Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Announcements

Announcements Don't forget to read up on the latest forum and rule changes here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 06:24 AM   #1
Sage Mode
Site Admin - The Great Toad Sage
Viz Administrator

Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Post Count Decrease

To those who are victims of the Post Count Bandit and have experienced any kind of post count decrease, please remain calm, and we'll get this sorted out soon enough. You have not been punished and your posts haven't been deleted, this is some type of database/server issue we have to deal with.

[Also...sorry :Gaara:, I hijacked your post for the sake of ease...don't hate me.]

A. he is gonna say this is sweet
B. leave not saying anything
C. he is gonna close the thread

--dogboy22

Last edited by Sage Mode; 11-07-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:06 AM   #2
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Official Post Count Issue Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by :Gaara: View Post
If you have had a drop or decrease in you post count then just post what your post count was before it was dropped, If the admins are up to the work they will edit it. But if you lie you still have your rank so we can tell if your telling the truth or not. Please use this format
Not to be a downer, but the mods can't just make your post count a number by typing it in a box somewhere, so this thread won't actually help, but feel free to post here if like animelover your post count got reset to 0 so it can be looked into.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:10 AM   #3
:Gaara:
Genin

:Gaara: is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Yes they can, I have a forum hosted by V Bullentin, Only admins can so be sure you know what your talking about.

:Gaara:
Did I Help You Out? Then Just Click The Little Scale!!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:20 AM   #4
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by :Gaara: View Post
Yes they can, I have a forum hosted by VBullentin, Only admins can so be sure you know what your talking about.

Then you would know that the second they retally the post totals under the maintenance/update counters area, or the database resynched, it would render the action you proposed to be useless.

In fact, when you are load balancing on multiple servers, editing that box usually forces a recheck anyway, basically making the box useless.

Or have you never dealt with something like load balancing between multiple web and database servers?

I have run 15 forums with this software, I was making it simple for the majority of users to understand.

This is most likely a problem with the cache, and if not it is far more deep rooted, and applying a patch up like you propose simply wouldn't work, if the database is THAT confused, then once you apply a new post count the resynch or re-cache process would set the post count back to 0 almost immediately.

All that aside though, thanks for offering solutions. Few do, and it is appreciated when people are proactive.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:33 AM   #5
Soro Hanosh
Genin Elite

Soro Hanosh is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

current post count: 3
previous post count: about 420
previous rank: genin eleite or chunnin

I actually have over 3500 posts but they were deleted months ago XD

EINCANE 444
Lightning rouge
Old 11-07-2009, 07:36 AM   #6
Soro Hanosh
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
Not to be a downer, but the mods can't just make your post count a number by typing it in a box somewhere, so this thread won't actually help, but feel free to post here if like animelover your post count got reset to 0 so it can be looked into.
anime has 0 posts too? XD she had THOUSANDS roflmao. sorry anime

EINCANE 444
Lightning rouge
Old 11-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #7
kakashi uzumaki
Prodigy Girl

kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

my post account dropped to 0...i had around 967 or something, and i cannot pm......

Old 11-07-2009, 07:48 AM   #8
Soro Hanosh
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi uzumaki View Post
my post account dropped to 0...i had around 967 or something, and i cannot pm......
me neither. :/ I can't even veiw the link in my own siggy.

EINCANE 444
Lightning rouge
Old 11-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #9
kakashi uzumaki
Prodigy Girl

kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soro Hanosh View Post
me neither. :/ I can't even veiw the link in my own siggy.
me either ...and i need to pm someone ....ahhh....

heh.....i'm "new"

Old 11-07-2009, 07:50 AM   #10
Soro Hanosh
Genin Elite

I'm just going to post lots quick so I can do that.

EINCANE 444
Lightning rouge
Old 11-07-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
kakashi uzumaki
Prodigy Girl

ahhh......allright i will too cause i need to start pming

Old 11-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #12
Soro Hanosh
Genin Elite

...10. yay ^^

EINCANE 444
Lightning rouge
Old 11-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #13
kakashi uzumaki
Prodigy Girl

aww its not as easy....what if i go to a village and ask to join.....heh

lmao i can have some fun

Old 11-07-2009, 08:04 AM   #14
kakashi uzumaki
Prodigy Girl

who do we pm about this issue?

Old 11-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #15
animelover
Jonin

Location: New York. Alternatively, with Roxas in Twilight Town
animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
anime has 0 posts too? XD she had THOUSANDS roflmao. sorry anime
thanks Soro I knew I could always count on you -_-

Old 11-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #16
Soro Hanosh
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by animelover View Post
thanks Soro I knew I could always count on you -_-
Your posts still exist so it should be very easy for the mods to give them back as soon as they figure out why this is happening

EINCANE 444
Lightning rouge
Old 11-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #17
animelover
Jonin

Location: New York. Alternatively, with Roxas in Twilight Town
animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.animelover finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Your posts still exist so it should be very easy for the mods to give them back as soon as they figure out why this is happening
Yeah I know. Just kinda hard to wake up to it because i've been miffed at my original post count and having to start over...like i've never even been on here you know

Old 11-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #18
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I hope this isn't another rollback hell.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:21 AM   #19
kakashi uzumaki
Prodigy Girl

Default if your posts decreased, post here

i know many people's post have dropped, i don't know why just yet but i think its just another isue with the accounts
so far i know animelover,ohako, me, and soro have this problem

do any of you know whats going on or if we will get our rep or post back?

Old 11-07-2009, 08:23 AM   #20
ShariKage
Drama Queen
Perpetually leaving the forum

ShariKage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ShariKage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ShariKage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ShariKage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ShariKage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: if your posts decreased, post here

Don't. This will cause more panic.

Come at me, bro.
FRIEND CODE: 1334 7723 7345
Closed Thread