Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Omniverse (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Singleverse: Harry Potter Wizard Tier (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=68158)

The Anti-Existence 08-04-2010 03:43 PM

Harry Potter Wizard Tier

In honor of all the HP topics lately....

Elite Top Tier:
Albus Dumbledore
Lord Voldemort
Gellert Grindelwald

^ indisputable. The entire series is bases on no wizard is as good as Voldy or Dumbles. And Albus was only "a bit" better than Grindy.

Top Tier:
Severus Snape
Molly Weasley (depending on if you think it was PIS)
Bellatrix Lestrange
Horace Slughorn
Minerva McGonagall
Flitwick
Alastor Moody

Mid Tier
Remus Lupin
Kingsley Shacklebolt
Sirius Black
James Potter

Above Average:
Hermione Granger

Average:
A lot of names.... Harry Potter and Ron Weasley mainly. Also Neville Longbottom

Low Tier:
Gilderoy Lockhart

The 1st Hokage 08-04-2010 04:09 PM

Re: Harry Potter Wizard Tier

Wait, Harry is just average?

The Anti-Existence 08-04-2010 04:11 PM

In my opinion, yes. Then again, I hate him so maybe I'm biased.

Danielle 08-04-2010 04:16 PM

He's not very skilled at much other than defense magic. I agree with the list.

The 1st Hokage 08-04-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Anti-Existence (Post 3733979)
In my opinion, yes. Then again, I hate him so maybe I'm biased.

I don't like him, nor do I hate him, but Mid Tier sounds more reasonable.

DSPR7 08-04-2010 05:03 PM

LOL at Gilderoy Lockhart. Win dude, pure win.

Debatable though their power is, where are you putting the Hogwarts Four? You know, the founders?

Also, Flitwick should be in the Top Tier, IMO.

The 1st Hokage 08-04-2010 05:05 PM

Molly should be on the top tier when she is PISSED! She owned Belatrix so bad it was funny.

Maikeru D. Shinigami 08-04-2010 06:21 PM

You're missing people.

Draco Malfoy - Above Average.
Lucius Malfoy - Mid Tier.
Ginny Weasley - Mid Tier.
......Neville Longbottom - Average.

deidara330 08-04-2010 06:23 PM

Harry needs to be way higher. Sectumsempra, Imperius, Crucio, Apparating, Protego, Expelliarmus, Stupefy, and multiple other spells could probably severely overpower many of the people you put above Harry. Not Voldemort, but he should at least be above Moody for the simple fact that he has more spells and feats than Moody and Moody's character has a large amount of hype backing him. He's supposedly the best Auror of his time and possibly of all time, but aside from a blasting curse and some Transfiguration his spells don't differ largely from ones Harry's shown and Harry simply has more spells. On top of the fact that Harry has fought powerful Death Eaters multiple times. And I don't even see how Hermione is above Harry, sure she's got a larger intelligence but she isn't as powerful as Harry using spells.

And I think the tiers are unbalanced. Moody is powerful, but IMO he should be high tier, not top. And some of the people in the Top Tier should be moved down based on the fact that none of the tiers below Top have more than 2 people, thus people should be moved down to fill them until more people are added to the tier list. However, bottom tier should stay reserved for Lockhart.

Yellow Flash 08-04-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deidara330 (Post 3735228)
Harry needs to be way higher. Sectumsempra, Imperius, Crucio, Apparating, Protego, Expelliarmus, Stupefy, and multiple other spells could probably severely overpower many of the people you put above Harry. Not Voldemort, but he should at least be above Moody for the simple fact that he has more spells and feats than Moody and Moody's character has a large amount of hype backing him. He's supposedly the best Auror of his time and possibly of all time, but aside from a blasting curse and some Transfiguration his spells don't differ largely from ones Harry's shown and Harry simply has more spells. On top of the fact that Harry has fought powerful Death Eaters multiple times. And I don't even see how Hermione is above Harry, sure she's got a larger intelligence but she isn't as powerful as Harry using spells.

And I think the tiers are unbalanced. Moody is powerful, but IMO he should be high tier, not top. And some of the people in the Top Tier should be moved down based on the fact that none of the tiers below Top have more than 2 people, thus people should be moved down to fill them until more people are added to the tier list. However, bottom tier should stay reserved for Lockhart.

