Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Naruto Manga Discussion (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Spoiler The Kyubbi (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=98033)

Ur Mom 05-12-2011 05:09 PM

The Kyubbi

The Kyubbi is showing quite an interesting change in the past chapter:

-He's not necessarily 100% speaking for himself, but is actually letting Naruto talk to him
-He doesn't seem to be SCREAMING at Naruto the whole effing time for once
-His dominance towards naruto has definitely lessened

Why, well perhaps he might be wanting a true alliance with Naruto, maybe he feels him just a little worthier of him. After all, it's not like the tailed beasts have not been shown as quite human-like before, maybe all it takes is understanding. Many people are saying Naruto will now not team up with the beast and just be dominant, but this just can't happen for 3 reasons

1) Eventually the borrowing and stealing chakra from each other thing is going to get to him, heck we might even see Naruto change into something somewhat evil, with Sakura whining "Ohhh, Naruto, don't you see how much of a bish you've become!?". For that matter the Kyubbi is going to change with Naruto's "happy" chakra. He'll want to eventually mold his chakra with the Kyubbi, and by then it may be time
2) For all practical purposes he needs the abilities of the Kyubbi, and he needs power, basically, plot no jutsu combined with practical sense. Besides, I already said this earlier, but chances are that there will be a point where Naruto goes a little crazy for Sasuke (As if he isn't already)
3) The great beast is not going to let himself get dominated completely by a mere human...

Spoiler:
Still, I HATE this "weak Kyubbi" stuff, it's pissing me off

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato 05-12-2011 05:20 PM

Re: The Kyubbi

i guess the kyuubi is just gettn soft....

Yori 05-12-2011 05:32 PM

He hit a new low when Naruto toyed with him like that.

Namikaze_Naruto 05-12-2011 07:41 PM

Of course he hit a new low. I mean, he has lived the last 16 years at only half power from his original self, and now he has literally lost all of his remaining chakra and is just a mass of will. Can't really get any lower than that while still being alive and sentient.

It's pretty obvious where Kishi is going to go with this (in the long run, that is), I'm curious to see if he throws in some short-run curve balls at least

JazzJunkie4 05-12-2011 09:32 PM

Well, naruto did kick hiss ass pretty well. I think that alone will give him some respect. Also, it does look like this new change in the fox's personality may work in naruto's favor. I mean, he already owns the fox's chakara, but it would be nice if at some point he did work together with fox so that his chakara wasn't devoured in exchange for the fox's chakara or something. After all naruto's most reclusive enemy is hate and the fox is a massive embodiment of hate, so I think it would be nice if he did end up changing the fox in some way. Maybe not as much as gaara or pain, but at least enough to call it a day...

Dragon_Sage 05-12-2011 11:18 PM

i wuld jus like to say thumbs up to naruto for basically turning this massive fox into a kitten :D.....i no this theory is alil far-fetched but i always felt tht during the last battle wit sauske that naruto and the nine tails would somehow bcome comrades (in a way) and tht would give naruto the final push to beating sauske

Ur Mom 05-13-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon_Sage (Post 5038034)
i wuld jus like to say thumbs up to naruto for basically turning this massive fox into a kitten :D.....i no this theory is alil far-fetched but i always felt tht during the last battle wit sauske that naruto and the nine tails would somehow bcome comrades (in a way) and tht would give naruto the final push to beating sauske

On the contrary the fox could completely betray him >.> and take Naruto's soul over

deidara330 05-13-2011 02:51 PM

Not at all. Nine-Tails said what he did to fill Naruto with enough doubt to make him turn to Nine-Tails for more power. What he was saying might've made enough sense, but that doesn't matter to Nine-Tails. It only makes him sound more convincing. This was simply a thorough last attempt by Nine-Tails to get Naruto take his power so Nine-Tails could take over Naruto. If you read the chapter on the assumption that Nine-Tails is only trying to made Naruto lose faith in his own power, it still makes sense.

Although, Nine-Tails could still honestly believe Naruto's a fool for what he's attempting to do. In the history of the Naruto world, no one's taken on an entire war by themselves. Yet Naruto believes he can. On top of the fact that Nine-Tails is simply after control over Naruto, I'm sure he's not pleased his host is an idiot who thinks he can manage the unmanagable.

Either way, Nine-Tails doesn't actually care about Naruto's well-being.

EvL j3st3r 05-13-2011 04:20 PM

I say there will be an alliance. Just not one of friendship or understanding. Their alliance will be based on the fact that they share a common enemy (Madara). Teaming up would be in the best interests of both of them.

and I think "weak Kyuubi" is an unfair analysis of the situation. It's like saying the 8 tails is weak just bc KB has control of him (which we've seen is obviously not the case). The Kyuubi is not weak, he is just powerless against Naruto.

kalmeast 05-13-2011 04:54 PM

i think that naruto turning into a beast with several tails is over.... imo, kishi took sasuke's cursemark and caused a plot that alows naruto to only take kuubi chakra without turning into kuubi so at the finale we arent seeing beast fighting beast...that'd be a little too much...10-tails is a beast enough for the whole finale if you ask me.

Besides, i think kuubi is afraid of losing his self once he's joined with the 10-tails...- think about the fact that kuubi enjoys war and where there is chaos...why is he concerned now?

Ur Mom 05-14-2011 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvL j3st3r (Post 5039250)
I say there will be an alliance. Just not one of friendship or understanding. Their alliance will be based on the fact that they share a common enemy (Madara). Teaming up would be in the best interests of both of them.

and I think "weak Kyuubi" is an unfair analysis of the situation. It's like saying the 8 tails is weak just bc KB has control of him (which we've seen is obviously not the case). The Kyuubi is not weak, he is just powerless against Naruto.

...Why would Madara be his enemy, if anything, he's a threat to war and conflict for him just like kal said

kalmeast 05-14-2011 08:08 AM

this one here is outta business but i want to propose a rare what if? though a lil ridiculous.
What if kuubi's "now purpose" will be to help naruto be in constant Sage Mode. Since there is no evidence of Kuubi possessing much chakra any more. He's said he's been watching Naruto. Could naruto teach him to be still to collect natural energy for Naruto. Since Naruto will be unable to use clones in RS Mode now. Far fetched i know. it'd be cool.

EvL j3st3r 05-14-2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ur Mom (Post 5041222)
...Why would Madara be his enemy, if anything, he's a threat to war and conflict for him just like kal said

The fox has already made clear that Madara isn't exactly his favorite person.....but that's not even why I say Madara is his enemy. It's Madara's goal. He wants to merge the tailed beasts back together to revive the Juubi. At that point, the Kyuubi would cease to exist as himself....kinda the same as death for him. If I were the fox, I would definitely consider Madara my enemy.