Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #21
Sasori12
Special Jonin Candidate

Sasori12 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Marijuana Should be legal

Yes, it should. I don't recommend using it though.

Think about how many people die in gang related fights over this kinda of stuff. If it was legal, there would be no need for being all secretive about it. No 1 would fight over it. Instead of going to back ally 2 get some, just go 2 the drugstore and buy some. Like I said its your life, you do what you want to it.

Sasori12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #22
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShariKage View Post
Even if it isn't legal people will still smoke it, bruh.
QFT

This topic got me thinking. If we were to somehow legalize all drugs, would there be a decrease in drug-related crimes? I think so. On the other hand, more people might do drugs (and harm themselves and others through them), so it's a double-edged sword.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #23
i_love_kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

If we legalize it, we will probably see less crime like others have said, and I doubt more people will start because if they wanted to they would already be doing it, so we will just see the people come out that have been smoking it the whole time. Also, if it was legalized then the government might as well tax it and make tons of money off of it, because it's what they do with cigarettes. I have heard so many people do illegal drugs and if they did make it legal and tax it, the government will make tons of money, so in the end we have more deaths going on but then more money for the economy. I guess not everybody wins lol.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:07 PM   #24
Kiba_Inuzuka
Special Jonin Candidate

Kiba_Inuzuka is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yori Uchiha View Post
Who thinks it should be legal in The US. Personally I do cause when you look at it Alcohol and Tobacco products are more lethal the the drug
it is not less than alcohol and tobacco

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kiba_Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:39 PM   #25
Sabra Kusabana
Veteran Chunin

Sabra Kusabana is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Sabra Kusabana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windstorm View Post
First it's necessary for marijuana (THC) to be legalized for medicinal purposes in ALL 50 states before one can consider legalizing it for recreational use. Currently it is only legal for medical use in 13 states.

As a pharmacy student, I support the use of THC as a pain-killer. Morphine and other opiates are highly addictive and overdoses can cause death. THC has little to no addictive properties (other than psychological dependence) and an overdose of THC has never killed a patient. While I believe that marijuana adversly affects the human body, I understand that ALL medicine (whether they be painkillers or vitamin supplements) can have highly negative effects on a patient's health.

PS: In case you're wondering, THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannibal) refers to the main "mind-altering" chemical that is present in marijuana. I refer to THC because it is used as the primary focus of medical marijuana.
First this was quite well said, and I do understand that it needs to come thru legalization begining as a medical product. However I can see it as more then just a medicine.

Second this was brought up once before way back now:
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16312

Third if one is concerned with the addictive quality of marijuana here is a very well said explaination of how it's 'addiction' functions: http://hubpages.com/hub/Is-Marijuana-Addictive It's less addiction and more a habit forming substance, as it's not required by the body in the way that alcohol or other drugs can be after extended use.

Now while I will admit that people can gain a psychological dependance on the product, I stand by my arguement in the previous thread (post 12). This is a chemical that could be far more beneficial and easier controlled by legalization then by having it as it is now.

Think of the millions spent to find and burn the practical groves of this stuff every year that could be taken and spent on something else? Not only that but the product itself is not just a drug, it's a highly versitile plant. Think of the textile industry and how it could benefit. Weed is a hardly plant that can grow faster easier with less hassle and risk then cotton, it's even more durable and quite flexible. If it became legal we could have racks of Hemp bags, pants, even shoes, almost anything made of cotton can be made of the stuff. Rope for multiple uses, the plant is quite sturdy, prefect for such. It could be a great relief to people with cotton or wool allergies to have another non-artifical material to turn to.

I won't go into my entire rant, the vast majority of what I have to say is located in the other thread that I linked above, but I believe it should be legal and I've yet to be give a solid reason why it should not be. The only even close to solid excuses I've seen over the years I can point to ciggs and alcohol to counter without even saying my thoughts. I'd actually like for someone to be able to give me a good reason why it should not be legal, because so far they've all been just plain flimsy. I mean no disrespect to anyone, but it really isn't as bad as most people think.

Mind you I have argued at length on it with my sister, she's come close to giving me reason, but never convinced me. I've never lit up myself, been tempted, but haven't; however, I have a number of friends and even a couple of family members who have and/or currently do. It's uses as a pain killer are needed by one in perticular. Another I feel should be using it, but refuses to ask her doctor about it; yet, she's in almost constant pain because of her own stubbornness. She even confesses if it was legal she'd be using it, but she won't even try for the medical license because of the legal issues she could potentially face if she ever lost or otherwise misplaced the little slip of paper they give you for the blasted stuff...

Last edited by Sabra Kusabana; 11-14-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Sabra Kusabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #26
Jinchiruuki

Marijuana= happy hungry sleepy.

It can be used to negate pain from cancers and other sicknesses.
It can also be used as a natural remedy for many mental illnesses such as the following: Manic Depression, Bipolar, ADHD, ADD and the other many mind problems we have invented.

