Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:18 AM   #41
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Chapter 461 Discussion

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabra Kusabana View Post
What we are witnessing is writer's burn out and manga/anime age. It's happened to alot of great series before. You have to keep raising the bar, but everytime you raise it the concept just becomes more and more unbelievely stupid. Like in DBZ the bar jumped in just the second really huge arc, from there they had to keep pushing till it became a joke.

Other examples abound, the only thing that really stands out about Naruto is how involving each character's story has been, because unlike most animes we actually got to build attachment to side characters. Take Shikamaru for instace, he had a whole arc pretty much dedicated to him, you don't get that sort of thing in other stories.

Put simply...

All writers are just pulling things out of a hat, the only difference is if they have a concept of where they're going, right now I think the story has progressed to a point where even Kishi doesn't know.

I have the horrible suspecion that we're in route for a hell of a big let down where the whole Hawk team gets captured...

Traitor Hyuugas, well that had to happen sooner or later right? Maybe prelude to uber awesomeness from the Neji corner? I can hope right? Come on all I want if a good long fight with him that may result in the losing of certain articles of clothing and nice body shots when it's translated to the animated version, not too much to ask for, right?

well kishi is a master of foreshadowing and leading everyone into craziness then BANG! hits you from the least expected point.
but i have to agree, writers reach a certain point where the story gets too big to handle. too many loose ends to tie up and too many questions raised. tying up those loose ends sometimes/more often leads to "boring" parts...and sometimes goes to the danger zone of being so unreal. but he'll get over it. xD lets all cross our fingers. >.< i really do hope that he won't get to the point like dbz where dead people keeps popping up and dying is not a problem anymore...haha.

i wonder how Sasuke will survive this battle. more samurai is coming. Raikage. an army of nins coming his way. HEY! maybe something will be "unlocked" from Sasuke. i mean maybe its part of Madara's plan to push Sasuke to the limit and pull through it with a new uber awesome jutsu or something (darkdemon image in 460). Sasuke will be so evil he'll be beyond retrieval then Madara will have his way on him. (not the pervy way btw but the moon eye plan).

but have you seen the face of Raikage when Killer Bee was mentioned? (after the sword broke) or maybe its just me. I was thinking maybe the fight will not really push through and they will meet at some compromise involving Killer Bee for Raikage and Danzo for Sasuke. Who knows, Raikage is so pissed off with Danzo he might aide Sasuke on getting even with Danzo.

oh but then again there's Jugo. wonder how they will stop him.

what i am really interested in is the Tobi/Madara-Naruto-Kakashi-Yamato scene. hmmm...maybe this is what Kishi is preparing for. keeping us all bored then BAM! (sad they are not seen in this chapter)

and what about Danzo and the others left behind. Hyuga vs Uchiha intrigues...hmmm. haha...i still like Gaara's statement. And the mizukage is "hot". (i'm not bi for the record) LOL!
Old 08-28-2009, 08:19 AM   #42
Amai Shikome
Chunin Exam Proctor

Amai Shikome is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Amai Shikome

I am so ready for a real fight! He keeps building this one and building it.

Go! Gaara! Put those old farts in their place. He needs respect.

So, I am betting next week he will veer away from the fight and go back to Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato and Madara. Don't get me wrong, I wanna hear what Madara has to say but I am itchin for some action!
Old 08-28-2009, 08:24 AM   #43
(un)Godly Hiroku
Special Jonin Candidate

(un)Godly Hiroku is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

hmm
wat was the there technique?
its weird its like there going to use fire style but they use lightning out there mouths and they have like a blinding genjutsu its weird
and the raikage is pissed
u can tell he is covered by lightning lol
he broke suigetsu's sword lol
need it
Use good rep when you
Believe it!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #44
3littlepigs
P-Chan

