Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Common Sense

Found this on another forum, although they weren't really discussing it and I wanted to do so.

Obituary printed in the London Times - not a joke and makes you think

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; Why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an Aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion. Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault. Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason. He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, I'm A Victim. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

Sorry for the gigantic body of text.

Anyway, discuss.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
MizukiUchiha11
Chunin Exam Participant

Location: Mouring something that a certain someone I know killed. Long live GoldFishy #72
MizukiUchiha11 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Common Sense

Srry dude so long I dont wanna read it but so far I Luv it ! Let him go to the big Sense in the sky ... O I mean * Points down *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ex Typhoon Ninja.
Master BETA Fighter.
I am looking for a village.
MizukiUchiha11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizukiUchiha11 View Post
Srry dude so long I dont wanna read it but so far I Luv it ! Let him go to the big Sense in the sky ... O I mean * Points down *
Cool. ^^

Other opinions?

Old 09-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
3lilpandas
Genin

3lilpandas is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Sad, but true. Have to admit whoever wrote this was very clever.
3lilpandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilpandas View Post
Sad, but true. Have to admit whoever wrote this was very clever.
The British tend to be like that, yes. xD

Old 09-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Read this before. A right wing Brit showed me it awhile back. I wish more people actually agreed with this sentiment, not just in words, but in actions. I like it.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
Rotate
Special Jonin Candidate

Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

That's the problem with this world today people don't have any common sense.
Rotate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotate View Post
That's the problem with this world today people don't have any common sense.
Some do they just blatantly refuse to use it. It's all about them. It's the corrupted version of individuality. People blame it on capitalism, but it's a major problem in every welfare state. "Ask not what I can do for my country, ask what my country can do for me".
Old 09-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #9
Amai Shikome
Chunin Exam Proctor

Amai Shikome is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Amai Shikome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
Some do they just blatantly refuse to use it. It's all about them. It's the corrupted version of individuality. People blame it on capitalism, but it's a major problem in every welfare state. "Ask not what I can do for my country, ask what my country can do for me".
Exactly......
Amai Shikome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #10
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

so true.
Shkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #11
ninjamom
Genin

ninjamom is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I disagree with the blanket statement that it's part of a welfare state. Having worked in large bureaucracies for several years, I can tell you that every time there is a successful piece of litigation (lawsuit), another layer of 'disclaimers' or 'requirements' is added to the ever burgeoning load. Companies, school districts, state, local, and federal governments add these 'disclaimers' and 'requirements' to keep themselves from being sued into bankruptcy. If someone thinks of a way to make money by suing some large corporate or government entity, they will find an attorney or barrister willing to oblige them. Yes, it's onerous, yes, it's annoying, but until there is serious tort reform (what you can and what you can't sue over), we'll keep getting frivolous lawsuits and more 'disclaimers' and 'requirements.'

If you don't like it, and who does, you can petition your congressman/representative/member of parliament for serious tort reform to end frivolous lawsuits and revive Common Sense. I have and I know lots of others are working on trying to bring back Common Sense.
ninjamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:29 PM   #12
Neji_Hyuga
Chunin Exam Participant

Neji_Hyuga is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to Neji_Hyuga Send a message via Yahoo to Neji_Hyuga

i agree
Old 09-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #13
Sunagakure
Is made of greatness, intellect, and everything awesome.

Sunagakure has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sunagakure has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sunagakure has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamom View Post
I disagree with the blanket statement that it's part of a welfare state. Having worked in large bureaucracies for several years, I can tell you that every time there is a successful piece of litigation (lawsuit), another layer of 'disclaimers' or 'requirements' is added to the ever burgeoning load. Companies, school districts, state, local, and federal governments add these 'disclaimers' and 'requirements' to keep themselves from being sued into bankruptcy. If someone thinks of a way to make money by suing some large corporate or government entity, they will find an attorney or barrister willing to oblige them. Yes, it's onerous, yes, it's annoying, but until there is serious tort reform (what you can and what you can't sue over), we'll keep getting frivolous lawsuits and more 'disclaimers' and 'requirements.'

If you don't like it, and who does, you can petition your congressman/representative/member of parliament for serious tort reform to end frivolous lawsuits and revive Common Sense. I have and I know lots of others are working on trying to bring back Common Sense.
Well said ninjamom - we do need tort reform if the endless array of frivolous lawsuits is ever to cease. I hate that these frivolous lawsuits appear to be based more on greed than on justice, or finding justice, which to me should be, and is to me, the very essence of Law.

I also blame the juries though in some of these cases - honestly, I get duress and reasonable compensation for that duress, but some of the big litigation awards from juries smack to me of personal bias/agenda rather than attempting to mete out reasonable compensation for that duress.

Granted, I am no lawyer, so I realize that my opinion is only founded on my perceptions of events as I see them, but it does seem really askew.

* Getting lost along the path of life...
Sunagakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #14
Marikodesu
Genin Elite

Marikodesu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Whoever made the article is a pure genius.
Marikodesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:42 AM   #15
JCTKNE4E
has a red hand print on his cheek

JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Unfortunately i wil be a short poster i have to go NOW, but whoever wrtoe this, my hat (even though i never wear one) is off to you. Humorous, but in a dark tone because its so true. A dood read though so ty thread starter

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
they dealed my thread why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
can any1 pm me some yuri please

Quote:
thats why we call you reatard.

Quote:
私は、スーパー倒錯者。
Quote:
supposedly japanese but i have my doubts lol

JCTKNE4E is offline   Reply With Quote