Statistics: Deaths from Marijuana aka car crashes, murders, robberies, etc? none

Deaths from Cocaine, Alcohol, Exstacy, Heroine, Crack-Cocaine and many other drugs are one of the many leading causes of death in the world..whether its overdoses or people who are high and do stupid things and hurt others.

Marijuana would also stabilize the economy in a way for the states that need to. We make more money off of marijuana than tobacco, cotton, and corn combined per acre.

I personally smoke weed and to be honest without it I would not be able to deal with things sometimes. I have ADHD and I'm bipolar...being able to focus and keep myself in a good mood takes a lot outta me..smoking a little keeps me good for a good month or two.
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 11-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #27
MannyGAGA
Chunin Exam Proctor

MannyGAGA is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to MannyGAGA Send a message via Yahoo to MannyGAGA

omggg!! some one brought drugs to the forums!
MannyGAGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:01 PM   #28
Jose
Special Jonin Candidate

Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Well i heard it might become legal if the state of our ecomony gets any worst then i think it might be possiable.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #29
mdog3160
Genin

mdog3160 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

marijuana can kill you,dont risk your life just for marijuana or drugs,dont be dumb be drug free
mdog3160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:05 PM   #30
kakashi uzumaki
Prodigy Girl

kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

why would you guys want to make drugs legal?

kakashi uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:20 PM   #31
Sasori_X
Chunin Exam Proctor

Sasori_X is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I can only say yes if its only used for Medical reasons.

While yes it may help our economy greatly, but just like what ItachiAnbu said, "More people might do drugs(and harm themselves and others through them).

So its pretty much a double-edge sword. Does the pro weigh over the con? I may never know.

"Snooping as usual I see"- Robotnik and his magnificent pingas

More than happy to add you as a friend.
Sasori_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #32
battlehorse
Chunin Exam Proctor

battlehorse is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdog3160 View Post
marijuana can kill you,dont risk your life just for marijuana or drugs,dont be dumb be drug free
thats what people tell you to belive.
battlehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #33
Sasori12
Special Jonin Candidate

Sasori12 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori_X View Post
I can only say yes if its only used for Medical reasons.

While yes it may help our economy greatly, but just like what ItachiAnbu said, "More people might do drugs(and harm themselves and others through them).

So its pretty much a double-edge sword. Does the pro weigh over the con? I may never know.

If it is legal, it might actually lesson gang violence over it as well. So it could save more lives that way.
And most people won't start doing just because it is legal.
Sasori12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #34
Jinchiruuki

Just putting this out there, a drug in my opinion is something you do chemically to a subtance such as crack, heroine, and our prescription drugs. Marijuana is a plant, fully natural grown plant like flowers. Also, Obama is about to pass a law that if you reside in the states that have legalized weed, federal law enforcement can no longer raid, or arrest you unless you are selling weed illegally. The states that will be fully legal when this happens are the following:

Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington.

all these states have legalized marijuana in STATE LAW already but they are all still prone to federal law until this new law that Obama wants to pass does.
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 11-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #35
Yori
Cool Hwip
Sierra Mist Disciple

Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba_Inuzuka View Post
it is not less than alcohol and tobacco
Yes it is. When do you ever hear someone dying from the over use of Marijuana? But I bet you heard somebody dying from Alcohol poisoning. When do hear somebody said that Marijuana gave them lung cancer? I bet you heard somebody dying from tobacco products from lung cancer. The statistics and facts are right there, if you would put Marijuana, Alcohol and Tobacco on a scale 1-10, 10 being the most lethal Marijuana would be way lower than them. The only draw back is hunger, and laziness.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #36
Art is an EXPLOSION
Chunin

Art is an EXPLOSION is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i think it should be legal you show good reasons but i do agree and age limit is needed
Art is an EXPLOSION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:54 AM   #37
joshuab
Freshmen Academy Student

joshuab is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

what do you say by age limit...
even if they are above or below the certain age limit they are going to be addicted if they have the way to reach those lethal drugs..
steps should be taken to avoid these addiction.

Drug Rehab
joshuab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:57 AM   #38
mangagirl
Drama King
Perpetually leaving the forum

mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to mangagirl

my mom told me about this and i kinda agree..
i think that if they do it legal.. they would stop the bad guys xD hehe
and the would have control about it

mangagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #39
otacon
Banned

otacon is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Marijuana should not be legal as it would become yet another giant business used by the rich to get richer. Drug dealers need to make money too, ya know.
otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #40
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShariKage View Post
Even if it isn't legal people will still smoke it, bruh.
True, but it could be reasoned that not as many people would, for lack of being able to get their hands on it, or for the fear of the law.

It all depends on what your goal is. If your goal was to reduce drug related crime, then legalizing marijuana could do this, with little to no impact on the health of the people (hypothetically).

Well, I say it could do that, but you never know. It's difficult to predict the outcome of an event that hasn't happened yet.

ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote