Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #21
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth
Default Re: 4th Hokage vs. Hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag1 View Post
Curious since you are the top debator here.
How did you guys come to Minato's speed if he is featless in speed.

Also how does supersonic speed compare to FTG which is teleportation
O.o
I didn't come up with Minato's base speed.

I dunno where the whole supersonic FTG thing came up, maybe I said something that sounded like that and it sorta spread around, I'm not sure how that began lol.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #22
321zigzag1
Banned

321zigzag1 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee_112713 View Post
I didn't come up with Minato's base speed.

I dunno where the whole supersonic FTG thing came up, maybe I said something that sounded like that and it sorta spread around, I'm not sure how that began lol.
Oh?

Well it reallu makes no sense teleportation doesn't equal speed. But some go around that here and believe that and I am like LOLWUT?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #23
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Wright

Everyone probably just got caught up in the confusion, thats all. The supersonic speed crap isn't including FTG as it seems, so yeah basically like Lee said, I guess it just spread around from someone, it could be his base speed, yet I agree there aren't any feats showing it without FTG..

Boss Summons make him stomp anyway, speed or not.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Old 11-30-2009, 05:36 AM   #24
jurrasenshuriken
Chunin Exam Participant

jurrasenshuriken has completed a tough C-rank mission!jurrasenshuriken has completed a tough C-rank mission!jurrasenshuriken has completed a tough C-rank mission!

did you really even have to make this there is no comparing hidan to the 4th no way what so ever
Old 11-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #25
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

xD wow!!Thats not fair on Hidan!!He would be rofl stomped!!
Old 11-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #26
sarutobi17
Special Jonin Candidate

sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

i think minato wins he's smart enough to figure out hidans style and it's already been proven hidans the slowest attacker in the akatsuki meanwhile minato has speed and teleportation to use with his attacks and theres no kakuzu to stich up hidan.
"Ever my heart rises as we draw near the mountains. There is good rock here. This country has tough bones. I felt them in my feet as we came up from the dike. Give me a year and a hundred of my kin and I would make this a place that armies would break upon like water. ...Sleep! I feel the need of it. Yet my axe is restless in my hand. Give me a row of orc-necks and room to swing and all weariness will fall from me!"-Gimli {LOTR}
Old 11-30-2009, 02:24 PM   #27
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

We have no speed feats for Minato in base speed, so it's entirely possible Hidan is physically faster than Minato. FTG works two ways: It teleports to a kunai with a tag on it, or it can teleport to another object that's been tagged. If Minato throws a kunai, Hidan's scythe would block it. However, Minato could teleport to the deflected kunai and use Rasengan at such a close range, or decapitate Hidan with a kunai. He could also let Hidan's scythe scratch him enough to get blood, tag the scythe, and when Hidan pulls back on the scythe to lick the blood, he teleports to the tag and uses a kunai or Rasengan. However, we don't know how powerful his Rasengan is, either. If he summons Gamabunta, the mere force of Bunta's weight would crush Hidan completely and Minato wins. Of the three ways Minato can win, I think the most impressive is tagging the scythe after being hit, because that makes Hidan think he's one and then he gets defeated at the very last second. Winner: Minato Namikaze.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #28
makibo496
Genin

makibo496 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
Show some proof that he speedblitz, Minato hasn't shown any speed feats besides FTG.
w t f do u mean he hasnt
his name is the yellow flash of konoha
his special technique is teleportation superspeed
he throws a kunai and teleports to where it is
Old 11-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #29
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makibo496 View Post
w t f do u mean he hasnt

I know it wasn't my post, but I know he has no base speed feats.

his name is the yellow flash of konoha

Not a Speed Feat.

his special technique is teleportation superspeed

Not a BASE Speed Feat.

he throws a kunai and teleports to where it is
And somehow he throws a kunai faster than everyone else in the series? He has no base speed feats. FTG is near instantaneous, but he clearly has no feats for his base speed.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #30
Itachi1119
Freshmen Academy Student

Itachi1119 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Itachi1119

Minato's very quick and Hidan is the slowest member of the Akatsuki and in order for Hidan to win he would need to draw blood with his scyth so unless your slower than Hidan he cant beat you Minato hands down.

You don't have enough Hate.....And you know something.......YOU NEVER WILL !!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #31
Skylar
Special Jonin Candidate

Skylar is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I'd go for Minato...Not only can he throw kunai's with special seals on them to teleport(which seems to be the only thing u all are thinking about) he can also just touch anything to put a seal on it and teleport to it-for example when he teleported to Kakashi to prevent him getting killed by the stone ninja, after he teleported there all he had to do is press his hand quickly on the ninja's foot and was able to put the seal on his shoe....

