Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Naruto Games (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Naruto CCG: Card and Set Reviews (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=86795)

ItachiAnbu 12-18-2010 05:14 PM

Card and Set Reviews

So I thought it would be mildly entertaining for me to periodically do a mini-article on new things in the CCG, including sets, individual cards, decks, and tins.

Feel free to comment, and even do your own review, if you want.

ItachiAnbu 12-18-2010 05:23 PM

Sasuke [Eyes of the Serpent]

All of the following individual cards in my posts will be from set 19.

Sasuke [Eyes of the Serpent]

The Bad: First, it's almost exactly the same as the last starter Sasuke we had, since they have (nearly) the same effect. Second, it can negate a few of your strategies, such as taking down multiple injured ninjas in one swoop with a mission card or the like. And unlike the last starter Sasuke, it has a hand cost.

The Good: The art on this card is absolutely increadible. The effect, while limiting to some effects, can enhance others. It has AMBUSH, which few other Sasukes have. It has a whopping 7/3 healthy power, which is why it has a hand cost. It has two Combat Attributes, which allows it to use more jutsu. And finally, it can be found in both the Sasuke starter deck and the set, which makes it readily available to all players.

Overall, I like this card.

Rating: 8/10

ItachiAnbu 12-19-2010 02:09 PM

Pain (Deva Path) [Deva Path]

Pain (Deva Path) [Deva Path]

The Bad: He is a T6 ninja with a hand cost of 1, but that's normal for a Satoosa ninja. The only other gripe I have about this card is that his effect isn't worth the cost. You can sacrfice a ninja once per turn to either keep an opponents ninja from going out to battle, or make sure they send them out to battle.

The Good: Another card with some great background art, and awesome character art. With AMBUSH, MASTERY, a rank of Satoosa, and a healthy power of 8/3, this guy is a power house.

Honestly, the art won me over. This a great collector card, but it isn't that practical to play outside of a Pain or Akatsuki deck.

Rating: 7/10

ItachiAnbu 12-19-2010 02:16 PM

Rinnegan

Rinnegan

The Bad: This card doesn't utilize it's better effect unless your turn marker is even; ipso facto, you can only use it well for half the game. Only pain can use it, which is an obvious drawback, but we've had good character exclusive jutsu before. The worst bit iks that it's a Super Rare, so there's a fair chance that you'll pull this instead of the Super Rare you were looking for.

The Good: The effect is most useful when it is used to get rid of missions: that can help you out a ton.

In summation, I don't look upon this card with favor. Ok in a Pain deck, but otherwise I just wouldn't use it.

Rating: 5/10

ItachiAnbu 12-20-2010 08:17 AM

Chidori

Chidori

The Bad: For a Chidori, it's destructive power is limited. It can also only hit ninjas against which the user is battling.

The Good: It can be paid with 3 of any chakra, and can even be played from the chakra area if you have no cards in your hand. Imagine keeping this card as the last card in your hand, using it, allowing it to go to your chakra area, and then using it again while it's there. Also, it doesn't have to be used by Sasuke, though if it isn't, it doesn't pack as big of a punch. When it is used by Sasuke, it can be more powerful than earlier Chidori's.

This card is, without a doubt, a good card. The best part is that it's a common, so anyone can get their hands on it. It's one of the better jutsus we've gotten recently.

Rating: 8/10

ItachiAnbu 12-24-2010 12:06 PM

Third Hokage [For the Greater Good]

Third Hokage [For the Greater Good]

The Bad: Unless you can get back the cards that his effect discards

The Good: Excellent card art, with the god of death in the background reaching out of Sarutobi's stomach. I'd love to see this card in gold foiling. additionally, his effect supports the Recycle deck-type.

I find that while this card is supremely underrated, it deserves to be played only in an Fire-Lightning Recycle deck. It's one of my favorite collector cards from this set.

The Rating: 7/10

Taker369 12-26-2010 11:50 PM

Re: Card and Set Reviews

maybe you should put what set they come from so we dont get confused just saying lol

Mangekyo_Sharingan 12-27-2010 06:53 PM

Re: Card and Set Reviews

Pain deva path SR is Broken sauce i give him a 11/10

ItachiAnbu 04-16-2011 10:14 AM

Jiraiya (Sage Mode) [Eminent Sage]

Jiraiya (Sage Mode) [Eminent Sage]

Card #1067

The Bad: Having to sacrifice three ninjas is kind of a bummer, but you can fight that by using things like a summoning jutsu, or a search mission to help you get those ninjas out.

The Good: Props to the Bandai crew for building up an excellent squad card. I can see more to come in the future. His stats and effect are amazing, and he has three symbols, which is pretty awesome. Plus, he's only a Turn 7 ninja.

Rating: 9/10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangekyo_Sharingan (Post 4536959)
Pain deva path SR is Broken sauce i give him a 11/10

During the meta which I posted that particular review, Pain (Deva Path) was only relatively playable. With the release of more and more Void-type cards, he's finally gotten more support. Still, his effect is nowhere near approaching what I would consider "broken sauce."

Nevertheless, I appreciate your contribution, good sir.