3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
The way that Suigetsu's sword broke pissed me off. How can you take out one of the legendary swords like that, with just a punch?
The sword got hit by Killer Bee before so it doesn't surprise me besides Raikage has great strength kind of like Tsunade when she's mad except this guy is ALWAYS mad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
I was thinking this before I read the chapter, but now it looks like Sasuke is no where near strong enough to be on par with Raikage, let alone actually kill him. Although, he has to be getting a major power-boost in the upcoming chapters because if not, he doesn't stand a chance against Naruto.
Well Raikage is strong but both times he got close to Sasuke he used his two jonin to get openings so he might only have brute strenght like Tsunade but that's no good if you can't get close to your opponent which he had help with. As for Sasuke he still hasn't really used his sharingan, MS or any techniques Itachi left him and I don't know how those cloud ninjas and Raikage plan to counter that...Sasuke can still fight Naruto the way he is now and have an advantage "genjutsu" which is Naruto's greatest weakness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Valentine View Post
Possible reason:
Spoiler:
Suigetsu is supposed to obtain a new sword.One with 2 handles.
Sounds like Chojuuro's one.
I hope not! Suigetsu is really confident in his abilities but Chojuuro doesn't seem like that at all...Suigetsu would kill him easily (I think...)
Old 08-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #45
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senin View Post
I expected more from this chapter but it was kk... I can't wait for the next chapter XD Sasuke is such a idiot -.-' omg ... Gaara is cool xD even though he is just a kid he has better ideas as the other kages I think, they all r so pathetic ...
I think he's a better Kage because he is younger, and because he has lived through so much in such a little time.

Quote:
The way that Suigetsu's sword broke pissed me off. How can you take out one of the legendary swords like that, with just a punch? Really Kishi is getting ridiculous. He keeps creating this characters with such amazing power, yet we have never heard of this ninja before in the past. They are stronger then even the Legendary Sannin who we constantly heard about, but not once are these 10x stronger ninja ever even mentioned.

He's starting to pull alot of this stuff out of his butt, like he's getting tired with the series. The last few chapters have been boring as hell, and its more drawn out then the Itachi/Sasuke fight....And that was REALLY drawn out. Seeing the flashback of Itachi killing the clan in front of Sasuke for the 15th time...Ugh.

Hopefully this will be foreshadowing something good, cause if not...I dont know, interest fading.

But what was with the comment about Hiashi being a traitor?
Did you honestly expect the sword to survive a crack in it from the 8 Tailed Beast, AND a Kage with incredible lightning fueled strength? Not to mention regular strength.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #46
3lilpandas
Genin

3lilpandas is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Anyway, am I the only one who thinks that Gaara, maybe Naruto after his talk with Madara, is going to stop the fight between Raikage and Sasuke? Gaara seems to be the only kage that actually cares about not only his own villagers, but the other kages villagers as well and the fact that he knows Sasuke, may make want to talk to him to find out why he is doing everything.
I don't know if this is going to happen like you are picturing it, but I do think that Gaara is going to play a major role in the next chapter or so.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #47
Fan of Minato
Special Jonin Candidate

Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

This was a pretty good chapter, the fight was really cool,

especially, where Suigetsu's sword breaks, Raikage is seriously, strong....

A member of the ANBU.
Post your question here
for it to be answered:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leader: Vidda Hatake

The Village Hidden in Aura

Senpai: DragonAngel (The laughing stock xD)

I am a Temporary Moderator as well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Forums have a lot of interesting things aside Drama.
Some are:

Spoiler:
Action 0_o
Quote:
hey DA you are a big dummy lol
Entertainment o_0
Quote:
But-but Gikage!! Does this mean you'll never have any babies!?!

Spawn of Deidara330 would be born instantly awesome.
Awesomeness o-o
Quote:
he's the man who ate the Kagu-Kagu Devil Fruit. 0_o xD

(Kagu Means Furniture)
Fear me. MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHA =o

And something Green 0_0
Quote:
Get Fom's name off there. Now!

A message from Sage
So Hockey...take my name off from your sig...xD

Best quote in the ENTIRE FORUMS:
Quote:

"TBC walks up to toma, and pushes him over, and stands on his chest with one foot"

"Toma flails on the ground like a fish, screaming something about the Chinese Panda Bear stealing his lunch."