I praise you for taking the time to type all this out and to such accuracy too.

/+Reps

The Anti-Existence 08-04-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSPR7 (Post 3734425)
Debatable though their power is, where are you putting the Hogwarts Four? You know, the founders?

Too unquantifiable IMO. I don't think it's possible to put them anywhere on the list. I mean, you could reasonably speculate they're at least Top Tier but again, it's based on nothing. No feats or statements of any kind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deidara330 (Post 3735228)
Not Voldemort, but he should at least be above Moody for the simple fact that he has more spells and feats than Moody and Moody's character has a large amount of hype backing him. He's supposedly the best Auror of his time and possibly of all time, but aside from a blasting curse and some Transfiguration his spells don't differ largely from ones Harry's shown and Harry simply has more spells. On top of the fact that Harry has fought powerful Death Eaters multiple times.

harry never fought any powerful Death Eaters. EVERY confrontation with them froM Book 5 and up he ran away. He never dueled a single one.

His only victory over a Death Eater is taking the stupid one, Amycus, by surprise.

Moody on the other hand killed and captured multiple Death Eaters. You also forget he's well passed his prime by the time of the series, having sustained a crippling inury to boot. (losing a leg)

Quote:

And I don't even see how Hermione is above Harry, sure she's got a larger intelligence but she isn't as powerful as Harry using spells.
Proof?

Quote:

I agree here.

DSPR7 08-05-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Anti-Existence (Post 3735583)
Too unquantifiable IMO. I don't think it's possible to put them anywhere on the list. I mean, you could reasonably speculate they're at least Top Tier but again, it's based on nothing. No feats or statements of any kind.

harry never fought any powerful Death Eaters. EVERY confrontation with them froM Book 5 and up he ran away. He never dueled a single one.

His only victory over a Death Eater is taking the stupid one, Amycus, by surprise.

Moody on the other hand killed and captured multiple Death Eaters. You also forget he's well passed his prime by the time of the series, having sustained a crippling inury to boot. (losing a leg)

Proof?

I agree here.

They built Hogwarts. Slytherin created the Chamber of Secrets without the other three's knowledge. But yeah, they don't have much.

Of course Harry ran away. He's, what, 16 or 17? Against adult wizards with far more experience? But he did manage to survive, and that's something for an underage wizard. Plus there was his dementor stunt in Book 3. Stupid or not, a Death Eater's a Death Eater. They had all of Hogwarts (excluding the awesomeness that is McGongall) in a grip of fear. Those two were known for being more than willing to torture children, even kill them. Either of them should have had no trouble with Harry by your definition of him, but they did. :/

Moody captured tons of Death Eaters, true. But most of them have no feats. We just hear talk about him doing things that he MAY have done. His most impressive feats are mostly from book 5, where he fights in the Ministry. But I believe he was knocked out in that battle. Harry also Stupefied several Death Eaters and dodge the rest in that battle. He may have even killed Bellatrix had it not been for Voldemort's appearance.

As I said in the Voldy vs Harry thread, just because Harry gets beaten by older wizards doesn't make him weak, it makes it incredible that he manages to survive at all. Do you think that Snape or James or Moody could have stood against their older forms while Harry's age? No, didn't think so.

Black Shuck 08-05-2010 08:17 AM

IMO;
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Anti-Existence (Post 3733793)
In honor of all the HP topics lately....

Elite Top Tier:
Albus Dumbledore
Lord Voldemort
Gellert Grindelwald
Godric Gryffindor
Salazar Slytherin

^ indisputable. The entire series is bases on no wizard is as good as Voldy or Dumbles. And Albus was only "a bit" better than Grindy.

Top Tier:
Severus Snape
Molly Weasley (depending on if you think it was PIS)
Bellatrix Lestrange
Horace Slughorn (He maybe brilliant in Potions)
Minerva McGonagall
Flitwick
Alastor Moody
Rufus Scrimgeour
Rowena Ravenclaw (unsure)
Helga Hufflepuff (unsure)

Mid Tier
^Remus Lupin
^Kingsley Shacklebolt
Sirius Black
James Potter
Horace Slughorn