Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Naruto Manga Discussion (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Spoiler Izanami (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=88152)

Hatifnatte 12-30-2010 03:58 PM

Izanami

I have been theorizing this theory for months, and have finally decided to release it. Please read the entire theory, it may be lengthy but is very detailed and requires comprehensive reading. I hope you enjoy, as it took tons of time to connect the pieces together.<• = Section, * = Subsection>

•Yatagarasu
Itachi fans have often been criticized for treating Itachi as a god, however there is too much evidence to deny the fact that Itachi is indeed the parallel of the Shinto god, Yatagarasu. To begin with, Kishimoto has aspired this entire manga off of mythology, for instance: So it's far from an assumption that Kishimoto, is inspired by the ancient teaching of of Asian religions and culture for his manga. Itachi is the parallel of another great religious and cultural figure in Asia, the three legged crow, the Yatagarasu. First of all, the relation between Itachi and Yatagarasu is very similar already: Yatagarasu being a crow god, and Itachi being a representation or user of crow variants, makes their connection strong already. However there is another great similarity: They both share very similar necklaces/pendants. There are limited scrolls on this item, however the fact that they share the same feature shows another parallel which proves that Itach is the Yatagarasy parallel.

*General Information on Yatagarasu
In the Japanese mythology, the three-legged bird is named Yatagarasu, and is represented in black and is the symbol of divine intervention in the human world. The Yatagarasu is the bird of the sun goddess, Amaterasu. The Yatagarasu was the savior who choked the beast attempting to devour the sun(Amaterasu).

~This is the end of the Yatagarasu section of the theory.~

Izanami

Izanagi is the ability which has been used by Madara and Danzo within the manga. This ability was based upon one of the Shinto gods of creation, however he had an opposite. This opposite was the female god of creation, Izanami.

Spoiler:
Izanagi Literal Meaning:"male-who-invites"

Spoiler:
Izanami Literal Meaning:"she-who-invites"

These almost identical, yet opposite meanings shows how similar, and how exactly opposite they were from one another. Izanagi was the god of life and creation, while Izanami was the creator of death and creation. The ability of Izanagi in the manga, creates, and takes advantage of death through life. However, if that's reversed it makes: takes advantage of life through death. How is this possible? How can one take advantage of life by accomplishing death? This will be covered in the next section.

*Izanagi/Izanami Relationship
Their relationship ended on horrible terms, when Izanami died, she was sent to the underworld, Yomi. Izanagi then went to retrieve her, however she had already eaten the fruit of the underworld, and had become bound to it. Izanagi could not even see her because of the darkness. But when Izanami was sleeping, Izanagi planned to take her by force, so he lit the comb in his hair and illuminated the abyss. This light revealed Izanami's ghostly and disgusting appearance after eating the fruit, Izanagi screamed, and left. Which awoke Izanami, who swore to kill him and the ones he loved. Including 1,000 citizens each day, while Izanagi replied by saying he would give life to 1,500 each day.

*Izanami's Legacy
The Kojiki show some references about Izanami's life. It's believed that Izanami transferred her soul inside either an animal and a human before she died, although it's unknown whether Izanami had incarnations or not.

~This is the end of the Izanami section of the theory.~

Connections to the Manga

Now it's time to connect these two legends into one, the legend of Itachi. To begin with, we have established that Itachi is the Yatagarasu parallel. However the Yatagarasu tries to save the sun from a beast. The sun, could have easily been replaced by the moon, and the beast would be the jubi. Since the moons eye plan is incorporating the moon, protecting it would be saving the world, by saving the moon. This is what Itachi will end up doing in some way or another later in the manga.

Izanagi is manipulation of death through life. And Izanami is manipulation of life through death, which Itachi performed both these scenes: Both of these incidents were the jutsu of Izanami, leaving your entire or part of your soul in another life. Itachi separated his soul in half between Naruto and Sasuke, however, Itachi is still alive through Naruto and Sasuke, or else he wouldn't have been able to do this: If Itachi truly did activate this Amaterasu, it would explain why Itachi's Mangekyou took root in Sasuke's eyes when he hasn't even unlocked Mangekyou Sharingan. It would answer why that hasn't happened since because Madara shows off his sharingan all the time. Also, Itachi using Izanami makes sense, since Madara is the Izanagi user, it shows off more of their hatred for one another.