Dances:
Quote:
*holds in mouth

Care to dance, my lovely?
True self at last. ;D TDZ, the lover boy. xD

What the google blue berries?
Quote:
Yeah, let us group together and show our AURA!
Sasori has those anxious moments too. ;D xDD

All in one forum....

Aura headband symbol:
Old 08-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #48
darkdemonofthemist
A True Bro

Location: Times people on Omegle actually wanted to have a decent conversation: 2
darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.darkdemonofthemist finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to darkdemonofthemist

I wish they'd get on with the Sakura thing.
jenny,Memitim,Jonesy,deadtaka,Noctis,NinjaPink,Devroux,Luna Mikazuki,Miss Kitty,Wooster
Vatanui AKA Pride,Toma RNK,KGT,SS4 Gogeta,Looney-Lyra,Semog,Bacon,Pool,AgentShayd
Kitsune,Kiseki,Spartacus,Nick Tasogare,TBC,Shikamaru Nara,Lone_Espada,Maruko
Follow me on Twitter! @fishcantblink
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanicRobot
Your face cured my cancer.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #49
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:
I simply love how Taka is getting pwned so far though.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #50
yondaime
Jonin

yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Overall it was a good chapter and I think when one of Danzo's aid said we'll get the Sharingan, I think he meant Sasuke's Sharingan maybe killing him.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #51
xXx~Ai~xXx
Veteran Chunin

Location: Hiding from all the angry Male Characters that I've drawn and written Yaoi of O.O
xXx~Ai~xXx is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by yondaime View Post
Overall it was a good chapter and I think when one of Danzo's aid said we'll get the Sharingan, I think he meant Sasuke's Sharingan maybe killing him.
more than likely, he might be going blind in that eye and wants to transfer sasukes?

what is it with everyone and that damned sharigan! ugh although, most ppl may have forgotten about this but, I wanna see what kind of powers Itachi gave Naruto right before he died, maybe something to counter Sasuke's Amaterasu? seeing as how he planned everything waaaaay ahead of time or something that can counter both Sasuke and Madara's sharigan...hmmmm *ponder ponder* waah I miss Itachi!

Last edited by xXx~Ai~xXx; 08-28-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #52
dragonjinchuriki dj
Special Jonin Candidate

dragonjinchuriki dj is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to dragonjinchuriki dj

did u all see jugo's complete 2nd state curse mark? IT..LOOKED..AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! it looks even cooler than sasuke's when he still had it

ADOPTED META KNIGHT
me:

my brawl friend code:4297-4483-8671
dragos half form:
Spoiler:

Old 08-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #53
JPSM
Genin

JPSM is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:

But what was with the comment about Hiashi being a traitor?
I don't believe the Hyuuga traitor was Hiashi, and neither is brother...that reference was from the ancient owner of Ao's eye...Hiashi is alive with booth eyes, and Hizashi's body was given to Kumo, but when Hizashi died, the seal destroyed the Byakugan...so it must be some Hyuuga that we didn't heard yet....

Probably due to the fact that they are very secretive and closed clan...in the past Danzo and the elders planned something like they did with the Uchiha, and this traitor Hyuuga was the one they picked to do the job...but he runaway from the village...

Old 08-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #54
MiKala89
Genin

MiKala89 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I'm actually getting sick of Sasuke wanting revenge... Lol.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #55
Reala
Chunin Exam Proctor

Location: You know when i said i wouldn't come your house when you weren't there anymore? I LIED
Reala saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Awards Showcase

I heard that the beast behind Sasuke was Susano'o, I think it was that 0-tails thing in the bonds movie, it looks like it.

