Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
MannyGAGA
Chunin Exam Proctor

MannyGAGA is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to MannyGAGA Send a message via Yahoo to MannyGAGA
Default konan v.s. jariya

who wins?
Old 11-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
MannyGAGA
Chunin Exam Proctor

Default Re: konan v.s. jariya

i think konan
Old 11-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Jiraiya roflstomps Konan, they already fought before and he stomped her, why not again? His oil would make her unable to use the paper jutsu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyGAGA View Post
i think konan
lol wut.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
MannyGAGA
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuromaki View Post
Jiraiya roflstomps Konan, they already fought before and he stomped her, why not again? His oil would make her unable to use the paper jutsu.

lol wut.
well thats not right

he did not beat her

konan papers stomped jariya's fire with oil
Old 11-25-2009, 09:11 PM   #5
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
well thats not right

he did not beat her

konan papers stomped jariya's fire with oil
Huh?

I think you may have to re-read Chapter 372, then the end of Chapter 373 and the beginning of Chapter 374.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
Yuuta
Chunin

Yuuta is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Obviously Jiraya.
Listen, I'm a die hard Konan fan. Seriously, I am, but Konan doesn't stand much of a chance against her sensei.
The fact is that the fight already happened.
First. Jiraya is her sensei, he trained her, thus can (and did) recognize her jutsu, the extend that she's improved, and the basic workings of it, allowing him to immediately come up with a counter, his oil, which keeps her paper from unfolding. This makes Konan's jutsu useless against him.
Second. Even if Jiraya hadn't used the jutsu, he has many more impressive justu. If we're counting the anime, Konan can beat his fire jutsu or block it with a paper shield - if not, she just dodges, but still loses paper. She also might be able to pull off beating a summoning by raining paper spears on it, but I'm not sure.
Third. Sage Mode. Jiraya's massive rasengan would, at the least, disrupt Konan's paper. She could not do much to avoid Fukasu and Shima's team attack, as it seeks enemies out, though she might be able to split to avoid major damage. His taijutsu would not have much effect on paper, but she could not dodge Nabari senbon, but she might be able to block it with a paper shield. Also, the super oil, wind, and fire attack would be detrimental if Konan could not dodge it.
I do not know if the genjutsu would work on her, as her organs are masked.

However, Konan would most likely be tired out by fighting boss summons, and Jiraya's oil attacks close the deal.
I really wish it weren't the case, But Konan can't win here.
/_!_\ You know you like her too.
`@__
(^_\_) "Flowers of Hope that Never Die"
/_ ! _\ I LOVE Konan, The Lady Angel
Konan might be the most underrated character in Naruto.
____
/o_0\ AAIIIEEE!!!
/_!!_\ I LOVE Shizune

Violence isn't always the answer.
Apprentice - bowserkage

Last edited by Yuuta; 11-25-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #7
MannyGAGA
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Huh?

I think you may have to re-read Chapter 372, then the end of Chapter 373 and the beginning of Chapter 374.
hmmmm i saw her use the papers to bring down jariya's fire justu

he cought her and she was told by pein to leave it to him.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #8
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Quote:
hmmmm i saw her use the papers to bring down jariya's fire justu

he cought her and she was told by pein to leave it to him.
She didn't use anything to bring down his fire jutsu in Canon, and he easily used an oil jutsu on her which kept her paper from unfolding. No paper=No fighting, and no chance of winning for Konan.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #9
MannyGAGA
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
She didn't use anything to bring down his fire jutsu in Canon, and he easily used an oil jutsu on her which kept her paper from unfolding. No paper=No fighting, and no chance of winning for Konan.
she still was flying away when pein told her to leave.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #10
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Quote:
she still was flying away when pein told her to leave.
Ok I seriously don't get how flying away from a battle means winning it.

Pain had to summon a crab/crayfish/whatever and have it use the foam jutsu on her to wash the oil off.

Without Pain, Jiraiya could've killed Konan if he wanted to.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #11
MannyGAGA
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Ok I seriously don't get how flying away from a battle means winning it.

Pain had to summon a crab/crayfish/whatever and have it use the foam jutsu on her to wash the oil off.

Without Pain, Jiraiya could've killed Konan if he wanted to.
O YEA TRUE!!! i forgot that part,and i never said she won,i said jariya didnt win.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #12
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Quote:
O YEA TRUE!!! i forgot that part,and i never said she won,i said jariya didnt win.
So this
Quote:
who wins?
Quote:
i think konan
is saying she doesn't win?

Old 11-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #13
MannyGAGA
Chunin Exam Proctor

ooo i forgot that also!!! ^__^"
Old 11-25-2009, 09:45 PM   #14
Konan9
Chunin

Konan9 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Even though Konan is one of my favorite characters, I have to say that Jiraiya stomps hard.

Konan was saved by Pain's first animal path when Jiraiya blasted her with toad oil. But if Pain hadn't been there, then Konan would have been doomed.
Konan's jutsu all revolve around paper, which leaves her less jutsu to count for. Jiraiya has a multitude of jutsu, not even including Sage techniques.

Jiraiya withstood Pain for a long amount of time. Obviously, Pain is stronger than Konan. And if Jiraiya could stand so long against so many of the Pains, then he wouldn't have any trouble with Konan.
Jiraiya also taught Konan the basics of Ninjutsu. He knows most of her jutsu and her techniques. Even though in the long time they were separated, Konan's jutsu doesn't seem to have changed drastically.
/_ | _\

Forum Family:
Spoiler:
Under Development ^^!!
Awesomest Sisters EVER: Shikamarulover18, Kassie, Ellie, Hinata91
Just a "friend": Kyousei
Favorite Aloe Vera Plant: Zetsu
PM me if you want to be in it!

✮ALL✮KONAS✮UNITE!!!!✮
Don't forget to SMILE!!!!!~
Old 11-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #15
dragonjinchuriki dj
Special Jonin Candidate

dragonjinchuriki dj is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to dragonjinchuriki dj

jiraya he can just use toad oil or water style jutsu to prevent her from folding her paper and can burn her to a crisp from fire style he wouldn't even have 2 use sage mode

ADOPTED META KNIGHT
me:

my brawl friend code:4297-4483-8671
dragos half form:
Spoiler:

Old 11-25-2009, 10:42 PM   #16
321zigzag1
Banned

321zigzag1 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Konan needs more feats and a better fight.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #17
Sasuke726
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In your girlfriend's wet dreams, and in your worse nightmares.
Sasuke726 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sasuke726 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sasuke726 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via Yahoo to Sasuke726

Jiraiya stomps by only using oil attacks or using toad attcks that involve water, because konan is paper, and she already got stomped and wouldve probably died if Nagato didnt show up
Old 11-25-2009, 10:51 PM   #18
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

Current feats give it to Jiraiya, Jiraiya wasn't even going seriously and was in base form and Konan hardly did crap to him. Jiraiya wasn't even close to bloodlusted either.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:40 AM   #19
narutoultra
Chunin Exam Proctor

narutoultra is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Kind of happened.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:55 AM   #20
Hidans
Genin

Hidans is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Jiraiya wins...