View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #294
Rasen_Chidori
The Smiling Assassin
Konoha Historian

Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: To Reach the Sky...

Chapter Twenty One - Guardians of the Sky

Maikeru and Rasen stared each other down, Tempest and Bella flanked Rasen on each side, ready to back him up. Rasen could hear the buzzing zap of Tempests' energy gun charging a shot.

"So, you need a group of friends to face me Rasen?" Maikeru taunted him. Rasen remained silent and drew his weapon, Maikeru did the same.

"Fine, I'll take you all down!" Maikeru exlaimed, dashing forward, slicing his blade at Rasens head.

Rasen ducked down and rolled to the side instinctively, avoiding the strike, he barely had time to look up and Maikerus' implant arm was coming right at his face, claws extended. Rasen lunged to the side to escape.

Bella and Tempest attacked Maikeru from the sides, but he was too fast and he easily avoided them both.

"You've gotten faster Rasen." Maikeru mockingly complimented him as Rasen slowly got to his feet. Clearly not viewing Bella or Tempest as a threat as he ignored thier presence completely. "Rasen...I won't lose to you again!" Maikeru laughed crazily, "What's the matter? Afraid to die?"
Rasen lunged forward in response, ready to attack, but as he drew close, suddenly Maikerus' implant arm lurched backwards, pulling him towards the edge of the platform. Maikeru fought against it, trying to attack Rasen again.

"What is this? Why is the implant suddenly being repelled by Rasens' presence? The Biokasei scientist said it would be drawn to him, not repelled!" Maikeru thought wildly.

Rasen realized that the arm was about to pull Maikeru over the edge of the platform, he rushed forward to stop him from going over the edge, as he drew near, the implant pulled Maikeru even more forcefully towards the edge of the platform and Maikeru tumbled over the side and plummeted down into the darkness below, Rasen heard a thud, then silence.

"What happened?" Bella asked as she walked up to Rasen, Tempest and Hikari right behind her.

"I have no idea..." Rasen replied.

"We have no time...we must continue." Tempest reminded them.

"Yeah...lets go." Rasen said as he straightened up, and the group turned and left, heading on to topdistrict.

~*~

Destruction sat alone in the centre, speaking to no-one in particular.

"Yes...I am certain, he will grow to be even stronger than me." He continued to talk to himself, "He is the one who will bring light to the world. Is it not the greatest honor to have ones own flesh and blood surpass oneself? And he will lead us into a new age..."

~*~

Maki stood in the centre, memories of his battle with the previous chosen raced through his mind, he saw himself have his eye gouged out by one of the dragons claws, blood splattering everywhere. He placed his hand over his empty eye socket.

A voice came from behind him, "Old wounds hurting you?"

Maki turned, "Lolohwd." He addressed the young general. "Although it did not effect it's eventual fate, I failed to stop the previous dragon."

"So, you're going?" Lolohwd asked him, seeing the intent in Makis' words.

"Yes, if the high regent SilentShinos' wish is to test the dragon," Maki replied, "If he cannot defeat me, he will never reach the sky."

"You may lose more than an eye this time." Lolohwd cautioned him. "Your role in the fate of the world ended that day, but you would still go?"

"That's why, that's why I must go." Maki said.

~*~

Rasen and the others had passed through topdistrict and they neared the transporter to the centre.

"That transporter is the only way to the centre." Tempest informed the others. "Other than that it's where the generals live and that it controls the other districts, Hizoku has almost no information on the centre."

Rasen spoke, "Tempest, going in there would mean..."

"I know," She replied, "We will be going directly up against them, and they won't take it lying down either."

Rasen turned to her and Bella, "Are you sure you want to come?"

Tempest spoke, "I've been a rebel from the start, I don't care about the danger, I just want to see how this all turns out."

"I'm coming, I've come too far with you guys to leave now." Bella chipped in.

"Thanks," Rasen said, "It means a lot."

Bella nodded and Tempest shot at him, "Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not doing it for you."

Suddenly there was a bright light and the transporter flashed, when the light faded, there was a figure standing on the transporter.

"Wha?" Bella exclaimed, "He just came from the centre!"

The person spoke, "Yes, that is why I've come, to face the dragon once again. I'm general Maki."

"You're a general?!" Rasen asked.

"We generals guard the path to the surface, and there is only one way for you to get there, to defeat us." Maki informed them, "But enough small talk! Now, Dragon, show me the full extent of your powers!"

Make your getaway, make your getaway
Break free from a fate that is far too sad

Last edited by Rasen_Chidori; 04-06-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Rasen_Chidori is offline   Reply With Quote