View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 05:18 AM   #283
Rasen_Chidori
The Smiling Assassin
Konoha Historian

Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: To Reach the Sky...

Chapter Nineteen - Indecision

Rasen entered the office of the leader of Hizoku, waiting for him were three people, the one in the middle was clearly the leader. He stepped forward and greeted Rasen.

"Ah, Rasen, I've heard a lot about you. This is Storm and Kate, and I am...well, I'm sure you already know who I am."

Rasen gazed at the floor and replied, "Demon, leader of the rebel organisation, Hizoku...a wanted man."

"As are you, I believe?" Demon casually replied to this, Rasen remained silent, "Forgive me, I do not mean to insult you." Demon continued. "Indeed, you have fought bravely, thanks to you, Hikari is safe, here with us."

"Yes, you have done well." The one named Storm spoke up, "Now we have evidence of what the-" Demon cut him off.

"We shall not speak of that now Storm, please remain silent." Storm nodded and was quiet. Demon continued, "As you know, Hikari cannot live long in this polluted air, but we have medicines here that can help her."

Rasen spoke up, "But...but won't she be ok if I take her outside? To where the sky is?"

"If there truely is a sky, would you risk her life, on such a fable?" Demon asked him, "Making her run around out there is like making her walk on shards of glass. However, I feel that I can trust your judgement, so, I will leave the decision up to you, Rasen."

Rasen was silent, thinking it over.

Demon spoke again, "Of course, I would welcome you, to stay here with us and protect her, if that was your wish."

~*~

Rasen left the office, his head full of thoughts, of the choice he had been posed with.

Back in Demons' office, Kate was speaking. "You trust him?" She asked. "He is one of them, an ex-ranger!"

Demon was silent for a moment, "Trust?" He thought for a moment more, "Yes, I want to believe, that he might be the chosen."

~*~

Rasen had returned to the others, and after a few minutes of silence, he asked Tempest.

"This medicine, that they're giving Hikari...they say it stops her body weakening so fast."

Tempest cut in, "Rasen...you probably know this...but..."

"I know, Hizoku doesn't have the equiptment to save her, no-where in this world does. But Hizoku, I know that you are doing everything you can to stop them, so there won't be any more people who end up like Hikari."

"So...what do we do?" Bella asked.

Rasen shook his head, "I'm not sure..."

~*~

Deciding to let Hikari rest, the others had retired into one of Hizokus' sleeping areas, Bella was dozing on one of the beds while Rasen sat on another bed staring at the wall opposite.

Tempest walked up to him, "What's wrong? You look like something is on your mind."

Rasen was silent for a moment, "Am I going to die?" He asked.

"Well, we all die...in the end..." Tempest replied. Rasen was silent, "You're talking about that power, aren't you?"

"Every time I use it, I can feel it consuming...sucking away my life, my spirit, why me? Why do I have it?" Rasen continued, "It's almost like....I supposed to use my life...to do something."

"To do what?" Tempest asked him.

Rasen was about to answer when a loud scream rung out from somewhere outside the room. Bella jolted upright at the sound and glancing at the others, she jumped up and followed them out of the room, heading towards the sound.

They burst into the room where Hikaris' bed was, to see the plastic had been slashed away and Hikari was cowering in the corner, two Hizoku members were advancing on her, their weapons drawn.

"Hikari!" Rasen yelled, causing the Hizoku members to turn, realizing he was there.

"That child is proof of the governments foul deeds! I will not let you take her with you!" One of the members shouted.

Drawing their weapons, Bella, Rasen and Tempest rushed in, and quickly took down the two Hizoku members.

After the dust settled and Rasen, Bella and Tempest had Hikari back with them, there was a noise and the door opened.

Make your getaway, make your getaway
Break free from a fate that is far too sad

Last edited by Rasen_Chidori; 02-09-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Rasen_Chidori is offline   Reply With Quote