Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Naruto Games (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Naruto CCG: A few Q's about what I need to get started? (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=61406)

Alowicious 06-16-2010 10:22 PM

A few Q's about what I need to get started?

So what do I need to get started?

Sorry for asking but i'm not very familiar with CCG/TCG. I suppose the obvious answer is to just buy a starter deck.

I was thinking of buying two starter decks so i'd have an extra to play against myself. So I could use them to practice/learn the game and have an extra deck to play against a friend. Is this a good idea?

After the starter decks, should I just start buying booster packs? or is there a better way to go about this?

Are the tin boxes worth buying? Are they a better buy instead of getting booster packs? Perhaps an explanation of what the tin boxes are?

The starter decks come with a game manual, I assume?

Would I be able to find starter decks, tin boxes and booster packs at Target? As well as sleeves?

What's a good way to go about finding others to play with?

About how much money would I be having to spend on this?

Those are about all the questions I could think of atm. I'll let you know if I can think of more. :p

L_Lawliet 06-17-2010 09:21 AM

Re: A few Q's about what I need to get started?

Well buying a starter deck is a good way to start, it does come with a manual, playsheet, and other basic needs for the game. Booters are not much different from tins, inside each tin are 4 booster packs. The only difference is that tins come with 1 exclusive gold foil cards and 1 alternate rare art card. When you buy boosters make sure you buy the newest sets like Will of Fire, Foretold Prophecy, Broken Promises, and other Shippuden sets, check the card website for more details of the cards in each set.

Edit: As far as I know, only Target carries the cards, boosters sell for 3.99, tins 14.99, and starter decks are 9.99. Make sure your friend buys one too so you can play and practice with one another!

ItachiAnbu 06-17-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alowicious (Post 3327733)
So what do I need to get started?

Sorry for asking but i'm not very familiar with CCG/TCG. I suppose the obvious answer is to just buy a starter deck.

I was thinking of buying two starter decks so i'd have an extra to play against myself. So I could use them to practice/learn the game and have an extra deck to play against a friend. Is this a good idea?

After the starter decks, should I just start buying booster packs? or is there a better way to go about this?

Are the tin boxes worth buying? Are they a better buy instead of getting booster packs? Perhaps an explanation of what the tin boxes are?

The starter decks come with a game manual, I assume?

Would I be able to find starter decks, tin boxes and booster packs at Target? As well as sleeves?

What's a good way to go about finding others to play with?

About how much money would I be having to spend on this?

Those are about all the questions I could think of atm. I'll let you know if I can think of more. :p

1. Starter decks are, as the name suggests, a great way to start. They come with everything you need to play, including some kick*** cards.

2. One of the first thing you want to do, either before or after buying, is figure out which elements you like the best. For example, my favorite is Water, and my second favorite is Fire. You figure this out either by looking at which element you are most compatable with (playing style and personality) and by which element has your favorite characters. I will give you a list of the playing styles of all the elements:
  • Water = Water is all about versatility. It has ninjas that work well anywhere, jutsu's that can be useful anytime, and missions that can do almost anything. It's biggest weakness is that it's ninjas can be overpowered by some of the more powerful offensive elements. Some Water strategies are Chakra Eating, Snakes, and Jonin Overwhelm. It has equal defense and offense.
  • Fire = Fire is all about damage, and hurting the opponent. It has big ninjas and powerful damage and pump jutsu, with good search missions. It has the most negation in the game. It's weakness is that it doesn't always have enough chakra to use it's jutsu. Some Fire strategies are Mill, Uchiha Pump, and Kage Insta-Win. It is an offensive element.
  • Wind = Wind uses all of it's cards together in powerful combos. It's ninjas rely on each other, and it's jutsu can give players an edge. It has the second most negation in the game. The missions usually search for ninjas, jutsu, or have game-changing effects. Wind has almost as much Mental support as Earth. Wind has one of the best mechanics in the game; healing. It's weakness is sometimes not having powerful early game ninja. Some Wind strategies are Gaara >9000, Puppets, and Medical. It is a largely defensive element.
  • Lightning = Lightning is all about raw energy. It has powerful pump and damage jutsu, but it has more pump than damage, whereas Fire has an equal amount of both. Lightning has the most powerful individual ninja in the game, including Jiraiya, Gamabunta, and Naruto (Tailed Beast Mode). Some Lightning strategies are Tailed Beast Assault, Toads, and Rasengan Search. It is a completely offensive element.
  • Earth = Earth can do just about anything. It has tons of ninja for its strategies, a few versatile jutsu, and certain search and control missions. It has very many unusual effects, and focuses on prevention and stalling the opponent. Some Earth strategies are Byakugan, Mental, and most notably, Trees (also refered to as DFC, which stands for Deep Forest Creation). It is almost as versatile as Water, but is a little bit more defensive.

Now you know the elements. Mix and match these to create your very own deck with unique strategies!

3. Tins give you about 4 booster packs, plus some extra cards (uaually very awesome cards, too). I sometimes prefer buying them over normal boosters.

4. Target usually has cards and the like, but Toy R Us has more, and Toys R Us also sells sleeves, whereas the Targets in my area do not.

5. The best way to find other people is the go down to your local hobby shop and ask around, or just ask your friends if they play. If they don't, ask them if they'd be interested in learning, and so on and so forth.

6. Money is your choice. If you want to have more than one deck and use four or five elements, or if you want to play in tournaments, you're going to need a lot of money. But If you make just one deck, with two elements, I would say you'd only need about $80 (two starters, three tins) to make a one-shot deck and never update it.

But if you really get into it, like me, you'll spend a few hundred dollars over the years accumulating thousands of cards and making a bunch of decks. But, it's really your choice. There's no real demend, just buy more cards to tweak your deck whenever you want.

Naruto Hayabusa 08-13-2010 06:00 PM

Well i wanted to learn how to play, so i bought a starter pack. It came with everything needed to play(except an opponent). Now im pretty good at it, but im still new to it.

ItachiAnbu 08-15-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naruto Hayabusa (Post 3793825)
Well i wanted to learn how to play, so i bought a starter pack. It came with everything needed to play(except an opponent). Now im pretty good at it, but im still new to it.

Awesome! `:)