Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Western Comics and Animation

Western Comics and Animation Show your love for art from the lands of the setting sun!

Old 08-23-2009, 07:37 AM   #1
InfamousLegend
Freshmen Academy Student

InfamousLegend is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to InfamousLegend
Default Charlie Brown and Peanuts anyone?

This show and comic strip used to be one of my favorites when I was younger. To this day, I still consider myself to be IRL Charlie Brown (minus the yellow shirt and cool dog). Anyone else a fan?
InfamousLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:38 AM   #2
Uchiha master
Special Jonin Candidate

Uchiha master saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Charlie Brown and Peanuts anyone?

I remember watching charlie brown when I was little,good times
best friend-MangaGirl4U,Taker369,Gaara's Girl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mess with me,I don't care,mess with my friends and you might aswell start running cuz I'm coming for you
October 15-the day the forum went back in time
Uchiha master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
sardns
Genin

sardns saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I love Charlie Brown! Every christmas me and my family watch charlie brown christmas and on halloween we watch the geat pumpkin one.
sardns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

I remember watching it when I was little. I watched the Christmas special every year growing up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Schulz did some good stuff. It was a little wholesome, but so was America at the time. He was always solid with the comics he drew, and did some subtle things with the form that have stayed with it to this day, whether or not people will admit it. Most of the modern pacing and dialog setups people use in print strips owe their ebb and flow to him.

I was always more of a Calvin and Hobbes man myself, but I respected the Peanuts side of the fence.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
Amai Shikome
Chunin Exam Proctor

Amai Shikome is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Amai Shikome

Props to the threadmaker for getting the elusive to make comments!

I loved Charlie Brown and I used to get so mad the he fell for the football trick every time. I would yell at him, seriously.
Amai Shikome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
RSAHinataSpringbokF1
Jonin

RSAHinataSpringbokF1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!RSAHinataSpringbokF1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Charlie Brown and Snoopy are classic.
Viva Paraguay, Lugo y la albirroja
Paz y justicia (peace and justice)
Vive Cote d'Ivoire y vive les Elephants
Union-Discipline-Travail (Union, Discipline, Labor)
Viva Mexico y el Tri
Vive Louisiane, Saints, Drew Brees, les Habs, Quebec, et Youppi!
RSAHinataSpringbokF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
Hockey Otaku
is Toma's only acknowleged stalker/fangirl.

Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I love the Peanuts comics. When I was in 5th grade I did a book report on Charles Schultz. We had to make a poster telling why the person (in my case, Schultz) should be president. I won! Is that cool or what!
Or what.
But hey I got candy as a prize

HOCKEY! To the BATMOBILE!!!
Quote:
/Gets in.
/realizes this is a terrible idea.

IF I AM NEVER SEEN AGAIN TELL LUNA HOCKEY I LOVE HER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Otaku
/Is sitting right next to you.
Freudian slip? I think so.
Spoiler:
You can consider me to have officially left the forums, however, I do check my messages so I'd love it* if you'd chat me up.*** =D

*That is, if we actually know each other.
**Fan of Minato. (HA!)
***DragonAngel gets a gold star!
Hockey Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
(un)Godly Hiroku
Special Jonin Candidate

(un)Godly Hiroku is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i want peanutsssss! lol
need it
Use good rep when you
Believe it!
(un)Godly Hiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #10
InfamousLegend
Freshmen Academy Student

InfamousLegend is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to InfamousLegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
I was always more of a Calvin and Hobbes man myself, but I respected the Peanuts side of the fence.
I loved Calvin and Hobbes too. I post some of the strips on my blog every Sunday.

But yeah, gotta love those Peanuts. My friends always buy me the holidays special whenevr my birthday or Christmas comes around.
InfamousLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
sasukeXuchiha
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: So I was romping around the Colosseum in 15th Century Rome...What were you doing on 9/11
sasukeXuchiha has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasukeXuchiha has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasukeXuchiha has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via AIM to sasukeXuchiha Send a message via Yahoo to sasukeXuchiha Send a message via Skype™ to sasukeXuchiha

Hn...peanuts calvin and hobbes and garfield are all my favorite

"Si vis pacem, para bellum." "Veritas Aequitas"

sasukeXuchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #12
Spartacus
Apple Assassin

Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Spartacus

Oh wasn't it great that Charlie Brown's Christmas actually could get away with saying the true meaning of Christmas without people getting mad now a days people would flip out because Linus says "JESUS CHRIST"
But my favorite was always Pee Wee's Christmas Special
Old 09-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #13
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Calvin and Hobbes has always been my favorite "funnies" comic. It's one of the few
comics that the older you get the funnier it is.

Watterson often talked about how he felt limited with the amount of space
he was provided by the newspapers. So I was thinking, how do you think
Calvin and Hobbes would've been if it had been sold in graphic novel format?

Would it be an even grander calvin and hobbes that would go places the newspapers
only dreamed of? Or would it give Watterson TOO much freedom and that the
restrictions were actually what made Calvin and Hobbes so great.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charlie brown, linus, peanuts, snoopy, woodstock