Now, what does this have to do with anything. It's just saying that Itachi is going to be a relevant character in the plot later, and will influence the turn of the manga. This theory is also proving the soul transfer theory.

~This is the end of the theory.~

I hope you enjoyed you read, if you have any questions leave them below, and I will respond.

Disputing a so called "flaw" in my theory:

-I can imagine someone saying that Itachi couldn't have used his soul because he was summoned by Kabuto. The answer is simple, when Orochimaru used Edo Tensei, the summonings maintained their personality until the explosive tags were placed in their skulls. None of Kabuto's summons showed personality, which indicates that Kabuto's statement about surpassing Orochimaru and Nidaime in Edo Tensei as accurate

Hatifnatte 12-30-2010 04:00 PM

Re: Izanami

Edit: I fixed it

Hatifnatte 12-30-2010 04:05 PM

O well

Nick Tasogare 12-30-2010 04:07 PM

Ok really, you should know by now that you can't use images from the anime or manga.

Yori 12-30-2010 04:12 PM

Yo! This is a damn good theory. No lie

Naruto321 12-30-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Ok really, you should know by now that you can't use images from the anime or manga.
I don't see any images in the links he hyperlinked

Wind Style Naruto 12-30-2010 04:13 PM

Yeah you should have added how the Rikudo Sennin used Izanagi to create the 9 Bijus from the Juubi. Hence he created life through death.

Nick Tasogare 12-30-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naruto321 (Post 4553660)
I don't see any images in the links he hyperlinked

Because I edited them out.

Hatifnatte 12-30-2010 04:22 PM

Thanks you guys

Naruto321 12-30-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Tasogare (Post 4553678)
Because I edited them out.

Touche

zerosameri 12-30-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

The answer is simple, when Orochimaru used Edo Tensei, the summonings maintained their personality until the explosive tags were placed in their skulls. None of Kabuto's summons showed personality,
False. Sasori, and Deidara when they shown. Sasori and Deidara had an argument. Then again. Deidara got more cocky then his usual self. Then Sasori came to his emotions and 'deied', wail deidara is going off. Lets not forget Shin, who was pleading with Sai. Then Zazbuza and Haku. Haku was crying and had his usual additued. Zazbuza got more dad-ass.

Either way they do have personality.

Hatifnatte 12-30-2010 05:21 PM

ok if you think that

zerosameri 12-30-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatifnatte (Post 4554081)
ok if you think that

I'm not thinking that, it's from the chapter it self. :|

Hatifnatte 12-30-2010 06:14 PM

Can you show me that?

Kuromaki 12-30-2010 06:18 PM

This is cool and all but I saw it on NF. Doubt you're the real author but thanks for bringing a good theory here?

Hatifnatte 12-30-2010 06:20 PM

alright;)

Kuromaki 12-30-2010 06:22 PM

Hey if you are the real author, my bad, but this wouldn't be the first time someone copied an essay from NF and posted it in the Bookstore. Just sayin

Kazuki Dekiru 12-30-2010 06:23 PM

OH THANK YOU!! Finally, someone other than me actually thinks that the Naruto manga has some depth to it and notices Masashi Kishimoto's inspiration of Japanese deities! Thank you! A well-thought out comment froma well-thought out person and not some random, "UH... NARUTO SUCKS!! TAKE DAT NARUTARDS!! KISHI IS DUMB!! DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERR!!"

zerosameri 12-30-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuromaki (Post 4554432)
Hey if you are the real author, my bad, but this wouldn't be the first time someone copied an essay from NF and posted it in the Bookstore. Just sayin

I done, it once. But I gave credit. I was like "Hey people ________ made this not me" `:P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatifnatte (Post 4554367)
Can you show me that?

522 page 8
521 page 13 2nd to last panel
521 page 16
521 page 17
520 page 20
519 page 3
519 page 4

and so forth.

Phoenix Wright 12-30-2010 07:09 PM

Objection!