Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Video Game Central

Video Game Central For any and all game discussion threads not related to Naruto

Old 07-29-2009, 01:51 AM   #1
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Default Star Ocean Series

Has anyone played any of the 4 RPGs in the series. Square Enix and Tri-Ace made them. The first 3 are on the Playstation and the prequel in on the Xbox 360.

I have only played the prequel game (The Last Hope), but I have read about what happens in the other ones and about the big plot twist in the last game (Til the End of Time).

I mostly created this thread for anyone who has played The Last Hope. It was a really awesome game. I liked the characters, even the little girl and the bird girl that everyone else says is annoying. The love story between the main characters was obvious. Way to easy to see it coming. But the interesting relationship between the 18 year old, green-haired guy and the 15-year-old girl that acts like she is 6, because of something that happened to her when she was little, was completely unexpected. It was a couple I found myself wanting to happen just because it was so crazy that it was cute.

I won't ruin the ending, but the last cut scene with the two of them made me a cry a little. With this game, if you do certain things in the game, you get a special ending for each character, and the green-haired guy's ending was even sadier than the scene I mentioned above. I don't think it was supposed to be sad, but I cried because of the uncertainty of what it meant. Are the two together, or are they not? I like to think they are.

The story was good, too. It was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long and complicated for me to even begin to describe, but I did manage to follow along with it and it was really good.

I loved the graphics during the final space battle. The cut scene lasts over 30 minutes, but it is 30 minutes of awesomeness. It is my favorite battle from any video game now. I still can't get over how awesome the graphics for some of the most dramatic cut scenes were. There is an exact scene i'm thinking off that made me say, "Wow, that is awesome." serveral times, but it is a major plot point, so I won't say it.

As you can tell by how much I typed, I loved this game. It was the best RPG i've ever played. I loved the story. I loved the characters. I loved the combat system. Everything in this game was perfect in my opinion.

Anyone else played any of these games? Anyone else even heard of these games?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Star Ocean Series

i havent beat any yet but i love the last hope .
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #3
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

itachiuchiha85 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

'till the end of time. 11/10 on my book. It was an amazing game. I wanna play the new one but I do not feel like being disappointed.
"**** him.Don't act towards stupidity" ninetaled
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

Forum's bitchy person:TBC
naruto(lifeakadeath) relation jiraiya(iou)
have you gotten an award?! check

itachiuchiha85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #4
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

it's an awsome game.
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #5
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

I have started playing this game again. Everyone in my group is Level 84 and i'm still getting my butt kicked a lot in The Cave of The Seven Stars bonus dungeon.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #6
Spartacus
Apple Assassin

Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Spartacus

Till the End of Time is much better than Last Hope there are so super extreme skills you can get on Till the End of Time FISTS OF FURY!!! AIR..... RAID!!! DIMENSION..... DOOR!! ETHEREALLLLL BLAST!! ACROBAT LOCUS!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #7
Phenom
Chunin Exam Participant

Phenom is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I owned Star Ocean 2 for the Playstation and loved it, but never beat it. I got about 3/4s the way through The Last Hope before my rental expired, but I watched the ending that I was trying to get and wasn't pleased so I never rented it again.

Compared to most games that Square-Enix is involved in, Star Ocean is seriously lacking but compared to other peoples RPGs it is one of the better ones.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Awards Showcase

Random thread revival.

I'm still working on the Cave of the Seven Stars bonus dungeon. It is soooooooooo long. I gone up about 50 levels in about 12 hours just because of this place. It is going to take another 5 or 6 since I still have to beat all the bosses on this floor and then go back through the 7 floors of the dungeon and get all the stars.