Thread: Books: The Book Review!
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #12
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Book Review!

Has anybody read I am the messenger by Mark Zuzak?

It's really good, it was an unrequired book to read over the Summer, and quite frankly, it's one of the best books the school has given to me that is AWESOME in a LONG time. It's probably been a good 1 and a half years since I was in a SCHOOL GIVEN BOOK to the point I read it ALL in one day, the last one was The Odyssey which I read in 2 days. It's nothing religious, but it's actually quite the opposite. Consider reading it.

It's basically a story of a nobody becoming a somebody through his morals and actions with society, it's really touching. And if you DO get to read it, let me just tell you the guy at the end who "killed his father" is none other than ZUZAK HIMSELF. Read this AFTER reading the book and you'll understand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutsu Junkie View Post
Yeah, he misses a lot, especially concerning the women in his life. But it was really fun to read. Flint is still better, though. The ramifications of a gun-loving West Virginian town transported to ancient Europe -- he squeezes every bit out of it.

And yet you did stick it out until book three. I think Feist's characterization and plot are very good. And while it's not always an indication of the quality of his craftsmanship, he is both critically acclaimed and rich. I had a lot of fun following Pug through the sweep of his whole story, and if you haven't reached the Serpent Queen series, the plotting gets really good.

One of my favorite books is Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card. This man has characterization down pat. The book is about a kid named Andrew Wiggin (Ender, as his sister called him) who is recruited/coerced into the defense of Earth from aliens called Buggers. He attends a space academy, where he is trained to be an officer. There are some here who don't like it, but almost everyone I know who has read it loves the book. Card is a prolific writer, and he writes contemporary fantasy too; you may want to check out Lost Boys, if you can handle emotional tragedies involving children. The book gives you a bit of insight into the LDS faith as well, if you are curious about such things. Magic Street, a book about a young black kid in LA hunted by magic creatures because of his unique nature, is also a good read.
I think I said this a long time ago, but I HATED Ender's Game, but no need to re-discuss that

Last edited by Ur Mom; 01-19-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote