Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

View Poll Results: To split, or not to split the Battlegrounds?
Yes; I believe in splitting the Battlegrounds. 36 76.60%
No; the negatives outweigh the positives. 11 23.40%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
C. Hook
Genin Elite

C. Hook is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Proposal to Split the Battlegrounds

Now, this may seem like a drastic idea, but hear me out.

The Battlegrounds here are improving dramatically in terms of thread content and creation speed, but there's just one little problem: All the threads go into the same forum. Naruto vs. Kakashi is in the same forum as Darkseid vs. Apocolypse.

The Problems
  1. -Naruto threads are just as common as those not including the series only, and far more common than those without Naruto characters. A lot of people enjoy threads with more obscure characters, or threads with One Piece, Dragonball, or Bleach characters. Many Naruto threads get pushed off by the non-Naruto threads, while many of those get knocked off by Shikamaru vs. Temmari or the like.
  2. -There are a limited amount of Naruto characters, and sadly this means there are a limited amount of potential threads. Hence the need to increase interest in more obscure series.
  3. Obscure series, which don't receive enough interest, could receive more through having their own forum, as they wouldn't be crowded out by Naruto threads.
  4. The threads not including Naruto characters technically do not belong in this section, but they have no other place to go.
How I think the forums should be split: There is a Bathhouse with an off-topic discussion board, a debate board, and other boards. By adding a separate battlegrounds forum there and moving many of the current non-Naruto only threads there, you could allow both Naruto and non-Naruto franchises to stand out in their own battlegrounds. The new Battlegrounds (Bath House Battlegrounds?) could be included as a subforum in the Debate or Off-topic sections, OR it could just be a sub-forum of the Bath House.

True, neither Battleground would be quite as popular, but the individual threads in both Battlegrounds could potentially get more attention and time on the front page.

This proposal is not any sort of official one; it's simply a consideration for all you forum members out there. How would you enjoy the thought of splitting the Battlegrounds? Would it free up threads, or would it have too many negative consequences/take too much effort?
C. Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
Abigail
Genin Elite

Abigail is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Proposal to Split the Battlegrounds

Good idea.

It does get a bit tiring to see a line of Naruto threads pushing off ones I actually give a crap about.
Abigail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

Might be a good idea, considering some people have wanted Naruto only debates on this part of the forum while a bunch of other verses have joined this part of the forum, and vice-versa.
Miles Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #4
Yuuta
Chunin

Yuuta is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I agree, I think Naruto char only debates are a good idea.
/_!_\ You know you like her too.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
`@__
(^_\_) "Flowers of Hope that Never Die"
/_ ! _\ I LOVE Konan, The Lady Angel
Konan might be the most underrated character in Naruto.
____
/o_0\ AAIIIEEE!!!
/_!!_\ I LOVE Shizune

Violence isn't always the answer.
Apprentice - bowserkage
Yuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #5
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

hmm its not a bad idea,but there will a lot of controversy over it :/
Lady Tsunade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #6
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

What's a good idea without a bit of controversy.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I thought you would say this. Instead of moving one to the bath house, they could be split into subforums inside the battlegrounds forum itself. Also, I think that compared to other universe matches, Naruto only matches aren't that many any more. I think that instead, it could be composed of the three HST universe - Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. These are the three most popular manga, so there would actually be many Naruto fans who were additionally fans of the other series, like myself. At the same time, it would serve the purpose of making Naruto VS Naruto threads easier to find, since that's one of the only three HST universes. Plus, this would make sure that both forums had about the same amount of threads when split, since three popular universes are almost completely equal to every other universe. I would take some work though, as the Battlegrounds has 2,970 threads, and it would also take enxtensive knowledge of the characters from each verse if it were to be those three.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #8
Nābris
Queen Meme
Sage of Oolong Tea

Nābris just might be Kage someday.
Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
I thought you would say this. Instead of moving one to the bath house, they could be split into subforums inside the battlegrounds forum itself.
This would be a better idea compared to the bath house, in my opinion.

I am unsure about the HST split idea. It is difficult to be certain, but there appears to be less One Piece/Bleach fans that are willing to contribute to the debates regarding these characters. From what I see, the same people support the battles.

Again, I am not one hundred percent sure about that, but it would ultimately mean that the One Piece and Bleach threads would be significantly less active than the Naruto thread. Perhaps one large thread would be a better idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nābris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #9
C. Hook
Genin Elite

I'm glad to see the support for this idea.

Splitting within the battledome would be nice, but how would it be split? A separate "Other" battledome for non-Naruto threads? Or a separate one for non-HST only threads?

I guess Naruto threads ARE becoming less common now, but I think that it would be nice for non-HST threads in general to prosper.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #10
zebrakiller
Special Jonin Candidate

zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!

i think should have 3 boards: naruto vs. naruto; naruto vs. other; other vs. other. swee and simple
zebrakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #11
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrakiller View Post
i think should have 3 boards: naruto vs. naruto; naruto vs. other; other vs. other. swee and simple
That might work well.
Miles Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #12
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrakiller View Post
I kind of don't like the idea of splitting it into 3 separate boards. But I think enough post would post in all 3 that none of them would end up dying very quickly after being started.

Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #13
Manwe Sulimo
Genin Elite

Manwe Sulimo is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I say no. Why? Because it will create a divisive faction that frowns upon Naruto and those who debate it. We don't need another OBD.

I would actually support a rule stating that all threads must involve a character from Naruto, while still being able to include characters from other universes. This is a Naruto forum, not a generic vs. debating forum.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #14
C. Hook
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwe Sulimo View Post
I say no. Why? Because it will create a divisive faction that frowns upon Naruto and those who debate it. We don't need another OBD.
The thing is, there is already a place where non-Naruto threads can be discussed: The Bathhouse. Vs debates involving non HST mangas in a subforum there would be nice. Dividing between HST threads and non-HST threads could prove less divisiveness.

And the main reason the OBD acquired its Naruto hate was because of the old days with the One Piece deathsquad.

Speaking of which, I'd say the current Battlegrounds is more pro-One Piece than the OBD, oddly enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwe Sulimo View Post
I would actually support a rule stating that all threads must involve a character from Naruto, while still being able to include characters from other universes. This is a Naruto forum, not a generic vs. debating forum.
And? There are a limited number of characters from Naruto. Pitting people from Naruto against those in other forums would have some potential, but in the end it seems a small step to have Naruto-free debates.

If this is a Naruto forum, then split up the battlegrounds so that this part can stay Naruto, and the other section, preferably in the Bathhouse (Where Naruto is not the main thing), can host other potential contenders.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #15
zebrakiller
Special Jonin Candidate

zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!

that is true. posts count here even when theres a ton of spam threads and spam one-word posts
Old 12-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #16
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Shouldn't the battles between characters of other shows technically go into the "Polls" section since The Battlegrounds specifically says Naruto characters?

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #17
zebrakiller
Special Jonin Candidate

well, once all the naruto battles got used up (the same ones still seem to come up tho), its only natural ppl would start to expand
Old 12-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #18
C. Hook
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
Shouldn't the battles between characters of other shows technically go into the "Polls" section since The Battlegrounds specifically says Naruto characters?
That could work.

The problem is, the poll section is also cluttered up by polls such as "Chocolate vs. Sugar vs. Bananas" or whatever. The situation for non-Naruto threads would be even worse. Not only that, but the spam there is, believe it or not, worse than any here in the Battlegrounds.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #19
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Hook View Post
That could work.

The problem is, the poll section is also cluttered up by polls such as "Chocolate vs. Sugar vs. Bananas" or whatever. The situation for non-Naruto threads would be even worse. Not only that, but the spam there is, believe it or not, worse than any here in the Battlegrounds.
Haha, yeah I know what you mean about that, I spend a nice bit of time answering polls. I'm not saying it would solve the problem just that with current description of the subforums they technically should be there. I agree with your idea though, I think it would help a lot.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:24 PM   #20
321zigzag1
Banned

321zigzag1 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Hook View Post
Now, this may seem like a drastic idea, but hear me out.

The Battlegrounds here are improving dramatically in terms of thread content and creation speed, but there's just one little problem: All the threads go into the same forum. Naruto vs. Kakashi is in the same forum as Darkseid vs. Apocolypse.

The Problems
  1. -Naruto threads are just as common as those not including the series only, and far more common than those without Naruto characters. A lot of people enjoy threads with more obscure characters, or threads with One Piece, Dragonball, or Bleach characters. Many Naruto threads get pushed off by the non-Naruto threads, while many of those get knocked off by Shikamaru vs. Temmari or the like.
  2. -There are a limited amount of Naruto characters, and sadly this means there are a limited amount of potential threads. Hence the need to increase interest in more obscure series.
  3. Obscure series, which don't receive enough interest, could receive more through having their own forum, as they wouldn't be crowded out by Naruto threads.
  4. The threads not including Naruto characters technically do not belong in this section, but they have no other place to go.
How I think the forums should be split: There is a Bathhouse with an off-topic discussion board, a debate board, and other boards. By adding a separate battlegrounds forum there and moving many of the current non-Naruto only threads there, you could allow both Naruto and non-Naruto franchises to stand out in their own battlegrounds. The new Battlegrounds (Bath House Battlegrounds?) could be included as a subforum in the Debate or Off-topic sections, OR it could just be a sub-forum of the Bath House.

True, neither Battleground would be quite as popular, but the individual threads in both Battlegrounds could potentially get more attention and time on the front page.

This proposal is not any sort of official one; it's simply a consideration for all you forum members out there. How would you enjoy the thought of splitting the Battlegrounds? Would it free up threads, or would it have too many negative consequences/take too much effort?

It appears you are playing an increasing role in this place?

Anyway I think its a good idea. Splitting off somewhere along those lines would do some justice I think.
Kudos for suggesting such an idea.

+reps.

Although Manwe had the caution in bringing up an on the whole Naruto hate thing.
321zigzag1 is offline   Reply With Quote