I don't think Kishimoto is faultering, just merely getting the parts that cause the epic fights out of the way, and he's got so many loose ends to tie up, so i won't blame him if he does faulter, there's so many ways things should go, I think the next chapter will be more interesting and have some answers.
I think it will cut to the Naruto/Madara scene in the next chapter and some things will be revealed about Madara's plans and/or something about the meeting. And i think it'll end on the Sasuke/Raikage fight.

and i really want Sakura to beat the crap out of Sasuke! that boy needs sense pummeled into him!!

Believers NEVER Die!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #56
The 4th Hokage's Legacy
Ninja Academy Student

The 4th Hokage's Legacy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to The 4th Hokage's Legacy Send a message via MSN to The 4th Hokage's Legacy Send a message via Yahoo to The 4th Hokage's Legacy

This chapter bored me so much. I ended up just skimming it. I don't think I even read it fully.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #57
Nābris
Queen Meme
Sage of Oolong Tea

Nābris just might be Kage someday.
Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reala View Post
i really want Sakura to beat the crap out of Sasuke! that boy needs sense pummeled into him!!
Indeed....
Spoiler:
Although, I would personally find it even more satisfying if Team Raikage wiped Taka. Common, Raikage, land a hulk smash!

....but that's not likely to happen

If anything, the fight is going to get intervened by someone close by or one of the teams end up retreating. I doubt Team Konaha is going to arrive in the land of Iron anytime soon....they seem to be too far away. But, then again, who knows for sure.

Other than that, this chapter was good in the long run. I cannot wait to see what happens next week!

Old 08-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #58
Phenom
Chunin Exam Participant

Phenom is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post

Well Raikage is strong but both times he got close to Sasuke he used his two jonin to get openings so he might only have brute strenght like Tsunade but that's no good if you can't get close to your opponent which he had help with. As for Sasuke he still hasn't really used his sharingan, MS or any techniques Itachi left him and I don't know how those cloud ninjas and Raikage plan to counter that...Sasuke can still fight Naruto the way he is now and have an advantage "genjutsu" which is Naruto's greatest weakness.

While what you say is true, the fact remains that Sasuke can't take on three ninjas, two of which are only Jonin (even if they are extremely strong to be protecting the Raikage), whereas Naruto took on Pein who is an S-Class Criminal and easily on Kage level all by himself.

I just don't see Sasuke standing a chance at his current level. Sure he can unleash another Amaterasu, seeing as how that is his only way to win fights since he has gotten it, but that will only make him go blind faster and he will most likely use it as little as possible. Other than Amaterasu, he really has nothing over Naruto because Naruto knows how to counter all of the Sharingan's genjutsu already, assuming that Sasuke doesn't know how to do it the way Itachi did (flick of the finger), so he really doesn't have that against Naruto either.

Although whatever Sasuke wants to "try out" could easily put him at the level required to defeat Raikage and Naruto but until we know what that is we can't really say.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #59
3littlepigs
P-Chan

3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
While what you say is true, the fact remains that Sasuke can't take on three ninjas, two of which are only Jonin (even if they are extremely strong to be protecting the Raikage), whereas Naruto took on Pein who is an S-Class Criminal and easily on Kage level all by himself.

I just don't see Sasuke standing a chance at his current level. Sure he can unleash another Amaterasu, seeing as how that is his only way to win fights since he has gotten it, but that will only make him go blind faster and he will most likely use it as little as possible. Other than Amaterasu, he really has nothing over Naruto because Naruto knows how to counter all of the Sharingan's genjutsu already, assuming that Sasuke doesn't know how to do it the way Itachi did (flick of the finger), so he really doesn't have that against Naruto either.
See to me Naruto did great on that fight but he didn't actually defeat Pain by himself...I keep repeating myself on this but he had help (for the summonings Pa' and Ma' helped, Pa' helped again by summoning Naruto's clone, Jiraya gave info on Pain's bodies, Kakashi discovered Deva Path's weakness, Hinata intervened and her getting hurt made Naruto go crazy which is why Nagato couldn't take him, Minato sealed the Kyuubi again, oh and Katsuyu helped by giving him info as well)
As for Naruto being able to counter Genjutsu can you tell me how? he tried with Itachi and failed miserably (even when they met in the forest for the last time he still fell for it) being in Sage Mode doesn't help with Genjutsu either and let's not talk about Amaterasu and Susano'o ( if Sasuke has it) to me Sasuke really doesn't need to get that much stronger to fight Naruto...
I do agree that Sasuke probably can't win against 3 ninjas jonin/kage level by himself which is why Juugo and Suigetsu already intervened, but that sharingan is a nuisance and I'm not sure how Raikage and his two jonin plan on countering it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKala89 View Post
I'm actually getting sick of Sasuke wanting revenge... Lol.
It's a miracle you didn't get sick before LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXx~Ai~xXx View Post
more than likely, he might be going blind in that eye and wants to transfer sasukes?

