Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Naruto Manga Discussion (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Spoiler Pain Over Madara As The Main Antagonist Of The Series (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=87074)

BlackAngel 12-20-2010 10:03 PM

Pain Over Madara As The Main Antagonist Of The Series

I recently watched read the chapters and watched the anime of all the scenes of Nagato from his first appearance to his death. In my own personal opinion I beilieve Nagato should have been the main antagonist of the series instead of Madara, here are my reasons.

1)Nagato has suffered a past similar to Naruto, Nagato has delt with so much suffering and I believe that the main villain should have felt the same suffering as the main character, Madara has not since he is just a ruthless typical evil character.

2)Nagato has a much more interesting past, and yet more things are yet to be revealed about it, i mean...everyone knows who Madara is. Not many people knew who Nagato was, he was the shadow of the akatsuki, never showing his actual face, instead using his former best friends body to make it look like that's him.

3)Being a former student of Naruto's master, it'd be alot better to see to comparents, one student went bad, the other went good, both are trying to achieve peace and love in a world but in different ways.

what do you think?

Yori 12-20-2010 10:09 PM

Re: Pain Over Madara As The Main Antagonist Of The Series

1. Thats too cliche. How many times has that happen honestly? That gets boring

2. If there is anyone with an interesting past its Madara. Without a doubt. How did Nagato got his eyes? - Madara. How did Madara manage to do that? Yet to be reveled. Everyone thats in the story right now is connected to Madara in some sort of weird way.

3. Already happened and look at the result. To me Nagato was to much of a softy if Naruto changed his minds with some quick words. With Madara words isn't going to do a damn thing. Your going to have to kill this guy if you want him to stop. This is why I like Madara as an Antagonist. He is "I'm Naruto and I believe..." words proof.

Wind Style Naruto 12-20-2010 10:24 PM

I agree with Yori Nagato is you average naruto villain who can turn good pretty easy with a few words but Madara is a hardcore badass. Nagato serves good as a temporarily main antagonist to be replace with someone better.

EvL j3st3r 12-21-2010 01:24 PM

besides.....it sounds like you're saying Nagato would be a better final villain mostly bc he is like a polar opposite for Naruto. But we already have Sasuke for that. I like it better that Nagato turned out to be good.

EDIT: HEY YOU.....THE ONE WHO GAVE ME BAD REP ON THIS POST. Atleast come with your argument if your gonna drag my rep down over a discussion that revolves completely around speculation and personal opinion.

iMario999 12-22-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yori (Post 4499571)
1. Thats too cliche. How many times has that happen honestly? That gets boring

2. If there is anyone with an interesting past its Madara. Without a doubt. How did Nagato got his eyes? - Madara. How did Madara manage to do that? Yet to be reveled. Everyone thats in the story right now is connected to Madara in some sort of weird way.

3. Already happened and look at the result. To me Nagato was to much of a softy if Naruto changed his minds with some quick words. With Madara words isn't going to do a damn thing. Your going to have to kill this guy if you want him to stop. This is why I like Madara as an Antagonist. He is "I'm Naruto and I believe..." words proof.

I agree with this!! And Pain did a nice cool job in the story... No need to be the main enemy character!

J-Sun Tasogare 12-22-2010 12:24 PM

Orochimaru was better imo, he was just so sick and twisted, it was a guy you loved to hate. With Madara all it is, is a guessing game, and once we know all about him he pretty much doesn't have any excitement left in him.

madara' 12-22-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackAngel (Post 4499536)
I recently watched read the chapters and watched the anime of all the scenes of Nagato from his first appearance to his death. In my own personal opinion I beilieve Nagato should have been the main antagonist of the series instead of Madara, here are my reasons.

1)Nagato has suffered a past similar to Naruto, Nagato has delt with so much suffering and I believe that the main villain should have felt the same suffering as the main character, Madara has not since he is just a ruthless typical evil character.

2)Nagato has a much more interesting past, and yet more things are yet to be revealed about it, i mean...everyone knows who Madara is. Not many people knew who Nagato was, he was the shadow of the akatsuki, never showing his actual face, instead using his former best friends body to make it look like that's him.

3)Being a former student of Naruto's master, it'd be alot better to see to comparents, one student went bad, the other went good, both are trying to achieve peace and love in a world but in different ways.

what do you think?

I think that's an awesome opinion.

BlackAngel 12-22-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madara' (Post 4507737)
I think that's an awesome opinion.

Thanks for viewing how I feel. These guys don't understand what I mean not to mention there just hyped about the war not the actual story.

EvL j3st3r 12-22-2010 03:55 PM

^ Just bc ppl disagree with you doesn't mean they don't get your theory. Ppl's opinions differ. And I personally am thinking of the story. I believe the story is better as is than it would be if Nagato had been the main villain.

Uchiha Raimaru 12-22-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Sun Tasogare (Post 4507518)
Orochimaru was better imo, he was just so sick and twisted, it was a guy you loved to hate. With Madara all it is, is a guessing game, and once we know all about him he pretty much doesn't have any excitement left in him.

This^

Madara is a better main antagonist of the series than Nagato would be, but Orochimaru was the best.

Madara has been involved in many significant things in the series, but Orochimaru was always. Right. There. He probably had the biggest impact on the main character (by taking Sasuke from the Leaf) and has been the driving force behind many, many significant events.

mrsticky005 12-22-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackAngel (Post 4499536)

what do you think?

Madara is a much better villain than Nagato.