Minato doesn't even need to form a hand seal to teleport, and its instantaneously and when he does it produces no smoke or sound-example he was able to teleport behind the stone ninja without any noise, and without him even knowing. Also when he teleported to Kakashi to safe him, he was also able to avoid getting hit by the stone ninja's sword-giving him a dodge/smart feat....

Another thing is summoning jutsu. Seeing as a rasengan could probably not bury or dismember Hidan, Gamabunta could. Gamabunta could just slam his yakuza sword(yes thats what its called) which would easily dismember Hidan......

Also Minato is smarter than Hidan. Seeing as he was able to come up with a plan to defeat the Nine tails, and Stone Ninja. And since Hidan hasn't really shown any big feats in that department....

-Bro's-Zachrex33-Darkamaru-Kakashi71-

-Weapon:Naginata-

I know what your thinking, "Here comes Old Greg, he's a scaley man-fish" you don't know me, you don't know what I got.---Old Greg
Old 11-30-2009, 05:26 PM   #32
sarutobi17
Special Jonin Candidate

sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

i like the points deidara330 made about the possible ways minato could win and the blood on the scythe one was the best in my opn.
"Ever my heart rises as we draw near the mountains. There is good rock here. This country has tough bones. I felt them in my feet as we came up from the dike. Give me a year and a hundred of my kin and I would make this a place that armies would break upon like water. ...Sleep! I feel the need of it. Yet my axe is restless in my hand. Give me a row of orc-necks and room to swing and all weariness will fall from me!"-Gimli {LOTR}
Old 11-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #33
Skylar
Special Jonin Candidate

I just read what someone posted, and Hidan did say that he was the slowest member in the akatsuki...However, he was pretty fast when he fought Kakashi(well for that short time) however Kakashi was able to fend off his attacks, but that could be because of the sharingan....However, Minato's teleportation could save him if Hidan starts to get to close for comfort...So this is another thing that could play in Minato's favor.....

I know what your thinking, "Here comes Old Greg, he's a scaley man-fish" you don't know me, you don't know what I got.---Old Greg
Old 11-30-2009, 05:38 PM   #34
Berzakinski
Genin

Berzakinski is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
I just read what someone posted, and Hidan did say that he was the slowest member in the akatsuki...However, he was pretty fast when he fought Kakashi(well for that short time) however Kakashi was able to fend off his attacks, but that could be because of the sharingan....However, Minato's teleportation could save him if Hidan starts to get to close for comfort...So this is another thing that could play in Minato's favor.....
Technically, Hidan said he had the slowest attacks. He's still very agile, for example, he was able to keep up with Kakashi yet not hit him (even though he could only fight close range without his cable).

Minato still has the better chance of winning, but I still think he's a tad overrated by some people.
((.)A(.))
/-- !--\
Shut Up Hidan!!
Put this on your sig if you think Kakuzu rocks.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #35
Shika-fiend
Special Jonin Candidate

Shika-fiend has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shika-fiend has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shika-fiend has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I think Minato would win.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #36
sarutobi17
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
that could have been me but i put it's proven that hidan is the slowest attacker in the akatsuki atleast i think those were my exact words,but anyways hidans good but minato has more up his sleeve then hidan does.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #37
Sai9497
Chunin Exam Participant

Sai9497 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Sai9497 Send a message via Skype™ to Sai9497

Minato would easily win.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

僕わたよる
Old 12-01-2009, 03:39 AM   #38
Lightingstrife
Freshmen Academy Student

Lightingstrife is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

maybe just maybe he will use the body flicker technique and before his bag hits the ground hidan has no head
Old 12-01-2009, 05:27 AM   #39
[Shikamaru]
Special Jonin Candidate

[Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission![Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via Yahoo to [Shikamaru]

I agree with the rest, Hidan was able to keep up with Kakashi, but Minato is way too much for him.

A quick sealed jutsu and slashing will end the battle.

Boss summons are not useful in this, Hidan is immortal and extremely swift, meaning Minato can only kill him with his teleportation jutsu.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #40
Skylar
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Shikamaru] View Post
I agree with the rest, Hidan was able to keep up with Kakashi, but Minato is way too much for him.

A quick sealed jutsu and slashing will end the battle.

Boss summons are not useful in this, Hidan is immortal and extremely swift, meaning Minato can only kill him with his teleportation jutsu.
I disagree on the summons not being useful.....Hidan wouldn't get that far to avoid Gamabunta's sword, one slash of the sword would dismember him. I guess he could try and avoid it, but it probably wouldn't work seeing as the sword is huge......