what is it with everyone and that damned sharigan! ugh although, most ppl may have forgotten about this but, I wanna see what kind of powers Itachi gave Naruto right before he died, maybe something to counter Sasuke's Amaterasu? seeing as how he planned everything waaaaay ahead of time or something that can counter both Sasuke and Madara's sharigan...hmmmm *ponder ponder* waah I miss Itachi!
I haven't forgotten and I think about it a lot! LOL I really hope it's something that will even Naruto's chances of winning... something to counter either sharingan genjutsu or Amaterasu...I don't think Danzou's going blind, Shisui (so far as we know) didn't have MS so he wasn't going blind.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #60
Phenom
Chunin Exam Participant

Phenom is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
See to me Naruto did great on that fight but he didn't actually defeat Pain by himself...I keep repeating myself on this but he had help (for the summonings Pa' and Ma' helped, Pa' helped again by summoning Naruto's clone, Jiraya gave info on Pain's bodies, Kakashi discovered Deva Path's weakness, Hinata intervened and her getting hurt made Naruto go crazy which is why Nagato couldn't take him, Minato sealed the Kyuubi again, oh and Katsuyu helped by giving him info as well)
As for Naruto being able to counter Genjutsu can you tell me how? he tried with Itachi and failed miserably (even when they met in the forest for the last time he still fell for it) being in Sage Mode doesn't help with Genjutsu either and let's not talk about Amaterasu and Susano'o ( if Sasuke has it) to me Sasuke really doesn't need to get that much stronger to fight Naruto...
I do agree that Sasuke probably can't win against 3 ninjas jonin/kage level by himself which is why Juugo and Suigetsu already intervened, but that sharingan is a nuisance and I'm not sure how Raikage and his two jonin plan on countering it....
You cannot count any summonings as being help to Naruto because they are actually part of his abilities. He summons them, therefore they are a part of his arsenal of jutsu. Pa/Ma, can't remember which, did indeed summon his clones, but Naruto was going to before they offered so this wasn't that much of help seeing as how Pain wasn't even attacking him when they summoned the clones.

The only real help he got was the info from Kakashi, Jiraiyas only helped him know that he needed to find the real Pain which doesn't actually help him in the fight, which I acknowledge.

Anything to do with the fox is kind of pointless to point out, especially saying Hinata helped him. By saying she helped him that would mean that every single person who had been killed recently helped him to because all Hinata getting hurt did was make Naruto finally break. Pointing out that Minato redid the seal is pretty pointless because if he hadn't done it Naruto still would have won the fight, he simply would have become the fox to do it.

As for the genjutsu, Naruto knows that to counter the Sharingan's genjutsu ability all you have to do is avoid eye contact. The only reason Itachi could get the genjutsu to actually work against Naruto was because he was so adept at it that he could do it with the flick of his finger. Sasuke, from what we know, cannot do this therefore he most likely wouldn't get Naruto in the genjutsu.

The thing I forgot in the last post is that the only jutsu Sasuke would use against Naruto for most of the fight would be Fire Style because he would know that Naruto's wind moves would beat his lightning based attacks. This means that the majority of Sasukes techniques, again that we know of, are almost useless because the majority of them are lightning based.

I'm not saying that it is impossible for him to be a match, but it is highly unlikely.