Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Otaku Paradise (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Shippuden Uncut Box Sets? (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=55160)

Wooly 04-22-2010 04:15 PM

Shippuden Uncut Box Sets?

Hey everyone. Just joined here because I recently got back into Naruto after almost 3 years of not watching it. I watched up to 135 of the original series and skipped over the fillers because I really wanted to watch Shippuden haha.

Anyways, I had a question about the Box Sets. It says they're "uncut" AND in English dubs so that means I'd hear things like damn instead of the usual "Darn?" Don't get me wrong, I like Naruto, but I like the maturity level in the language if you get what I mean haha.

And how many episodes are in each of the 2 Box Sets? I'd assume around 30 or so which is about a season? Thanks for everyone that answers my questions. I'll try and stay active around here :P

mrsticky005 04-22-2010 04:56 PM

Re: Shippuden Uncut Box Sets?

yes the language is not censored in uncut

Wooster 04-22-2010 05:03 PM

Not quite 30. The first is the original boxsets 1 and 2, so 25 episodes. There is a bit more swearing, but only for the major voice actors. Tayuya doesn't get to swear because they didn't record two set for her.

You also get the Japanese voices as well if that floats your boat.

mrsticky005 04-22-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooster (Post 2962332)
Not quite 30. The first is the original boxsets 1 and 2, so 25 episodes. There is a bit more swearing, but only for the major voice actors. Tayuya doesn't get to swear because they didn't record two set for her.

You also get the Japanese voices as well if that floats your boat.

Hah, Tayuya doesn't swear but everyone else does.

I hope they do that with Hidan. Have even Raido spout off colorful language
and Hidan be like "Oh darn." That would be so full of win.

Wooster 04-22-2010 05:16 PM

Yeah, I really wanted to hear Tayuya swear, and it was exactly the same. She becomes the most clean cut character of the four. Even Jirobo swears a bit.

I'm sure Hidan will swear. In the beginning, I think Viz had a 4kids complex. They soon realized where the money comes from. The DVD's released now are only uncut.

mrsticky005 04-22-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooster (Post 2962493)
Yeah, I really wanted to hear Tayuya swear, and it was exactly the same. She becomes the most clean cut character of the four. Even Jirobo swears a bit.

I'm sure Hidan will swear. In the beginning, I think Viz had a 4kids complex. They soon realized where the money comes from. The DVD's released now are only uncut.

Um where does the money come from?

Wooster 04-22-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsticky005 (Post 2962612)
Um where does the money come from?

From the Fed.:lol:

mrsticky005 04-22-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooster (Post 2962629)
From the Fed.:lol:

Yay! Fed-Ex!