Death he was trying to win an exam not kill someone or destroy someone for revenge. Granted Sakura did calm him down but do you honestly think he won't kill her when she tries to kill him? when he hasn't killed Danzou and the elders yet? besides during his last battle he got extremely agressive so this time he might not even listen to her.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #54
gno350
Freshmen Academy Student

gno350 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

quick question...does everyone forget sasuke...naruto and sakura have all trained under the legenday sannin...while naruto and sasuke may have gotten even stronger,,,i dont think she gonna be such a push over
Old 12-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #55
OtoSeptic
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
You think he was just pretending, fooling around? I don't know isn't Sasuke always so serious about what he says, acting like a grown up? I suppose it's a matter of opinion, to me it seemed like he wanted to try it on them and Oro and Kabuto stopped him.

In the Forest of Death he was trying to win an exam not kill someone or destroy someone for revenge. Granted Sakura did calm him down but do you honestly think he won't kill her when she tries to kill him? when he hasn't killed Danzou and the elders yet? besides during his last battle he got extremely agressive so this time he might not even listen to her.
Well, in that same scene, Sasuke said he didn't care if Orochimaru took his body -- forty chapters later, we find out that's a lie. His entire attitude in Sound seemed to be a facade to keep Orochimaru from catching on to his plan to betray him.

As for the exam, he wasn't just trying to win it; he broke a stranger's arms and grinned like a crazy mofo while doing it.Sakura did "save him from himself," in essence, or at least from the power trip he was having. I wonder if that in itself wasn't a bit of foreshadowing. But to answer your question, no, I don't think he'll kill her, and I'll be surprised if he actually, honestly tries.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:19 AM   #56
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Who thinks Sakura will change her mind on killing Sasuke?

I do.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:39 AM   #57
Rikudo Sennin
7-Up Disciple

Rikudo Sennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!Rikudo Sennin has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Who thinks Sakura will change her mind on killing Sasuke?

I do.
me too.
She cant do it!

Feed me some negative reps
no reverse psychology please

Do.not.be.Afraid
Old 12-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #58
Reala
Chunin Exam Proctor

Location: You know when i said i wouldn't come your house when you weren't there anymore? I LIED
Reala saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Awards Showcase

I think she can and will try to do it.
But has anyone noticed, Sasuke hasn't seen what she can do, remember? She missed when attempting to hit him, he doesn't know that she's trained under Tsunade, and if he does he doesn't know everything Tsunade taught her.
I think he's going to be surprised when he see her coming at him with the intent to kill.
If Sasuke slips up, even for just one second, and gets hit, he's royally screwed.
Even Kakashi admitted that he was done for if he got hit by one of Sakura's punches.
Plus, Sakura can probably do something like Tsunade did when fighting Kabuto, that only took one touch for his nerve system to be screwed up.
I think people should stop saying that Sakura has no chance.
She does have quite a fair chance.
Because Sasuke's just fought five kages, a bunch of samurai and used Susanoo, he's not going to walk away scot free from that, he's going to be exhausted, yeah he may be healed by Karin, but that's not replacing the energy he's used up.

And i don't think she will change her mind either, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" or for those who don't understand that, nothing's more dangerous than a woman when she's pissed, which is equal to what Sakura's feeling now.

Believers NEVER Die!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:38 AM   #59
mangagirl
Drama King
Perpetually leaving the forum

mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to mangagirl

because they dont understand girls...

Old 12-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #60
blackstar160
Genin

blackstar160 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think in the rite moments,she can be cool.