View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
junchurikioftheleaf
Lonely Murkrow

junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Just a thought kicking around my head BFV

So it's late, about 2 in the morning where i live, and im just laying here thinking about stuff, and so naturally the part where jun resides in my head perks itself up at times like this, and my thoughts turn to old battles and my new student joon and i think this.

Bleach freeverse is unique in it's own way. It's not like other RP's that keep you strictly in line, with stats, rankings, EXP, etc. There is literally NOTHING here that says a brand new player couldn't beat me, couldn't beat killy, or couldn't beat seven, or anyone else. To me, while other RP's might find it right to ridicule the system we use, which is fine, as by their standards we are an out of the way and unruly style, I feel BFV is even more so an honor sport. The guidelines we have are forged in fire, and hammered into each and every strike of our blades. The characters we form a true and undaunted measure of our ability, and most of all they don't grow according to the system they grow with us.

I started out free versing for real as many know in the old hotsprings, against dark and against the others there, before anybody had a real style. Then this started, i missed an age or two, but i was brought in, already ripe with scars of battle and i was showed up royally by hally of all people, sure i was a match for dark, even superior but i wasn't playing bleach style before that. It wasn't more then a few moves and release down before hally had me caught, then i joined in here and became the arrancar that now sits here. I wasn't always the top here, hell at one point or another i was the new guy, the fresh meat, the one that had no points or recognition.

At one point, the fight i just won against joon final bankai vs base jun i wouldn't have had a centuries chance of winning before he even used shikai. that tells me their is still potential out there, still people we aren't even aware of that might just might be able to match me, match dev, match seven, noctis, killy, spleen, kg all of us. the veterans, but i also know that nobody is here because of the fundamental flaw in bleach freeverse. The single flaw that there is only fights. we don't have what other RP's do, our advancement is dependent on quick thinking and a taste for blood which as long as it lasted as many years the fire burned even mine is growing weak.

I've been doing some time over on the zeta boards OPRP with my friend kaji, im sure many of you that read this should atleast had heard of it, know of it. yea. well they are the kinda hardline system that we are the complete opposite of, but they have the thing we don't, and that's a heart and story behind it, sure they have the advantage of a larger and dedicated community. A massive world to RP in, etc etc, and im not saying by any means we should try again the disaster of stats and ranking but im saying that we need some story to this.

not just an overall storyline like weve tried that again consists of nothing but pointless fights until i step in or another baseline war of nothing that results in who can grab the big players first on their week long thread, and certainly not the same style as the oblivion games that vat tried, while in the right direction, he simply went to far overboard with the base cur enemies being gods in their own right..

I think we should try and get the community back together one more time, get a better handle on whose in whose not, start up a bit of organization and an expected standard of understanding and keep all our fundamentals but bring in some new things, bring in areas to actually RP in, not just battles at where ever player x wants to pick to fight in during y time of day and player z goes first, but adventures, fun times, rivalries and contests of skill or even wars if we can make it that far

Things that don't just end in a couple days because player one is busy with school work and then player 2 Coughlonecough decides to say their gonna and never do, things that could take months to play out if there that big. A real RP entirely freeformed. We know our characters limits and nobody can enforce them but ourselves.

everyone knows what happens when a judge is called in during a fight and it's never good. i mean if you wanna fight and fight and fight thats great, fight all you want but if your character just can't pull it off and you wanna say they can and nobody else wants to say so then why are we getting pissed off about it. step back a second look at it, look at what you did and see, well that attack was on this large of a scale and i did this to live but is their a chance that i couldn't have managed it? if the answer is no just explain why, if they have a counter to that reason and you don't well accept it sometimes we don't win.

c'mon i got a move in base that could level half a city from the floor to the sky, but i'm not gonna use that move and then be blinking all over the place like ichigo with a rabbit in his pants and throwing cero blasts. How could i expect a base level arrancar clearly using every ounce of power and skill he has at once to follow through with that sort of movement. I would expect a competitor to call me on that, and then what about after the fight, we fight, get bored, quit or rarely somebody loses and then what, you just stand there until you somehow end up in the next fight and it repeats.

let's add story to this, let's add little instances of play between 3 or 4 people, teams, rivals, misadventures and the like, a game where people aren't everywhere at once, let's stop getting in the 3 4 5 different fights at the same time and if go instead with well, im in this town here, and oh look it's dev coming to start a fight, we fight for a while and then OH HELL TEDDY JUST CAME OUT OF NOWHERE AND NOW WERE BOTH SCREWED, but look we suddenly teamed up and it's a fight again, or it could go mexican standoff and we all end up pointed sword to sword at eachother till somebody moves. or maybe we fight for a while but then the pace slows down and it turns to dialogue, chatter etc, or maybe we have somebody outside, a narrator come in and bring in npc's a massive swarm of hollow attack or this one guy that will never be seen ever again shows up and hes causing trouble.

Well it's alot to read i don't really expect to much of a response but like i said it's just a thought that kicked itself up to me. night guys.
espada #0 of the escudo arrancar
I am the wayward espada, the embodiment of madness

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
You sound Like a child.

And you're calling Jun an amateur? JUN of all people? The Jun who could possibly solo everyone? and YES,he can destroy you
for once someone gets it right
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
junchurikioftheleaf is offline   Reply With Quote