View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 06:11 AM   #86
Rasen_Chidori
The Smiling Assassin
Konoha Historian

Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Rasen_Chidori completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: To Reach the Sky...

Chapter Three - Legends

Rasen and Maikeru made their way through the ranger station, Rasen nodded to several rangers as he walked past.

"Come on, hurry it up Rasen, I want to get this over with." Maikeru said as they made their way through the marketplace to the frieght lift station. To greet them there was a security guard. He turned and saw their uniforms and realized they were there for the lift, he must have been told beforehand of their mission.

"Sorry boys, the lift has broken down." The guard told them, it was not a great surprise; everything in Chikayo broke down a lot, especially in Lowdistrict where a lot of the maintenance was ignored or sloppily done.

"Typical" Maikeru said to himself, a hint of frustration in his voice.

"You're gonna have to walk the tracks in order to get to Biokasei. The cargo you'll be guarding will be waiting there for you." The guard told them as he walked away to continue his patrolling.

"You expect me, Maikeru 0.89 to walk the tracks all the way to Biokasei?" Maikeru asked himself as the guard walked away. "Well lets get going shall we Rasen?"

Rasen and Maikeru walked along the tracks, making their way towards the Biokasei labs, for a while, very little was said by either of them and they both remained on their guard in case of a Kaijuu attack which were not uncommon on the freight tracks.

Rasen had heard someone in the Lowdistrict market mention something called the sky, and unsure what that was Rasen had been wondering about it for a while so he decided to ask Maikeru about it.

"Hey, Maikeru?" Rasen asked.

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever heard of anything called the sky?"

"Well...yeah, the roof of the Lowdistrict market is painted blue to look like a thing that they call the sky. I'm not sure exactly what the sky is, but it is said that the air there is really clean. Unlike most of the air in Lowdistrict." Maikeru explained.

"Is it real?"

"I don't know, as far as I know it's only a legend, but with legends you never know do you?"

"Say it was real, where is it?" Rasen pushed wanting to know more about this place.

"It is said that if you continue up and up through Middistrict and Topdistrict and past the centre you will find a gate to the sky. But they say that the highest ranking
generals guard the key to opening it. But of course it is only a legend; it may just be a fanciful lie."

"If the sky was real it would be great to live under it with all the clean air you want. Don't you agree Maikeru?" Rasen asked, beginning to daydream about what life would be like under the sky.

"I guess so, anyway we're about to enter the Biokasei labs so I think that it is time to concentrate now Rasen not think about legends of the sky."

"Right."

Rasen and Maikeru reached the rusted door that had the faded lettering 'Biokasei' painted onto it. They entered and were greeted by a scientist, who wordlessly pointed them in the right direction and went back to reading his newspaper.

The pair followed the scientists direction through the Biokasei labs until they reached a door that read ‘Kaijuu Processor'.

"We have to go through there to reach the lift." Maikeru told Rasen, walking towards it.

"Alright then let's go." Rasen replied, but then, as Rasen took a step forward, he was suddenly not in the hall anymore, he was standing on a catwalk staring at what looked to him like a giant dragon. As Rasen began to approach the dragon he heard a voice in his head.

"The long wait is over...at last" The voice was loud in Rasens mind. Rasen could now see the dragon was breathing ever so lightly, it was alive! "You have awakened, my dying dream, at last another chance." the voice spoke once more. Rasen was now standing right in front of the dragon staring up at what he realized was the source of the voice.

"You have been chosen, my little friend, the sky awaits..."

Suddenly the dragon was gone and the world was black.

Make your getaway, make your getaway
Break free from a fate that is far too sad

Last edited by Rasen_Chidori; 12-13-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Rasen_Chidori is offline   Reply With Quote