Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   The Graveyard (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   New Battleground Rules (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=88740)

SageoftheSixPaths 05-26-2010 09:01 PM

New Battleground Rules

Default Debate Settings

These are the default settings for any battle where things such as location, starting range, time of day, or weather conditions are automatically assigned if the Original Poster does not specify them in the first post.

STARTING DISTANCE: 50 meters
LOCATION: A plain, barren field, much like the Konoha Crater (For Naruto it is the crater)
WEATHER: Average
TIME OF DAY: Noon
CHARACTERS DON'T GET PREP UNLESS SPECIFIED.

Any and all changes regarding the above conditions that are changed after the debating has started MUST be added in by the Original Poster (hereafter called the OP), or the changes are considered to not exist.

Additionally Matches with the Location given as "You choose" are NOT ALLOWED.

Banned Matches

These are matches that are considered to be completely unfair, otherwise known as "stomp" or "troll" threads.

Ex. Naruto vs. Superman

It is clear that, unless the original post gives specific conditions that make the match even, Superman absolutely wins this fight.

In addition, there will be no fights in which omnipotents are involved.

General Laws of Debating
These laws of debating are to be considered always valid unless otherwise specified by the OP.
  • All characters being debated are at their most recent abilities as shown in the manga, anime, comic, TV show, movie, etc.
  • The contestants have all previous knowledge of the other contestants that they are known to have in their respective universes.
  • All contestants are in character but with killing intent
  • In a team match, teamwork is acceptable.
  • Only canon material is accepted.
  • In-verse relationships do not factor into fights between characters. (Ex. Naruto being in love with Sakura has absolutely NO impact on the outcome of the fight.)
  • Contestants MAY NOT leave the battleground unless they are forcibly removed. If a contestant is removed from the battlefield it is considered a ring out and an automatic disqualification for that character.
  • Contestants have the standard equipment that they have generally been shown fighting with (Kunai Knives, certain swords, etc.), except for certain weapons that they have only shown with prep (such as Konan's Exploding Tag ocean). They can only use those weapons if the OP specifies that they have enough prep.
Energy Laws

• All forms of energy are considered equal to one another, unless a form of energy has very specific characteristics. (Ex. Chakra is equal to Reaitsu)
  • Any Inner Energy is equal to any other, life force included.
  • Contestants from universes where they are normally invisible or intangible become visible and tangible, even if the other contestants has no energies that would normally allow them to do so. (Ex. Shinigami from Bleach can be seen by Shikamaru, despite him not being a Shinigami or Hollow himself)
How To Win

• Create an argument in which the opposing contestant[s] are killed and the opposition is either in agreement or cannot form a counter argument. If the contestant can regenerate from death or is immortal then this method is invalid.
  • Create an argument in which the opposing contestant[s] are captured and the opposition is either in agreement or cannot form a counter argument.
  • Create an argument in which the opposing contestant[s] are knocked unconscious and the opposition is either in agreement or cannot form a counter argument. This is typically used for characters who have high tier regeneration or immortality.
  • Create an argument in which the opposing contestant[s] are rendered immobile and the opposition is either in agreement or cannot form a counter argument.
  • Create an argument in which the opposing contestant[s] can survive longer than the other contestant[s] and the opposition is either in agreement or cannot form a counter argument. This is for battles where environmental defeat, suicide attacks, etc. are factors.
  • A contestant cannot lose due to old age or natural causes of death save for debilitating illnesses. (Ex. Broly cannot kill Juggernaut, but Broly is too fast for Juggernaut to hit. Since Juggernaut can tank anything Broly tries to hit him with, he can just wait until Broly dies of old age. This would NOT be an acceptable argument for a contestant to lose by.)
Terminology Used

Bloodlust: This means that a contestant is fighting with the intent to kill, is going all out, and can use moves that contradict the storyline or their personality.

Canon: Anything made by the original author. For manga this is only the manga in most cases. For games it is only the games in most cases. The same goes for T.V., comics, or other forms of media. Any series that are both an anime and a manga usually use whichever of the two was created first. If this is not the case, the OP should say so.

Feats: Actual moves or techniques characters have been seen to use or employ in actual canon material.

FRS: Abbreviated form of "Futon: Rasen Shuriken."

Hype: This is used for any attacks, techniques, or other abilities a character has not been shown to use or employ, or the claimed level of an effect in canon, especially when that effect hasn't been shown.

Immortal: Being unable to die; being able to live for eternity; being unable to naturally die; being unable to die from natural causes; has regeneration to the point of being unkillable.

Logia: A One Piece ability that allows certain characters to be semi-intangible. Examples are Enel's lightning logia, Akainu's magma logia, Aokiji's ice logia, etc.

MVBG: Multi Versal Battle Ground; a Wiki created by Viz Forum Battleground members as an alternative to the OBD Wiki. The link to this Wiki can be found HERE.

OBD: Outskirts Battle Dome; a section of the Narutofan Forum dedicated to battles; a wiki dedicated to the Narutofan Forum's Outskirts Battledome. The link to this Wiki can be found HERE.

Plot no Jutsu: A term used to describe events in Naruto that are incredibly ridiculous that would only happen solely because of the plot demanding it. Generally shortened to "PNJ."

Speedblitz: Where one character is so much faster than another that they can attack and defeat the opposition before they have time to react or counter. Generally shortened to "blitz."

Spite Thread: Same as a troll or stomp thread.

Stomp: A thread where a fight is so unfair and one sided that it's nigh impossible for one opponent to win.

Wank: Synonymous with "wankery". Where a debater is so biased towards their candidate that they will ignore all forms of reasoning and stubbornly cling to their opinion, despite the fact that it's clearly WRONG. People who wank are called wankers.

Troll: They see me trollin'. They hatin'.

Lolwut?: Sometimes lengthened to "Lolwutfail", this is only to be used by veteran debaters. All others caught using this term will be given 50 lashes.

How to Debate

• There will be no one word answers. All answers should be AT THE VERY LEAST one sentence long and should contain legitimate reasoning to back up your take on a fight. Any answers not meeting these standards are subject to down reps, spamming infractions, and post deletion.
  • Flaming ABSOLUTELY will NOT be tolerated. Any flaming or semblance of flaming may be subject to down reps, infractions, and post deletion.
  • Stay on topic with the debate at hand. A certain amount of leniency will be allowed, but if the conversation begins to stray towards Off Topic then down reps, infractions, and post deletion may be warranted.
  • You MAY NOT simply say "I agree with __________". You must post your own reasons and facts in order to be considered a participant in the debate and not just a post farmer.
Miscellaneous Battleground Regulations

• Joke Threads are allowed, but be forewarned that there is a limit as to how far you can go with them. If something looks like post farming, flaming, trolling, wanking, etc. down reps, infractions, and post deletion may be warranted. Also, be aware that not many debaters may share the same sense of humor as you, and no Mods, Admins, FAIL members, BAD members, etc. are to be held accountable for any negative repercussions you receive from a Joke Thread.
  • There is a limit as to how many threads you may make a day. The limit is that a single person may only make five threads in the Battleground per day.
  • ALL FORUM RULES ARE IN EFFECT WHILE IN THE BATTLEGROUNDS.
Don't Break the Rules!

Failure to follow either the Battleground Rules or Forum Rules will result in the following punishments:
  • A PM alerting you of your violations, as well as the punishment administered.
  • Your thread may be locked.
  • The possibility of a down rep, infraction, post deletion, being section banned, temp banned from the forums altogether, and even permanent bans.
Confused?

Any questions regarding the Battlegrounds may be addressed in a PM to any BAD members, or posted in the Battleground Help Thread. This thread can be found HERE.

If your thread is locked and you believe that it was unfairly administered or should be unlocked, or if you want a thread to be locked, you can either PM a BAD member or post HERE.

Yellow Flash 05-26-2010 09:05 PM

Re: New Battleground Rules

Lets get this to be made a sticky.

Good job Sixxy, I can tell you put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this. :lol:

deidara330 05-26-2010 09:08 PM

Sadly I can't sticky this, SotSP. And at the moment I can't think of anyone online who can.

Miles Edgeworth 05-26-2010 09:12 PM

I'll sticky the thread.

SageoftheSixPaths 05-26-2010 09:13 PM

Wait, how can you not sticky even though you're a mod in this section?

EDIT: Thanks, Miles.

deidara330 05-26-2010 09:13 PM

(Edit: Thank you.) Can you also please sticky the other two, and unsticky the old rules?
Quote:

Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths (Post 3184301)
Wait, how can you not sticky even though you're a mod in this section?

EDIT: Thanks, Miles.

Because even though I'm a mod, my powers are very restricted in most areas I have power in. My current powers mostly amount to editing other people's posts and being able to view deleted ones.

Crimson King 05-26-2010 09:14 PM

OBD wiki link is actually http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/

Miles Edgeworth 05-26-2010 09:15 PM

I unstickied the old one, I'll sticky the other threads in a sec.

SageoftheSixPaths 05-26-2010 09:15 PM

@Crimson: Ah, thanks. I was wondering why the link wasn't working.

Kingsnoke 05-26-2010 09:16 PM

What qualifies one as a veteran debater, so that they can use lolwutfail?

SageoftheSixPaths 05-26-2010 09:17 PM

Let me put it this way:

If you have to ask, you can't use it.

Kingsnoke 05-26-2010 09:19 PM

Touche.

Edit: Might want to include what that means. Some People don't know.

Nyruss 05-26-2010 09:27 PM

Hype isn't short for hyperbole. They are actually distinct, if related, terms.

Hyperbole is an intentional exageration of an effect or status (Itachi's Susanoo being able to block any attack for example)

Hype is the claimed level of that effect in canon, especially when that effect hasn't been shown onscreen(Such as any female Naruto character being competent)

SageoftheSixPaths 05-26-2010 09:30 PM

I just copy and pasted that part from some of the old stuff. Didn't even notice that. Thanks for point that out. I'll fix it.

kejon16 05-26-2010 09:41 PM

Yeah not the place too ask you this sage. I would like too have a spar with you.

The 1st Hokage 05-27-2010 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingsnoke (Post 3184318)
What qualifies one as a veteran debater, so that they can use lolwutfail?

lolwutfail

jk but great job sixxy,you get + rep.

Edit:I did help *in patheitic tone*

321zigzag1 05-27-2010 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths (Post 3184314)
@Crimson: Ah, thanks. I was wondering why the link wasn't working.

OBD wiki is gone. An ID tried to revive it only for the regulars to shoot it down with impunity and raw justice.

Nice thread SOSTP. If only every people would bother to read it hopefully.

Also 5 thread limit? Well lets see how that works out.

Wooster 05-27-2010 05:50 AM

I like the limit of 5 threads a day that should keep a lot crap battles down. Not knowing the other opponents moves is a change isn't it? I like it this way better.

Ultimate combatant 05-27-2010 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths (Post 3184322)
Let me put it this way:

If you have to ask, you can't use it.

Luckily, I don`t have to ask!!! :)

Kuroda Taishi 05-27-2010 09:04 AM

Thread limit of 5 per day is unnaceptable rule. Please revise.