Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Naruto Games (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Naruto Path of the Ninja: How is this considered a competitive game? (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=56276)

Sasori_X 05-01-2010 09:22 PM

How is this considered a competitive game?

Just to let you know I played this Naruto path of the Ninja 2 when it first was released to the US. I admitted it was a pretty fun game and one of my other reason of getting it was because it had Wifi. But little did I figure out, this game really uses no strategy at all. All you really need is Speed and Power and you win pretty much most of your fights.

If you wanted to up your attack with ninja tags, it lowers your defence and vice versa. Seems a pretty good trade off, until you realized the game give no penalty for speed. Well guess who has the highest speed in the game? Thats right Rock Lee. Not only does his leader effect give his team extra speed but equipping him with the all these speed oriented equipments and tags with the eight gates makes him incredibly fast Oh yeah lets get a character who has high attack and can do AoE, we get Tenten. Same thing here as well, pump her up with a bunch attack oriented equipments and tags makes her the ideal person for attacking. Now we have the broken Tenten and Rock Lee combo. This is all I even see in this game and if you lose, you can always D/C getting no penalty for it at all.

So people answer me this, how is this consider to be a competitive game with hardly any use of a strategy at all. And thanks for reading it. I really need to know.

phantom9999 05-02-2010 12:22 AM

Re: How is this considered a competitive game?

1. If one d/c to get good score, then he is just tricking his own mind.
2. If you think Lee/Tenten is the win all strategy, try using it against some of the pros.

kazzim13 05-03-2010 07:23 PM

Wow i haven't been here in awhile. I'll agree with you Sasori_X at first when you play this game it seems like there is no strategy in it but, when you actually get too good and or bored with 2 turn matches you can look into other team combinations that do involve strategy. I've made teams that are based on def, status effects, and even TSC teams that are able to compete with pro teams. There are many things that actually make this game competive but it usually involves playing against people that are as good or better than you to see them. What do you do if the other person has a faster team besides just oh...d/c.

phantom9999 05-04-2010 08:49 PM

Sorry Sasori. That was a bit harsh. I guess the d/c comment got me going a bit.

Kaz is right. It was very hard to overcome the Lee/Tenten combo at first. But once you've figured it out, then this combo is not that hard to beat. And if you're using this combo, then you really have to play against someone of your level or above to see other strategies at play.

Sasori_X 05-06-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantom9999 (Post 3029038)
1. If one d/c to get good score, then he is just tricking his own mind.
2. If you think Lee/Tenten is the win all strategy, try using it against some of the pros.

1. I never said anything about me d/cing.
2. Lawl, such as ......

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazzim13 (Post 3041160)
Wow i haven't been here in awhile. I'll agree with you Sasori_X at first when you play this game it seems like there is no strategy in it but, when you actually get too good and or bored with 2 turn matches you can look into other team combinations that do involve strategy. I've made teams that are based on def, status effects, and even TSC teams that are able to compete with pro teams. There are many things that actually make this game competive but it usually involves playing against people that are as good or better than you to see them. What do you do if the other person has a faster team besides just oh...d/c.

Once again, I never said anything about me d/cing. I know it came out wrong, but I never d/c. I was complaining that you can d/c without having any penalty towards your wins/lose. And if I lose, I simply take the loss. But most of them the loses are from Tenten/Lee users with the higher speed.

ThePurpleChidori 05-07-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasori_X (Post 3060361)
1. I never said anything about me d/cing.
2. Lawl, such as ......

Once again, I never said anything about me d/cing. I know it came out wrong, but I never d/c. I was complaining that you can d/c without having any penalty towards your wins/lose. And if I lose, I simply take the loss. But most of them the loses are from Tenten/Lee users with the higher speed.

Lee/Tenten combo is easy to overcome...

Anyways the game is alot more deeper than you think, Lee/Tenten isn't everything, speed isn't everything, Kaz pretty much said it all.

I really hope there is a Path of Ninja 3.

phantom9999 05-07-2010 01:10 PM

That clears up the d/c thing....

Some of the pros are Cloud, Lord_KVML, ( * ) ITACHI (,',), Kaz, Ashen, ThePurpleChidori, Avenger, and some others, and of course myself :) But they don't play much anymore.

Just to illustrate the point about other strategies... Let's say you're using the Lee/Tenten combo. Then my strategy could be that I also have a very fast Lee, but with Hinata as an alternate. If you get to move first and switch in Tenten to do RTD, then my Lee will most likely move next. I'll then switch in Hinata to do FSO to heal everyone. But if my Lee gets to move first before your Lee, then I would switch in Hinata to do HLS. With HLS on my strong defense team, your Tenten's RTD can only do 200 to 300 DMG to each character. Either way, after you use RTD, you'll be at a disadvantage because most likely your Tenten will not get a chance to move again because she's now in the front and it will take her a while to recharge after using RTD. What happens next will depend on the other moves you have planned in your strategy.

ThePurpleChidori 05-07-2010 01:15 PM

I like being called a pro.

Anyways phantom has got it, that's one of the many strategies and it sure is a popular one. I've never had a knack for Defense teams so I wouldn't know...

Twilight Wolf 05-07-2010 04:25 PM

Indeed, the Lee and Tenten combo isn't that hard to overcome, but of course I use a defense team too and always survive the combo, then proceed to heal my team and destroy the characters in question.

Ashen 05-07-2010 10:25 PM

This topic made me lol. But as I've said on gamefaqs before, from experience I know there is no 1 best team, or 1 best way to customize your characters. If there was, this game's WiFi wouldn't have lasted as long as it did.

That said, if the TC is just now realizing that Speed and Power is a naturally good strategy I'd say he's probably mid level skill. The next part is to figure out the remainder of the game mechanics and figure out combinations that can beat certain other team combo's.

phantom9999 05-09-2010 12:51 AM

Howdy Ashen! You sure hit the nail on the head.

Ashen 05-09-2010 08:20 PM

Hey Phantom, its been a while.`:) You still playing?

phantom9999 05-10-2010 08:09 AM

Hey Ashen. I play a little once in a while when I get really bored. What game are you playing now?

Ashen 05-10-2010 01:09 PM

Me? Hmmm... A little bit of everything actually. xD A little bit of Pokemon, Luminous Arc, Tales of Symphonia, Sonic the Hedgehog, Disgaea, Golden Sun... I really don't know what to play as of late. And there's nothing new or interesting that has come out, or is scheduled to come out that interests me. Everything that I have it feels like I've already played through 1 too many times. >____>

phantom9999 05-10-2010 02:11 PM

LOL. That's a lot of games at one time. I am still playing Disgaea, on "Forest of the Dead" right now. Yeah nothing too exciting.