Sina 12-23-2010 05:40 AM

story cracks characters crack ...

at last story needs someone to take Nagato's eyes and be THE SUPER VILLAIN

gama-sennin 12-23-2010 07:57 AM

Nagato was awesome until he "changed"..Any villain who can be changed using TnJ can not be classified as a villain and a story needs a good villain to make the final victory sound/taste sweeter. I personally loved HP only because JKR made a uber badass villain like Voldy. Nagato was too soft to be considered as the final villain.
There used to be debates about whether Madara is good enough to take that spot but I havent seen even a single thread with the said subject since he, oh so spectacularly, killed Konan. There is no doubt that he will be the final villain even with Kabuto running around.

But if I were to write this story then I would have stayed with Oro. That guy was, in simplest words, "scary".

yokokurama 12-23-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackAngel (Post 4508428)
Thanks for viewing how I feel. These guys don't understand what I mean not to mention there just hyped about the war not the actual story.

this^^

I bet if Kishi had actually written it such that Nagato really was the main villian and Madara was a side-villian, people would've agreed with Kishi's choice. Then someone would make a thread saying Madara should've been the main villian and people would've disagreed. Either character is fine with my, I honestly don't care who the villian is, the series is full of cliches, plot-holes, plot-no-jutsus. It's entertaining though. Anywho, I agree Nagato could've made a great main villian, however, the authors (lmao if u think Kishi writes all of it) probably would've incorporated Madara's characteristics into nagato were this the case.

But again, Madara/Nagato

HachibiXSenpai 12-23-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gama-sennin (Post 4512625)
Nagato was awesome until he "changed"..Any villain who can be changed using TnJ can not be classified as a villain and a story needs a good villain to make the final victory sound/taste sweeter.

So you expect naruto just to kill off nagato instead of understanding him just like how nagato understood him? this whole "nagato changed" topic has gone off too much proportion. Honestly, how would the story advance if nagato decided to carry out his plan by eventually failing?? even madara would've betrayed and killed him if nagato somehow managed to continue with his "peace" since madara is going for the "moon eye" plan instead of nagato's wishful thinking. sorry if i'm coming off rather rude but from my perspective i wished people would've quit pointing fingered at nagato being "TNJ'd"

HachibiXSenpai 12-23-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yokokurama (Post 4515154)
this^^

I bet if Kishi had actually written it such that Nagato really was the main villian and Madara was a side-villian, people would've agreed with Kishi's choice. Then someone would make a thread saying Madara should've been the main villian and people would've disagreed. Either character is fine with my, I honestly don't care who the villian is, the series is full of cliches, plot-holes, plot-no-jutsus. It's entertaining though. Anywho, I agree Nagato could've made a great main villian, however, the authors (lmao if u think Kishi writes all of it) probably would've incorporated Madara's characteristics into nagato were this the case.

But again, Madara/Nagato

what are the plot holes?

BlackAngel 12-23-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yokokurama (Post 4515154)
this^^

But again, Madara/Nagato

Thanks man `:).

I just think in my opinion that not every single villain should be killed, I mean cmon man? THERE IS NO ANIME TODAY THAT THE MOST DIABOLICAL VILLAIN THAT DOESN'T GET KILLED! Just look at Yu Yu Hakusho's Sensui! He wasn't killed and that brought a very good (not to mention emotional) saga ending. People look like the villain always has to be the most cruel person ever, srsly now thats the CLICHE. Villains should be good characters that turned bad eventually, not an idiot who was born bad like Madara. Im not saying Madara is a bad villian (I like Madara as a villain, I just think Nagato was better). If you guys say that Madara is a better villain just for the main reasons (he's evil, he's cold hearted, he's powerful) then don't bother replying to this forum, im sorry if im being a rude but I just wanted to give out my opinion not have a huge argument with other people. Nagato was originally stronger then Madara, Madara even admitted he was the strongest in Akatsuki for wielding the Rinnegan, why else do you think he wanted the Rinnegan so badly?

iMario999 12-23-2010 05:48 PM

By The Way.... TOO LATE lolz

EvL j3st3r 12-23-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackAngel (Post 4516526)
Thanks man `:).

I just think in my opinion that not every single villain should be killed, I mean cmon man? THERE IS NO ANIME TODAY THAT THE MOST DIABOLICAL VILLAIN THAT DOESN'T GET KILLED! Just look at Yu Yu Hakusho's Sensui! He wasn't killed and that brought a very good (not to mention emotional) saga ending. People look like the villain always has to be the most cruel person ever, srsly now thats the CLICHE. Villains should be good characters that turned bad eventually, not an idiot who was born bad like Madara. Im not saying Madara is a bad villian (I like Madara as a villain, I just think Nagato was better). If you guys say that Madara is a better villain just for the main reasons (he's evil, he's cold hearted, he's powerful) then don't bother replying to this forum, im sorry if im being a rude but I just wanted to give out my opinion not have a huge argument with other people. Nagato was originally stronger then Madara, Madara even admitted he was the strongest in Akatsuki for wielding the Rinnegan, why else do you think he wanted the Rinnegan so badly?

So you just want to post a public thread and only hear from the people that agree with your point of view? No chance.

BlackAngel 12-23-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvL j3st3r (Post 4516841)
So you just want to post a public thread and only hear from the people that agree with your point of view? No chance.

I never said I wanted to make a thread with only people agreeing to my opinion, I said that I didn't want the usual reasons of Madara being the main villian (evil, cold hearted, powerful). Im done arguing. If you think Madara should be the main villain then thats fine, but at least you should have a good reason for him to be the main villain.