Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Otaku Paradise (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   cosplaymagic.com???? (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=51063)

itaruto 03-24-2010 07:10 PM

cosplaymagic.com????

im going to buy a hidan cosplay for halloween and i was wondering who has
bought something from that site i need to know if i can trust it if there not
going to steal or anything like that so pls tell me!!!!!!!!!!!

Luna Mikazuki 03-24-2010 07:11 PM

Re: cosplaymagic.com????

They are a good site, usually you get your item in about a week.

Pricey shipping although good quality of the product.

2hyper4u AKA Sloth 03-25-2010 10:56 AM

personally I've gotten wwwwaaayyy more bad reviews then good about Cosplay Magic, Milanoo and other cosplay retail sites =/
I've had people constantly telling me about how much cr*p they got instead of the costume they ordered, but granted in any form of costume purchasing you are putting yourself at risk to get something lower than you expectations of a costume...

they wont steal your money, they will send you something, but the quality of that something is riding on your own judgement... I've seen and heard terrible reviews so personally I would never buy from them (especially because of the overflated prices) but I've heard good reviews as well, (i.e. Luna...) and that the costume was fine

really you get what you pay for, a lot of the times if you pay for an expensive costume and a cheap costume you'll get better quality with the expensive one since you paid more, in general the world of cosplay revolves around $$$

DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT get a wig from cosplay magic... they steal their wig pictures and overall send you terrible quality wigs... its like throwing your money in a trash bin, seriously DX terrible experience!!! Yoko wig of mine came and you cant brush or curl it at all, its long, but the fibers are rough and its very very thin... not what you want in a wig at all ;__;

for Naruto costumes I dont think I've ever gotten an excellent review =/ it was either 'okay' or 'bad'
I'd go for Ebay or even make it yourself, but if you feel like you can trust them, go ahead, I'm not here to stop you! ^^

my resources:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...splaymagic.com
that thread has cosplayers from all around the world reveiwing cosplay magic, I think it would be worth it to take a peek ;D

Uchias IVIonster 03-26-2010 12:06 PM

I heard they are quite bad i would look around for a diffrent site

natsumiuchiha16 03-26-2010 12:22 PM

oh i'm getting my konan cosplay from magiccosplay.com now thats a good site you can get free shipping if you live in north america and other places but some of the stuff is expensive

2hyper4u AKA Sloth 03-26-2010 12:50 PM

@natsumi: have you ordered from Magic Cosplay before?

itaruto 03-28-2010 06:42 PM

no but ill see what the got ok thanks

Luna Mikazuki 03-28-2010 06:43 PM

Ffffs i.e. Luna yourself, Hyper.

XD

itaruto 03-28-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2hyper4u AKA Sloth (Post 2725177)
personally I've gotten wwwwaaayyy more bad reviews then good about Cosplay Magic, Milanoo and other cosplay retail sites =/
I've had people constantly telling me about how much cr*p they got instead of the costume they ordered, but granted in any form of costume purchasing you are putting yourself at risk to get something lower than you expectations of a costume...

they wont steal your money, they will send you something, but the quality of that something is riding on your own judgement... I've seen and heard terrible reviews so personally I would never buy from them (especially because of the overflated prices) but I've heard good reviews as well, (i.e. Luna...) and that the costume was fine

really you get what you pay for, a lot of the times if you pay for an expensive costume and a cheap costume you'll get better quality with the expensive one since you paid more, in general the world of cosplay revolves around $$$

DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT get a wig from cosplay magic... they steal their wig pictures and overall send you terrible quality wigs... its like throwing your money in a trash bin, seriously DX terrible experience!!! Yoko wig of mine came and you cant brush or curl it at all, its long, but the fibers are rough and its very very thin... not what you want in a wig at all ;__;

for Naruto costumes I dont think I've ever gotten an excellent review =/ it was either 'okay' or 'bad'
I'd go for Ebay or even make it yourself, but if you feel like you can trust them, go ahead, I'm not here to stop you! ^^

my resources:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...splaymagic.com
that thread has cosplayers from all around the world reveiwing cosplay magic, I think it would be worth it to take a peek ;D

hmmm well the thing i have lots of friends that got old smally things from ebay so im not sure?

2hyper4u AKA Sloth 03-29-2010 07:18 PM

@irato: but ebay has a better record then cosplay magic and other retail stores, I've only had one bad experience with ebay and that was with a really really cheap wig, so i was kind of half expecting it LOL

itaruto 04-09-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2hyper4u AKA Sloth (Post 2760912)
@irato: but ebay has a better record then cosplay magic and other retail stores, I've only had one bad experience with ebay and that was with a really really cheap wig, so i was kind of half expecting it LOL

im still not so sure

2hyper4u AKA Sloth 04-09-2010 09:41 PM

@irato: well granted, like I said before, you're setting yourself up to be dissapointed when you buy ANYTHING online, wherever it is, whatever it is.
Ebay varies, if you buy from an Ebay seller than specifically orders and distributes from the manufacturer, then it'll be fine and wont smell weird or be used XD
if you buy from an ebay seller trying to rid themselves of old junk then, yeah, it'll probably be a bit less 'new' =)

Kyoko Saijo 04-09-2010 09:45 PM

well if you want the coat, undershirt, ring, shoes, headband, and pants
i say mooncostumes.com but they don't have the scythe

Zazuro 04-10-2010 08:40 AM

I am a huge cosplay buyer and collector from many sites, including cosplaymagic, etc.

Cosplaymagic is an okay place, its is quite expensive there. Heck, even I say. Tobi's mask felt different and seemed funny than the 2 I bought from ebay. I mostly get my Naruto stuff from eBay, but that isn't just it. You could always make your own (which may be the hardest part...) In fact, I made my own Hokage cloak that almost looked like 4th Hokage/Minato Namiakze's but chnaged the design and style quite a bit to make it my own unique Hokage Cloak. =3

ajdv 12-05-2011 01:24 AM

am from hight school to start cosplay, my costume always make myselft, sometime can't find the fabric, i will choose online cosplay store, i like buy costume from yourcosplay.com:eek:

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato 12-05-2011 02:33 PM

never used that site before...
i get my cosplay outfits from expos or small shops

HinataGirl 02-08-2012 06:04 PM

Oh yeah I did buy my hinata outfit there. It has great quality with awesome price. I love that site!!! Buy the hidan outfit there!!